Without further ado...
anomaly is doing the mosts now
- October 1st - 7th : Who will host the Mosts for 2016?
During this week, the event organizer will be decided. Just because I've made this topic doesn't necessarily mean that I might run the mosts, if anyone else is interested, then they can have the opportunity to host. (This topic doesn't have to be managed by me either, I've just made this schedule as guidelines for how discussion could go)
- October 8th - 14th : Mosts Creation, Topic 1: How will the mosts be created?
Will the mosts be created during the voting process, or will the topics be created by a bot at the start of the voting season, à la mosts 2014? Or, will something else never done before be decided?
- October 15th - 21th : Mosts Creation, Topic 2: What will be the content of the mosts?
Last year's rules regarding the content of mosts will be shown, and people will discuss what changes they'd like (if any) to be added this year. Things that might be discussed are whether or not meta mosts can be made, what sort of quality or negativity might be allowed, and whatnot.
- October 22nd - 28th : Mosts Creation, Topic 3 : Caps on how much people can create mosts
Mostly an issue if people can create their own topics for voting in. However, if an alternate system is put into place, then this may or may not have relevance.
- October 29th - November 4th : Decide what constitutes a vote in a mosts topic
Can't get much more straightforward than this. Decide on what people are allowed to use in their vote, and in what format their vote can be in.
- November 5th - 12th : Mosts banner design
How will the mosts be created and designed? Discuss different possible methods here, and which design might look best.
- November 13th - 19th : Voting Period Scheduling
If people want to vote for four weeks, they can. Or four days. The specific starting and stopping date will be discussed here.
(you don't really have to care about these if you don't want to)
- Showrunner split into multiple roles?
- Ties referendum? (again, doesn't have to happen)
And with that, let the discussion begin.
Topic One: Who will Run the Mosts for 2016?
Update: I've decided not to be showrunner anymore. Whoever is interested in filling this position, please post here to run the mosts.
Here's what I used to have written here:
Given the fact that I was voted into the position of running for mosts last time, I think it should be more than fair enough for the same to happen this time, especially if someone else may want to be showrunner this year. (it's been a while since I last heard people discuss about mosts, so I don't know things for sure)
Once at least one person besides me expresses interest in running the mosts, I'll create a list of candidates here.
Now, I'll discuss what I would be like as showrunner this year.
Things that would be the same from last time
- I can still count votes and create mosts as easily, if not more easily than last time.
- I would still generally give people the same amount of freedom they had last time, although maybe do so a tad bit more wisely due to mistakes I made in 2015.
- I enjoyed making the mosts last year, so I'll still carry the same enthusiasm I did before, hopefully.
- I'm a better programmer than I was last year, and I could codify a solution to count votes in each topic.
- Due to having done this already, I could manage the mosts with better performance than before.
- The font kerning in visitor-outline (the font we use to create mosts) is FINALLY fixed, meaning that the text in the mosts won't look so awkward anymore!
- If I have time, I might be able to codify a solution to create mosts bars in addition to counting votes. (note: probably not though)
- I'm much busier this year than last year. Before, I was a homeschooled Junior with nothing better to do, now I'm a Senior in an international school with multiple responsibilities stemming from that alone, as well as having to apply to college, and pay attention to other vested interests of mine. The Talkhaus mosts will be only one of all these other priorities.
- Although I still have a three-week vacation over holiday season, more time of it will be spent on other things. I have friends, relatives, many other people coming over during this time that I normally wouldn't be able to meet, and I wish to spend the time I can with them.
- If I'm elected, I will not make changes on how the mosts are handled during the voting/post-voting periods. Once we come to conclusions about how the mosts will be run, those conclusions will be final. Unless serious malfunction occurs, this principle will be very firmly held.
- I've been out of the talkhaus loop for a while, so I haven't really gotten to know recent memes, events, or other sorts of things. Frankly put, I'm not much of a talkhauser. Would this matter to you?
If you'd like to run the talkhaus mosts, feel free to post! I can also place your details for being showrunner here as well.[/spoiler]