(shouting)

Favorite Touhou Character?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Favorite Touhou Character?

Post by Tobi555 »

Hello everyone, not sure if there's already a topic like this already active but from what I can tell its all been archived so I thought id start friendly conversation here about everyone's favorite Touhou characters C: I'm trying to get into Touhou and so far my most favorite character is Rin Satsuki. I like her design and the fact that she plays a erhu. I wish she was used in more fan games and levels since she's the only cut Touhou character XD I'm glad she's going to get the chance to shine in the fan game Ephemeral Unnatural Balance. :)
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Favorite Touhou Character?

Post by idol »

nue houjuu is great and good also shikieiki yamaxanadu. i also love classic marisa.

i have to give utsuho reiuji props for being one of the coolest boss fights ever, though.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Marisa Kirisame, Wriggle Nightbug, Eiki Shiki, Rumia, Reisen Udongein Inaba, Clownpiece, Maribel Hearn, Renko Usami
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Cirno
Nitori
Alice
Patchouli
Aya
Prismrivers
Renko and Maribel
I guess

And as an aside what's with all these game topics being created in the gazebo when there's the cartridgé
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

ano0maly wrote:Cirno
Nitori
Alice
Patchouli
Aya
Prismrivers
Renko and Maribel
I guess

And as an aside what's with all these game topics being created in the gazebo when there's the cartridgé
Who knows man :lol: I got a lot to cover in order to know who some of these are. I can recognize a few of those characters :D
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

do you think the reason the touhou board doesn't exist is due to a secret horikawa agenda! speculate
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bedlam
mega cool super
First name: [insert word]lam
Pronouns: guy/man/bob.

Post by Bedlam »

Must I say more?
Parsee, Okuu and Remilia are also pretty good. Can't forget about MANnosuke either.

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

1. Alice
2. Alice
3. Alice
4. Marisa
5. Seija
6. Mamizou
7. Koishi
8. Junko
9. Sakuya
10. Hatate
11. Reisen (U. Inaba)
12. Sanae (idk, I just don't hate her)
13. Reimu
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Sakuya.

You gotta love the knives.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

I forgot one

6. Mamizou
7. Miko
8. Koishi
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I saw the title and thought someone bumped an old thread

Also Alice I guess

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Suwako. :3
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Goku, or Aya I guess
That crazy voice dude
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Marisa. Because I love how she's voiced by Bowser, ze.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Youmu~

Runner ups are Sakuya, Cirno, Rumia, Seija, Satori, Keine, Kokoro, and Suwako
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

here's my top 10

won: Utsuho
silver: Sakuya
Γ: Marisa
four: Kagerou
: Momiji
sixth place: Clownpiece
|||| ||: Koakuma
sideways infinity: Suika
IX: Reisen
0x000A: tie between Ran, Rin, and Wriggle Nightbug
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Hrmrmrmrmrmrm, hard to say.

Possibly a three-way tie between Mokou, Mamizou, and Tenshi.
Somewhat fave Raiko as well. So sad that fandom-wise, she doesn't get a lot of spotlight shining down on her.
Murasa for her boss battle. Her spell cards and the boss music is one of my favorites.
Honorary mention goes to Marisa when voiced by Bowser.
Also, even though she's an OC, I can't help but like the nameless Hakurei Miko. Partially since she looks cool, and mostly due to Osana Reimu and that one comic by Warugaki.

Come to think of it, I'd have an even longer time pondering the thread's question if fanworks are taken into account. Lotsa artists out there, and often their depictions can really make me like a character. It's hard to choose.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

aka Cthulhu wrote:Hrmrmrmrmrmrm, hard to say.

Possibly a three-way tie between Mokou, Mamizou, and Tenshi.
Somewhat fave Raiko as well. So sad that fandom-wise, she doesn't get a lot of spotlight shining down on her.
Murasa for her boss battle. Her spell cards and the boss music is one of my favorites.
Honorary mention goes to Marisa when voiced by Bowser.
Also, even though she's an OC, I can't help but like the nameless Hakurei Miko. Partially since she looks cool, and mostly due to Osana Reimu and that one comic by Warugaki.

Come to think of it, I'd have an even longer time pondering the thread's question if fanworks are taken into account. Lotsa artists out there, and often their depictions can really make me like a character. It's hard to choose.
Yea I wish more characters got the spotlight in fanworks :) That's why I'm super happy that Ephemeral Unnatural Balance is going to star Rin Satsuki
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Tobi555 wrote:Yea I wish more characters got the spotlight in fanworks :) That's why I'm super happy that Ephemeral Unnatural Balance is going to star Rin Satsuki
When I think about it, Raiko is kinda unlucky in a sense. Among the Windows-era EX bosses, she doesn't get a lot of attention. Like... does this make sense, she's not really connected to anyone of importance, so her presence is weak. Just my theory, since when you think about it:

Flandre: sister of Remilia, and a member of the SDM crew.
Ran and Yukari: Chen's master, and Yukari is a friend of Yuyuko, and Yukari is pretty much the head honcho of Gensokyo as a whole.
Mokou: Enemy (or frenemy, or something) of Kaguya, and friends with Keine.
Suwako: Co-god with Kanako (and Sanae) at the Moriya shrine.
Koishi: Sister of Satori, and member of of the Palace of Earth Spirits.
Nue: More or less among the Buddhists, and friend of Mamizou.
Mamizou: Same as Nue.
Hecatia: master of Clownpiece and friend of Junko.

You look at that and you can see that the EX bosses have a strong relation with the other bosses of their respective games, and when you look at Raiko... well, she's more or less a byproduct of the miracle mallet, and right now I don't even remember if she had any direct interaction with Sukuna. She was in Impossible Spell Card, but it really doesn't feel like much. She can be connected to the Tsukumo sisters, but much like Raiko their presence isn't that strong... basically the tsukumogami trio feel like a closed circle that don't get to interact that much with others since they don't know anyone else compared to the other characters, if you look at it that way. Fanon-wise, sometimes they get paired around with the Prisimriver sisters, but not that much. Come to think of it, the Prismrivers are already a musically themed group, making Raiko and the Tsukumos feel even more redundant in some level. Kokoro could be made to interact with them, since she's a fellow tsukomogami - and there's at least one doujinshi where they do interact, but the connection still feels rather weak unless things pick up in canon.

Take Murasa for example. She doesn't get a lot of focus, but by virtue of being among Hijiri's crew she would at least get some extra attention - like a fan-work involving the Buddhists will have her around, and by extension her presence in the community goes up a little, giving her a chance for more attention in the future. Raiko has... well, at the moment, barely anyone so her presence is a lot less definite.

Well, just my random theory. I could very much be wrong, since I'm just basing this on fanworks with stories, and there could be a lot more Raiko-centric works than I thought and they're not just available online.

Anyway, more Raiko would be nice indeed. She needs an artist like a Mitsumoto or Pasteltel to flesh her out to up her presence in fanworks.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

aka Cthulhu wrote:Anyway, more Raiko would be nice indeed. She needs an artist like a Mitsumoto or Pasteltel to flesh her out to up her presence in fanworks.
So she's kinda like Rin huh? At least she appeared in a game :lol: If you know anything about Rin you'll know that shes the only official cut character from Touhou and a Kirin. She was supposed to be in the first Windows era game with Reimu and Marisa as a protagonist and the only remnants of her are her spell cards in the game files. In the fandom she's extremely close to Reimu and Marisa as a result although she's sometimes forgotten by them (Referencing the fact that shes cut) and she loves the erhu. :) We're in the same boat when it comes to the fandom acknowledging these characters :lol:
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Tobi555 wrote:
aka Cthulhu wrote:Anyway, more Raiko would be nice indeed. She needs an artist like a Mitsumoto or Pasteltel to flesh her out to up her presence in fanworks.
So she's kinda like Rin huh? At least she appeared in a game :lol: If you know anything about Rin you'll know that shes the only official cut character from Touhou and a Kirin. She was supposed to be in the first Windows era game with Reimu and Marisa as a protagonist and the only remnants of her are her spell cards in the game files. In the fandom she's extremely close to Reimu and Marisa as a result although she's sometimes forgotten by them (Referencing the fact that shes cut) and she loves the erhu. :) We're in the same boat when it comes to the fandom acknowledging these characters :lol:
Alls I know about Rin is that she was cut from EoSD, and I think the only fanwork I saw of her with dialogue was a series of pics by Mefomefo, who seems to have an idea to use her for a story.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

aka Cthulhu wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:
Alls I know about Rin is that she was cut from EoSD, and I think the only fanwork I saw of her with dialogue was a series of pics by Mefomefo, who seems to have an idea to use her for a story.
Oh I see very interesting might have to check that out :)
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Tobi555 wrote:Oh I see very interesting might have to check that out :)
Mefomefo's art is pretty nice. In particular, his Touhou Project-Mexico is an interesting series of pics. Also, he drew a pretty cool one of Reimu and Marisa fist-bumping.

So swag.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

aka Cthulhu wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:Oh I see very interesting might have to check that out :)
Mefomefo's art is pretty nice. In particular, his Touhou Project-Mexico is an interesting series of pics. Also, he drew a pretty cool one of Reimu and Marisa fist-bumping.

So swag.
Hahaha nice :lol: I love it thanks for letting me know about him :)