(shouting)

Plagiarism.

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Plagiarism.

Post by Truhan »

Post all known instances of plagiarism in this thread. I'll start.

Original:

Not-so-original:

And I guess I'll post the classic one we all know about too:

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Chrysanth
Oh, now I understand what this is supposed to be.
First name: Molly
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Plagiarism.

Post by Chrysanth »

An interesting idea for a thread topic, but I'll bite. I can think of two off the top of my head that I've heard people talk about. Both of them are literary cases of plagiarism, actually! The first of which was when Alex Haley's famous book, Roots: The Saga of an American Family, was accused of copying from Harold Courlander's The Africans - a claim that seemed like a weird one since this was supposedly a non-fiction story of sorts about Alex Haley's ancestors. An out-of-court settlement for $600,000+ was reached on it and supposedly Haley would go on to admit publicly that he copied aspects from The Africans. http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/03/books ... 32593.html

I've always heard famous accusations that Aldous Huxley ripped off George Orwell when he wrote Brave New World. And there will always be theories about whether Orson Welles straight up took credit for the script to Citizen Kane but those are sort of insubstantial the last time I checked and read up on it. Hopefully I didn't completely miss the point of this thread though, this is just what immediately came to mind when I thought of plagiarism though.
Oh gosh, it's been so long since I've signed up to be on a forum.
This is the part where I can write some witty banter or something?
Um ... okay ... I have a YouTube channel somewhere and I stay up at 2AM browsing Tumblr.
(P.S. I've also secretly wanted to join here for a while but always was shy about it but don't tell anyone I said that.)