(shouting)

Important astro-tuberological finding!

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
UnclePutte
Potatoes do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready
First name: Putte

Important astro-tuberological finding!

Post by UnclePutte »

Fries, countryfrymen, chipizens - I have an important announcement to make. As we all know, the current era of enlightenment and increasing understanding of the universe began once people of learning and conviction cast aside their fear of repression by forces of stagnation, and bravely spoke the truth of their findings - that the world upon which we live, is in fact not flat, but round.

Today, I bring you irrefutable proof of a new step forward in our understanding. The world we live upon is, indeed, not round.

It is, in fact, potato. Rejoice! \o/
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Re: Important astro-tuberological finding!

Post by freakin whatzit »

that's a really gross lookin potato. i wouldn't eat it if i were you.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
spittySynthyHands
A Projection of Memory onto Reality

Post by spittySynthyHands »

Gonna need a pretty big pot to cook it in, though.
For more información please reread this post.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

this legitimately scares me for some reason

E: Okay, according to this article the graphical depiction shown is actually a 700000% representation of what's really there

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/obs ... ed-planet/

that makes me feel much better
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Jayoshi wrote:this legitimately scares me for some reason

E: Okay, according to this article the graphical depiction shown is actually a 700000% representation of what's really there

if you look at the ceiling for 30 minutes straight without blinking, the word "gullible" will spell out due to your eyes being tired and seeing stars
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

Looks more like a mouldy orange to me.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Ivy wrote:if you look at the ceiling for 30 minutes straight without blinking, the word "gullible" will spell out due to your eyes being tired and seeing stars
:evil:
(Formerly Jayoshi)
UnclePutte
Potatoes do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready

Post by UnclePutte »

Jayoshi wrote:this legitimately scares me for some reason

N-nooo! Nonsense! It is merely the old, calcified scientific circles trying to repress the march of progress! Earth is a potato, I tell you! It's the round earth society's lies! :shock:
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

UnclePutte wrote:N-nooo! Nonsense! It is merely the old, calcified scientific circles trying to repress the march of progress! Earth is a potato, I tell you! It's the round earth society's lies! :shock:
Are you kidding me? The Earth is clearly not a pancake or dodgeball, but it isn't a potato either. It's a meatball in marinara sauce!
(Formerly Jayoshi)
UnclePutte

Post by UnclePutte »

Jayoshi wrote:
UnclePutte wrote:N-nooo! Nonsense! It is merely the old, calcified scientific circles trying to repress the march of progress! Earth is a potato, I tell you! It's the round earth society's lies! :shock:
Are you kidding me? The Earth is clearly not a pancake or dodgeball, but it isn't a potato either. It's a meatball in marinara sauce!
Oh, speaking of marinara, I saw one of these in the store the other day.

Maybe some kind of compromise can be made here. A potato and beef frikadell in marinara sauce?
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

UnclePutte wrote:Maybe some kind of compromise can be made here. A potato and beef frikadell in marinara sauce?
Ooooo, potato with beef is my favorite! that sounds like an excellent compromise :mrgreen:
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Anad
Pronouns: Any

Post by Anad »

UnclePutte wrote:As we all know, the current era of enlightenment and increasing understanding of the universe began once people of learning and conviction cast aside their fear of repression by forces of stagnation, and bravely spoke the truth of their findings - that the world upon which we live, is in fact not flat, but round.
To be fair, there have been people who understood that the Earth was round since long before the Enlightenment; the Greeks understood this, for instance, and even people in the supposed "dark ages" (historians generally consider that term a misnomer for the medieval ages) as depicted in this mural from the period:
Expanding on that, it is also worth noting that there's a distinction between sparse understanding amongst educated elites that the Earth was round, which as been such since the Greeks, and widespread commoner knowledge of basic astronomy, which didn't occur until sometime after the Enlightenment. All things considered, there are still people who reject the idea that the Earth is "round" but overall it was easy for people to accept; especially when compared to something controversial like the Earth NOT being the centre of the solar system.
UnclePutte wrote:Today, I bring you irrefutable proof of a new step forward in our understanding. The world we live upon is, indeed, not round.
t is, in fact, potato. Rejoice! \o/
Jayoshi wrote:E: Okay, according to this article the graphical depiction shown is actually a 700000% representation of what's really there
UnclePutte wrote:N-nooo! Nonsense! It is merely the old, calcified scientific circles trying to repress the march of progress! Earth is a potato, I tell you! It's the round earth society's lies!
Geoids aside, regarding the controversy surrounding its actual shape: I once got in a conversation with a physics teacher about properly defining the shape of the Earth: I shut down the conversation rather quickly by expressing my support for the adjective, "globular"; globular is a real (dictionary-defined) term which I think pretty much describes the Earth perfectly. :P