(shouting)

Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: Meta [Bug reports/Site updates]

Post by Willhart »

Can someone explain the missing spoilers, please? They make signatures quite different.

Edit: Nevermind. The answer was on the previous page.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ano0maly wrote:The ispoiler only works for text, doesn't it?

You are correct.

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Argumentable wrote:If you're wondering why all the spoiler codes do the blackout thing now it's cause the one you have to click it's cause it breaks the forums slightly. I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it but if there is I'll do that instead. In the meantime you just have this. Enjoy for now

If you know the other issue, I'm aware but I don't want to change that unless I have to
It's an issue on phpBB's end as far as I know so it's not something that can readily be fixed on this end. It's because phpBB doesn't do a proper job when looking for valid bbcode tags to parse. Instead of looking for valid bbcodes it just looks to make sure there's a closing bbcode tag. When you switch around the [/quote] and [/spoiler] tags it results in phpBB considering them to be valid tags but the tag isn't getting closed properly.
Jayoshi wrote:it might be possible to correct that glitch by adding a new BBCode for <quote>[TEXT1]<spoiler>[TEXT2]</quote>[TEXT3]</spoiler> that essentially utilizes the same code as <quote>[TEXT1]<spoiler>[TEXT2]</spoiler>[TEXT3]</quote>. I can't remember if it's possible to add multiple text zones, but it should be.
I don't think that would actually work. It was awhile back but I vaguely remember trying something along those lines on IsoNation myself and it wouldn't let me.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Don't worry, Alice is on the case and there's this now. I'm not sure if labeled spoilers can be implemented with it or not but we'll work out some of the bugs later if we can. By "we" I probably mean Alice (not that she has any obligation to, mind you)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Special thanks to Alice !!

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Thanks. The new spoilers seem to work fine.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The Community Contest 11 thread on the contest forum could be unstickied, as that contest ended a long time a go.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Polls subforum does not show on the Index page currently.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

GOOD
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So for some reason I can't see any videos for MAGLX2 on the site.

I've tried looking at both the beginning and end of that series and none of the videos are showing up at all when I go to their pages. Other series I've looked at worked fine, though.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

hmm, weird, same is happening to me, and if I go to the videos on my channel directly on youtube, they work fine.
Alright, odd.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The spoiler
spoiler

tags are not working for me in some posts. Like in Alice's signature of this one currently.
Alice

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote:The spoiler
spoiler

tags are not working for me in some posts. Like in Alice's signature of this one currently.
Yup, I already submitted a fix to Argumentable a little bit ago. I forgot to tell javascript that the title for titled spoilers should be considered a string so it's trying to load non-existent variables instead at the moment. Should be fixed when Argu's around.

Edit: Also to explain why posts like this one of mine aren't completely broken unlike the one you linked. That would be because there's normal spoilers on the page and the way the script works it doesn't actually differentiate between the two. It just looks for placeholders on the page so my signature here which would be otherwise broken is converted into a standard spoiler by the script.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

So did that titled spoiler fix just not work or never get applied or what? It's been nearly two months.

e: Like I don't wanna come across as impatient or rude or anything but to my knowledge absolutely nothing has even been said on the matter in the past month or so and it's like, what's going on? I am Out of the Loop and curious.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:So did that titled spoiler fix just not work or never get applied or what? It's been nearly two months.

e: Like I don't wanna come across as impatient or rude or anything but to my knowledge absolutely nothing has even been said on the matter in the past month or so and it's like, what's going on? I am Out of the Loop and curious.
I've mentioned in the twitter thread multiple times now that I submitted a patch for titled spoilers to Argumentable but he never got around to implementing it.
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Yeah, the broken spoilers is why I removed the spoiler from my signature. I'd put it back if they were fixed.

Also, I'm curious: does it have to be Argumentable who implements the fix, or can any of the coppers do it? If only Argu can do it, why? What's stopping the others, or even the administrators, from implementing it?
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
Alice

Post by Alice »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Yeah, the broken spoilers is why I removed the spoiler from my signature. I'd put it back if they were fixed.

Also, I'm curious: does it have to be Argumentable who implements the fix, or can any of the coppers do it? If only Argu can do it, why? What's stopping the others, or even the administrators, from implementing it?
You can use untitled spoilers just fine. It's only the titled ones that are broken. And apparently only Argumentable and Jesuiscontent have access to the bbcode portion of the admin control panel. Though Jesu hasn't messed with it before or something like that, I forget what. But there was a reason Argumentable was the only one that I could really go to about it.
Imaynotbehere4long

Alice wrote:You can use untitled spoilers just fine. It's only the titled ones that are broken.
I distinctly remember using an untitled spoiler, and it broke.

I will say one thing: I tried to look for some examples, but it seems like it takes spoilers longer to load than the rest of the page, so they won't work at first even though the rest of the page has loaded. Example:
[attachment=0]spoilers.png[/attachment]
Attachments
spoilers.png
spoilers.png (124.83 KiB) Viewed 6140 times
My SMBX portfolio:

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
Alice

Post by Alice »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:I distinctly remember using an untitled spoiler, and it broke.
This happened when the first spoiler on a page was a titled one before the last patch that was rolled out to them. That shouldn't happen anymore.
I will say one thing: I tried to look for some examples, but it seems like it takes spoilers longer to load than the rest of the page, so they won't work at first even though the rest of the page has loaded. Example:
[attachment=0]spoilers.png[/attachment]
I've explained this one quite a few times. The only issue with them (which I'm really not sure the reason for since IsoNation's spoilers use literally the exact same code and don't have the issue) is that the text within them isn't supposed to be visible like that. The only way to get the spoilers to work was to make it so before the page finishes loading there's just a placeholder item that gets replaced with the actual spoilers themselves only after the page fully loads. Otherwise it has a conflict with one of phpBB's scripts that randomly inserts a bunch of linebreaks into the spoiler making them really huge.
Imaynotbehere4long

I have a strange issue:

In my notification settings, I have it set so that I'll receive an email when I get a PM, and I have my email typed correctly in my profile settings. However, whenever I get a PM on this forum, I don't get an email; it isn't even in my spam folder. This is really weird since the SMBX forums sends me emails just fine when I get a PM over there. Any idea what's causing it?
My SMBX portfolio:

Alice

Post by Alice »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:I have a strange issue:

In my notification settings, I have it set so that I'll receive an email when I get a PM, and I have my email typed correctly in my profile settings. However, whenever I get a PM on this forum, I don't get an email; it isn't even in my spam folder. This is really weird since the SMBX forums sends me emails just fine when I get a PM over there. Any idea what's causing it?
It's probably an issue with your email's antispam service. IsoNation had this issue awhile back too and I had to go through some long and annoying as hell process to get the site's email verified so email providers would stop filtering them. For some reason these antispam services will entirely prevent you from receiving the email. As in it won't even end up in your spam folder.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Rotating avatars seem to have stopped working on android.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

Willhart wrote:Rotating avatars seem to have stopped working on android.
Might not be an android thing, as I'm seeing the same thing on PC.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Willhart wrote:Image
Rotating avatars seem to have stopped working on android.
Signavatar has been down for at least a couple days now.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Willhart wrote:Rotating avatars seem to have stopped working on android.
Signavatar is down currently.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P