(shouting)

Talkhaus IRC Call of Cthulhu RPG recruitment thread! \o/

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
UnclePutte
Potatoes do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready
First name: Putte

Re: Talkhaus IRC Call of Cthulhu RPG recruitment thread! \o/

Post by UnclePutte »

Alright, this past Sunday I had something of an epiphany - it's somewhat draining to run games that do not have momentum. In the last few months, our merry party has fluctuated, initially gaining members yet then becoming more and more stagnant in participation and progress. The attempt to gain momentum by hosting another "sideshow" worked initially, but is suffering from attendance problems, and more than that, my own poor track record with managing to keep appointments. I should be more focused, more present, more motivated. And therein, we arrive at the root of the problem.

I've been losing steam with the game, and I'm afraid I might be gassing. I have to apologize to you all, whom have soldiered through the story so long and so loyally. I owe you the debt of seeing your story to an end, but at the same time, the current situation has left me in a rut. As such, with the likely case that it will be forgotten unfinished, I would ask you three, Mikko, Handsy and Sorel, whether you would mind if we set the game aside for now? Shelve it, so that we may all regain our footing and perhaps enjoy other Sunday sports than cultist dodging for a while? Whether we will ever finish the story, will be in dire question of course, if we do this.

Let me know what you think, fellas.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

I thought the sideshow adventure was going well, last session excepted. But if you feel like your tank is empty maybe we can have a refueling break?
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I wouldn't mind a break.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
UnclePutte
Potatoes do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready
First name: Putte

Post by UnclePutte »

Alright. We'll be on a break from now on. I'd also like to hear handsy's opinion of the future of the game too~