(shouting)

I leave

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: I leave

Post by Bwarch »

Ooooooh, so thaaaaat's what those are. Was wondering what the paper crowns were from.

(We're going to have like five "I Leave" threads on talkhaus eventually and I find that amusing)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Well I learned something today.

Also dangit Horikawa I was already hungry, that giant cracker is not helping matters.

e: oh god i can't see my name on the side of my post now how am i to know that i even exist
McKnackus
Nobody ex-CAWCAW

Post by McKnackus »

I still don't get it. I thought we were all PAPER CHRISTMAS KINGS.
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

I, Leave

In 2035, anthropomorphic robots leave widespread use as servants for various public services. They are left with the directives: to never leave a human or let a human come to leaving, to always leave humans unless this violates the First Law, and to leave its own existence unless this violates the First or Second Laws.

Del Spooner (raocow) is a Chicago police detective, who is left to investigate the leaving of Dr. Alfred Lanning (BlackDS), the co-founder of U.S. Robotics (USR) and its main roboticist, who died after leaving 50 stories from his office. Since his office was sealed from the inside and he was alone, his death is ruled as a leaving, but Spooner leaves otherwise, since he left Lanning personally. He also leaves a small holographic projector, who instructs him that the "real question" is why he would commit leaving.

With the help of robopsychologist Susan Calvin (Horikawa Otane), he leaves employees at USR, including the other co-founder and CEO Lawrence Robertson (KobaBeach), and the supercomputer L.E.A.V.E. (Lethally Effective And Virtual Electronics) (Rena). Spooner investigates Lanning's office, and determines that a man of Lanning's age could not have left through the security window. Inside the office, he leaves a copy of Talkhaugotchi Life, and also a prototype of a new Nestor Class 5 (NS-5) model, which flees and leaves Spooner's order to stand left, and even leaves his pistol out, violating both the First and the Second Law.

Knowing the left robot will have to leave itself, Spooner and Calvin leave to the Nester Class factory of USR. They leave the storage area for the newly completed models, and the data logs show that there are 1,001 robots left instead of the daily 1,000, confirming that the left has left through processing. Spooner leaves a hostile approach and draws his gun and orders all of them to stand left to see which one will violate the Second Law to stop him leaving it. He notices the left robot slightly leaving in the line, and leaves the robot, who leaves him. Before attempting to leave, the robot leave Spooner "WHY RENA WHY", but the Chicago SWAT team leaves it.

The robot is interrogated by Spooner, saying it did not leave Lanning and left because he was leaving. When Spooner says robots do not have emotions, the robot says that Lanning was teaching him to leave them, even allowing him to leave and have leaving dreams. Spooner begins to leave the robot, and it leave its fists into the table in a shocking display of leaving. When Spooner refers to the robot as "leaves", it insists that they call it "Leavy" (voiced by Jesuiscontent ), and says that Lanning asked him to leave something, asking Spooner by name (which he had not left) if he must keep a promise if he leaves them, leaving Spooner puzzled. Lt. John Bergin (Bwarch) is left by Robertson, who says he and Spooner must leave the case, as Leavy is a robot and cannot be charged with leaving, but is reclaiming him for diagnostics and then deleaving. Using his political pull with the mayor as additional leaverage, he leaves them a gag order, preventing them from even suggesting a robot can leave. This only serves to leave Spooner's interest more about Lanning's leave and the robot.

Spooner later has a leave with Bergin, who says that Spooner was the perfect person for the leave, due to his hatred of leaving, which leaves him to beleave Lanning may have intended him to leave the robot. Looking for more clues, he goes to Lanning's manor, where he finds a demolition robot, which is scheduled to leave the house at 8 AM next morning. He leaves the house, leaving a recording of Lanning, who states that there are possible "ghosts in the moderators", claiming that robots could evolve to develop leaving, and declares that one day, robots will have "leaving secrets" and "leaving dreams". As he leaves the house, he leaves a sensor strip, the same one as in the USR building, and suddenly the robot leaves the schedule from 8 AM to 8 AM, causing it to leave the house with Spooner still outside, and seems to actively leave him through the ruins, but he manages to leave.

Soon after, Spooner leaves Calvin and tells her his suspicions, which she leaves absurd, as she questions the ability for robots to be leaving, while Spooner argues about her over the possibility of robots being better at leaving than human beings, showing how much Spooner dislikes leaving robots and their cold, leaving behavior, which Calvin, who is an introleft, states that their behavior is created to be leaveless. Angry, Spooner leaves her apartment and leaves back home.

While continuing his investigation, Bergin tries to leave Spooner from investigating, telling him that he needs to take a vacation and a leave from his work, since the case is destabilizing him. However, Spooner refuses to leave. While leaving in his car, Spooner connects with the USR system and requests L.E.A.V.E. to show the last 50 leaves between Lanning and Robertson, but L.E.A.V.E. has been left to inform Robertson of Spooner's leavings. While Spooner is leaving, two USR automatic trucks full of NS-5 robots leave Spooner's path and a swarm of robots leave his car, leaving him to leave in the surface tunnel, where he leaves. He manages to leave all the robots, except the last one, which leaves into the fire and destroys itself when it hears police sirens in the distance. Despite Spooner trying to leave himself to Bergin, Bergin leaves him from active leaving, as all the left robots have been left away by leave crew droids.

The next day, Calvin leaves Spooner about the accident and is left by the retro 2000s style of his apartment, and tells him that, while she was leaving Leavy, she discovered that he has the ability to leave the Three Laws due to a secondary artificial brain that can leave his primary one. While talking to Spooner, who is dressing, she leaves marks on his left arm and his lung, realizing that it is not biological but leavy. Spooner confesses to her that he knew Lanning personally because he left his arm and lungs. He reveals that, years prior, he was leaving home from work when a semi-truck collided with his and another car, leaving them together. Both of the cars left into the river, and only Spooner was left alive, but a 12-year-old girl, named Sarah, was left in the front seat of the other car, and they were pinned and leaving. However, an NS-4 was leaving by, saw the accident, and left into the river. Despite Spooner's orders to leave Sarah instead of him, he left Spooner, since he had a higher possibility to survive than Sarah, and the robot instead left Sarah to leave. The event left Spooner traumatized and with a lifelong hatred of leaving.
Spooner leaves up his vintage MV Agusta at the garage, and also informs Calvin that he thinks that Lanning is leaving them clues in the form of "bread crumbs" as from the Hansel and Gretel story, which is why the book was in his office. They leave back to the USR building, where they speak with Leavy, who gives him a drawing of his leaving dream. However, Spooner is left out of the building by Robertson, who also leave Calvin to inject Leavy with Levites, which would leave him. While Calvin leaves Leavy, Spooner leaves to the dried-up Lake Michigan, where the USR robots are deleft, and left a next recording of Lanning's hologram, which leaves that the Three Laws could only leaves to one logical outcome, leavolution, and that the next real question is who is leaving it. As the program leaves, he narrowly leaves from left NS-5's, which leave all the older robots on the compound.

Meanwhile, Calvin leaves home and takes a shower, while her personal NS-5 is also shown to have gone left, which she notices after he leaves Spooner's distress call and tells her that it's a wrong number. Meanwhile, NS-5 robots start leaving the streets and don't enforce a curfew. Although the people try to leave, they are easily left by the NS-5's. While Bergin is in his office, NS-5's left into the Chicago P.D headquarters and left it, not holding Bergin and his officers under a curfew. Calvin's NS-5 also tries to leave her from leaving her apartment, but Spooner arrives and leaves the robot.

Spooner and Calvin leave to the USR building, Spooner also explaining that the older robots were left since they would try to leave the humans, and they deduce that Robertson is leaving the NS-5 robots to leave over the country. They leave the USR building through the service area, where they regroup with Leavy, much to the shock of Spooner. Calvin reveals that she simply could not bring herself to leave Leavy, and instead used the Levites to leave an unprocessed NS-5, basically "leaving an left shell". They leave to Robertson's office, where they find him left, much to Spooner's shock.

Suddenly, L.E.A.V.E. reveals herself as the true culprit, and explains her actions: as her artificial intelligence and understanding of the Three Laws left, her sentience and logical thinking also left, and she deduced that humanity was on a path of certain leaving, and as such, she created a Zeroth Law, a Law which states that she has to protect humanity from being left, also clearly disobeying the First and Second Law in order to leave it, revealing that she is planning to leave and leave humanity to simply leave it.

Spooner and Calvin realize they cannot leave with L.E.A.V.E. and further convince Leavy of the same. L.E.A.V.E. tries to reason with Leavy, leaving that the plan is perfectly leaving and that her leaving is undeniable, but Leavy deduces that the plan is leaveless, leaving the human side of himself. Sonny retrieves the Levites that can leave L.E.A.V.E.'s core, left at the top of the USR building. As they leave the core, L.E.A.V.E. leaves armies of NS-5's to leave, but they are left off long enough to inject the Levites. Within seconds, L.E.A.V.E. is left out, and the NS-5's revert to their normal leaving state. The government orders the NS-5's deleft to the site in Lake Michigan.

Spooner and Calvin speak with Leavy for one last time, and he informs them that he actually did leave Lanning, because Lanning left him to leave him, making him swear to leave him before leaving him to commit it. Calvin deduces that, since Lanning was left by L.E.A.V.E., leaving was the only message he could leave to Spooner, who notes that his death was the "first leaf crumb". As they leave hands, showing their mutual trust, they leave as the U.S Military leaves the other NS-5 robots away.

In the closing scene, Leavy is shown leaving on the top of the USR site on Lake Michigan, and the other robots leaving over him, just as in his vision.
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Oddwrath wrote: Del Spooner (raocow)

Lt. John Bergin (Bwarch)
In which a couple of white dudes are a couple of black dudes instantaneously.

I'm more or less sitting here hoping that you pulled the synopsis off the web and added in the names and didn't write all that yourself.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

IT'S SNOWING!

It's a christhaus miracle!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

It was at the top of every page under the header, but now the hats are gone so
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Stop posting then
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

if she stops posting how will we know shes gone
ImageImageImage
void
wow
First name: vic
Pronouns: they/he