(shouting)

Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
TiKi

Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Post by TiKi »

^

I don't get why, I just know it did.

Also: was Distorted Travesty's raocow thread lost in it?
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Post by Unaniem »

Zanyhost (previous server host of talkhaus) messed up their servers in October '13 and talkhaus was forced to use a backup (which was about 5 months old) of what was saved in data when the site came back up again under new management coming from Rena, rolling the forum back to July '13 and losing all posts made after that date.

The Distorted Travesty thread is here
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

It's more like to June 2nd or 3rd.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It was definitely June since any post for MM&B for me after when I took my break was gone. That break was from mid-May to mid-June. Luckily, Rena had a backup from around May 31st to June 2nd or so to make sure everything wasn't lost.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

It was Thissa who made a backup in June after TLs4 gave him site access.

Gosh get it right

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

It didn't just take out the Talkhaus, either. It killed everything.raocow.com, as well, which also had to be rolled back, and has yet to be fixed, so the last RPs archived there are incomplete playlists of Takkoman and MAGL2. Kind of a shame; I liked that archive, especially since raocow doesn't do playlists of his LPs, and it can be somewhat annoying to dig through the LP forum for old threads containing the links.

(Edit: Oh hey, post #888. Yay?)
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Post by O'Largill »

tls4 put his did in the talkhaus server box and couldnt take it out until rena helped him

i really hope that didnt come off as too mean, goodness

i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

i got bored
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

YelseyKing wrote:It didn't just take out the Talkhaus, either. It killed everything.raocow.com, as well, which also had to be rolled back, and has yet to be fixed, so the last RPs archived there are incomplete playlists of Takkoman and MAGL2. Kind of a shame; I liked that archive, especially since raocow doesn't do playlists of his LPs, and it can be somewhat annoying to dig through the LP forum for old threads containing the links.

there's actually a new 1 that's community editable but ppl just said they used raolists

if ppl want to curate it I'll resurrect it
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Who is raolists I wonder
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

RenaBeach wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:It didn't just take out the Talkhaus, either. It killed everything.raocow.com, as well, which also had to be rolled back, and has yet to be fixed, so the last RPs archived there are incomplete playlists of Takkoman and MAGL2. Kind of a shame; I liked that archive, especially since raocow doesn't do playlists of his LPs, and it can be somewhat annoying to dig through the LP forum for old threads containing the links.

there's actually a new 1 that's community editable but ppl just said they used raolists

I used it for watching rao's older videos. You should resurrect it, I'm sure others do as well.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

GlitchedGhost wrote:
RenaBeach wrote:

I used it for watching rao's older videos. You should resurrect it, I'm sure others do as well.
it's still up here if you want to help categorise the videos -> http://everything.raocow.com:3000/ (although i could probably scrape raolist's playlists so don't spend too much time doing it)

the original is still here too for older videos -> http://everything.raocow.com/
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Man, if that one back-up hadn't been made...
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
FancyFancy

Post by FancyFancy »

Raolists is a godsend. Its gone dormant after episode 19 of a2xt tho'. :?:
FILMED IN
ImageImage
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

FancyFancy wrote:Raolists is a godsend. Its gone dormant after episode 19 of a2xt tho'. :?:
dunno but -> http://everything.raocow.com/series
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Just out of curiosity, did a lot of oldbies leave because of the Talkhaustrophe, or did they leave beforehand for other reasons? I've noticed a *lot* of older posts by people with 2000-5000 posts who I've... never seen post before. Kinda makes me sad that I missed so much of this place's history.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

YelseyKing wrote:Just out of curiosity, did a lot of oldbies leave because of the Talkhaustrophe, or did they leave beforehand for other reasons? I've noticed a *lot* of older posts by people with 2000-5000 posts who I've... never seen post before. Kinda makes me sad that I missed so much of this place's history.
They probably left because of other reasons.

Rao was more or less shouting from the highest mountains in his videos keeping people updated, especially when talkhaus came back, so most everybody would have known. Peeps just lose interest mang, it happens.
kilon

Post by kilon »

YelseyKing wrote:Just out of curiosity, did a lot of oldbies leave because of the Talkhaustrophe, or did they leave beforehand for other reasons? I've noticed a *lot* of older posts by people with 2000-5000 posts who I've... never seen post before. Kinda makes me sad that I missed so much of this place's history.
Personally for me it's a combination of:
-No interest in raocow
-No interest in what happens on the forum (the oldies are all cool though. And 2009-2011 this forum was the best)
-Personal stuff
-Life

And that goes for most users that stopped posting.
I still check the forum though, and every now and then see what is happening.