(shouting)

Fucking emotions out of nowhere what the shit???

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Fucking emotions out of nowhere what the shit???

Post by O'Largill »

okay so this is less of a shitpost and more of something im genuinely curious about (actually no wait its still a shitpost mods should give me a stern finger waggling pls)

is there anything you can think of that really, really makes you upset, or emotional, or teary, just by thinking about it? for me whenever i think of the ghibli movie spirited away i just start fucking bawling. ESPECIALLY if i imagine the fucking opening theme it fuckin wrecks me lemme tell ya. i loved that movie since i was like two but in the past couple of years, just thinking about makes me wanna cry - not in a bad way, really, but more in the way youd tear up if you saw a really impossibly beautiful painting if that makes any sense.

but yeah talkhaus is there anything that has the power to turn you too into a tiny sobbing baby or am i just emotionally made of sugar glass
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
metasomnia?
butts

Re: Fucking emotions out of nowhere what the shit???

Post by metasomnia? »

The entire game of Mother 3 does that to me, no joke.

It's the only time I've genuinely cried from a game.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Unfortunately not.

I really wish I was more emotionally impacted by fiction especially, because I'm really not. And yet, fiction is one of my favorite things. Viewing, creating, and analyzing it are so important to me. And... it just doesn't affect me a lot.

That may be my reasoning for going for especially strange or twist-heavy stories more often than not, to find things that will affect me.

sghghhh
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

This music track

yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Well there's some mangas or internet stories that really moved me emotionnaly when I read them and finished them, but I don't get emotionnal just by thinking about them. Or maybe just a little bit.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I was really scared of the spirited away trailer, when I saw it for the first time.

There are some stories that have made me feel uncomfortable and emotional. It's probably from the strong immersion and nostalgia. I'm trying to remember any that still do that for me.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

The ending to the second Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game (Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky) has always made me collapse into tears, without fail. Not the true ending or anything, but the main ending, the one that leads into the postgame.

I guess it doesn't say too much coming from me since I'm apparently super-emotional when it comes to stories (I remember one time back in 4th grade I was inconsolable because a dog died in the book we had to read) but that moment is not only one of precious few moments where a video game has made me emotional, but also the only one that continues to make me weep uncontrollably no matter how many times I experience it.

...In fact, just from remembering it for too long, I couldn't even finish this post without breaking down and sobbing first. I mean, I insist that it's excellent and would probably make anybody sad, but it probably shouldn't affect me THAT much.
I don't really get it but okay
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

cheez8 wrote:The ending to the second Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game (Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky) has always made me collapse into tears, without fail. Not the true ending or anything, but the main ending, the one that leads into the postgame.
That scene wrecks me everytime.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I think there's been like 2 times in my life I've been "emotionally impacted" by a movie/song or something but it's usually cause I'm overtired and very rarely cry.
I honestly can't remember the last time I cried. I feel weird doing it just for the sake of doing it, but it's kind of a good stress reliever. It's just it can feel awkward and I don't really know of anything that can trigger me to cry.

Typically when ridiculously sad things happen in movies I get more angry than sad. Like, I watched Grave of the Fireflies which is typically known to be a movie that breaks people if I understand correctly, and it didn't really do anything for me.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

The ending of Eternal Sonata made me cry. And reading the plot of the Matrix sequels made me cry a lot when I was younger and does a bit now. I guess Plato's Cave makes me cry. xD

I've cried to a fair amount of other fiction too though it's never the case that I'm actually fully crying. I pretty much get really teary eyed. Man though - Eternal Sonata is one beautiful game.

I'm sure the Rayman 1 Band Land music has made me emotional at some point too.

Here, have some spirited away music:

The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

Some of you may be too young for it, but The Neverending Story gets me all choked up and sentimental. Not just certain scenes - the entire film. The soundtrack really does it. I highly recommend checking it out if you've never heard of it.

AND THEN HE ACTUALLY DIED

metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Isrieri wrote: The Neverending Story
Heh, I remember that movie, it was my absolute favorite for like five years when I was a kid.
docopoper wrote: Here, have some spirited away music:

Bastard, you did that on purpose!
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

metasomnia wrote:Bastard, you did that on purpose!
Now if you haven't already and want to be really emotional; go watch Howl's Moving Castle. I only saw it about half a year ago and maaan was it worth it. It's the most heartwarming movie I've ever seen and brought me right back to watching Spirited Away.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Everytime when I hear One More Time by Daft Punk, I get very sad because it reminds me of my old neighbourhood.

But... I think the last time I cried was a long time ago. I'm not quite the emotional type.

Although I admit the ending of PMD2 was quite emotional, and, so far, Mother 3 in general. Can't say much because I'm only at chapter 2.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I have never told anyone this and it might not be true, but I begin crying during the opening credits of The English Patient and don't stop till the end. This has happened three and one half times.
dont wanna jihad no more
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The lord of the rings audio book played the main theme of the movie at the end. It kinda build up that feeling, one gets after reading a good book and multiplied it. It was very overwhelming.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

honestly

this song by the yogscast gives me shivers all up and down my body and makes me feel like i'm going to crumple to the ground every time i hear it

it's just so inspirational to me
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Everything Mother 3. One of the more notable but not totally obvious moments being this (spoiler-free, just a song):

and the original song that this is based on.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (for me) Red Resque team, that ending.

All of Ramshackle Glory's music, more than anything this album:

Lyrics are here, not the story parts unfortunately. Wish they had a better financial situation when they recorded this. And on the other hand the quality adds to the feel.

Crying is good. I'm not able to do it as much as I need to, so it comes out in explosions once in a while.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

So I watched Guardians of the Galaxy today together with some of my internet buddies (yeah we met for real) and I'm pretty much known for not being that emotional, but at the Scene where Groot sacrifced himself and said "We are Groot" I was very touched and cried a little.

My friend who sat right next to me was pretty surprised. Can't blame him though, nobody really saw me crying in my life so far.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Fluffi-dono wrote:
So I watched Guardians of the Galaxy today together with some of my internet buddies (yeah we met for real) and I'm pretty much known for not being that emotional, but at the Scene where Groot sacrifced himself and said "We are Groot" I was very touched and cried a little.

My friend who sat right next to me was pretty surprised. Can't blame him though, nobody really saw me crying in my life so far.
The bit of GotG that got me was right at the end, when

Peter put in the second tape and it started playing "Ain't No Mountain" and everything just kind of went quiet except for that song

and crap i'm tearing up a little now

other memories associated with that song certainly add to the effect.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:
Fluffi-dono wrote:

The bit of GotG that got me was right at the end, when

Peter put in the second tape and it started playing "Ain't No Mountain" and everything just kind of went quiet except for that song

and crap i'm tearing up a little now

other memories associated with that song certainly add to the effect.
I remember I told the friend sitting next to me: "You will pay the dinner if the present contains

Awesome Mix Vol. 2

"

and uh you know how it ended.
ScribePennington
Heck
First name: Munch
Pronouns: They/them

Post by ScribePennington »

cheez8 wrote:The ending to the second Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game (Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky) has always made me collapse into tears, without fail. Not the true ending or anything, but the main ending, the one that leads into the postgame.
I died a little inside
Woof
Money

Post by Money »

Man, this is gonna make me sound like pleb-lord supreme, but Madoka Magica always gets me going every time I watch it. I can hold it in, up until the final episode, where I just lose it. Like, everything comes together so perfectly I just start crying, and typically do so almost the entire duration of the episode.

Also, the aforementioned Mother 3. Fucking beautiful game.
Boar

Post by Boar »

I watched a yume nikki playthrough when I was 12
I slept in my parents bed for the next year
there we go
Eila

Post by Eila »

I cry at like everything. I am extremely easy to impact.

Yesterday I finished a book. I won't go into details but I read quite fast and probably read a page every minute on my iPod.

The ending of this ebook I was recommended was so soul-crushing it took me about 20 minutes to read 2 pages because emotions.