(shouting)

Your username's story?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Your username's story?

Post by Sorel »

Everyone of us has a username, and every username has its own story...

My first username I ever used was khfluff, a combination of the first letters of my favourite franchise (Kingdom Hearts) and the name of my plush sheep which is called Fluffi (I had to cut the i because [put a reason in here])
Then I changed it over the years, from iFluffi to FluffiMasta. And then, I got interested in japanese culture a bit... And you know, dono means something like master... So I thought "Do this incredibly bad pun"... and yeah.

Now it's your turn to tell us your story.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Re: Your username's story?

Post by RedMageSusie »

My name is Mike and I cosplay as a red mage.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

IceFairyMike
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

^ I wish.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

My surname is Falcon.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Falky wrote:My surname is Falcon.
Why didn't you become a captain ;_;
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Aposke wrote:
Falky wrote:My surname is Falcon.
Why didn't you become a captain ;_;
Nobody can be as badass as Captain Falcon! Not even in your dreams!
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

The first username I ever used was Eagleeye969, on Runescape (It got permabanned this year because I asked why it was muted)
After making this username, I decided I wanted a cooler username Keeping the 969, where the 96 was my birthday and the extra 9 made a palindromic number, which is cool, I decided that Snakebite would be pretty cool as well. The fact that my friend had (and still has) pet snakes, and my enjoyment of metal gear solid may have also been factors.

The username stuck, and wherever I could use the palindrome version, I did
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

There's this arcade game by SEGA called Fantasy Zone

I like it a lot

The third stage boss is called Kobabeach

Yeah

Boss names:
Stage 1 (the stump thing) - Stumperon
Stage 2 (the round guy) - Boranda
Stage 3 (the coin ship) - Kobabeach
Stage 4 (the claw dude) - Crabunga
Stage 5 (the snowmen) - Poppozu
Stage 6 (the eye) - Winkron
Stage 7 (the face) - IDA II (IDA is that Space Harrier boss with the stone faces)
Stage 8 (giant Opa-Opa) - O-Papa

Stage 4 Master System & MSX ver. (the fish) - Ultra Super Big Maxim Great Strong Tot
Stage 6 Master System & MSX ver. (the turtle) - dz Deno Roma
Last edited by KobaBeach 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I looked like Mr. Bean in middle school, and that's how I found out about him. I don't look much like him anymore, but the nickname stuck. I like it.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

My first username was my first two initials with numbers following it because I'm original.

'Sturg' or 'sturgyman' or whatever sort of come from family events. Long story short, my papa heard my uncle say 'sturgy' it in his sleep, it became an inside joke for a lot of us, my uncle had gotten deathly ill (still sort of is), and I thought I should use it for him because I thought he was a swell guy.

It was originally sturgyman but I got it changed to just sturg because I thought the 'yman' was silly. Now that I think about it I should had just changed it to 'Sturgy' instead.

I also go by the username 'bOOPITY bOP' on some places because I thought it was hilarious.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Cubewano

Post by Cubewano »

Once when I was bored, I went on Wikipedia and clicked "Random Article" a few times, as I still sometimes do. But this time, I landed on the page for Classical Kuiper belt objects, which apparently are also known as "cubewanos". The word Cubewano amused me, so I took it as my name.

For the longest time, however - at least 7 years prior - I used the name Quacko4 for my first ever online account on nick.com when I was 12, and I used that for everything. There's probably still accounts gathering dust with that name somewhere, I don't know.
http://buymybook@frauds.wav.avi.biz.co.uk
3DS friendcode: 2079-8183-3599

NOT a part of the Illuminati
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Needed a name for Maplestory.
I like playing as archers and there is an archer class.

Bow. Archer.
Bwarch.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Mine is somewhat long and complicated. One day in high school, I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep due to having to stay up to finish a project, and I have trouble speaking clearly when I'm tired, so I said something (I don't remember what), and my friend interpreted it as "my name is Hamster Q", so that cought on as my nickname for a while. Then when I was trying to think up a username for a site, I wanted something with "Luna" in it because of a thing I'm working on, and I liked the random Q at the end of Hamster Q, so I came up with "Lunatic Q" which I used for a while. Later, I decided to expand upon the Q, and I thought "Quark" sounded cool and sciency so I went with it.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Artifact from a Neopets chatgroup. It's sort of become my go-to alias.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Metasomnia is both a reference to a time when I indulged in excessive oversleeping and the fact that I frequently daydream.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

My older sister had a wow account many many years ago, and through their random name generator and a slight tweak, my username was made.

This was many many years ago, like 10+ years or so.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

"Yelsey" is a town that appears, usually in a prominent way, in many of my various game-related projects, and which originated as a town I built with Legos as a kid. When I first got online in 1997, via AOL, I wanted a username that was unique to me, and Yelsey immediately came to mind. I was going to go by "YelseyKnight", but that didn't fit the ten-letter limit at the time, so I went with "King" instead. Interestingly, I/my character was never actually the *king* of Yelsey in either the original Lego setup nor any projects I've ever done (well, except one, but that came much later).

These days, I mostly go by "YK", both to avoid the whole "what does your username mean?" questions, and to stop people from calling me "Yelsey" (that's always kind of been a minor annoyance of mine; I prefer people to call me YK), but since that's, well, really short, it's usually either invalid (since many forums restrict usernames to a certain minimum length) or already taken. "YelseyKing", meanwhile, never is, so that one's always a safe bet.

I'm kind of a rarity in that I've been around the internet for as long as I have, yet I've never once changed my username in that entire time. It's always amusing to run into someone I knew elsewhere on the net in years past because of that.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

I am a very unproductive comic maker, I once attempted to do a 100+ comic, which had the name Sonic Spins Out Time, which sounds really dumb, and because I am a LOOK AT ME kind of person, I named myself sonicspins, which then got shortened to sonicspin for some reason, it stuck
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Everyone! This way!
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

I like cats, so I wanted a username relating to them. I thought something like "the cat" would sound silly though, so I decided to translate it. For whatever reason, I ended up translating "the cat" into both Spanish and German, so I ended up with "el gato die katze" (so literally "the cat the cat"). If I wanted/needed something shorter, I used either "el gato" or "die katze". (I knew next to nothing about German at that time, so I didn't realize "die katze" was feminine. Ah, gendered nouns, how I hate you.) One day a few years ago, I went to make a country on Nationstates. For my country's name, "el gato die katze" seemed long and unwieldy, and "el gato" and "die katze" didn't sound very country-ish. So, I took the first two letters of each word in "el gato die katze" and stuck them together, and came up with "Elgadika". I liked it and adopted it for everything else. And this story seems to have been longer than I intended.
Davybot

Post by Davybot »

my original username on the internet was davybones. It was a combo of my actual name with dry bones from mario. I got tried of using after all these years so I wanted to change it. A friend of mine suggested davybot because of my love of robots and it just kinda stuck with me.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I used to use HaydenMegaman as usernames on websites because my name is Hayden and I like Megaman and that was my username on this website called "The Ninja RPG" back in 2006 or so, and one day I wanted a fresh start so I made a new account and basically just typed in "Ashanmaril". It doesn't mean anything, but I started using that instead of HaydenMegaman from there on for some reason. But yeah. I've gotten sick of the name since then cause I hate saying it so I had it shortened to Ashan here and try to use Ashan instead of Ashanmaril whenever I can. On things like Twitter I use my real name now (@HaydenLueck) so yeah. There's my story.
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Post by Window Squeegee »

The first letter of my name is W and I just used the first thing that came to my head.
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

Roy is the name of an original character I came up with some time ago, and he tends to be rather incensed.
Pyon!