(shouting)

Friendship is Magic General - Spoilers Weekly

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Friendship is Magic General - Spoilers Weekly

Post by Bwarch »

Heya heya. SO, didn't think there was too much of a reason to make this thread since I only knew of myself and a couple other fans that talked about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but every so often I've been having conversations in the Twitter thread about FiM SO I figured why not, I'll see how much of a want there is for this thread.

This thread is all about everything MLP: FiM related. The cartoon, the comics, the songs, even the general brony community. Everything is fair game, I just hope and would ask that we try and avoid having any drama ourselves!

As well, I offer anybody who's curious about anything to drop a question in here. I can answer just about every question somebody can think of to do with most anything FiM related, be it the cartoon, the fanon names (Derpy Hooves, Doctor Whooves, etc), the people working on this franchise, and whatever else.

I am only just barely getting into the comics so my knowledge there is not the best. And I can of course answer any questions about brony drama because heaven knows I know all about that.

Here, have the recently released japanese dub of "Smile, Smile, Smile"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZS36w_fxdg
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 12 times in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: The Official FiM + FiM Ask Thread

Post by Leet »

i like the implication in the recent episode that there are really dangerous eldritch things lurking on the edge of equestria
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

inb4 "I'd like a glass of water, please"
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

That song and episode was pretty great, I was decently surprised that Discord's VA could actually sing. Didn't think just from his voice he'd have a good singing voice, but he managed it. Obviously not the BEST song ever, but with what they had it was pretty good.

For those not in the know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsle9CeEQA

I've been decently surprised by season 4's quality in general after the near trainwreck of season 3. Season 4 I've only not enjoyed like one or two episodes, the rest have been pretty great.

I am however really scared that we are getting some more "magical mcguffins that save the day whenever they are around" in the form of the Rainbow Power shenanigan that's going on right now in the toyline

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5HTaNPJz61E/U ... 1899_n.png

I was really happy we finally got rid of the Elements of Harmony since it really was a boring plot mechanic :( But oh well I suppose.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Post by Dizzybelle »

I loved Discord's song. Hearing John DeLancie was the greatest thing.
And the song matched him perfectly. Super fast, nonsensical, and full of random references.

The season so far has been great. :3
Great moments everywhere~♪

Though the sheer number of tentacle based monsters has me worried.
I mean really.
What do they expect people will do with this information. :cry:
ImageImageImage
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I keep forgetting that new episodes are happening, because there was like a year without any and I guess I fell away from the routine!
Though my excuse for missing last weekend's is that I'm busy with MAGLX and want to let that take priority, so... yeah.

Rarity and Pinkie are the best, forever. Cadence is a favorite too.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

There is a long hiatus between seasons, for sure. Between S3 and S4 there was about half a year, and the same for between S2 and S3.

If you like Cadence you'll want to check last weekend's episode ASAP~ She came back for a thing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

My personal top 5 songs:

1. This Day Aria
2. Tie between "I've Got To Find A Way" and "Celestia's Ballad" because oh gods I could never choose between them
3. Smile, Smile, Smile
4. May The Best Pet Win
5. Hearts Strong As Horses

This Day Aria is indeed the bees knees and is absolutely amazing as a song. I couldn't stop thinking "Wow hey Disney villain song" when I saw it, and that's just great.

Side note but hey look at that Foozogz made a pretty cool happy hardcore remix of Hearts Strong As Horses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md1jEnCsQyQ Sweet!

Edit: Also another side note but I just felt like mentioning that Daniel Ingram, the guy that makes the compositions for all the songs in FiM (Not the background music, that's done by William Anderson) reported that he made 60 songs in 2013 between all the shows he worked on. And that's kind of insane productivity for a musician, I can't even imagine doing that many songs and making all of them good in that time frame,
Last edited by Bwarch 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet

Post by Leet »

oh another thing i like is that since season 5 is already confirmed and the key thing it looks like they're planning ahead a LOT
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

FiM has been so successful that they can easily say "Hey we're doing season 5 that alright?" and everybody involved with the money side of the company is totally chill with it.

At least, that's what I glean just from the fact of the announcement, not from actually knowing. And various other factors.

They've been able to make four seasons, a movie, two comic series, and who knows how many toys with the FiM franchise. Profit from the popularity has got to be shooting up from what it was before this reboot. So it really isn't in their best interest to cancel the cartoon, the main advertisement for the toys and the thing that is gaining their channel a ton of revenue, anytime soon.

It could be that we could see the show go on for double digits season-wise if the show remains popular and profitable for Hasbro.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

My Little Simpsons
Leet

Post by Leet »

seriously? i was watching it on netflix like 2 hours ago
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Just checked, I still see two and a half seasons up there along with the movie. Which is good because I've been feeling like rewatching the movie.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Gonna go ahead and drop some behind the scenes stuff for the movie while I'm at it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sztlDUbPGtw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGSV_p2ywZg

This is the reason why the show is so good, these wonderful people that put so much effort into every detail in their work.
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

I've only watched the first two seasons. I've been reluctant to watch the third season onwards because I've heard that it's not up to snuff with the previous seasons and lots of peeps were upset about the finale. So for those of you that soldiered on past that, do you think the latter seasons hold up?
Last edited by Maiku Wotaharu 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Season 3 is a bumpy ride man. It has a lot of down points, though good stuff can still be found.

Season 4 has been AMAZING.

So my advice is just soldier on through season 3 if at all you feel the quality is dipping. It's worth it.
Maiku Wotaharu wrote:lots of peeps were upset about the finale.
There are... a great many reasons people were upset about the season 3 finale. Some of them were stupid, some of them were valid. Mostly the most valid point being some reeeeally bad pacing. It was obvious that Hasbro was mangling things a little bit, and in fact it was revealed they were going against what Lauren Faust, a major developer on FiM who walked away or was fired (we still don't quite know which), wanted.

Mistakes were made in season 3, but after that things cooled off and season 4 has been a pretty smooth ride.
Last edited by Bwarch 10 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

It's worth mentioning that there are some episodes in season 3 I wouldn't recommend anybody missing EVER because they are really good.

Too Many Pinkie Pies, One Bad Apple, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolts Academy and Magic Duel are all really good episodes.

I think it's mostly the season opener and season finale that had people really left with a bad taste over season 3. The season 3 opener was just dreadful for me, though I see a lot of people actually like it and disagree with me heavily so.

OPINIONS.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

It's really odd to see a MLP thread that isn't just a bunch of people shitting all over each other because some of them don't like what the others do like. On the main forum I frequent it's actually bannable to even post about it typically.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Bwarch wrote:If you like Cadence you'll want to check last weekend's episode ASAP~ She came back for a thing.
yaaaaayyyyy

MAGLX comes first though...

Smile Smile Smile is definitely one of my top favorite songs because it's Pinkie being 100% amazing hnnnnggggg
A True True Friend is also way up there and sometimes I can't help but tear up when hearing it >_>

Also I haven't watched Equestria Girls yet either, whoops.

People keep saying that season 3 was subpar, but I legitimately liked most of the episodes in it!! So I dunno what the deal is, yo.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Fornaxus

Post by Fornaxus »

So I've watched just s1 and part of s2 as of now. I was planning to watch some more but I'm pretty much keeping it all secret to everyone (I believe one of my friends know I watch MLP and I kind of want to tell more, but when the mood is right, I don't say anything. Darn it, I think I'm afraid of reactions and bullying etc). The most impressive of the brony community are their extremely talented musicians in my opinion. Not that every brony can compose awesome stuff, but wow, a good chunk of the house/elektro/dubstep pony songs are at least equal to what most professional DJ's come up with. (See Alex S, The living Tombstone, Silva Hound (or a mix of two of them) and I could name a lot more :p)
Make that the cat wise!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Fornaxus wrote:The most impressive of the brony community are their extremely talented musicians in my opinion. Not that every brony can compose awesome stuff, but wow, a good chunk of the house/elektro/dubstep pony songs are at least equal to what most professional DJ's come up with. (See Alex S, The living Tombstone, Silva Hound (or a mix of two of them) and I could name a lot more :p)
Living Tombstone is kinda flaky sometimes, but otherwise, yes! Lots of amazing musicians in the fandom making fan music. Wooden Toaster, Jackle App, Lavender Harmony, Foozogz, Whitetail, EHT, Seventh Element, the list goes on and on.
Alice wrote:It's really odd to see a MLP thread that isn't just a bunch of people shitting all over each other because some of them don't like what the others do like. On the main forum I frequent it's actually bannable to even post about it typically.
Talkhaus is a tight-knit community. I know a lot of people and a lot of people know me. On large forums there's a certain anonymous element where somebody can just come by and insult somebody else, and it's like whatever. We have great mods that keep an eye on things and the people in Talkhaus are for the most part pretty nice to each other. So a thread like this is very possible where everybody can just have a nice time about it.
Last edited by Bwarch 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Bwarch wrote:
Alice wrote:It's really odd to see a MLP thread that isn't just a bunch of people shitting all over each other because some of them don't like what the others do like. On the main forum I frequent it's actually bannable to even post about it typically.
Talkhaus is a tight-knit community. I know a lot of people and a lot of people know me. On large forums there's a certain anonymous element where somebody can just come by and insult somebody else, and it's like whatever. We have great mods that keep an eye on things and the people in Talkhaus are for the most part pretty nice to each other. So a thread like this is very possible where everybody can just have a nice time about it.
I don't really care for MLP myself but it was absolutely absurd on my main forum. It got banned because people wouldn't stop shitting it up. You know, instead of dealing with the people causing a problem they just banned the subject altogether.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

That's unfortunate.
Money

Post by Money »

Yeah, ponies is a pretty good show. Not GOD'S GIFT TO ANIMATION or anything, but it's worth watching every week.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I don't think if you asked anybody (that's not a rabid fan) about any western cartoon show they'd say it's the best thing ever since and absolutely amazing omg. But if you ask somebody if they enjoyed a cartoon they'd say "Yeah, totally!" So it's not about impressing like anime tends to do, just more on the "Let's have fun" side.

Ed, Edd and Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, etc. All great shows but it's not like there's some pinnacle to be found.

I dunno, rambling mindlessly.