(shouting)

Anime & Manga - this is an official hentai free sight!!!!

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Anime & Manga - this is an official hentai free sight!!!!

Post by KobaBeach »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:We have recently acquired a tea thread, a books thread, and a Sonic thread. Do we have an anime thread yet?
Oh man making threads~

Discuss animus and mangoes here.

Feel free to post MAL or ANN profiles if you have any. Here's mine.

EDIT (from the future): i made the thread title to what i originally wanted it to be when i changed it from shingeki no talkhaus (that one was bwarch's fault btw), now that thread titles can be longer

EDIT 2: xzc,.vxvmcf.-z._::;vz,d.,v;;;:VC;ZSd

EDIT 3: Image
Last edited by KobaBeach 4 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Boku no Talkhaus (anime/manga thread)

Post by Ashan »

This morning I had a smoothie from McDonalds that had mangoes in it.

I didn't like it much and dumped the bottom third of it in my sink.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

I don't have either of those accounts, so here's a list of anime I picked up on DVDs over the years.
Summer Wars
Baccano! box set
Steamboy
Spirited Away
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Gundam Seed Complete Colllection
Gundam Wing Complete Collection
Kiki's Delivery Service
5 Centimetres Per Second
Ghost In The Shell (the original movie) and GitS: SAC 1st Gig
Darker Than Black 1st season box set
.hack//liminality 1st and second episodes
Eureka Seven The Movie: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Eden Of The East Series Boxset + both movies
Six or seven episodes of the Black Cat anime
Gurren Lagann Discs 1-4
Final Fantasy: Unlimited, Volumes 1-2
Not a vast collection, but I always have at least something to watch.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
freelop

Post by freelop »

I tend to hoover up series if I find them for cheap, thus far I have:
Series:

GiTS
Area 88
Desert Punk
Code Geass
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Cowboy Bebop

Films:

Space Adventure Cobra
Akira
GiTS 1,2,SSS
Macross Plus
Dead Space Downfall
Hellsing Ultimate Ovas 1-4

I'm probably forgetting a bunch but they are all at my parent's house
When starting a new series do you guys ever give english dubs a chance or do you just go straight to subs?

Personally I like the dubs for Bebop and Hellsing
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

freelop wrote:When starting a new series do you guys ever give english dubs a chance or do you just go straight to subs?
Subs. Trying to go full weeaboo here.

I might see some clips of the dub if I hear good things about it though.
Image Image
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

I do not anime/manga.
I used to watch Pokemon.
I like Touhou if that counts.
That's about it.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

freelop wrote: When starting a new series do you guys ever give english dubs a chance or do you just go straight to subs?

Hellsing Ultimate has a really good dub for me because I like what they did with the accents. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not familar with the language but the sub just sounded like everybody was given a japanese accent, and that's just not as cool since everybody IS from all these different countries.

Dat Anderson accent.

Little language things really do it for me, I was devastated when they removed the demon sisters rolling their r's in the English dub of Panty and Stocking.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

freelop wrote: When starting a new series do you guys ever give english dubs a chance or do you just go straight to subs?

Depends largely on when the anime was made. If it's an old anime, chances are the dub will be terrible since production values were worse and english markets were a side thing at best, but most of the newer stuff has pretty decent dubs since the market's expanded so much in recent years. If the english dubs are any good, and I'm watching on DVD, I'll usually watch one episode with dubs, then one with subs, and alternate throughout the entire series (watching any particularly dramatic scenes again in both).

That said, there are a few series you should never watch in dubs. Final Fantasy Unlimited has some of the worst child VAs known to man, but the series itself was pretty poor so it's to be expected. Gurren Lagann is generally better dubbed than subbed, if only because English is not a language designed for kiais. Also Kamina's VA should have been manlier. The dubs are still watchable, just not as good. Gundam Wing's english dub is also pretty poor.

Steamboy, if you ever watch it, has a pretty interesting dub, featuring the actor for John Luc Picard from Star Trek as one of the main characters, plus some dubious Machurian accents. Darker Than Black also has a pretty good dub, notable in that it usually makes more sense that the actual Japanese. Anything by Miyazaki usually has dubs that are at least appropriate. Baccano!'s dubs also fit the flavour of the setting a lot. Eden Of The East's is passable.

Obviously, I can't comment on stuff I haven't watched, but generally it's not too much of a loss nowadays to give the dubs a chance and see if you like them. Most older stuff is better subs, though. Cowboy Bebop is fairly old, but I think it's one of the exceptions that proves the rule.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
freelop

Post by freelop »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote: Steamboy, if you ever watch it, has a pretty interesting dub
I did watch Steamboy dubbed and I agree it is a great dub. The variety of accents is splendid.

Ghost Stories is something that needs to be watched dubbed due to the comedy translation.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

I'm more a manga guy than a anime guy. I watch like 12 animés episodes each months at best, but I read lot of mangas, and lot of mangas are translated and published in France which is good for me (*France is the second biggest manga market in the world you know). About mangas I don't buy that much (5 volumes each months at best) and I download some manga with english translation (only when they are and won't be published in France), but I've a read and discovered lot of mangas at my library.Talking about that yesterday I went to the library and borrowed some.

Don't have a MAL/ANN/else thing because I don't know what it is/how to use them/to lazy to update.
freelop wrote:When starting a new series do you guys ever give english dubs a chance or do you just go straight to subs?
Well when there is the choice, I watch a bit of both and decide which one I chose. Although japanese voice is always superior sometimes french voices can be nice (sometimes). Like for Cowboy Beebop I went with the french dub but for Himawari! (what I'm currently watching) I'm going french subs.

About mangas, what I prefer to read are shorts stories (around 3 volumes) that can be read in one night. I like to start reading a manga, and then some hours later it's finished and I'm like "Whoua... that was great... " then go to sleep. A recent manga I've read that I really loved was Molester Man. It's a true story based on threads on 2ch like Densha Otoko (that is also great). You should read it if you haven't already. Also read Onani Master Kurosawa draw by the same person.
Last edited by yogui 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

yogui wrote:Molester Man
Onani Master Kurosaki
Those sound absolutely bizarre and hilarious.

Please tell me more.
Image Image
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Molester Man is the true story of a man who his mistaken for a stalker by a girl. He post about this on 2ch, get some advices and try to get closer to her.
One of the greatest love story ever told.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=88632

Onani Master Kurosawa is the story of a student who go on the girls bathrooms after school to masturbate when thinking of other students. Really (don't worry, it's not hentai). But one day he get caught by a bullied girl and she use him to revenge.
Then things happens. Can't say more without spoiling. But oh man it's great.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=33759

Both are masterpiece, especially OMK.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I have a whole freaking word file of animes that I've watched so far.
Started in 2010 and have probably seen about 100 series up until now.

I'm currently watching Ergo Proxy, it seems interesting but kind of aimless, also it's not very good at establishing plotline and/or character backgrounds. That said, I still enjoy it, except I still have no fucking clue whatsoever what those "Proxies" even are (I'm only on Ep. 13 though).

Generally I'm more of a sub-guy, but I think there's a number of really well dubbed anime out there, to the point where some dubs are better than the original in my opinion (Azumanga Daioh in German would be one example, English Spice and Wolf comes close).

I do not read manga at all, except for Gantz, because a friend kinda pressured me into it. It's not really a great story but I keep reading because I already read 500 chapters so might as well finish it.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Aposke wrote:Generally I'm more of a sub-guy, but I think there's a number of really well dubbed anime out there, to the point where some dubs are better than the original in my opinion (Azumanga Daioh in German would be one example, English Spice and Wolf comes close).
Oh man, Spice and Wolf. That's one anime I'd really love to watch, but I have the same problem with it as I do the Haruhi Suzumiya stuff and the FMP series; they're all light-novel based, and since to me written word > most other forms of media in terms of how much I enjoy it, I always get hung up about not reading the LNs first. I think my local anime/manga/random nerd depository shop has the English translation of like the fifth Wolf & Spice book, but only that. (It's also got a copy of that Ico tie-in novel, which I'm always tempted to buy.)

I watched Baccano! before I knew it was based on LNs, so that doesn't count.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
PlatinumTriforce
Professional Profanity Practitioner
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by PlatinumTriforce »

Cowboy Bebop is the shit.
peteyboo wrote:Platinum vs. raocow vs. myself triple battle at the same time

48 hours straight of Hyper VII. Whoever beats it first wins!
I love it.

Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

*Das me watching Mila Superstar (Attack No. 1) right now!

Best Sport-Anime evah!
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Deidara Iwahara

Post by Deidara Iwahara »

http://myanimelist.net/profile/broheim

It depends on how i'm getting into it, but usually i just go for subs. Stuff that i bought when i was younger i have dubbed (Hellsing. Hellsing dub is great), and things that i watch on Netflix i watch dubbed because there aren't exactly options there. I actually really like the Soul Eater and Mushishi dubs. Everything else i watch subbed and there are some series where i tried to give the dub a chance, i really did, but it was terrible (Black Butler i'm looking at you).

Also has anyone here ever watched Noein and if so, is it good? I've been meaning to watch it but no one i know has ever even heard of it.
Crispity Crunchity Peanut Buttery
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

It's kind of funny because I have a brit friend that bemoans bad brit voices in dubs, Black Butler was ATROCIOUS to her and Hellsing Ultimate had one or two voices in the first episode which were apparently bad but just from non-important characters.
Deidara Iwahara

Post by Deidara Iwahara »

Bwarch wrote:It's kind of funny because I have a brit friend that bemoans bad brit voices in dubs, Black Butler was ATROCIOUS to her and Hellsing Ultimate had one or two voices in the first episode which were apparently bad but just from non-important characters.
The accents in Black Butler were so incredibly bad. I lasted maybe two minutes into that dub before becoming so offended at how bad they were that i had to stop. The weirdest part is that there are people i've told that to who were like "what are you talking about those accents were really authentic and sounded good."
Crispity Crunchity Peanut Buttery
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Which include me. That attitude stems from not really knowing the original source of the accents, I haven't exactly visited the UK and I haven't watched that many brit-created shows, so the accents could more resemble 9th century China and I wouldn't know it! I also only have the one brit friend and I have heard her speaking voice seldomly.

And yes, because of this I actually did like the dub of Black Butler better than the sub. Old non-worldly Bwarch disgusting the masses~
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Yeah, I can't listen to bad fake English accents so I generally steer clear of stuff like that. Even the better (well, 'better') ones still annoy me in repeated exposure. I can't listen to November 11 in Darker than Black's dub for too long without cracking up.

I was actually thinking of starting like a talkhaus soundboard thread for people to just record audio clips of their voice/accents and leave messages for each other, but my microphone is a piece of shit and it probably wouldn't be any good anyway so meh. Besides, people tell me that my voice is really British.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
krawky398
Location: A room in a building in a state in a country on a planet in a universe

Post by krawky398 »

I guess here's my anime list, since I mainly watch anime only. Not to say I never read manga, though, since I've read Gundam Sousei, Ganota no Onna, Onani Master Kurosawa, Welcome to the NHK, and a lot of Dr. Slump. I'm also reading Girl Friends at the moment.

Although I'm really slow with watching anime at this time. Like, everything but Gundam 0083 on that Now Watching list? None of those have been updated in forever. But yeah, animes.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

You want some good dub accents slash a good animu slash a good show slash just good watch you some Baccano!

The title is Baccano! with the exclamation mark.
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.