(shouting)

Anime & Manga - this is an official hentai free sight!!!!

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Boku no Talkhaus (anime/manga thread)

Post by KobaBeach »

I finished watching Lain yesterday.

10/10 would watch again.

Considering watching Evangelion next.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote:I finished watching Lain yesterday.

10/10 would watch again.

Considering watching Evangelion next.
As far as introspective and thoughtful anime go, Eva likely won't hold up to Lain, but it's still great in and of itself. Watch the TV series first, episodes 1-20, then the directors cut versions of 21-24 (any torrent or recent DVD version will use those instead of the original broadcast episodes). Then come back here and let us know what you think so far, because at that point, you have a decision to make: you can either watch the surreal and inconclusive episodes 25 and 26, or you can jump straight to the movie End of Evangelion and watch the episodes after, because they're interlinked in a strange, strange way.

The Rebuild movies are NOT retellings of the series - while the first movie is a lot like episodes 1-6, it diverges in important ways and the subsequent movies are very different. While I have my own theories about that, I'm basically part of the crowd who think you should watch it after the original series and movie, not before. Oh, and speaking of movies, Death & Rebirth are just a re-packaging of the series and the first third of the End movie, so it's completely pointless unless you want a ruined, compressed version.

I may be an Eva-geek, but thankfully I'm not one of the "ohmahgah eva is TEH DEEPEREST THIGN EVAR" crowd. I just think it's a pretty damn good anime that is genuinely thought-provoking at times. It's also massively influential on pretty much all Super Robot and a lot of non-mecha anime that followed it, so it's worth watching for that too.
Deidara Iwahara

Post by Deidara Iwahara »

Oh man yeah Death & Rebirth is really shitty and i have no idea why anyone thought it was necessary to make if you're gonna watch Eva don't bother with it.

I've never seen the director's cut of 21-24 or Rebuild haha maybe i should do that because i used to love Eva a lot.

In other news i think i accidentally agreed to let a friend kidnap me for the purpose of marathoning Ouran Host Club sometime next week and i'm not sure how to feel about this. All i know about the series is it's full of gay.
Crispity Crunchity Peanut Buttery
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Deidara Iwahara wrote:Oh man yeah Death & Rebirth is really shitty and i have no idea why anyone thought it was necessary to make if you're gonna watch Eva don't bother with it.
D&R was them trying to recover some of their budget out of recycled footage and the incomplete (and expensive) movie they were already working on, as well as acting as a primer for people to see before EoE if they didn't want to watch NGE first. Oh, and speaking of the title "Neon Genesis Evangelion", the literal translation of the Japanese title is "New Century Gospel", which makes a hell of a lot more sense.
Deidara Iwahara wrote:I've never seen the director's cut of 21-24 or Rebuild haha maybe i should do that because i used to love Eva a lot.
I'd recommend the directors cuts if you refresh yourself on the series first, they have a bunch more scenes that fill out character motivations, especially Kaji, Asuka and Misato. Characters are redrawn to be more expressive in some scenes, and certain battles and backdrops have been filled out with more content and detail. Rei's Angel battle in episode 23 especially has one important detail added, that's been a theorizing and wrangling point for fans ever since.
Deidara Iwahara wrote:In other news i think i accidentally agreed to let a friend kidnap me for the purpose of marathoning Ouran Host Club sometime next week and i'm not sure how to feel about this. All i know about the series is it's full of gay.
All I know about it I know from AMV Hell. It looks fantastically and painfully camp. I've also heard it called a "Reverse Harem Show".
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

Last week I watched The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and the K-On movie. There are pretty great.

Also I don't have a MAL but if you people care that much here is all the animes I have watched as far as I remember. I tried to order them from order I watched them but my memory ain't perfect. When I don't precise the season then I watched all the seasons available.
Animes:
Pokemon (from season 1 to I-dont-remember)
Digimon (S1)
GTO
Excel Saga
Samourai Champloo
Full Metal Alchemist (the first one, I won't watch brotherhood I have the manga)
Azumangadaioh
Lucky Star
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Sketchbook
Minami-ke S1-2-3 (I need to watch the recent one)
Toradora
The one with the girl with blue hair that say Puririri or something like that and kill the MC everytime
Sora no Otoshimono S1
The World God Only Know S1-2
Fractale
UsagiDrop
Hyakko
Shinryaku! Ika Musume S1
Macademi WAsshoi!
Mitsudomoe
Hanamaru Kindergarten
K-On!
Nichijou
Cowboy Beebop
Himawari!

Movies:
All the Ghibli stuffs released in France
The girl who leap though time
Wolf Children
Paprika
The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
K-On the movie

I may make a manga list too but it would take forever.
Once I get some free time and exams are over I will either watch Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita because I downloaded it some time ago and it seem pretty cool or Excel Saga because I recently bought the DVD on nostalgia mode and because it was 20€ instead of 26€ plus there's some episode I might not have watched, at least I'm sure I haven't watched episode 26 since it's aired at midnight because apparently it was too violent.
I also need to watch Oreimo S1 fast because it's licensed in french and you can currently watch it for free but I don't know for how long.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

yogui wrote:aired at midnight because apparently it was too violent.
Excel 26 is too everything, deliberately. They took the infamously over-the-top show past the top and into low orbit.

Also Jinrui (Humanity has Declined) is amazing, must-see stuff. Beautifully dark, subtle, and surreal, like Alice in Wonderland on a lower dosage. Also puns, fairies and bread. You are suitably unprepared for it.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

yogui wrote:Last week I watched The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and the K-On movie. There are pretty great.
I've watched K-On Season 1 completely and found it pretty fun, then went on to Season 2 and quit within 12 episodes because it just got boring as fuck. Does the movie bring anything new into the story (like Disappearance does) or is it just recycling the boring old "Fun things are fun"?
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

K-On the movie is the same as the anime. Cute girl doing cute things, but in London.
I'm surprised you find season 2 boring because most people consider season 2 to be better than S1.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

Aposke wrote:
yogui wrote:Last week I watched The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and the K-On movie. There are pretty great.
I've watched K-On Season 1 completely and found it pretty fun, then went on to Season 2 and quit within 12 episodes because it just got boring as fuck. Does the movie bring anything new into the story (like Disappearance does) or is it just recycling the boring old "Fun things are fun"?
I got about halfway through the second season of K-On before realizing how little enjoyment I was getting out of it
ImageImage
krawky398
Location: A room in a building in a state in a country on a planet in a universe

Post by krawky398 »

It only took me an episode of K-On S2 and put off the second for so long that I just decided that "eh i guess i don't really wanna watch this". Though I really liked the ED.

Speaking of cute girls doing cute things, though, I realized I need to watch more of Hidamari Sketch x365. I only watched the first episode long ago and I haven't gotten back to it because I'm lazy.

Also, looking back on the past page, I really, really friggin' need to watch Steins;Gate. Since a friend of mine says much good things about it. And it looks interesting.
Dayfinder

Post by Dayfinder »

A few gud ones:
-Boku no
NOPE ignore that
-Puella Magi Madoka Magica, holy fuck what a ride. It seems like some Sailor Moon ripoff or something for a bit, like most 'magical girl' anime, but then suddenly it's great.
-As far as 'manga', a Taiwanese Manhua (essentially manga) that follows a kinda quirky adventure- In an online world VR setting, like .Hack\\ (HAH NO SAO HERE), it's fun for the entire family.
Except mostly just you. Leave your family out of it.

Also, addendum,
-Nichijou. It's Nichijou, what can I say?

Edit of an edit:
Shinmera wrote:I don't have a MAL account, but here's my ANN stuff.
Just checked it out, <3 you for having Puella Magi Madoka Magica in there at all, and even at such a high regard.

Edit of an edit of an edit: I hold that spoiler to be a real one, in keeping with the rules.
As far as my signature one, if any admin reads this, PM me and I'll tweak my sig around n' stuff for you.
My avatar is cloudy with a chance of babies.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Dayfinder wrote:
Just checked it out, <3 you for having Puella Magi Madoka Magica in there at all, and even at such a high regard.
Meduka's one of my favorite anime. I gave it a 10/10. Why won't you love me do too ;_________________________________;

I want to be less than three'd.
Image Image
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

Madokaaaaaaaaaa.
Best 12-13 episode anime I've seen.
Followed by Angel Beats, and then Another.

Haven't seen Ano Hana yet though, and I've heard it's really good.

Oh also, any recommendations of horror/psychological anime?
I'm pretty into those lately.
I've seen Another and Mirai Nikki and Elfen Lied (if that counts), and that's about it for that genre.

Those 3 that I've seen are pretty great though.
Dayfinder

Post by Dayfinder »

KobaBeach wrote:
Dayfinder wrote:
Meduka's one of my favorite anime. I gave it a 10/10. Why won't you love me do too ;_________________________________;

I want to be less than three'd.
I sorry, here have a <3
Redsy wrote:Madokaaaaaaaaaa.

Haven't seen Ano Hana yet though, and I've heard it's really good.

Oh also, any recommendations of horror/psychological anime?
I'm pretty into those lately.
I've seen Another and Mirai Nikki and Elfen Lied (if that counts), and that's about it for that genre.

Those 3 that I've seen are pretty great though.
OH NOES HOW DID I FORGET ANGEL BEATS :C
Great anime, waiting for sequels.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Dayfinder wrote:I sorry, here have a <3
Thank you, meatbun guy.
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Redsy wrote:Madokaaaaaaaaaa.
Another, you say? Just a sec while I chug down some haterade -
- okay, feeling real malicious right now. Another was a mediocre horror anime at best, it's like Final Destination but really melodramatic about it. 'Creepy dolls' and the doll-eyed Misaki Mei alike are somewhat bland and trite to me - maybe I've just seen it too often, but it wasn't done in a significant or meaningful way. Misaki is one of the least-interesting main characters to cross my screen, and I've watched Gundam SEED Destiny, so that's saying something. The most interesting scene for me was dancing in the classroom, it seemed like a perfect chance to actually give more character development to Misaki... but it never came to anything. The main character is a bland pool of nothing and no personality, less depth than a generic harem show protagonist. The ONLY character approaching reasonable and interesting in the entire show is in the picture above.
And as for the anticipated twist... WHAT TWIST? This is a straight-up curse story that would bore the average summer-night horror-story circle to tears with its padding! Literally the only thing going for this show is the goriness of the deaths! And as for Misaki's ability... it's foreshadowed from the first episode onwards, but makes no sense, is never explained, and is a straight up deus-ex-machina that's been sitting under her eyepatch the entire time while people die left and right. Okay, I'll give you the Umbrella Scene, that's the single best moment in it. But it's basically slow, melancholy boredom punctuated by people getting punctured.
Sorry for hating on one of your favourites, but I'm not sorry for hating on Another.
dasshu
❄❄❄❄
First name: flurry
Pronouns: they/them

Post by dasshu »

Reading through this thread made me want to make a MAL, until I tried registering and found out I already had one.

This is it and it's not all that up-to-date. My avatar on here might hint to which is my favorite.
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

I agree the plot/characters was/were not seriously memorable.
But I loved the horror aspect of it, so I thought it was pretty great.
Yaaaay gore~

Also, for anyone who's been watching Shingeki no Kyojin, the OP is freaking amazing.
For things like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC2okqCGMg4

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLImJOIl2D8
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ahahahahahaha, oh man, you watched Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de as well. That show is an utter travesty, but I love it almost as much as I hate it. :lol:
The top comment sums up my response better than I ever could. That's bloody hilarious, although it's better after overdosing on all these video remixes. The Madoka one suits Madoka better than its own opening titles.
krawky398
Location: A room in a building in a state in a country on a planet in a universe

Post by krawky398 »

Oh, if we're posting Shingeki no Kyojin OP stuff, then this should be posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eYJjsQB8U
and this since i just found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCjKddGqPs

Also, I did like I should since last post and started Steins;Gate. And it is really interesting stuff and I'm loving it so far~
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I've pretty much only watched anime that airs or aired on TV.

- Sgt. Frog being the most recent I think, like 3 or 4 years ago. It's still pretty funny and uses self-mockery quite a lot which I like.

- Valerian & Laureline, from around 3/4 years ago as well. A Sci-Fi space themed anime which also features time travelling. I like time travel stuff. The two main characters have a typical love/hate relationship but I don't know I think they manage to play with it pretty well and the result is pretty funny without sinking into the awkward. Also good art and good opening music WHOOOAAA

- REC. Comedy with a man and a woman as the two main characters oh boy how original. Except this one is about a voice actress and a guy who works in a voice acting company. I think this alone makes it pretty unique and as with the two other anime I've mentioned it's pretty light-weighted and fun. I don't like overly serious stuff
This one is probably one of the only anime I watched "by myself" on my computer I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it it was like what 6/7 years ago?

-Love Hina. that was like one million years ago (yeah 2002 is one million years ago) This anime pleased my 12-year-old self I don't think I need to elaborate why. Ugh

Dayfinder

Post by Dayfinder »

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Vastly entertaining, especially considering that most videos with this music are anything but. Also always neat to see the source of a gif thing one has seen floating around.
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

Bwarch wrote:Also always neat to see the source of a gif thing one has seen floating around.
^
Loved the whole video though.