(shouting)

Anime & Manga - this is an official hentai free sight!!!!

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Dayfinder

Re: Boku no Talkhaus (anime/manga thread)

Post by Dayfinder »

Redsy wrote:
Bwarch wrote:Also always neat to see the source of a gif thing one has seen floating around.
^
Loved the whole video though.
You are welcome for the glory I have given you: Free entertainment that I made in no way and don't own.
I'm such a great giftgiver.
In other news, Madoka now has multiple holes in her hands.
My avatar is cloudy with a chance of babies.
dasshu
❄❄❄❄
First name: flurry
Pronouns: they/them

Post by dasshu »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: Ahahahahahaha, oh man, you watched Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de as well. That show is an utter travesty, but I love it almost as much as I hate it. :lol:

I honestly couldn't get through the first episode of it. It felt... forced, if that's even the right term to use for what it was. "Bad" also works, too.
Oh wow, why does this fit so well
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

The theme fits well with basically everything.

"Attack on Mirai Nikki"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4cDJmltGUw

A well edited Madoka version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Q_63b8DmM

"Fate/Attack on Titan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DoNbQnYb7U
This one is especially cool.
Dayfinder

Post by Dayfinder »

Redsy wrote:The theme fits well with basically everything.
You weren't kidding.
tinkerttoy

Post by tinkerttoy »

psst
water you watchin rite nao
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I'm downloading and preparing to re-watch Accel World, having nagged a friend into watching it with me. The actual shows I'm watching are on my MAL list.

Anyone wanna talk Brain Burst and get their hopes up for Season 2 of this shonen CGI battle nonsense?
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Nothing, but I'm planning to torrent Evangelion and Digimon Tamers like, later this evening?????

I was thinking of watching Excel Saga and Bokurano someday too.

I am pretty sure my tear ducts won't ever be ready for Bokurano, though.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Dayfinder

Post by Dayfinder »

Natsume Yuujin-Chou is good.
Watch it.

I'm a fan of Youkai (Yōkai) anime of the subtler variety. Bakemonogatari+friends is great. XXXHolic was fun, if a little slow. Natsume is like these, but maybe you haven't heard of it.
:ugeek:
Deidara Iwahara

Post by Deidara Iwahara »

BobisOnlyBob wrote:
Deidara Iwahara wrote:In other news i think i accidentally agreed to let a friend kidnap me for the purpose of marathoning Ouran Host Club sometime next week and i'm not sure how to feel about this. All i know about the series is it's full of gay.
All I know about it I know from AMV Hell. It looks fantastically and painfully camp. I've also heard it called a "Reverse Harem Show".
Oh it's totally a reverse harem and even more camp and gay than i was led to believe. As i type this i have two episodes left to go in this marathon and all i can really say is it's the gayest thing i've ever watched and considering i used to watch actual yaoi anime...

I love it a lot.
Crispity Crunchity Peanut Buttery
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

OHSHC was so bland.
It was funny at times, but I wouldn't recommend it above mannnnnyyyyy other things.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Deidara Iwahara wrote:
BobisOnlyBob wrote:
Deidara Iwahara wrote:In other news i think i accidentally agreed to let a friend kidnap me for the purpose of marathoning Ouran Host Club sometime next week and i'm not sure how to feel about this. All i know about the series is it's full of gay.
All I know about it I know from AMV Hell. It looks fantastically and painfully camp. I've also heard it called a "Reverse Harem Show".
Oh it's totally a reverse harem and even more camp and gay than i was led to believe. As i type this i have two episodes left to go in this marathon and all i can really say is it's the gayest thing i've ever watched and considering i used to watch actual yaoi anime...

I love it a lot.
Harem Anime are terrible by default.
Deidara Iwahara

Post by Deidara Iwahara »

Aposke wrote: Harem Anime are terrible by default.
I was raised on harem anime so it's my one weakness aside from The Gay, so while yeah Ouran wasn't what i would call good i still really enjoyed it. I regret nothing.
Crispity Crunchity Peanut Buttery
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I started watching the new Oreimo season today, and I've gotta say - after watching the first episode, I think the show has lost none of its momentum. The new OP is literally just as good as the first one, and the writing is still just as surprisingly good for what the setup is.
I've seen a few peeks of the later episodes and apparently it gets pretty dramatic later on, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that will be handled, as well as the conclusion of that wonderous love triangle.
Dayfinder

Post by Dayfinder »

!!!1/2 Prince new chapter!!!
Holy fuck, they've begun translating again :D
If you're going to pick it up, pick it up now so you can follow the conclusion.
Mochtroidprime

Post by Mochtroidprime »

Aposke wrote:I started watching the new Oreimo season today, and I've gotta say - after watching the first episode, I think the show has lost none of its momentum. The new OP is literally just as good as the first one, and the writing is still just as surprisingly good for what the setup is.
I've seen a few peeks of the later episodes and apparently it gets pretty dramatic later on, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that will be handled, as well as the conclusion of that wonderous love triangle.
When did they start another season? I remember watching that show a million years ago and enjoying it quite a bit. (I hope I'm remembering the right one anyways).

Also, usually in just about every other community I feel weird watching the anime I usually watch, but since that seems to be common here... now I feel out of place for enjoying One Piece <.<
Unless of course I missed a page about that which I don't think I did.
Zepolete

Post by Zepolete »

Mochtroidprime wrote:
When did they start another season? I remember watching that show a million years ago and enjoying it quite a bit. (I hope I'm remembering the right one anyways).

Also, usually in just about every other community I feel weird watching the anime I usually watch, but since that seems to be common here... now I feel out of place for enjoying One Piece <.<
Unless of course I missed a page about that which I don't think I did.
I feel like I'm in a weird place with anime too. I've seen a lot of the older classics but they aren't mainstream enough to discuss with anyone I know IRL, and they aren't new enough to discuss with more avid anime watchers. I try to get my friends to watch them, but I don't want to force them watch something they probably don't enjoy. :(

Does anyone have any relatively new anime recommendations for me? I'm mostly okay with slice of life stuff if it's very humorous. I don't really enjoy romance (as a genre). Here's a list of what I've seen.

-Evangelion + EoE
-Rebuilds up to 3.33
-DBZ + DB
-Kino's Journey (one of my favorites)
-Cowboy Bebop
-Serial Experiments Lain (another favorite)
-FLCL
-Berserk
-Ergo Proxy
-Nichijou
-Outlaw Star
-Everything Ghost in the Shell (another fav)

I am probably forgetting more, but they're probably just old stuff I watched on toonami.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Zepolete wrote:Serial Experiments Lain
The best anime.

I recently finished Eva. It was pretty good. A bit average at the start, but I felt that it got better at the end. The ending is pretty dumb (not the epiphany part, but the everyone appears and OMEDETOU OMEDETOU OMEDETOU part). Now to watch EoE, whenever.

Also, I started watching Kill La Kill. Congratulations Gainax, you managed to out-slut PSG. Pretty good anime, though.
Ira Gamagoori is kinda hot.
Image Image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

If I ever meet you, Koba, I will literally hit you in the face for saying that Kill La Kill was made by Gainax.

...it's still a great anime though. Trigger simply excels at pulling off majorly over-the-top scenes and stories.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Aposke wrote:If I ever meet you, Koba, I will literally hit you in the face for saying that Kill La Kill was made by Gainax.
Ah, Studio Trigger, my bad.
Sorry Aposke, it's the TTGL comparisons that confused me, ahaha!

If it pleases you, feel free to punch me.
Also, way to steal one of Jesuiscontent's avatars.
Image Image
krawky398
Location: A room in a building in a state in a country on a planet in a universe

Post by krawky398 »

I haven't been watching anything this season that isn't Teekyuu or Gundam Build Fighters. Both of them are pretty nice. Teekyuu is just mach-speed silliness, and Gundam Build Fighters is just plain fun and cool, even with taking Gundam's merchandise driven nature as far as it can go. Which I never minded at all, really, since I've got nine Gundam model kits and love them a lot.

Meanwhile, I have Victory Gundam and Kaiji sitting as my two main anime to be watching, but I'm lazy and haven't finished them...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I heard Toonami will be dropping Naruto to be able to run Naruto: Shippuden in the near future. Can't say that I don't mind since I already saw most of the original series aside from that fillertacular part that ended part one.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Just reposting this here, in case anyone wants to watch the new Madoka Movie Rebellion with me (and potentially others). Date will be on the 7th of December, at Midnight GMT (that's 6PM EST).
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

Aposke wrote:Just reposting this here, in case anyone wants to watch the new Madoka Movie Rebellion with me (and potentially others). Date will be on the 7th of December, at Midnight GMT (that's 6PM EST).
I watched rebellion 9 days ago and I still haven't recovered.
For the record I am a 17 year old male who considers himself emotionally stable.
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Diggertron wrote:
Aposke wrote:Just reposting this here, in case anyone wants to watch the new Madoka Movie Rebellion with me (and potentially others). Date will be on the 7th of December, at Midnight GMT (that's 6PM EST).
For the record I am a 17 year old male who considers himself emotionally stable.
I heard it's supposed to be about 10 times as emotionally impactful as the series.
And god knows I cried for like 5 minutes straight when
Homura shot Madoka's soul gem so she wouldn't have to become a witch.
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

Aposke wrote:
Diggertron wrote:
I heard it's supposed to be about 10 times as emotionally impactful as the series.
And god knows I cried for like 5 minutes straight when
Homura shot Madoka's soul gem so she wouldn't have to become a witch.
Yeah that sounds about right.

It's a massive shame they're not doing any showings anywhere in England, much less somewhere I can actually get to, I'd have loved the chance to see it in a cinema.

It's currently in the running of Oscar Consideration, if noone heard about that yet.
Admittedly it's still a ways off actually getting nominated, but we can hope it at least beats bloody Planes.
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.