(shouting)

Anime & Manga - this is an official hentai free sight!!!!

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Talkhaus' Bizarre Adventure: Shitpost Crusaders (anime/manga thread)

Post by Leet »

I want to watch Star Driver for the sole reason that it ends up having similar structure to Utena due to a returning writer.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Snakebite969 »

I'm rewatching rosario+vampire

It's romantic ok
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Leet wrote:I want to watch Star Driver for the sole reason that it ends up having similar structure to Utena due to a returning writer.
I didn't know that.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

Gatchaman Crowds is pretty great

also, this is how reboot series should be
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Started PMMM.
First episode thought:
Story so far feels entirely generic, characters seem kinda paper thin, character control feels forced, and this is literally what everyone has told me the first 2 or 3 episodes are like and then it gets amazing, so...
Art direction in that whole other world bit that happened was Image though, so that's good.
Leet

Post by Leet »

A lot of Madoka's goodness comes from its art. The witch barriers are, of course, the most notable example, and probably my favorite things in the entire show!

You should enjoy the cute moments while you can. I wouldn't say the first few episodes are bad so much as they are... to let you meet the characters and premise, so that it can then start ... doing things with them.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:Started PMMM.
Somebody did have the conversation with you/you researched up about the two movies where they went over the animation of the series and gave it superior quality, right?

I hate to always bring this up in this thread but the concept is somewhat oddball to a lot of people and it's really unexpected for there to be a superior version of anime stuff haha. (Well, other than bluray releases, which as well not a lot of people know are better! But those are slighter in change I find compared to what they did with Madoka and the movie rereleases, where they didn't just change wonky expressions or inbetween frames.)
Gardenolva

Post by Gardenolva »

So, Madoka had its own dark side possible coming up in future episodes?

Leet

Post by Leet »

The movies do make some changes I personally dislike, though. Off the top of my head:

the short scene where Kyoko and Sayaka silhouettes twist around eachother during the Oktavia fight

is removed, as is (more importantly)

the scene where Homura says she doesn't care if anybody lives or dies as long as Madoka is safe

, which could be seen as foreshadowing for Rebellion, perhaps. finally,

the rainbow bubbles scene at the very end has Homura and Madoka wearing their clothes in the movies, which sux they should be naked

theres probably more changes im unaware of
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Aye, but I think for somebody watching for the first time the movies would be the better experience. And let's be honest those changes really aren't gamebreaking in any significant way.

Homura's scene about how much she cares for example can be used for explaining her actions in Rebellion but is it really THAT important for plot and writing? Her actions are explained just fine in the movie itself.

There's really only one change that makes me quirk my eyebrow, the others either make sense or don't really matter.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa

Post by july »

There are a bunch of changes between the original anime and the movie that I kinda don't like (and a few more that are okay), but they're mostly pretty minor tbh. I really prefer the original though, and I think it's just because I prefer the pacing of individual episodes to something movie-length. That's my (kinda unsolicited) opinion.
Leet

Post by Leet »

BY THE WAY does anybody know what shady "watch anime online" site i can watch the Black Rock Shooter OVA on without it being split up into parts
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Leet wrote:BY THE WAY does anybody know what shady "watch anime online" site i can watch the Black Rock Shooter OVA on without it being split up into parts
Boop.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Leet

Post by Leet »

THANKS PHOLTOS - chan

its time to ... shoot some black rocks

i guess
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Shout out to kisscartoon for being a great hub as well.

Whatever the hell is behind Kiss is doing a Damn. Good. Job.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

The site I used to watch Naruto episodes got taken down and yesterday night I was a bit lazy to look for a better one, so I just decided "eh, watch that Code Geass thing."

So far it's pretty cool, but seems like I am stuck on Mecha animes and protagonists voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Not that it's a bad thing :P
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Gardenolva

Post by Gardenolva »

And I thought Mekaku City Actors is a pure Slice of Life anime with regular characters with a regular story. But I was wrong.

EDIT: CURSE MY PHONE'S KEYBOARD!

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Gardenolva

Post by Gardenolva »

KobaBeach wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*marks the date shown at the end of the video

Miyuron

Post by Miyuron »

I had all the goosebumps watching this. I think my body is quite literally ready.
TheFinalSentinel

I NEED this right now. November is SO FAR AWAY though! Image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I-I-I'm n-not excited a-about this or anything!
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
TheFinalSentinel

At first the new Butterfly offput me, but it quickly grew on me. As in 2 minutes later I was all, "I need to listen to it again, it was pretty damn good." Waiting on full version. Image

Oh yeah, I watched Madoka Magica. That was a thing.
Uh... It was really good.
Rebellion however, I didn't like so much.
The first half was really good, but toward the end it felt like they were trying to jam 7 different things together at the same time and it felt messy. It just didn't seem to flow well. I get where they were going with it, but they could've done it better.
Leet

Post by Leet »

IMO Rebellion was a vast improvement over the anime. The thing about the anime is that it didn't really have any themes. It was like, you guys, being a magical girl is bad! Yeah, okay. Now what? Now... you're going to tell us that being a magical girl is bad? It really beats you over the head with that (especially during the annoyingly slow Sayaka storyline), which makes sense for a deconstruction but it didn't have anything else to stand on, leaving Inu Curry's contributions to really add more thematic substance.

Now, Rebellion

takes place almost entirely inside a witch barrier

, so naturally it's going to have Inu Curry's art nigh-constantly. Furthermore, it actually had its own themes like dreams, that it could throw around - yes, throw around, but to good effect.

Another good thing about Rebellion was it actually stated Homura's attraction to Madoka to be love, which saves the series a bit from being yet another "yuri friends" story (one that heavily advertises a lesbian relationship without actually confirming it, this is a massive problem in Japanese media and society that I can't explain concisely in this post) but perhaps even more, is that it

deconstructs Homura's character. Homura in the original series is... well, she's a satellite character. And Rebellion points this out. It is a brutal takedown of the fact that Homura's obsession with Madoka is, indeed, unhealthy. It almost feels like a jab at the fandom, who likes to portray Homura as Madoka's cute girlfriend, so much so that many people thought Homura was acting out of character in Rebellion, when in reality she's only acting out of character when compared to fanfics, not the actual show.

Madoka the anime is a good show, with flaws. But when you add Rebellion into it, it retroactively fixes a lot of those flaws and just... it just really escalates the franchise to a whole new level, honestly.
TheFinalSentinel

Leet wrote:A lot of stuff
You know, I jokingly compared Hamura (E: Hamura? I'm not even fixing that. I'm just gonna add a useless side note here instead duly noting that I noticed that.) to Yuno Gasai early on in the series. Then Rebellion happened.

Anyway, I understand what you mean with all the themes and characterization and stuff, but that's not the point here. It's not where I took issue.
Like I said, the big problem I have was with how the plot flowed toward the end of the movie. It felt to me like they tried to jam 7 different things together at once in the last 20 minutes and it just ended up being a blurry mess. Really had pacing problems to me.