(shouting)

Books & Literature Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Re: Books & Literature Thread

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

I'm trying to find a book that I don't have enough details to really help me find.

It's about a boy who (I think) lives with his aunts, who are witches, and he's a wizard or magic in some way, and he has to go to a magic boarding school. I vaguely remember some part about wind and running track on a field.

And no, it's not Harry Potter.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

I finished The Fault in our Stars this weekend. It was pretty good; the first book to actually make me almost cry. It was weird cause the two main characters were a lot like two of my friends.

I also read The Great Gatsby which I really enjoyed.
dohz

Re: Boooks & Literature Thread

Post by dohz »

Earlier this month I finished reading David Wong’s John Dies at the End and its sequel, This Book Is Full of Spiders. A fantastic blend of comedy and horror, excellent pacing, gah it’s just so fun to read. The next book, Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits, is gonna be released fall next year.
(what sound does the mind make?)
(this, probably)
[/spoiler]
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Oh man I didn't know he was writing another book! I still have to finish the first and catch up!
Ozzy Ment
Resident biologist
First name: A secret to everyone
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ozzy Ment »

Yeah, I'm kind of a sucker for nonhumans, including dragons, as long as the story is good in its own right. My avatar is from a series called Wings of Fire. Some of my other favorites include Guardians of Ga'Hoole (WWII with owls), and The Familars, a series about the magical escapades of a cat, a tree frog, and a blue jay. I did read all the Redwall books, and did like them, but found them to be a bit repetitive. Honestly though, I could go on for quite a while about books I've loved.
This fits me far too well:
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Guardians of Ga'Hoole is awesome. I have the book that contains the first three books. I should probably read it again one time.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

I just finished The Prisoner of Zenda. It's a fun little romp that I'd highly reconmend. The first chapter was unbelievably dry, though, but it really does pick up after that.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I'm starting Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison for English summer work. Anyone read it?