(shouting)

Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Re: Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

Post by docopoper »

Username:
My username is from way back when I was 10 and used 3D Game Maker to make a game (not Gamemaker's 3D - I mean the much simpler tool actually called 3D Game Maker). It prompted me for an author name and I came up with a fictitious company called Docopop and signed it that. Later when I made an account on what is now the YoYo games sandbox I called myself Docopoper as in "a member of Docopop". At this point however I don't really consider Docopop a thing and just consider myself Docopoper independently. The name Docopop came from my ten year old self thinking of Coco Pops and just altering the name a bit. :P In fact it's actually supposed to be pronounced similarly to Coco pops for all you people applying different stresses to parts of my name (though at this point so many people do it that I don't mind).

My avatar is of Tick Tock Clock since it is objectively and in every way possible the best level ever made in any game. :P I took the actual image of it directly from Tick Tock Clock's wiki page.

Signature:
Spoilered in case you would rather have your own interpretation of my Signature.
My signature reflects my love of solipsism and is basically saying that if you are everything then the natural first thing to do is to divide yourself into a 'you' and 'not you' and then to spend all of 'time' observing yourself and thinking that it isn't you. I alluded to this by referencing Plato's Cave and implying that the shadows on the wall are actually of yourself...
As you can tell - I put way too much thought into that signature. xD
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I want to know what raocow's current avatar is.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Looks like a whole bunch of characters combined into a quick gif, I THINK I'm catching a glimpse of somebody from Little Witch Academia but I can't be sure. So quick!

Rao's avatars are always fun because the first time you see it you can't help but tilt your head a little bit.
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

ano0maly wrote:I want to know what raocow's current avatar is.
I think it's the eye of Nui Harime from Kill la Kill from different fanart put in a gif.
Except on frame 5 where it's the eye of Ryuko. Edit: no it's from Nui from this picture.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

My avatar is Alison Brie.
I made it from this gif. I had to ping-pong it to make it loop perfectly, thus why her hair kinda defies gravity at one point.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I added Hina Narukaze from Tobari game.

Also bump
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

So I guess we're doing this now

Name: (repost from other topic)
Mine is somewhat long and complicated. One day in high school, I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep due to having to stay up to finish a project, and I have trouble speaking clearly when I'm tired, so I said something (I don't remember what), and my friend interpreted it as "my name is Hamster Q", so that cought on as my nickname for a while. Then when I was trying to think up a username for a site, I wanted something with "Luna" in it because of a thing I'm working on, and I liked the random Q at the end of Hamster Q, so I came up with "Lunatic Q" which I used for a while. Later, I decided to expand upon the Q, and I thought "Quark" sounded cool and sciency so I went with it.
Avatar: Back when people were changing their avatars to Patchouli in the twitter thread, I went searching for something Touhou related to make a clever avatar out of to be all like "oh man look at me, I have a Touhou, am I doin it right guyz?!!1!?12?!", but along the way I found this Utsuho gif and I liked it so I kept it. Other avatars I commonly use on the interwebz are of Mega Mawile because I think it's pretty awesome, Kyouko from Madoka Magica because I think she's pretty awesome and reminds me of one of my characters, and a sprite fusion of Celebi and Deoxys that I found from I forget where

e: avatar is now a random little Kyouko pic I found

Signature: nothing special really, just a silly little thing I did to test out zalgo text
Last edited by Lunikyuu 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

ok then

Name: from the other thread

Avatar: A (somewhat old) picture of my cat, with Marisa's hat on. Now with changing colours!

Signature: A bit of a song that got stuck in my head.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Name: From some game with a bunnygirl that has a form with large boobs. It's very lewd and raocow would never play such a game.

Avatar: A Koishi with large boobs found on Pixiv

Signature: An American moemon with large boobs. I'm obligated to have such a thing because it exists.
Capnbones

Post by Capnbones »

Name: I'd recently made an undead warrior in WoW and I got to like the name I'd given it. Also semi-inspired by ricesnot's channel, if you're familiar with that (it's got silly videos about bones on it and it's one of my favourite things on youtube)

Sig: From this chapter of Yotsuba&! which is a wonderful manga that all of you should read!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Name: Look it up in the "Your username's story" thread

Avatar: That's my original character, this time as an attorney.

Sig: I'm a fan of Ace Attorney games, so I made a little clichéous reference.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Name:
Kapus wrote:'Kapus' is one of the many random monster unit names in Final Fantasy Tactics. It was retranslated as 'Kapys' in the PSP port.

Had a chocobo unit by that name that I really liked. After playing FFT, I would use the name "Kapus" in other places to honor that chocobo, and eventually I came to adopt the name as my internet alias.
Avatar: Peach getting ready to bake something. Found it somewhere on Nintendo's homepage.

Signature: The sweet ending of Kirby's Dreamland 3. I always use it when plugging my various pages.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Snakebite969 »

Name - see other thread
Avatar - A combination of Touhou and Chuunibyou. I also have a similar one with Remilia saved on my laptop
Signature - The existence of a website. A website better than YouTube.
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
MercuryPenny

Post by MercuryPenny »

Name: My brother's Minecraft account was MemorialDime so we copied that fonmat and made MercuryPenny.
Avatar: Brawl In The Family. hysterical looking
Sig: me
A normal guy, if you can believe it.

Ads: Your ad, hight here, right now: $0 (click this! ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=96389)
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Name: From Ivysaur1996, a dumb username I made when I was an internet babby and it's still used in a lot of websites because I can't come up with anything better. Although, I've moved on to Ivy in a lot of places, or _Ivy_ where that's not an option. That started in IRC.

Avatar: paper mario + demo = great

Sig: Nothing special in there
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Avatar: Did I ever tell how great trees are?
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Name: One time, I was playing Final Fantasy and thought that putting my name, Clément, or for short ,Clem wasn't cool enough so take Clem and blend it with Master and you get Clemaster (the best part is that Clemaster didn't fit so I was named Clemast which sounds stupid as hell). Later, when I joined Youtube, I thought that Clemaster STILL wasn't cool enough so I added "able" at the end for no freaking reason.
Signature: A quote from Sabaton's song "Art of War". It's actually "I will win but never fight: that's the art of war" but I decided change it to "Always win" because screw the rules plus a gif from the MLP(?) thread
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Clemasterable wrote:plus a gif from the MLP(?) thread
Why the question mark?

Also I didn't notice until you pointed it out that you did indeed put that gif in your sig, haha. I like.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

I wasn't sure if it was in the Twitter thread or the MLP one and didn't bother to verify
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Leeroh Zenon
Zetta Slow!

Post by Leeroh Zenon »

My name is the generic one I use in any game where you name the protagonist, and Zenon comes from Overlord Zenon from Disgaea 2.
My avatar is from the cardfight vanguard anime.
Signature is obvious.
3DS FC: 2921-9082-9539
Zatsupachi
Queen of Flaming Mechanical Bees

Post by Zatsupachi »

Username is a composite of 'Zatsuza' and 'Dodonpachi'.
Avatar(as of 5-29-2014) is a random ms paint drawing of a short-haired Cream(character from my comic)
Sig is from a self-attributed thing I do sometimes; whether on-purpose or not.
The [Death] of Jokes.
Youtube: dracmeister
Moddb: precision_bomber

DatLeon

Post by DatLeon »

My name expresses all my creativity and my first name, which is, surprisingly enough, Leon.
My avatar was drawn by a friend of mine a few years ago and I have not changed it since then.
My signature tells you to respect animals. Respect them!
I may be a bunny, but please respect animals too!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

DatLeon wrote:My name expresses all my creativity and my first name, which is, surprisingly enough, Leon.
My avatar was drawn by a friend of mine a few years ago and I have not changed it since then.
My signature tells you to respect animals. Respect them!
The question everyone's dying to ask: Why does your signature say "too" if bunnies are also an animal?
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
DatLeon

Post by DatLeon »

You should not only respect the humankind, but also the... animalkind! I am sure if that signature wasn't there nobody would treat me with respect, just because I am in a bunny suit.
Last edited by DatLeon 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
I may be a bunny, but please respect animals too!
TheKirBro

Post by TheKirBro »

NAME: I love the Kirby franchise. Not much else to it.

AVATAR: I dunno where I found this, but it make me laugh, and it fits with my username.

SIGNATURE: I am also a fan of Klay World, so I wanted to find a funny Klay World gif. This is the only one I could find, but it is kinda funny to me.