(shouting)

Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
midibreak

Re: Where did you get your name/avatar/sig from?

Post by midibreak »

once i was messing around trying to make a midi file and i sort of overlapped an already bad song with screeching and broke it, so it was a broken midi. midibreak.
avatar is of vriska, least favourite troll. what a horrible person. i still like the image.
Shinmera

Post by Shinmera »

I needed a new internet alias a few years back, one that nothing else was associated with, so I googled random names until I got something that didn't sound all too bad and only had three (completely unrelated) results. And there we go.

My avatar is Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden. I like it because it's cheery and makes me smile when I look at it.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

name is from fantasy zone, stage 3 boss
i thought his name sounded funny and neat at the same time

my avatar is leomon, he's my fav digimon
partly because he's a lion (which is my favorite animal, dogs coming in second, sunfishes coming in third)
partly because he's pretty much a bodybuilder with claws, plus a lion head, mane and tail wearing nothing but black pants also he has a sword (i'm a dude that's into other dudes, feel free to imply anything)
partly because he's fucking awesome
sucks that he dies all the time seriously

sig is a pic of leomon that i shat all over with blingee, a sprite of kobabeach from fantasy zone homura from grief syndrome and a leomon sprite (from digimon world ds)

leomon
leoleoleoleoleomon
repoman
reporeporeporeporepoman
repoman
reporeporepo(ry

EDIT: updated info
EDIT 2: info update
Last edited by KobaBeach 11 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Name & avatar are from the original Spyro the Dragon. I was signing up and had a complete mental block on what would be a good name and I didn't like any of my previous screen names. So I went with Spyro the Dragon since it's the first console game I owned, though not the first I played, I think that was Donkey Kong Country 2. On console that is, at least. First game of any kind I remember playing was Lemmings. But I digress.

So I chose to do Spyro and wanted to pick a boss from it. Doctor Shemp's not my favourite but the others had problems:
Toasty: people would think it was a Mortal Kombat reference (or a toasted sandwich reference if you're Aussie)
Blowhard: no. Plus he's not an interesting boss at all IMO.
Metalhead: already a common word.
Jacques: already a name.
Gnasty Gnorc: too obvious.

So that's how I settled on Doctor Shemp.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Alice wrote:My name was actually mostly from the N64 game Mischief Makers. For names on games I had, up until that point, been using an anagram of my own name. Then I got a new classmate whose name was that anagram so I needed a new one. The main enemies in Mischief Makers were Pheonix Gamma, Sasquatch Beta, and Cerberus Alpha. I used the same general naming scheme and came up with Onyx Alpha (named for the black rock onyx) which I typically just shortened to Onyx. The 3173 comes from my employee number at my first job. I thought it was noteworthy because it makes a triangle between 3 of the 4 corner keys on a numpad. This site is actually one of the last places I used this username.
This is no longer accurate since raocow was kind enough to change my username. Alice is from Alice in Wonderland. As I said at the end there, this was one of the last places I used that username. I outgrew it after using it for about 11 years or so. Only one other site I'd want it changed on but it costs money to change it on that site.
krawky398
Location: A room in a building in a state in a country on a planet in a universe

Post by krawky398 »

8flight wrote:I got my username when i was 8. I was playing on neopets because and chose and flying one and then i put 8 and flight together, and the username 8flight sticked with me. I got my sig because i wanted to try to win a 2012 competition but knew i was going to fail miserably fore the best signature.
Wha-such a similar origin to mine! I got mine when I was making a Neopets account when I was 8 as well. I had a Pocket Neopet Krawk at the time, so I decided to base it off that. I ended up taking a slight Steve Irwin inspiration as well and thus I got krawky. But someone took that. The thing suggested krawky398 and I was like "yeah sure, whatever". And now the name is gonna have its tenth birthday in November. They grow up so fast. Q~Q

As for the avatar, it's just a resized image I grabbed from my collection of Sanae images. I just really like Sanae Kochiya.

And the signature, that is nothing, because I didn't put one in there yet. My usual image randomizer I like to use seems a tiny bit obnoxious to use here. But I could also just say screw it and use it anyway.
Owsikuss

Post by Owsikuss »

Name - "owsik" means a threadworm, so "owsikuss" is "threadwormuss" I guess xD (at least I'm original ;p) and it came from a biology class in primary school.
An avatar is from some Fist of the north star and Pokemon crossover ("Pokemon Stadium: Pikachu's Revival" to be exact) just because I like that over-manly pikachu :)
Redbone

Post by Redbone »

Redbone is the name of a common mid-game enemy in an old 2001 indie game called Loonyland. No idea what got me to choose that specific one, but it's the handle I use for everything now!

My avatar is the odd-looking "Games Guru" from the Boy's Life magazine website. Someone linked the image to me and I decided to use it as an avatar. It just sort of stuck with me from then on.
exists on occasion
Hinatediz
AKA Ganbare-Lucifer - Certified Rapa-Nui Random
First name: Frank
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Hinatediz »

Hinatediz is a name for my Conker-Naruto-ish OC... mix between Hinata and Tediz... a prince of the Tediz that is just his appearance like Hinata... but unlike Hinata, he is male, brute and not-shy...

My avatar is Peacock from Skullgirls... a Downloable Fighting Game for PS3 and Xbox 360...

and my sig is random...
ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Hinatediz wrote:Conker-Naruto
i have no words that can express my absolute perplexity at that concept
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

My name comes from the name of the main character of a NaNoWriMo story I failed to finish writing. It was entirely randomly created, though.
My avatar is Angra Mainyu (yes that Angra Mainyu) from the Touhou fangame Touhou Gensoumaroku: The Devil of Decline, which is the sequel to Genius of Sappheiros. It's a pretty nice RPG, in my opinion.
My sig refers to Angra, who is a demon. Of course.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Username: I was at a birthday party, which served birthday cupcakes and we took two home. I was reading to my brother what was the icing on the cupcakes in the dark when we were driving home and I said "Do you want... J Scribble?". (It turned out to be a capital I, which would have me named "Iscribble" or "aiScribble" if I had read it properly) It stuck on me ever since.
HNI_0020.JPG
Avatar: from a Super Marisa World fanart image, which I cut out to only have yoshi-cosplaying Rumia, or in this case "bootleg yoshi".

Signature: Just a common complaint to a very popular website and a suggested solution for it.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
AlexanderXCIII

Post by AlexanderXCIII »

My avatar is, well, something I found after googling "avatars", and happens to actually work.

My name is simply my middle name, which I tend to use whenever a game lets me name the player, followed by my birth year in roman numerals.

My signature... One time I tried selling it to the Emperor, but then some kid interfered and the whole thing kind of blew up in my face. I'm not sure why I still keep it around. :roll:
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

Name is one i use for almost everything now, came from an old nickname I had and then one day I added tron to it because everything is better with robots
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
cynderfyre
First name: willow
Pronouns: she/her

Post by cynderfyre »

I got my name because it sounded neat and I wanted a somewhat different one than I'd used previously. My avatar is just a screenshot of some sort of glitch that happened while playing a rom hack (can't remember which one now), and my signature basically just describes how I feel about the world.
yo.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Name : I wanted a new internet handle and I was like "how about Dollop of Mayo" and then I made it my internet handle

Avatar : http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/

Sig : Some crap I came up with and it stuck oh and I guess it has a link to a website I used to update on the regular for about a month 2 years ago
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
Deidara Iwahara

Post by Deidara Iwahara »

My username is totally not a Naruto character and the surname i gave him for a high school AU, that would be silly.

I drew my avatar.

My sig's from Butterfingers ads? I don't even know.
Crispity Crunchity Peanut Buttery
Redsy

Post by Redsy »

Redsy derived as a nickname from my old username, which was "RedUmbrella". That's because umbrellas are like my favouritest things ever, especially red ones. They're pretty.

My avatar is a picture of Himari Takakura from Mawaru Penguindrum (aka the best anime of all time), and I changed the background to pink and recoloured her to make it look not awful.

I have a signature I'd like to use, but I'm pretty sure it's too big, so I won't. ._.
Tange9t

Post by Tange9t »

Username is derived from a nickname version of my usual username. TheyAreNext -> Tan -> Tangent + Cirno = Tange9t. Not sure why I used it to sign up here, but there ya go.

Avatar is a thang a friend made as a TF2 spray out of Hatate, because them missing textures.

Signature is technically a Warhammer reference I SUPPOSE, though I mostly use it because them there meme thangs.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, etc.
Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman »

I couldn't think of an original name, plus I like 8-bit music/16-bit music and old NES/SNES games such as (you guessed it) Super Mario World.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

It's definitely a good username if it doesn't contain random numbers.
O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Post by O'Largill »

My avatar is a super cute catboy because I am a super cute catboy.
Dollmaker found here.
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

Mine's the logo from the New Orleans World Fair, way back in the day. I'm from Louisiana and I think it's kickin'.

EDIT: I have literally no idea how I missed the name/sig part of this topic, haha! My name is a combination of two weird nicknames my dad gave me when I was younger. I don't have a sig yet, so... yeah.
Last edited by zmonbobbo 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
I'm probably driving right now.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

I made my username about six years ago, and I've been using it ever since. :P It's basically a combination of Louie from Pikmin 2 and Jubjub back when I used to play Neopets. XD

My avatar is basically a phrase that I randomly came up one day, and I adopted it as an alternate title for myself, I guess. It's "The Guy On Top Of The Phone Booth", and the picture is just... me... on a phone booth... looking at the ocean. EPIC.

wats a signature
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Tobari Amahane from Tobari and the Night of the Curious Moon.

Also since this got deleted: you can upload some avatar/signature images on a site online, and then link those images at http://www.signavatar.com/. Then you get to have those images shuffled around whenever you load the signavatar image link.

The site might experience downtimes occasionally (like this moment).