(shouting)

Last movie you watched?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
frickinawesum

Last movie you watched?

Post by frickinawesum »

Oh man, i watched Alice in Wonderland a couple of weeks ago and i think it wasn't bad but dunno what happened there that it kinda lacked some of that Burton's magic doses of insanity, like the VFX were great and stuff, even watched it in 3D (:3), but for some reason i didn't find them as astounding and/or 'special' as i thought they would be /:

The story weeell, it was weird indeed, considering that it was the continuity of the Alice in Wonderland first adventure, and it had a really good cast that helped in the development of the plot. Ever seen the 'In Treatment' TV series? well that's our not-so-little-anymore Alice haha and she is amazing in the role of Sophie :O
While watching the movie I didn't get bored or anything, still i ended up considering just a plain ok. What ya think?
blep.
LightSlei

Re: Last movie you watched?

Post by LightSlei »

Some Jethro Tull thing.

The Problem with Alice In Wonderland was that there was a gigantic built up to a climax that just fell flat. Easily the worst fight scene I've EVER seen.
paste

Post by paste »

Kick-Ass

I thought it was great! I was getting kind of jaded on movies, but now I'm excited, especially to see the Scott Pilgrim movie, even though it doesn't come out for a while. Anyway, Kick-Ass really broke away from the standard movie template of how scenes go and what's to be expected from them. It was really moving. The only problem I had with it was
the moral absolutism. The fact that Hit Girl and Big Daddy would just remorselessly kill anyone was kind of unsettling.
Other than that, I thought it was terrific and would recommend it to anyone.
Love, paste
BARF!
frickinawesum

Post by frickinawesum »

oh man i so want to watch the Kick-Ass movie!! but it hasn't come out where i live..bah
i just had to restrain myself from reading that spoiler haha i've heard it does break standards like this movie called Zombieland? although i didn't watch it i've heard it was really good

Been wanting to watch Iron-man2 but hmm i just don't know, i've heard good and bad commentaries about it, pesonally i dont think the story will be good enough.. i mean an evil iron man baddie too? that's just too spiderman
LightSlei wrote: The Problem with Alice In Wonderland was that there was a gigantic built up to a climax that just fell flat. Easily the worst fight scene I've EVER seen.
Hey that's right! i think you actually pin-point the thing, it was really anti-climatic /:
blep.
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu

Post by joeyjoejoejrshabbadu »

How to Train Your Dragon.

It's 5 a.m. and anything I say will be incoherent, but in a nutshell, I love pretty much everything about this movie.
A top secret document has been left behind the floor!
paste

Post by paste »

SayAnything wrote:On the other end of the spectrum, the group I went with to see Kick Ass all agreed that we would each like our $7.50 back for the terrible movie.
$7.50?! Where do you guys live, the 1940's?
Love, paste
BARF!
frickinawesum

Post by frickinawesum »

O.O holy jeeee!
That's like way to expensive, did you like went to a 3D+VIP+premium+platinum+whatnot show?

Man, I would also be that pissed off and would have liked my money back if hadn't liked the movie /: I've paid like $4.80 for the most expensive movie ticket at my place and that would only include 3D
blep.
paste

Post by paste »

That's crazy. I have to pay like 9 bucks for the matinee! 3D is like 16 bucks or something.
Love, paste
BARF!
kilon

Post by kilon »

I haven't been to the movies in a while, but I believe it's 8 euro's here. And 9 for 3D.

Maybe I'm gonna see this new Robin Hood coming out May 13th. Don't know for sure though as I wonder if it isn't yet another boring remake.
frickinawesum

Post by frickinawesum »

bahahah oh and i thought 7.50 was too expensive
i definitely wouldn't go to the movies with you, my friend, unless of course you invited me or something haha xD

also, i just watched Scott Pilgrim's trailer cause really i had no idea of that movie and it looks.. interesting.. and weird. i think i recognized that guy from the movie Juno?
Kpok!
blep.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

The last movie I watched was Highlander, I really don't keep up-to-date with the current releases of films... or games or music or any media actually.

also I think that one of the mainstream cinemas near me it's something like £5 - £9.
and I think that in the art house cinema near me it's something like £8 - £17, though in that one you do get obscure films, subtitles instead of dubs, big arm chair things instead of crappy seats and no annoying kids or other annoying stuff.

that art house cinema recently did a showing of the whole lord of the rings trilogy back to back, I was going to go but I would probably die...
kilon

Post by kilon »

Alright, now I wanted to know so I looked it up:

Normal: Ranging from €8,80 to €9.50 depending on ordering it online or at the box office
In the morning (before noon): €5,00

Imax (3D)
Normal: €11,80 to €12,50
In the morning: €7,80

Unlimited for one month (normal only): €18,00

Now I remember why I barely go to the movies at all.
Terribly expensive.
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu

Ticket prices depend on the theatre here. The two nearest my house are either $5-ish or $8, $10-ish for 3D. There's also the "dollar" theatre which is closer to $2 these days, but you have to wait for the movie to run its course in the normal theatres before seeing it there. And yeah, concession prices are exorbitant, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would spend $3 on a little candy bar.

Dangit Firefox, acknowledge British spellings.
frickinawesum

Post by frickinawesum »

SayAnything wrote:like any movie theater they get you with the concessions.
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu wrote:And yeah, concession prices are exorbitant, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would spend $3 on a little candy bar.
For REAL! it's well known now that you spend more on food -popcorn, soda, candy, slurpees and whatnot- at the movie theater then for the actual movie, the business of it is right there, it's insane! although they 'disguise' the thing with combos and stuff you end up spending more than you planned

when going to the movies i just buy the ticket and go straight to the seats, no lining up at the candy bar, no popcorn, no cravings ;_;
blep.
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu

Same here. If I need to eat something during the movie, I'll buy it somewhere else and sneak it in >_>

On-topic: watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame (the Disney cartoon) last night. That's like my favorite Disney movie, it makes me sad that no one acknowledges its existence.
frickinawesum

Post by frickinawesum »

woah, I haven't seen that movie since like... wheeeew i dunno! although i'm not much of a Disney fan, i think i've managed to see all of them "Classics". However, I didn't like The Princess and the Frog that much, wouldn't actually consider it part of the Princess classics now.. it was clearly an attempt to bring 2D traditional animation back again, but totally failed right there /:
blep.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I watched (the new) Robin Hood yesterday.

It was pretty good. I'm somewhat disappointed that it wasn't focused on the outlaw part, but that has been used quite often already, so I do understand it.
It did match the history though (apart from one thing) so that's nice.

I would give it a 7.5/10, maybe an 8.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

In theaters, also the Robin Hood movie. Wasn't what I was expecting at all (Robin Hood Begins, eh?) but it was better than I thought it'd be.

Last night I watched Flash Point with Donnie Yen, who as it turns out is basically a super awesome kung fu action dude that's huge in China but who I'd barely heard of. I guess he was the villain in Shanghai Nights. But yeah, kick ass movie and I'm gonna try to find more Donnie Yen stuff.
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
frickinawesum

Post by frickinawesum »

Yes! finally went to the movies and was going to watch Clash of the Titans in 3D, but we didn't get to the last show in time sooo my friend and I also watched Robin Hood instead...

And welll... just as you guys say, it wasn't as great as I've heard, at least in my opinion it went kind of slow-paced at the beginning and got annoyingly confusing several times /: There were parts in the movie that were either dumb or hideously cliché..and just as my friend said: after watching LoTR, there is hardly any battle and/or VFX that can impress me anymore

Also, this movie made me want to read or dig deeper into history (which I just try to avoid as much as possible, not one of my greatest subjects S: ) to see how close to the facts it really is, though I'm betting I just won't do that
blep.
DeMoSTRs

Post by DeMoSTRs »

American Splendor, which is sorta like a more recent Crumb.
Una4ever

Post by Una4ever »

Oh right! I watched that new Twilight movie - Eclipse! It was awesome!! Gonna go see it again now Ü
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

In the cinema the last movie I saw was The Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time.
I liked the movie but it really doesn't have much substance.

On my laptop the last movie I saw was Daybreakers.
A vampire movie set in the future where blood supplies [i.e. humans] are running out
and something needs to be done.
Yeah... the movie was ok... I probably wont watch it again. Gory in places and the end is
a tad up in the air for my liking but the idea was good.
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill
Pronouns: kunself/you

Post by RikunFrances »

The Last Airbender.
It was...okay. The graphics were nice, the acting made me die inside.
The characters were bland, the acting got a little better near the end, and it all together felt too rushed for my tastes.