irc.cat.biosmw centralmario fan games galaxy

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Slimeman01
Having trouble balancing life. Oh well, more Pokemon for me!
First name: Matthew Hunger
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Slimeman01 » 2 months ago

Just starter playing WarioWare Mega Microgame$, and it's pree good!
My Shoddy Youtube
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 months ago

I'm getting close to an end in World of Final Fantasy. Doubt it's the actual one though.

Zyglrox Odyssey

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 2 months ago

Pokémon Emerald with nothing but bugs and a Feebas for Surf and without buying healing items became a lot more reasonable a goal once Anorith came around and things started learning their good moves. I think I'm at the Aqua Hideout part now? Last plot thing I did was the Magma Hideout I think but then I zoned out and wound up gathering soot up on Route 113 to get all the flutes. >_>

Also I picked up Crash Team Racing again from a fresh save to unlock everything legit and do a 101% run I think? Pretty sure I read somewhere all platinum relics gets you an extra 1%, I dunno, ANYWAY who the heck decided Slide Colosseum's times? I should not be beating the platinum relic time by 30+ seconds, that's absurd. 25 on Tiny Arena? Okay, that's a long track, a bit of leniency is reasonable. Slide Colosseum isn't even that long though? >_>
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 2 months ago

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Pokémon Emerald with nothing but bugs and a Feebas for Surf and without buying healing items became a lot more reasonable a goal once Anorith came around and things started learning their good moves. I think I'm at the Aqua Hideout part now? Last plot thing I did was the Magma Hideout I think but then I zoned out and wound up gathering soot up on Route 113 to get all the flutes. >_>
Also I picked up Crash Team Racing again from a fresh save to unlock everything legit and do a 101% run I think? Pretty sure I read somewhere all platinum relics gets you an extra 1%, I dunno, ANYWAY who the heck decided Slide Colosseum's times? I should not be beating the platinum relic time by 30+ seconds, that's absurd. 25 on Tiny Arena? Okay, that's a long track, a bit of leniency is reasonable. Slide Colosseum isn't even that long though? >_>
You should try mono-bug in gen 7. It's actually fun now.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | NNID: Ivysaur1996 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

Zyglrox Odyssey

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 2 months ago

Ivy wrote:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Pokémon Emerald with nothing but bugs and a Feebas for Surf and without buying healing items became a lot more reasonable a goal once Anorith came around and things started learning their good moves. I think I'm at the Aqua Hideout part now? Last plot thing I did was the Magma Hideout I think but then I zoned out and wound up gathering soot up on Route 113 to get all the flutes. >_>
You should try mono-bug in gen 7. It's actually fun now.
Oh I plan to. :p
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ashan
It's easier than you think to look pioneer .
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 2 months ago

I played through The Last Guardian this weekend.

The controls are janky as hell, and the framerate is even worse, but I'll be damned if I didn't get invested by the end.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 months ago

Beat World of Final Fantasy yesterday. Throw it in the mix for one of my favorite games released last year. Great RPG that brings back memories of the good old days and has a lot of sidequests that I enjoyed. Some areas go on a bit too long, but there are ways to counter the tedium that weren't available to me in the previous two Final Fantasy games I played. Definitely worth it if you liked the FF4-FF9 style of gameplay... and Pokémon since the whole idea of this one is to capture foes which turn them to your side.

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

Postby SAJewers » 1 month ago

Started playing Megaman CX. Not bad after 2 levels, though one of the bosses was a bit tedious to beat.
DO NOT PM ME ABOUT A SECOND MARIO BROS X. THING. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO PMs.
Head over to the ASMBXT Forums and join the discssion, or submit levels!

Jayoshi
I hate this avatar
First name: Jay
Pronouns: Male

Postby Jayoshi » 1 month ago

Ashan wrote:I played through The Last Guardian this weekend.

The controls are janky as hell, and the framerate is even worse, but I'll be damned if I didn't get invested by the end.
I remember hearing the notion that The Last Guardian is a PS4 game, with the graphics of a PS3 game, and the control scheme of a PS2 game. However, still team Ico, so it's not all bad.
The visions dancing in my mind
The early dawn, the shades of time
Twilight crawling through my windowpane
Am I awake or do I dream?

Ashan
It's easier than you think to look pioneer .
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 1 month ago

Jayoshi wrote:
Ashan wrote:I played through The Last Guardian this weekend.

I remember hearing the notion that The Last Guardian is a PS4 game, with the graphics of a PS3 game, and the control scheme of a PS2 game. However, still team Ico, so it's not all bad.
I don't think that's fair to PS2 games.
The controls of Ico and SotC were clunky/awkward until you learned them, but you could tell it was intentional because they wanted the characters to control human-y, as in, they'd stumble around and whatnot. So I expected that with The Last Guardian, but literally the first room in the game is the perfect demonstration of how downright broken the running around is. The kid will straight up get stuck on the spot and start running in place. It's bizarre.

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

Finished Mega Man CX. Despite the insane difficulty (this was SUPER HARD), I was able to appreciate it, and kinda liked it. Do recommend.

RSuper
The Mario with different outfits
First name: Rahmah
Pronouns: she/her

Postby RSuper » 1 month ago

I'm about to finish GBA Yoshi's Island, it's my favorite game tho.

Previous played:
-GBA Mario World
-GBA Mario Bros 2(rarely)
-Yoshi's Story
-Mario 64
ImageImageImage
AKA RSupertheGreat,RSuper cheerPOPStar

CrappyBlueLuigi
a blue guy whatsit
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby CrappyBlueLuigi » 1 month ago

over the past month, i've spent a lot of time playing DKC2 with my sister. i beat the game for the first time only a couple of weeks ago, and following that i 100%ed it in a second runthrough. i always liked the DKC games, but now that i've beaten diddy's kong-quest, i think it might be one of my favorite games of all time.

we haven't gotten our DKC fill, so i'm currently looking into getting tropical freeze at some point for the two of us to play.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!

MoneyMan

Postby MoneyMan » 1 month ago

I played Lisa the Painful recently. I don't think I've ever played a game with such an oppressive atmosphere. It's p damn good (tho not a huge fan of how almost all the bosses are p much "hitstun them until they die or they knock you out in one hit"). Gonna start Lisa the Joyful soon.

YelseyKing
Meow what are you looking at?
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 1 month ago

I decided to give Psychonauts a try, since I kept seeing ads for it on the installer window every time I installed a GOG game, and I've heard it was pretty good.

It's every bit as good as its fans say it is. I'm very much enjoying it. It's so delightfully strange. It's a shame how it sold so poorly, when damn near everyone, as I've heard, loved it, critics and players alike.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
Episode 6 is on!

Zyglrox Odyssey

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 1 month ago

Zyglrox Odyssey, [url=http://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=732&p=244913#p244913]October 2014[/url] wrote:I've been meaning to go back and [beat Omega Weapon] myself, actually. Last time I played through FFVIII I tried that fight once and immediately gave up after watching my entire party take like 12000 damage in one attack.
Over two years later...

I dunno that I'd go so far as to call it 'hard' even honestly - certainly harder than I'd have ever been able to manage as the dumb kid I was on my first run, but once you work out a good setup and strategy he really can't do a whole hell of a lot to threaten you. As long as you like, think, and stay at all focused on the video game in front of you he's really not all he's cracked up to be imo.
I still enjoyed myself, mind you, but I was ready for a fight thrice that length. >:p
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

Picked up Double Draogn IV on Steam. It's not bad, though I feel as if I would appreciate it more if I was more nostalgic for the Series.

YelseyKing

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:I dunno that I'd go so far as to call it 'hard' even honestly - certainly harder than I'd have ever been able to manage as the dumb kid I was on my first run, but once you work out a good setup and strategy he really can't do a whole hell of a lot to threaten you. As long as you like, think, and stay at all focused on the video game in front of you he's really not all he's cracked up to be imo.
I still enjoyed myself, mind you, but I was ready for a fight thrice that length. >:p
The funniest part about Omega Weapon, which I learned from the FF Wiki last time I played FF8, is that he follows an extremely rigid script: He'll *always* use the same attacks in the same order, so you can prepare for them ahead of time once you know what that order is. Made the fight an absolute joke. :P

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 month ago

SAJewers wrote:Picked up Double Draogn IV on Steam. It's not bad, though I feel as if I would appreciate it more if I was more nostalgic for the Series.
To be fair, I only like a few of them myself. II, Super, and Neon were great. This one feels like it's basically a sequel to II from what I've seen, plus I already got a decent brawler in River City: Tokyo Rumble. Well, I might check it out eventually.
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Omega Weapon
Glad you beat it the normally and not by using super-overpowered Selphie. She can one-shot it with a limit break called The End. It's so much more fun fighting him the natural way.

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

Bean wrote:
SAJewers wrote:Picked up Double Draogn IV on Steam. It's not bad, though I feel as if I would appreciate it more if I was more nostalgic for the Series.
To be fair, I only like a few of them myself. II, Super, and Neon were great. This one feels like it's basically a sequel to II from what I've seen, plus I already got a decent brawler in River City: Tokyo Rumble. Well, I might check it out eventually.
All I've played is the Original DD and DD: Neon, and I really liked Neon. It just seems like fans of the series would it enjoy it a lot more then those who haven't really touched the prior games.

YelseyKing

Huh. I know a "Super Double Dragon IV" was released in a *very* unfinished state on SNES. Is that the same game, and if so, did they finish it?

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

Zyglrox Odyssey

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 1 month ago

YelseyKing wrote:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:I dunno that I'd go so far as to call it 'hard' even honestly - certainly harder than I'd have ever been able to manage as the dumb kid I was on my first run, but once you work out a good setup and strategy he really can't do a whole hell of a lot to threaten you. As long as you like, think, and stay at all focused on the video game in front of you he's really not all he's cracked up to be imo.
The funniest part about Omega Weapon, which I learned from the FF Wiki last time I played FF8, is that he follows an extremely rigid script: He'll *always* use the same attacks in the same order, so you can prepare for them ahead of time once you know what that order is. Made the fight an absolute joke. :P
My favorite part is the one where after his 9998-damage attack he follows up with a percent-damage attack that can't finish you off and an attack that'll wipe your party from full health anyway if you don't block it and take 0 damage.
My second-favorite part is the one where he actually can break pattern a bit and just run up and punch your dudes and tht's somehow his most dangerous attack because everything else is so predictable and controlled. :p
Bean wrote:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Omega Weapon
Glad you beat it the normally and not by using super-overpowered Selphie. She can one-shot it with a limit break called The End. It's so much more fun fighting him the natural way.
Wait that even kills Omega??? I knew it worked on pretty much everything else (and it's how I wound up beating Diablos right after getting the lamp >_>) but I figured at least freaking Omega Weapon would get a pass on that. Jeez.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

YelseyKing

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Wait that even kills Omega??? I knew it worked on pretty much everything else (and it's how I wound up beating Diablos right after getting the lamp >_>) but I figured at least freaking Omega Weapon would get a pass on that. Jeez.
It works on *everything*. That's why it only very rarely comes up (I've played the game at least five or six times, and seen The End maybe twice... though admittedly I don't use Selphie very much). That said, it doesn't outright end the final battle. It just moves it to the next phase. (I imagine it would also have the same effect on any other sequential battle. Such as if you managed to get it to come up in the fight with Biggs and Wedge atop the Comms Tower; it'd *probably* just spawn Elvoret. But I don't know for sure.)

Moists:

Episode 6 is on!

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

YelseyKing wrote:
Huh. I know a "Super Double Dragon IV" was released in a *very* unfinished state on SNES. Is that the same game, and if so, did they finish it?
Doubt it:

Jayoshi
I hate this avatar
First name: Jay
Pronouns: Male

Postby Jayoshi » 1 month ago

Just started playing Freedom Planet, man that game has a lot of content. I'm certainly enjoying every bit I can get out of it, and I've only beaten the second stage at this point.
The visions dancing in my mind
The early dawn, the shades of time
Twilight crawling through my windowpane
Am I awake or do I dream?

Return to “the cartridgé”