(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by KobaBeach »

Felt like playing through Astal so I did

The game is amazing in terms of graphics and music
My one gripe with it was that the level designs made me feel like I was playing Brutal Mario
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Finished the main story of Arkham Knight.
If you haven't played the game, probably all you heard about it was that it had a bad PC port which I won't argue with (although I didn't really have any problems aside from one crash like 18 hours in), but it's also super fun and probably my favorite in the series. I'll probably continue to get some of the side stuff done.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Playing some of the original Perfect Dark with my bro on his 360. Game looks better, still sounds great, and makes me miss wider-open levels in shooters than what we usually get nowadays. It's easy to get lost at times, but I still have some muscle memory on this one.
SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Post by SnackJackSJ »

Currently in the process of playing a fairly recent Rom Hack from SMWCentral on my channel by Gamma V. Bowser's Cataclysmic Quest. Loving that so far.

As well as destroying my own face in attempt to play Binding of Isaac: Rebirth... That's not going so well. My face is thoroughly disfigured.
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

I'm seriously considering restarting Tales of the Abyss. After skimming some FAQs, it looks like I've missed a *lot* so far. I suppose I could technically wait for New Game+, but if I have to choose between progress or missed stuffs, I usually pick the latter. Not the first time I've restarted a game for that reason, won't be the last. Fortunately the game is fun enough that I don't mind.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Animita
Pronouns: Him/Her

Post by Animita »

PIcked up 100% orange juice.
Let me sum it up with an image.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

So I actually don't know if what I did before is the "real" beating the game, but if not I actually got the credits now.
The game ends really weird, I'm not sure if you're supposed to consider "beating the game" when you complete the main storyline, or when you get the last cutscene with the credits. Cause I didn't even know you could do that, but I did it now.
There's basically 3 endings you can get, one which is completing the main storyline which doesn't even have any credits or anything interesting really, one where you complete like 7 of the side missions I think? And then one when you complete the game 100%.
I would have done 100% if it wasn't for the stupid Riddler trophies. I had done basically everything else but there's like a million of them and I don't even want to think about the backtracking. So I just got the first 2 endings, and then looked up the cutscene for the final ending.
Riddler trophies are stupid.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Animita wrote:PIcked up 100% orange juice.
Let me sum it up with an image.
That's quite the understatement you have there.
Last edited by TheFinalSentinel 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Only 3 levels left to go in VIP 1. They are So Sadistic, it's Dreadful!, MissingNo. and bowser's castle (whatever its in-game name is)

im so surprised i made it this far
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I finally figured out how to update my graphics drivers. Now I can play Soldexus and all those Steam games that did not work for me before, since I was missing hardware acceleration.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

YelseyKing wrote:I'm seriously considering restarting Tales of the Abyss. After skimming some FAQs, it looks like I've missed a *lot* so far. I suppose I could technically wait for New Game+, but if I have to choose between progress or missed stuffs, I usually pick the latter. Not the first time I've restarted a game for that reason, won't be the last. Fortunately the game is fun enough that I don't mind.
Tales games are notorious for permanently miss-able stuff. Finish your first run, then use a guide to get them on New Game+. That's what I do.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Kukironosuke
You can call me Kuki
First name: Travis
Pronouns: he/him/kirbys

Post by Kukironosuke »

I'm playing Pokemon uranium, I liked omicron/zeta/insurgence for the most part, I hope this one just as fun
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I've been playing Terraria 1.3. Expert mode is seriously challenging. I finally beat Eye of Cthulhu and Eater of Worlds (absolutely destroyed is a better description actually, I took him down in less than a minute with my vilethorn) tonight after failing against eater several times. (Oddly by the time I fought the eye I managed to barely scape past with a win.) Got all the way down to hell and got a full molten set so I'm hoping to defeat Skeletron next. I also had a fight against King Slime but it destroyed me because it apparently can teleport to your location now. So if you run away from it to try and heal it teleports on to your while if you stay near it you get swarmed by the slimes it generates. It's actually kinda unfortunate because if it hadn't teleported on to me the moment it did I might have been able to defeat it. I had only 6 seconds left on my option cooldown and it only had about 600hp left. I have significantly better equipment now though. I was just using a minishark and wearing silver armor with a mining helmet. Now I'm wearing full molten and I'm mostly making use of magic because with my current setup a mythic vilethorn is actually quite powerful plus I have a fire imp summon staff on top of that. (Also I have a worm scarf equipped now which is a very significant buff.)

Considering how much of a pain the underworld is on expert mode though I'm really not looking forward to the pain in the ass that is the dungeon. The dungeon is a chore on normal mode with in hard mode and pre-hard mode as it is. Normally if I die in hell it's due to me slipping into lava from bad aim or an enemy knocking me into it. In addition to a few of those I had like 6-7 enemy related deaths while I was there. I don't normally die too many times in the dungeon, if at all, but I commonly come very close due to the potion cooldown so I have a feeling I'm going to die quite a few times on my trip down there. Main objective even going down there is to get a cobalt shield because holy hell is knockback irritating as hell with the advanced creature AI on expert mode.
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

Tastes Like Spelunky. Wow, this is a really good game mod.
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
Leet

Post by Leet »

Leet wrote:Only 3 levels left to go in VIP 1. They are So Sadistic, it's Dreadful!, MissingNo. and bowser's castle (whatever its in-game name is)

im so surprised i made it this far
the luck-based nigh impossible green springy thing jump is making me want to use a savestate because wow that is garbage
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Played through and finished off Sonic Colors (DS) over the last few nights. It's got that patented Dimps design. In other words, the game is mostly fun but also loves to introduce multiple gimmicks in single levels. These gimmicks eventually turn into a life or lose scenario, usually on the final checkpoint, and they sometimes are a first-seen deal. Not fun to have a good run end because there's a giant killer drill chasing you out of nowhere. Stuff like that.

Anyway, it happened. The Wii version's definitely the better of the two. I'd say this game, which is really Sonic Rush 3 with a different name, is probably the weakest of the Sonic DS offerings.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Super Crate Box is affected by a Game Maker sound bug that causes frequent crashes in Windows 8 D:
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

I picked up three whole games on Steam recently.

Super Time Force Ultra: Great!! It's super fun! I just knew platformers and time travel went well together! And somehow, just somehow, all the jokes hit even when you think they shouldn't. You can play as a skateboarding dinosaur. Recommended!

The Talos Principle: I like it! It's a pretty unique puzzle game that is constantly using new mechanics in newer ways! AND with some philosophy thrown on top? A+. Recommended if you like puzzle games.

The Masterplan: It's okay! It's basically just a top down heist simulator. It does its job, let you feel all cool when things go right, but kind of limited? And also not exactly polished. Nonetheless, recommended. But it didn't tell me I couldn't fit more than four people in a truck and I was kind of sad.
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Nathan the Talkmaus

80% of the Spelunky mods I downloaded crash before getting to the load screen, so I'm stuck with Tastes Like Spelunky (the most-acclaimed mod anyway) and vanilla Spelunky Classic.
Solaris
flowercuco
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Solaris »

i kind of like final fantasy fourteen

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I cannot play FF14 without some awful lag and I don't know why

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

I tried playing it, but then school hit me hard so I stopped and never went back.
I've been considering giving it another go one of these days, but I don't feel like dedicating the time and money to an MMO would work out.
Nathan the Talkmaus

Last new Final Fantasy I played was Dawn of Souls. Last new non-remake Final Fantasy I played was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
Leet

Post by Leet »

I have never played more than small amounts of final fantasy games

I do plan to change that eventually though
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i still have to finish FFIX shit

Made it to 6-5 in Yoshi's Island

I 100%ed World 5 and I was trying to 100% Extra 5 and it was kinda annoying so I was like "I'll just end up sucking away any fun if I keep doing it like this so why not just play it normally" and I stopped caring about 100%s, even on Normal levels and it's been a ton of fun
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*