(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by pholtos »

So family got Mario Maker.

Day one opinions:
Stuff takes too long to be unlocked.
No layers or events. Meh.
Top rated levels are mostly automatic levels. Hmph.

Overall I prefer smbx/pge and romhacks to Mario Maker 9 times out of 10. Out of respect for my family I have not mentioned these thoughts to them.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

pholtos wrote:So family got Mario Maker.

Day one opinions:

Overall I prefer smbx/pge and romhacks to Mario Maker 9 times out of 10. Out of respect for my family I have not mentioned these thoughts to them.
Having gotten it today, I share these sentiments
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

So, the dumbest thing ever just happened to me in Persona Q.

I was finishing up a floor in the dungeon, getting ready to call it and go finally try out Xenoblade X. However, I notice that I unlocked another golden boss quest, so I think to myself "I'll just see what it's got. I'll probably die in like 3 turns anyway."

I go in with my Z team, which I was taking with me through the dungeon in order to get them back up to speed. I use Tentarafoo with Yosuke since I don't know what else to do with him.

It sticks.
For like, 20 turns.

So I'm hammering away at this giant thing, and it's busy punching itself in the face while getting a couple lucky hits on MC, taking out both my Endure, and my Scapegoat. Crits everywhere, All-Outs up the ass, I get it down to the last sliver of health and think to myself, "This is so sad. I was down to the wire on the last golden boss with my A team, and Z team here still isn't completely there yet. Wow."

He comes out of panic and I don't notice.

Guardian Machine's eyes start shining

Oh crap, I'm low on health and now the panic finally fell off and he's charging up something. Better heal.

Mind Charge to Megidolaon. Wipes my entire full healed, mostly defending party. Except Chie. She still had an endure. Risky mode though.

The thing had like, 2 or 3 turns worth of health left. Literally a couple pixels. And that happens.
I went in there expecting to die immediately. Never expected to go that far. I almost won that WITH MY Z TEAM. And that happens.
Time for Xenoblade X I guess. Image
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

pholtos wrote:So family got Mario Maker.

Day one opinions:

Also having gotten Mario Maker, I do agree as well.
Though it's also easy to use... but bosses will mostly end up rather stale compared to SMBX bosses.
Events and layers are going to beat many, if not all, of the creative applications of Mario Maker. I'm still going to have my fun with it, though. Maybe it'll bring my level appearance up to par.

(And then there's Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I'm definitely going to have a good time with)
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I've been playing Bunny Must Die on and off for a while (like it seems I do with many games), and got stuck at Lord Pumpkish for the longest time. Cue a number of restarts and after a few dozen hilariously ill-fated attempts at Crazed El Bobonboi as a distraction, I finally watched some of raocow's BMD series and realized I was going through the game with ridiculously few items. Apparently, I suck at finding things in BMD :/

I went around and got as many items as I could find, and finally beat Pumpkish after a dozen tries, and then proceeded to lay waste to Choker Joker and Halloween Alice in only a couple of tries. Now I'm at the final area, before the last boss. Good times.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Cleared Custom Robo Arena because I usually play a game that I used to love during December and I gotta admit, the game still holds up to my expectations, especially the soundtrack.

I really need to try out the Gamecube game.

Also I pretty much cleared almost every backlogged game... except Undertale.

The thought alone fills me with determination.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

So I started up Super Mario Galaxy again after taking a short break.

Only one star left before playing the game again as Luigi. Unfortunately, it's the purple coins on the 8-bit Luigi.
URGH
TheFinalSentinel

No Lynch wrote:So I started up Super Mario Galaxy again after taking a short break.

Only one star left before playing the game again as Luigi. Unfortunately, it's the purple coins on the 8-bit Luigi.
URGH
I honestly never found that one to be that bad. Always had more trouble with Daredevil Bouldergeist.
Just jump around a lot and you'll have plenty of room left.

...well, there are the clusters of coins hanging out over pits. Those are a pain.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

No Lynch wrote:So I started up Super Mario Galaxy again after taking a short break.

URGH
The only purple coin challenge I enjoyed TBH, just because it was hard, but doable. Like, once you have that winning run done you feel like you're a great player.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

To those of you who have played .hack G.U. in the past, I have begun the forest of pain, up through 15.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and I'm so fucking confused

I'll need to move my Wii U back to the big TV so I can see wtf is going on but the Internet sux in that room.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

I finished Soul Blazer, finally. Pretty good game. Final boss is a little easy though. The ending is way better than Illusion of Gaia's lame ending. Now I can focus on Secret of Mana.
TheFinalSentinel

On that note, I think I'll give that copy of Dawn of Mana I picked up yesterday a shot.
FluffiMasta wrote:"have fun"
You see, I believe THIS is the part where you say your line. Image
At least I've heard it's supposed to have a good soundtrack. I mean, it IS Seiken Densetsu.

I still need to go back and beat SoM, but that can wait. Never got far in so I'd just end up restarting anyway.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

alright, "have fun" I guess.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I'm playing Captain Toad.

Toad is the worst character
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

*pants*
Floor... 50... 50... to go...
Whee~

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Bedlam
mega cool super
First name: [insert word]lam
Pronouns: guy/man/bob.

Post by Bedlam »

Picked up Xenoblade X with my christmas money, and I'm a little dissapointed with it. I figured the combat would be like a hack-and-slash or third-person shooter depending on the weapon you pick, but it's just a semi-turn based thing. It's not horrible, but I was hoping for something else. I'll still play it because it's still kinda fun, but the fact you can't dodge or run away from anything is annoying.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Finished Bunny Must Die mode. Onto Chelsea and the 7 Devils... now if only I could figure out how to open the final boss chamber.
TheFinalSentinel

Bedlam wrote:Picked up Xenoblade X with my christmas money, and I'm a little dissapointed with it. I figured the combat would be like a hack-and-slash or third-person shooter depending on the weapon you pick, but it's just a semi-turn based thing. It's not horrible, but I was hoping for something else. I'll still play it because it's still kinda fun, but the fact you can't dodge or run away from anything is annoying.
That's why you always do your research before buying.
I on the other hand thoroughly enjoy the MMO style combat.

I mean, you can run away from enemies, it's just not the easiest thing to do without getting sniped. Certainly not as easy as the first game. You could just juke everything for days in the first one.

A complaint I do have though is that I really don't like the camera in this game. It just feels off no matter how I adjust it.
Bedlam
mega cool super

Post by Bedlam »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:
Bedlam wrote:Picked up Xenoblade X with my christmas money, and I'm a little dissapointed with it. I figured the combat would be like a hack-and-slash or third-person shooter depending on the weapon you pick, but it's just a semi-turn based thing. It's not horrible, but I was hoping for something else. I'll still play it because it's still kinda fun, but the fact you can't dodge or run away from anything is annoying.

I mean, you can run away from enemies, it's just not the easiest thing to do without getting sniped. Certainly not as easy as the first game. You could just juke everything for days in the first one.

A complaint I do have though is that I really don't like the camera in this game. It just feels off no matter how I adjust it.
Yeah, it's my fault for not researching anything. The combat system is starting to grow on my now that I'm learning the best ways to use it, that

Ganglion chick you fight in Noctilus drove me up the wall with how long she took to defeat, and that they put a Tyrant in between the checkpoint and her that you had to fight every time drove me up the wall though.

still a really fun and gorgeous game, love the art direction and I can't wait to get myself a Skell.
TheFinalSentinel

Bedlam wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote:

Ganglion chick you fight in Noctilus drove me up the wall with how long she took to defeat, and that they put a Tyrant in between the checkpoint and her that you had to fight every time drove me up the wall though.

still a really fun and gorgeous game, love the art direction and I can't wait to get myself a Skell.
I love going in underleveled; was like

12 to her 16

. That fight was a tough one. I literally took out the last 8th or so of the health by just jumping around while getting chased. Love to scum those high ground Soul Voices. Great for building tension, get a revive out. And then the fight was won by Lin with like 3 second left before forced respawn.
Anyway, as for

the Tyrant, literally just run past him. He deaggros somewhere like 10 feet from the battle, so no problem.

Still used to calling them DOLLs, from the time spent discussing the game months ago. If you're wondering, you get them after Chapter

.......Six..........

. I myself got spoiled on that, but that's not really a spoiler I care about. Heck, I'm happy to know, since I'm on Ch

............Five..........

. Been sidequesting a bit, or I'd have been there now.
Bedlam
mega cool super

Post by Bedlam »

TheFinalSentinel wrote: That's why you always do your research before buying.

Damn, Twelve? I went in there at level 15 and still was forced to hop around like a ninny blasting off the last few pegs of her health with my sniper rifle while at like ~50 health myself. I guess I just got really unlucky,

both the grunts inmediately started firing on me, and she always instantly opened with the instant everybody loses half their health lightning attack, I only survived by Raijining during her angry phase. Also, the tyrant isn't hard, I just got sick of seeing his dumb dino face every two minutes and gerting gross drops.

also, is there any specific way to trigger Soul Voices? They never ever seem to proc for me, even when half my team is in the red and the other half is dead.
TheFinalSentinel

Bedlam wrote:
Damn, Twelve? I went in there at level 15 and still was forced to hop around like a ninny blasting off the last few pegs of her health with my sniper rifle while at like ~50 health myself. I guess I just got really unlucky,

both the grunts inmediately started firing on me, and she always instantly opened with the instant everybody loses half their health lightning attack, I only survived by Raijining during her angry phase. Also, the tyrant isn't hard, I just got sick of seeing his dumb dino face every two minutes and gerting gross drops.

also, is there any specific way to trigger Soul Voices? They never ever seem to proc for me, even when half my team is in the red and the other half is dead.
I have plenty of experience cheesing underleveled in RPGs. Doesn't mean it didn't take like 20 tries. Not to mention how everyone always loves to target her instead of the goons when you kill one, and no matter how much I mash, the targetting never wants to switch. Seriously, what did they do to the targetting from Xenoblade to X? It never seems to work for some reason now, whereas it worked pretty perfectly in the first one.

As for Soul Voices, I don't know. Still feeling out the mechanics.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Down to just two challenges to go in Tri Force Heroes as well as the bonus dungeon. Fun game, but does anyone on Talkhaus even play this game other than me?
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I have reached floor 60. (Still the postgame dungeon.)

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing: