(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Sturg »

Holy wrote:I'd be up for some terraria
alex2 wrote: I'd be down to just play with peeps.
Good enough for me! Since I couldn't really find where the original talkhaus server was I sort of fiddled with how to make a dedicated server and all that jazz and I think I've got one going now. If this test server works then I'll probably make a thread for it.

Code: Select all

IP: 174.52.5.107
Port: 7776 (not default)
Passsword: "talkhaus" (without quotes)
If someone(s) would test it out when they have the time to see if it works that'd be great. This probably won't be the actual world we'd be in if we we're going to do it.

EDIT: The Port number is now 7776.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

alex2 wrote:
Ashan wrote:Played another hour or so.
I can still confirm it is a hard game.
Can confirm. Jesus christ
I'm a bit over 2 hours in and in that time I got to the second boss (if you count the Asylum Demon as the first) and died to it. It was pretty great.
Holy

Post by Holy »

Sturg wrote:If someone(s) would test it out when they have the time to see if it works that'd be great. This probably won't be the actual world we'd be in if we we're going to do it.

EDIT: The Port number is now 7776.
It works for me
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Ok, sweet.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
LBuncleJoe
Video games sure are!
First name: Dustin
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by LBuncleJoe »

Currently trying to collect all of the puzzle pieces in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Sort of a bummer that the K levels are as straight forward as they are, since the level design in the rest of the game is incredible, even more-so than the last game in my opinion. I haven't played through the K levels in the later worlds though, so I'm hoping that'll change later on.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Just lost all of my progress in Dark Souls for no reason.
I saved and quit the game and when it loaded back to the main menu there was no "load game" option. Freaking fantastic.

edit: never mind, saved it.
This guy had the same issue. Luckily it's easily fixable.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

And Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel done. Whew. Finally done with both main games.
...But now I'm tempted to do Grollschwert and Weißsilber.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Despite the fact I get nauseous playing games in the first-person perspective, I am determined to finish Mirror's Edge....
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Which is perhaps the worst game to have this goal for in the genre!
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So unhallowing and summoning people/NPCs is kind of a necessary thing in Dark Souls.
I didn't know that until now.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Snakebite969 »

Decided to start playing Touhou about a week ago, after looking at fan vids, gameplay, etc.
And now I have many of the games...
Somehow I can now survive a good 20 seconds on Lunatic (on IN) without having to continue.
And I don't understand why...
Maybe it was all STB's fault...
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I was in some sewer-ey place in Dark Souls and there was a butcher that I thought was an NPC so I went to go talk to him and proceeded to have a heart attack when he started chasing me.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Bartle recommended me Thursday to play FF5 because I was hesitant at buying Bravely Default. I did, and it made me buy Bravely Default yesterday. I guess he is good salesman

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Been playing harvest moon 64 for a bit. It's a good game, it's hard to go backwards in a series I've played though. (I've played the gamecube ones in the past.)
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Zatsupachi
Queen of Flaming Mechanical Bees

Post by Zatsupachi »

I've been playing Unreal(the first one).
Enjoying the campaign-- sad part-- I stopped recording after realizing I can't get appropriate conditions to record.
The [Death] of Jokes.
Youtube: dracmeister
Moddb: precision_bomber

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm playing Phantasy Star 0 by my lonesome since I couldn't get online with the thing. It's all right, but I bet this would be totally more fun with other people.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I'm almost finished with my playthrough of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. I'm loving the challenge, atmosphere, and music in this game. It even rivals DKC2, in fact I'd have a hard time now deciding which of these is my favorite DKC game.

There's so much variety in the platforming too. Almost every level has its own unique flavor to it... with the exception of the minecart and rocket barrel levels, which are kind of rehashy. This is now one of my all-time favorite platformers, and I've played a LOT of them.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Oh my gosh, I have 13 natural shinies in Pokemon Y now. I tell ya, this shiny charm is a really good investment. Definitely a good prize for filling up your pokedex.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I got a Gold Chocobo in FF7 and all limit breaks except for Cloud's Omnislash.
I'm currently going through the Ancient Forest.
I also have all summon materia except Typhoon.

Here's a vid I used to help me get a Gold Chocobo super easily. RNG abusing, oh man~

If anyone's playing FF7 too, do check that out I guess.
Jesuiscontent wrote:Bartle recommended me Thursday to play FF5 because I was hesitant at buying Bravely Default. I did, and it made me buy Bravely Default yesterday. I guess he is good salesman
Part of me feels bad at not doing everything on FF5 before finishing it (I didn't battle Omega and Shinryuu, and I didn't get Bahamut and Phoenix, I also missed Shoat by accident but eh), so I kinda want to replay it.

It's one of my fave FFs though.
LovelyPenguin wrote:Oh my gosh, I have 13 natural shinies in Pokemon Y now. I tell ya, this shiny charm is a really good investment. Definitely a good prize for filling up your pokedex.
I never really understood why people cared so much about shinies, but congrats, I suppose!
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

KobaBeach wrote:I never really understood why people cared so much about shinies, but congrats, I suppose!
Really, just for the bling factor. It's flashy, and it represents something rare (well, maybe not quite so rare as in previous games, but let's face it, it was nigh impossible before). Plus, it's cool to see my fave pokemon with a different color scheme than what they normally have.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Expanding my thoughts on this Phantasy Star 0 run, the AI partners that game gives you seem to be stuck at a default level, and they don't even have that default increased as you go along. That means while you're dealing decent damage, your AI friends are pretty useless outside of being damage magnets.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Okay Bravely Default confirmed amazing. Very excellent combat despite having too many options in terms of difficulty. Letting the player choose when to turn off encounters while also having a Easy/Normal/Hard setting is pretty confusing when you don't want to be too ahead of the enemies. I'm switching between no encounters and 100% encounters because I feel I'm getting too strong or too weak.
Otherwise the job system is a lot of fun and the overall package is gorgeous (besides the opening AR cutscene I guess, which was pretty silly). The story doesn't get too much in the way which is always a plus. Easily one of the best RPGs of these past few years

Also GOOD STUFF HERE

swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Well dang, comparing Bravely Default to FF5 is pretty favorable in my eyes! My younger brother (away at college) owns it and has hyped it up to me somewhat (along with the internet doing the same), and I look forward to giving it a go when he gets home!

...Or rather, I've downloaded the demo but I haven't actually tried it yet because I'm a stupid butt, and also because I don't have a whole lot of game time right now but still.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Dark Souls is crazy. Like, no matter how used you get to it it still relies on some new thing it throws at you. Also NPC summons are pretty much mandatory for some bosses.

I killed some boss and then some ring appeared so I touched it and all of a sudden
I was hauled off by flying demon things that took me to some other area where I basically bolted to find a save, lest I lose the 40,000 souls I just got from the boss I killed.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

swirlybomb wrote:Well dang, comparing Bravely Default to FF5 is pretty favorable in my eyes! My younger brother (away at college) owns it and has hyped it up to me somewhat (along with the internet doing the same), and I look forward to giving it a go when he gets home!

...Or rather, I've downloaded the demo but I haven't actually tried it yet because I'm a stupid butt, and also because I don't have a whole lot of game time right now but still.
Bravely Default is a REALLY great RPG, good mechanics and quick gameplay. One of the best on the 3DS, by far. It brings back a lot of the feel of the older Final Fantasy games, which I greatly appreciate. ♥
ImageImageImage