(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by BurntTenda »

I got to Riku II in KH1FM.
I probably shouldn't have chosen Proud Mode for my first time playing the game.

I also played FFXV a little.
Finished the Crestholm Menace Dungeon.
It's pretty fun switching to other characters mid battle.
Prompto is probably my favorite to play as.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Rabi Ribi, to keep ahead of raocow's playthrough
I'm still in chapter 2 but I've gone out of my way to explore a ton and have way more town members than the game requires
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beat Everybody's Golf, but there's some post-credits content that I'm sort of working on. I'll probably move on to a new game soon. Been thinking about getting Persona 5 for a week now since I'm kind of in the mood for an RPG again.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I've been playing Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana. Fantastic game but the port is complete garbage. NISA should never be let anywhere near the franchise again. Constant crashes on the Steam version (as well as some reliable ones on the Gog version, though there's a way to bypass them at least), the Gog version has fucked up shaders, most people have performance issues, the text and audio frequently don't line up with each other, and the controls are garbage. Ys is meant to be played with a controller but the game doesn't even sense my controller's triggers so I flat out can't use it. And this is after a seventh month delay that they announced less than 24 hours before the game was supposed to launch. With the reason NISA got porting rights being that they promised English and French localizations as well as a simultaneous release on all platforms.

Past the port issues though, the game is very good. Though it does take awhile for the story to really pick up steam which makes the earlier parts (up until you reach the northern half of the island) somewhat boring. Most of that is just a pacing issue though. The flashback scenes and village raids in the earlier part of the game always have really atrocious timing, which quickly becomes largely a nonissue in the latter part of the game. Biggest complaint otherwise is that enemies scale with you as you level up, though they don't seem to scale at the same rate as you level at least. Still REALLY annoying to go back to the earliest areas in the game and still take as much damage from the enemies there as you did at the beginning of the game despite being ~20 levels higher and having much better equipment. Though it seems to stop scaling after 20 levels or so, or at least it slows down enough that you can easily kill those early game enemies in 1-2 hits and take no more than half the damage that you did earlier. (Which is on top of your health being much higher.)

Man is there a lot of game though. It took me around 23-25 hours to reach the northern half of the island. Though this is with being as thorough as possible with exploring. I had explored literally everywhere I could reach by the time I reached the northern section. Which coincidentally amounted to exactly 50% exploration despite having a few small areas on the south that I still couldn't reach and potentially 1-2 more zones. (Not sure on the latter part though. There's room on the map for one or two more zones but if they are places you can actually reach then there's no way for me to currently reach them.)
warpio

Post by warpio »

I finally started playing Splatoon 2's campaign mode to prepare for the Octo expansion coming in a few months. I really like these single player levels and how creative they get with the platforming and the variety of enemies/obstacles. The environments are all really weird and nonsensical, kinda similar to the Umihara Kawase level backgrounds.

I noticed that the skyboxes in every level seem to be fake walls that are made to look like the sky, and you're actually in an enclosed dome of some sort with an artificial sun hanging from the ceiling. It's really bizarre.

I have a lot of fun just taking my time exploring these levels and taking screenshots of all the weird unique stage scenery.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Update:

Became the Real Platinum God, feels pretty good!
On the other hand, Keeper does not feel good. at all. he hurts me. please help.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Odin Sphere is a pretty neat rpg beat em up with a couple unique twists.
Your weapon levels up by absorbing shiny floating orbs that come off of enemies, your health levels up by eating food that grant XP.
Each area is composed of circular arena areas, that connect via certain spots on the circle.
Plot seems semi-solid from the amount I've played, although I'm still fairly early on.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

We've been kinda getting a few games lately since there have been a lot of sales recently. Kirby's Blowout Blast, Gravity Rush Remastered, Persona 5... yet here I am still playing Everybody's Golf because I want to get a hole-in-one on a Par 5! Ha-ha.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Persona 2 Innocent Sin is an interesting game. Never did I think I would be fighting taxis. IF one would ever show up so I could fight it.
I resurrected my Langrisser IV playthrough from the dead and got to the scenario where you have to cross a bridge to get to the cave where some mirror is. I'm not really sure how I feel about L4 (I have only completed 5 scenarios out of a lot) but I do know at this point I like Der Langrisser more.
In Persona 4, I'm at

Shadow Mitsuo

. I'm not really sure what it is, but I'm just not really into this game. I am gonna try to finish it though.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Persona 4 definitely has a couple of lulls, but I liked it overall. Anyhoo, with Everybody's Golf, I finally achieved a tough hole-in-one goal in that game. Shame you have to do it three times to 100% the thing, but once is nice.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch update:
More of a minor update here (mostly cause I'm tired of Keeper atm, gonna go back to him soon), but I finally unlocked the super secret rocks, thanks to one of my most amazing runs. Ever. Quad shot, 20/20, booger tears, Mega Blast, and Guppy. So amazing!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Crow

Post by Crow »

hmm looks like i'm already replaying celeste

going for full clears of levels this time though, which i did not do the first time
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And I got those three hole-in-ones in Everybody's Golf. That'll be a platinum soon enough. In the meantime, I'm playing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. Surprised to see this go towards being a standard stage to stage platformer, but it encourages replayability and has a bit more bite to it than the majority of Pirate's Curse did, so that's fine by me.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beat Half-Genie Hero, but I think I'll 100% that one since it's easy enough. Also started up Kirby's Blowout Blast on the 3DS. It's also going to be a short game. I just really want to go through those kind of ones right now.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So after putting Odin Sphere down for the time being due to not feeling up to that genre, I rolled Ribbit King, which is a really doofy golf game where you hammer a catapult to launch a frog into a golf course that is full of stuff. I honestly enjoyed it and beat the story mode in like 2 days.

I've also started up Rogue Legacy, so there's that.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Finished Tokyo Xanadu eX+ last night. It was quite a decent game overall. Gameplay was very similar to Ys 8 (which is a compliment, even if the Ys 8 pc port was utter trash) and the setting is fairly reminiscent of Persona. Only real complaints are that the translation had some issues near the end (felt like they had a deadline to make and had to rush it) which had a fair bit of typos, the occasional missing word, and some sentences were really awkward sounding.

Gameplay-wise the only real complaint is that you can't rebind what buttons active overdrive which makes platforming in the later dungeons a pain at times. Overdrive is dash+dodge/jump and there's quite a few jumps that really need dash to not fall short. But if there's an enemy in range, which there often is at the end of a jump in the later dungeons, then a dash jump will activate your overdrive thus wasting your overdrive on a minor enemy and stalling your momentum, typically resulting in you failing the jump. Which means either falling into a damaging, an often debuffing, hazard or falling down to a lower level of the dungeon and having to repeat a section. Despite that issue though, the dungeon ranking system is forgiving enough I still managed to S-rank all the non-postgame dungeons so it was more of an annoyance for wasting overdrive I could use on the dungeon boss than anything.

Overall I'd recommend the game to anyone who is a Persona fan and likes the action rpg nature of modern Ys games.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero's now totally done. I've been on a kick of beating these solid PS4 titles lately. About ready to slow down in that regard though, but it was nice to clear up some of that backlog while it lasted.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Making some nice progress on Rogue Legacy. Slowly upgrading the castle and have mostly gotten everything except maybe two skill chests in the starting area, cause the game is mean and keeps giving me objectives I can't complete with my setup. :P
I then proceeded to have a run where I did every room and opened every chests in the starting area. Neat.

I even managed to defeat

mr. eyeball and his brother, the flashback eyeball

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Now that this extended PS4 kick is done, it's finally time to play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Haven't played a 3D Zelda since Wind Waker, and I'm kind of excited to see what they've done with the new format here. Hoping it clicks.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Spent the last week playing the Maplestory 2 Closed Beta. Really looking forward to that game's release, it's super dorb and right up my alley.

Continuing to make progress in Rogue Legacy, beating the right area fully.

Including our friend, the giant flaming yellow skeleton head.

So next up is the top area.

I've also begun a metroid prime randomizer run. Got morph ball, grappling beam, power bombs (don't have regular bombs yet), missiles so far. Will probably have to go looking somewhere else at this point.

Edit: Finally found bomb after wandering around a while, it was behind a power bombable wall in a magma room that needed grapple beam to cross. What a doofy spot. I then beat the plant boss of toxicity and got an artifact. Aww yiss.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Crow

Post by Crow »

started omensight, interesting little hack n slash game w/ a murder mystery/time travel-y narrative that's kinda cool. but also the game looks beautiful
doesn't play as well as the studio's previous game though imo which is a bit of a shame but it's cool otherwise
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Breath of the Wild is fun! Who knew? Seriously, I've explored a good deal of the world map for the last ten hours I've played the game and still have a ton of stuff to uncover.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Completed Rogue Legacy, at least up through the Castle resetting. I also beat all four of the boss dude's super counterparts before finishing it up.

Restarted with a new seed in metroid prime randomizer. Ended up accidentally walking into the ice beam room, which closed behind me with an ice beam only door... and I hadn't saved in like an hour.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Picked this up today:

Enjoying it so far after the first world, though do note you'll have to re-enter levels as you gain new things in order to 100% the levels.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Fully finished everything in Rogue Legacy.
Definitely enjoyed the game, took some time to improve against the more difficult enemies but that's to be expected.
It became a pain to find the last couple equipment pieces near the end, which while unneeded to beat the game, annoyed me as a completionist. :P

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing: