(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Crow »

spark the electric jester 3 came out and i've been having a ton of fun with it so far, score attack medals are pretty heavily nerfed this time which... ehh, i'm okay with, they sucked in the last game, time trial medals are still pretty strict but achievable, feels like there's just a lot more content in this game between a decent helping of sizable levels alongside a bunch of smaller, gimmicky levels but i'll know that for sure when i actually make it to the end, i guess? 27% in with about 4 hours of play so far, so
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Pokemon Crystal Randomized: Slowly eating my way through the Mahogany Town hideout. It's only going slowly because I'm taking the time to trigger every last trap in the place (the wild traps were Geodude/Hitmonchan/Mr. Mime and were worth a ton of EXP; I'll trigger another trainer trap but I feel like those are less "worth it" just due to the resistances involved)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - At Chapter 2, binged through Prologue and Ch1 on my Switch. I'm kind of getting a bit more into this game, I'm looking forward to grinding a bit to experiment with the diggles, and unlock (almost?) every Digivolution, need to evolve two of my Baby I Digimon. I'll try to fit it in my schedule from time to time, easy enough as it's on my Switch, need to finish the Vita version sometime too. Went with Terriermon.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - Just past the first boss. Gonna dig up a walkthrough so I can get the good ending. This is the first Idea Fucktory game that didn't make me physically recoil from the gameplay and I'm intrigued! It's pretty fun, but the keybinds are horrid. Had to play with Japanese voices so I didn't have to pay listening attention to the. "Lovely" script. Not surprised I'm relating to Neppers, I wouldn't delete everything from my HDD though, I am proud of my depravity.

Dark Souls - too much for me rn. no

Spectral Force - I literally do not understand this game, I got a game over but it feels like it was through no fault of my own, an entire country kept invading. Fuck This

Spectral Force Chronicle - Aw yeah thats the stuff. So I'm playing the Strategy RPG digest omnibus thing of Spectral Force 1&2 and Itoshiki Ja'aku, which were War Simulation games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms. This one is infamous for having terrible balance, terrible gameplay, and story pacing that leaves non-fans in the dust, and turns off fans by being too broad to convey all the details. Honestly I don't care, I'm only on Chapter 2, but it could feel worse. I could also have my expectations down low.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Crow

Post by Crow »

more spark 3, game continues to just, feel really good. i have cleared three areas in their entirety (all types of every medal) and i'm at 50% suggesting there are six areas total

i guess i could complain about the game not having as much visual variety as the last one given that there seem to only be six distinct zones but there's variety within the zones both visually and mechanically and also having the one Big act and a few smaller, but sometimes still pretty meaty side acts per zone is probably giving more unique content in total

this game is way easier than spark 2 tho and that's pretty well solidified at this point, even if it's probably going to ramp up soon, but i'm okay with that bcuz it's just, super fun lol
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Lucienne's Quest - Kind of went on a binge and just dashed through the first arc of the game in the span of like three hours. Very dumb game, I appreciate the cast. Lucienne is extremely stupid, Ago is petty but also the only sane person, Miminaga definitely wants to bang Luci. And there's more furries?? Good... (rubbing my little gay hands)

Anyway Luci tricked Ago into going with her to Mirado to cure his lycanthropy, we passed by the Molebear village of Babachop and basically killed the Ogre's leader to help Mimi prove his bravery, and we reached Mirado to save the Junin (werewolf) children and beat up Black Warrior to unlock the seal on their cell (also Mimi farted by trying too hard to break open the prison bars). Now Ago wants to wait after the story's over to have the leader of the Junin undo the curse, but he asked them to stop attacking villages even if Black Warrior isn't around to boss them.

Fun fact: Ago was turned into a wolf because the leader of the Junin, Aiya, bonded with him after he saved her from a hunter's trap while she was a wolf. His town came down with The Sick (plague) and since she didn't want to see him die, she made him into a Junin. And now he's super pissed and believed that Junin attacked his village. Bastard is petty.

Anyway now we made it to Wildness to look for a boat in the Northern Country, but Miminaga ended up being sold into slavery by sheer accident because Wildness is a terrible town full of slavedrivers where the slaves are just Okay With It because food and shelter???? At least pay them

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - Worked on the beginning of the game, unlocked Zeca Ruins No. 1 (i fucking hate the Chanpuru, they all look the same, terrible game design) and Mechtro Factory or whatever. Met IF, unlocked my

pirated

DLC, did some fetch quests, learned about the True Ending requirements, ran into Broccoli (literally puchiko), reached Lastation in the story, and messed around with Plans.

I really like the Plan idea but a lot of the game feels a smidge underbaked? Also I don't understand the deal with quests that give +Shares to the Others bar, but -Shares to the CPUs. If you want to get like at least 20% Shares on the CPUs and 0% on the Others, like. Is this a ruse fetch quest. Is this a le ebin meme???

I do appreciate the ability to tune difficulty with Plans, that's legit something I appreciated from Bravely Default that every JRPG should have, both for baby gamers like me and big dong Soulsborne gaymers who play everything on the hardest modes possible.

Mega Man Battle Network - I give up. I was basically going off the beaten path pre-Elec Man stage for goodies, but goddamn it's unbearable. The mosquito virus enemy was my breaking point. I'll try 2 and see if it's good.

Shining Force - At Chapter 2. This game still has a bit of a bite goddamn. Currently at Rindo. I actually died with Lowe a couple of times, and once as Max, but thankfully this game uses Dragon Quest rules where it respawns you at the last save with half your money. I'm gonna try to grind a bit to get some dosh for the new weapons if necessary. Khris shouldn't need any levelling up for now, she's primarily a healer.

Legend of Heroes IV PC98 - Just grinding to Weapon Lv10 as Avin and Mile for now. Did the Hamakages quest too and upgraded some equipment.

----------------------------------

Now to see what else I'm gonna try to binge for a couple of hours.
Image Image
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year agoMega Man Battle Network - I give up. I was basically going off the beaten path pre-Elec Man stage for goodies, but goddamn it's unbearable. The mosquito virus enemy was my breaking point. I'll try 2 and see if it's good.
Yeah, BN1 is... not great. Everything looks the hecking same and BN1's combat is too slow in general to do what it's trying to do (doubly so after you get past ElecMan's scenario - the game expects you to have so many chips in your library before you can continue the main plot but getting the chip drops in BN1 is absolute hell). You'll have a "better" time with 2, but there are still mechanical issues there; the series didn't really find its feet until 3.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

BN1 is very hard. I recommend save states. To be fair, they all have their moments once you beat the boss just because of the randomly encountering a harder version of them before you're ready deal.
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

Xenoblade Chronicles 3: I swear I'm missing something; I'm in Chapter 3 (the mandatory War Medic hero quest) and I feel like I should have found twice as many sidequests and a bunch of collectapedia card ingredients but... nah.

Might and Magic 7: Oh right you don't want the "speeds up travel times" hirelings in this game because of all the bullshit downtime in the first half of the main quest. I guess I'll try and push through to Eofol to get an early Blaster, or go anger the local royalty by raiding their treasuries (planning on taking Dark path this run so that I don't have to futz around with winning late-game arena battles)

Sonic 1+2: Up to Labyrinth zone; I have four of the S1 Emeralds and one of the S2 Emeralds (the S1 emeralds can't be gotten during S2 so I need to prioritize those more than I have been) hey guess who just read the patch notes. Thank goodness for SRAM saving; I would not want to do this all in "one" sitting.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Forgot one:

Tokyo Afterschool Summoners - Made it past the first two quests and did a few pulls. Lots of enemy units, but also some hotties. Not a serious playthrough (it’s gacha) but.
raekuul wrote: 1 year ago Yeah, BN1 is... not great. Everything looks the hecking same and BN1's combat is too slow in general to do what it's trying to do (doubly so after you get past ElecMan's scenario - the game expects you to have so many chips in your library before you can continue the main plot but getting the chip drops in BN1 is absolute hell). You'll have a "better" time with 2, but there are still mechanical issues there; the series didn't really find its feet until 3.
Bean wrote: 1 year ago BN1 is very hard. I recommend save states. To be fair, they all have their moments once you beat the boss just because of the randomly encountering a harder version of them before you're ready deal.
Very well. I’ll try to savescum.
Image Image
Matthew_Coco
I do be vibin' though >o<
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Matthew_Coco »

Gonna start YUMP 2.
Wish me luck.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Mega Man Battle Network - Savescumming worked. I'm past ColorMan and at ElecMan's dungeon. ColorMan was a pain, but I managed after a few tries. I'm gonna go back in a backup savestate and try to upgrade MegaMan as much as I can without fighting excessive optional bosses to prepare for ElecMan, buy some armor, HPmemories, Powerups basically.

Lufia: The Legend Returns - Started going on with further IP Skill hunting but ended up just going forward with the story. Beat Deraf, the Ultra Weapon and Amon. Amon was pretty tough, I'm surprised I had three Sanity Rings though, I guess they were in static chests? GoddessTears are important though, always hunt for them if possible. I'll try to top them off up to like 13 again if I'm able to before another dungeon, currently at 6. The lack of proper static dungeons really ends up making the game hard to prepare for.
Matthew_Coco wrote: 1 year ago Gonna start YUMP 2.
Wish me luck.
proud to stan my kings big huge meat bume #bigsports
Image Image
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

I have been attempting many CO runs in Spelunky 2
Goddammit, this game is so brutal and yet I can't put it down, the closest I've made it was to Hundun with the bow and arrow of light, but I died to Hundun like a goof, and I have yet to make it fully back
I ain't giving up yet
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Lufia: The Legend Returns - Turns out making Melphis as fast as possible and using Champion X in place of Goddess Tears can also work (question mark? it's working for now). At Fante Continent, recruited Ruby, just beat Big Mouth (Netflix's stocks have tanked even harder). I am also literally cycling through a main save, two backups and savestates just in case. And also so I don't have to redo like a whole cutscene or a whole dungeon climb every time I die.
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

beat spark 3 with 100% medals, definitely easier than the first game but also not free at all. endgame sequence (area 7 onwards) was cool as hell but the plot is ???? ok

now to beat it again but on 2-hit death mode. uh oh. that endgame sequence might be a lot less cool this time
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Legit avoided posting anything here because I didn't want to clutter the thread, feel free to reply if like. people don't mind that? It's probably all in my head but im stoopid

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX - This is from a few days back but, I'm at the Blackwoods! Turning on the revised controls helps a lot with the trickier sections, though it could be placebo. Switch's D-pad is just absolute garbo compared to the GOATs, Vita and 3DS. Or even a keyboard, in my case, arrow keys 4lyfe.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Leveled up some abilities and I might just end up Mastering Chemist and Knight as Ramza and my generics (my mains, though I might add Agrias and the like to the rotation later). Levelling up JP in FFT is really fun, it's probably the only SRPG that's fun to grind in other than Arc the Lad 1 for me (haven't played Disgaea yet).

You do have to keep a few Chemists in your party though. My strategy so far is two Chemists, the other three as the main Job I want to build up, and then I go at them, clearing out most of a enemy party while spamming Accumulate all the way. Move+_ is important too for utmost movement range to protect the Chemists. Gained JP Up goes without saying.

I might reach Lv99 by the end though... It's okay, the big appeal of FFT for me is crazy job builds.

Persona 1 PSX - Progressed a ways away into SEBEC's main building. I also managed to score some Spell Cards. I'm thinking of reading into Persona equipping and maybe fusing a few more. Very fun game, but very outdated by today's standards. Playing Shin Megami Tensei in the middle of the night when you're practically alone is peak Kobacore. Kelly is a qt

Arc the Lad II - Did the whole shebang at the Sealed Ruins, saved Lia, got Diekbeck, just need to go to bed ingame so I can see the Elc x Lieza tease cutscene at the beach (quality face rock pixel art on that cutscene btw, quality Hien from a three fourths view on the next one too).

Spectral Force - So I found a guide for Spectral Force 2 on the Japanese Internet, and I applied its advice to the first game and...
So I control this much of the map right now
This game is basically low budget Dragon Force but, honestly? Playing this makes me want to play Dragon Force 1&2, as well as more of the Neverland war simulation games by IF. But most importantly the Rekoeition games (Nobunaga, RotTK, PTO etc). I'm sadly missing out on most of the big lore behind Neverland, but I'm appreciating the variety in character designs, I'll try to read a wiki for info. The thing about IF, at least late 90s to late 2000s IF, is that a lot of the things they do are mediocre, though, so my expectations aren't very high.

I'm mostly interested in Three Kingdoms out of the Koei strategy games. I'm not sure what to do first, but I'll try to watch a demo play first and keep a guide by my side. I do know that Cao Cao (tsao tsao not cow cow) is generally the best player character.

-----------------------------------------------

Also unrelated but thinking about it, with games like Summon Night, Digimon Survive, Neptunia, Housamo, VN Hybrids are quickly becoming one of my favorite subgenres. I'm okay with this.
Image Image
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - In... probably the middle of chapter 3? mucking around with sidequests for both Colonies 9 and 30. I actually only went back to Colony 9 because I needed collectibles for a Colony 30 sidequest that I still haven't completed (because heaven forbid they should give me a list that I can take with me of the materials they need)

FFTA - Famfrit defeated. Now the real game begins.

Pokemon Emerald - on the road to Mauville. ...now I remember why I keep not finishing Emerald version, this part of the game sucks.

Might and Magic 7 - so I went ahead and forked my saves into Light and Dark branches after all. Light promotions are generally harder but their main quests are all in roughly the same places as their promotion quests so it's more "efficient" in the end (plus you can cheat one of the main quests - monster spawns are adjusted slightly based on party level, so entering a map at lower levels means marginally fewer monsters get spawned per cluster). Also I found out that Clanker's Lab is available to Light parties (but since I already had an amulet "Of Alchemy" at a higher rank than Clanker's Amulet, it wound up being a waste of time)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

raekuul wrote: 1 year ago Pokemon Emerald - on the road to Mauville. ...now I remember why I keep not finishing Emerald version, this part of the game sucks.
RSE has some Wack pacing problems from what I remember when i was but a wee cub. I kind of remember it being less awkward than DPPt though.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1 - Still not getting it 100%, but I’m gonna study the game a bit, make some stat and General notes, practice with savestates. Gonna also force myself to keep other Masters in the lowest difficulty and in Warlike preset, rather than down the middle and on Rational.

Shin Megami Tensei - Practicing without savestates and I’ve managed to recruit a few more demons in Kongokai and kept Buckaboo out of my party for easy Money and Magnetite gains by negotiating. Nekomata has murdered me multiple times, so I’ll keep saves at hand. Mapped out the first area of Kongokai so far.

EDIT: Romance of the Three Kingdoms!!! - I'm starting to get a handle of it. I need to get used to recognizing the generals and their stats. So far the only states I control are 6 and 7. I had 5 but I lost it due to a shortsighted move, a general defected and he had my rice because his combat skills were abysmal so I thought he could hold onto it while idling in a corner, thus I retreated to 6. I'm gonna see how best to power up my men, recruit some generals, and work on improving the economy, the people's opinion (which is already pretty high) and flood protection.

A tutorial I saw before making the original post had a whole five minute section where the video author tried to cajole Lu Bu into his side for the amount of men he has, and that's pretty funny, but also tactical. Lu Bu has a high chance of leaving after all so it doesn't really matter outside of savescumming.
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So I finally finished clean-up a few nights ago of the original trilogy for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. And I went all in on making sure I got everything: Side missions, Khyber Bricks that needed a rumor to find, much scouring, clearing every challenge I could manage, full-clearing the story levels, and so on. What did that bring my percent complete to?

60.62%.

:monstrosity:

In short, almost 40 percent of the game is locked behind the Rey/sequel/Disney trilogy. This is really stupid. As I said when I started playing this game back in April, it feels like a lot of this game is heavily weighted toward playing Episodes VII-IX first, rather than in chronological order. This lends credence toward my theory that the game was originally supposed to be just the sequel trilogy, and then some mandate came from above (probably Disney) to throw in the other two trilogies. Who knows why. Maybe they didn't think one based on the sequel trilogy alone would sell.

But there are other problems too. Vehicle levels are even worse than before, namely because, save one level (I think?), you are unable to change ships. Even in Free Play. Like, what's the point of having Free Play for the vehicle levels if you can't change the ship? I want to do the Death Star Trench Run on GONK ship, because that would look hilarious to do! I get that it would be an issue with, say, Battle of Hoth (due to the explicit use of the tow cable grapple) or the underwater level in Episode I (since it's not really a vehicle level so much as a backwards rail shooter level), but not for the big fights! Similarly, for whatever reason, there are certain boss levels in the original trilogy that basically require you to fight as whatever character you had to use in the Story Mode. You can have other characters in the Free Play mode, but once you get into the boss fight, it switches back, typically to Luke in whatever form he was in Story Mode. That's so lame. I wanted to beat up Darth Vader with Episode II Anakin or super-scarred Anakin from Episode. Or have the Emperor fight himself with a gold lightsaber. Again, this is a problem only in the original trilogy levels, strangely...all the boss fights in the prequel trilogy gave you full access to your characters (I know this because I distinctly remember trying to shoot Count Dooku with Boba Fett). It's stupid, though weird.

On top of this, as cleanup wound down, I noticed that all the Imperial capital ships—Death Star I, Death Star II, Executor—looked real samey in their interiors as I went in and cleaned out the ships of Khyber Bricks and challenges. I can certainly understand that these ships didn't have a lot of interior shots in the original films, but that doesn't change how even the docks looked the same. On top of that, the Death Stars, unlike the Executor and other capital ships, aren't won in combat encounters. You earn them by completing silly side missions. It kind of ruins the fun, and makes the lack of Free Play on the vehicle missions even more galling.

Still, game has its fun moments. The little side mission where you do a children's play of the Death Star being the hero was funny. So was destroying all the crystals after a long-winded side mission involving getting people to dance in a circle of stones (...didn't make sense even in context). The classes are still fun to play around with, especially as you build them up. Buying rumors for not only side missions and puzzles but also minikits and challenges in the Story levels is really helpful, especially if you don't want to guess or find a strategy page on Steam's borked web browser.

Regardless, I dread going into the sequel trilogy. I'm holding off for a little while as a result.

I planned to start AM2R this weekend, but I had to prioritize work. Not sure when I'll start that.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

thatguyif wrote: 1 year ago In short, almost 40 percent of the game is locked behind the Rey/sequel/Disney trilogy.
in fairness 33% is what I'd expect, so... it just seems like "the new stuff" got more content overall, rather than being some Deliberate Ploy.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

I mean, I was expecting ~33% as well.

I wouldn't say it was a "deliberate ploy," but given the mess behind the game's development, it would not surprise me if the game suffered from some kind of scope creep. There's just a lot of things about how the first two trilogies play that just didn't feel right, especially in comparison to Complete Saga.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Shin Megami Tensei - Trying to map out more of Kongokai. Might savescum a bit due to how far away the save spot is, not in the mood to overlevel to get the best fusions, and Nekomatas on full moon can just decide to merc me due to how bad the running away rng is.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land - Around Stage 4? Fun game, very nostalgic.

Fire Emblem 1 - Got owned by Mariones/Emereus so I restarted to get some more units, namely Marich/Merric. Working on it on my Vita on and off. Currently at Stage 4, had to reload a savestate because Abel died after getting Merric iirc.

Link's Awakening DX - I restarted this like a year ago, and I've been cleaning up seashells, photographs and heart pieces. I missed the bonus seashells you get from the Seashell House though, had too many. Also, the Richard photograph. Need to replay The Frog For Whom the yadda yadda. Heading to dungeon 4, currently parked outside of Marin's house about to take her to the sleeping walrus. Had to dig out a walkthrough on Zelda Dungeon to get back in track and find my way around Koholint.
Image Image
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (randomizer) (again)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS - so apparently I'm either underlevelled, undergeared, or shouldn't be playing as Reyn this early; the boss fight in the room full of ether cylinders trashed me.

Age of Empires Definitive Edition, Ascent of Egypt Learning Campaign - I've finally gotten into the mindset of "make moar villagers", so hopefully I'll be able to actually finish this campaign for once. Up to the mission where you're supposed to build a Wonder which... that's going to be an adventure.
KobaBeach wrote: 1 year agoLink's Awakening DX
This game is a bop, I should go back to my hero mode run of the NX version.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

raekuul wrote: 1 year ago
KobaBeach wrote: 1 year agoLink's Awakening DX
This game is a bop, I should go back to my hero mode run of the NX version.
it is. it is SO good. it is fucking illegal. i love the less traditional zeldas so much bro

I'm continuing my replay because I actually wanted to start the Oracles, since they're after Majora, which i beat a few years ago? Forget when, pre-covid. But Link's Awakening is my fave next to the first one, so I felt like continuing that first for the sake of it. Last I checked my least faves were LttP and OoT but I might be going back on that hot take, at least OoT due to how Jank it is (LttP is too polished/safe imo).

It also helps that fucking around with Ocarina and Majora with cheats in PJ64 was a huge part of my childhood, and they were also the Zelda games I had the most contact with along with Minish.

Should continue my replay of OoT and LoZ1 soon (LoZ1 is through the FDS version just for the sake of it as well).

---------------------------------------------------------

Link's Awakening DX - 16 Seashells, roughly 9 Heart Pieces, 8 Heart Containers (+ 2 from Heart Pieces) and I'm at the Fishing Hook portion of the Trading Sequence. Beat Angler's Cavern and took the ghost back home and then to his grave. Doing some more sidequests first before moving on to get back to the ghost's house and look in his jar. I'll wait to buy the Bow after Level 5 maybe, the raft ride was a net negative.

My 3DS is charging and I'll be injecting Sword of Mana, Starfy 1, Kururin 1 and Circle of the Moon onto it, I have to do it this way rather than emulators because I have a normal 3DS XL (in red because nintendo is scum and they stopped making purple ones when the XL model came out).

EDIT:
Mega Man Battle Network - Did some Zenny gathering to purchase some HPMemories. Wound up gathering a few WoodTowrs in Sal's PC. Will try to empty out Internet 3 and 4's HP reserves, maybe fight some optional Navis to make up for the downtime. Actually ended up fighting StoneMan V3 by accident, but it's okay. Bought WoodArmr too.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land - Had a file lying around on my 3DS. Continued Orange Ocean a bit, but man I'm rusty.
Image Image
Matthew_Coco
I do be vibin' though >o<
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Matthew_Coco »

Been having strange issues with input lag in YUMP 2 and can't seem to fix it.

I have mostly been playing other more shorter action games like Wild Guns and Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyou Toitsusen but that's about it. College has already been eating into my time and energy so I guess short but simple games will have to do lol. :sanaeko:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light - Continuing it and I'm in Chapter 11 mostly complete with a few casualties so far. Gonna Arena Abuse a smidge to prepare for the next 13 chapters. I'm savescumming for the most part (one save every few turns or before i do my turn, sometimes i savescum to avoid a cheap death) because holy shit I am not ready.

fuck jake. "oh i wish there was a cute girl to take me out of army duty 🥺" *nukes Minerva because I didn't take her to a safe spot quickly enough* is she not cute enough 4 u???? does it have to be caeda

Minerva is safe now because I'm not losing her yet fuck off

_archayanami_'s guide on GameFAQs is obnoxious because they want to fuck every single girl despite them only having like two sentences and one portrait for characters. At least I'm saving myself for Dorcas, Caineghis and Mordecai smh

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade - Technically at Chapter 9, but I lost Kant and Sein so I'm gonna restart Chapter 8. Started at what was technically the advice of iosh, but was also just general FE fandom common opinion. (also fe leddit seems to be mostly challenge junkies? jesus)

Much easier game but between this and FE1 I'm quickly burning out on SRPGs. Might play some other games in the meanwhile. It's to the point I'm losing a grip on the weapon triangle in this game. The reaver weapons are hilarious though.

Not savescumming this one because I'm playing on 3DS VC injection rather than mGBA (old 3DS XL), but the maps seem to be shorter than FE1 and its remakes, so I might be able to handle it. I might change to mGBA if it gets too much.

EDIT: Forgot these two:
Sonic Unleashed - Made it past the base acts of Savannah Citadel (Mazuri) and I'm gonna see if I can do Rooftop Run (Spagonia) soon or not. SC1 was super annoying with the enemy room at the end, lost a few lives to it. SC2 was more fun but I need to replay it to get the medals, Egg Beetle, I got all the medals but got a mid rank.

Sword of Mana - Past the Marsh Cave and at Wendel. Nothing much to say other than I have to set

Julius'

, er, Devius' birds free. The flail is really fun to use :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day after:
New one:
Guardian's Crusade - Past the Kerple quest (the "mommy's up in the clouds" NPC dialogue hit me like a truck), the Den Heldar quest and the "save Marco from the Artema church in Isten" quest. Parked at Trisken, and I think I have all the Living Toys up to now. Not focusing on Baby's transformations though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two days after:
EDIT 2: Terranigma - Super adorable game. Just finished it, nearly cried at the part before the credits it was too much.

EDIT 3: Thousand Arms - Kind of partially softlocked myself in the first Bolt fight because I was woefully unprepared and I couldn't go on dates to tank intimacy to unlock the magic I missed with Wyna and Sodina (this and Link's Awakening are bad with this sort of thing). So I restarted. Parked outside Mist Valley, should just be two hours away from where I was :​x

Shin Megami Tensei - Grinding a bit to get some better fusions, might go up to Lv30 from 22 maybe? Thankfully it seems that I'm trapped in Neutral, both Phantasms are after my pussy-ass candy-ass bear cub ass. EDIT: Lost my progress because I forgot about the Zenki and Goki boss.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three days after:
EDIT 4: Shin Megami Tensei - Past Kongokai and the boss fight with Ozawa's Take-Minakata. Heading to the Heroine's Mind to fight Arachne. Had to savescum a bit in Shinjuku to get my party back to speed after a lot of them got killed.

EDIT 5: Thousand Arms - Past Bolt and at Mounthand. Got Mil and Palma as dating partners too. Managed to get every ability from IL1-5 on Sodina and Wyna in everyone's weapons up to now. Barrier+, Heal and Cure seem to be helping the most. I'm also mid 20s, so I'm just naturally broken, especially Wyna.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Four days after:
EDIT 6: Tenchi Muyo! Game-hen - Beat the game. It's mostly held back by its hilariously clunky interface and ridiculous balance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Five days after:
EDIT 7: Shin Megami Tensei - Past the Heroine's Mind, past Roppongi and Alice's circlejerk, past the dark as fuck Police Station, past Ginza, upgraded my demons, currently at level 40, made sure to keep at least one demon with an extra Zionga to help the Heroine when she's out of MP, I should be good to go? Currently at Shinagawa to get the Kusanagi and upgrade my equipment, so first off is a grinding session for Macca. I may be savescumming a bit but I am invincible. This game is so good but still kind of crusty.

EDIT 8: Thousand Arms - Past Chapter 7 and 8. Overall the game's difficulty is starting to flatline with how busted Wyna is with the Speed Bracer and Heal+. The dungeons still feel like utter ass and I feel like the script is getting more and more obnoxious? Ratchet is a cutie but she later does a pretty transphobic joke (Marion also did one, so). Savestated just outside of Levantis' Mansion for a quick start. I might just load from a hard save though.
Image Image