(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

What games are you playing?

Post by Sorel »

pholtos wrote:
OH GEEZ DEATH IS SO HARD
Oh that is just the beginning... *Sinister Smile*
Last edited by Sorel 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Bwarch wrote:And you can't switch between servers? Stats locked to a certain server or something like that?

That stinks tho. Why on earth would they have it to where you can't play with certain people...
That's basically Blizzard. They always did the same for Starcraft/WoW, which makes sense for latency purposes, but for Hearthstone it's a non-issue and it'd have benefited from having atleast the possibility of switching servers freely

skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

During the good ol' Steam sale I finally picked up The Stanley Parable. That game man, that game. I'm pretty sure I've found everything at this point, but you just never know... besides, it's fun to random explore anyway.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

if you havent used guides at least a bit, you havent found everything trust me
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

and the ocean will sing lullabies...
I recently replayed To The Moon, since it has been a while from my last playtrough of that game.
Today, I also completed Ben There, Done That. It was not as great, but I did enjoy the puzzles. It was pretty self aware for a point and click adventure game.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Well I think I'm giving up on Aria of Shadow for a long while. Seems too tough for me to do.

Edit: So what does backloggery's fortune cookie do? Give me Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Uhhh no thanks I'd rather not play another castlevania right now.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

You should see my old crappy blind unedited lp of Aria of Sorrow I did back in the day
That crazy voice dude
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I might take a look sometime, do you have a heck of a lot of trouble after a point? Like around the point you can go in water?

Meanwhile Oddworld Adventures lives ups to it's name of being odd... and being pretty bad in my opinion. Although I was never a fan of the hard to control puzzle games where one wrong move leads to death and restarting from the first screen. Reminds me of another game I tried long ago for the snes I think it was.

Edit: Ah ha! It's similar to Out of this World for SNES.
Last edited by pholtos 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I don't remember having a ton of trouble honestly (not that I don't die several times in the lp)
That crazy voice dude
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ah... might be my deciding not to go back and buy healing items.

So I'm on some sort of string of hard games it seems! Going to be doing one of the super star wars games next... and I'll probably rage quit.

Edit: Yup. Looks like it. Today is not a good day for me and randomly picked games. Added to my list of games that are too hard for me to play through.
Last edited by pholtos 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

pholtos wrote:Well I think I'm giving up on Aria of Shadow for a long while. Seems too tough for me to do.
You break my heart pholtos
AoS is one of the easier ones
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

It might help if I stocked up on them health items... I haven't had one in a while.

Edit: OOH! I got one of those randomized pokemons on my list. :3
Also I've never played through a pokemon past sapphire so this'll be interesting.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

pholtos wrote:Well I think I'm giving up on Aria of Shadow for a long while. Seems too tough for me to do.
Well, you already mentioned in a few posts that you neglected to stock up on healing items... those are a *huge* help, especially in boss fights.

Otherwise, the old tried-and-true "build a few extra levels" RPG standby can't hurt, and it's a good idea to experiment with souls, especially red ones. Some may *seem* completely useless when you first get them, but in certain situations, you may find that their range/arc, element, etc. are exactly what you need.
pholtos wrote:So I'm on some sort of string of hard games it seems! Going to be doing one of the super star wars games next... and I'll probably rage quit.

Edit: Yup. Looks like it. Today is not a good day for me and randomly picked games. Added to my list of games that are too hard for me to play through.
Ahahahaha. Yeah, the Super Star Wars games are bastard hard. Good games overall, but they wants you dead. Dead!
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote:Otherwise, the old tried-and-true "build a few extra levels" RPG standby can't hurt
Too bad the best area in the game to grind levels is in

the chaotic realm

. Three's a spot with an arch demon I believe it's called. Equipping the Erinys soul and using red minotaur can grant you somewhere around 3600 or 3900XP per kill and it only takes around three hits to kill it at level 50 or so. Plus the enemy is located right by a door too. I used that to grind from level 60 to level 99 before in the span of about an hour and a half or so iirc. (One of the few times on any game I've ever actually did any grinding for levels and that was just because I'd never hit max level in a Castlevania game before.)
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Jesuiscontent wrote:
Bwarch wrote:And you can't switch between servers? Stats locked to a certain server or something like that?

That stinks tho. Why on earth would they have it to where you can't play with certain people...
That's basically Blizzard. They always did the same for Starcraft/WoW, which makes sense for latency purposes, but for Hearthstone it's a non-issue and it'd have benefited from having at least the possibility of switching servers freely
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/for ... 37003757#4

This is still blowing my mind at how crappy this arrangement is btw. Just. God dammit it just pisses me off so much that I wouldn't be able to play with friends just because they're in a different nation.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

So yeah, Shovel Knight is pretty much the game I've always wanted to play since childhood. Was it really that hard to make a shovel-wielding knight who leaps through levels of perlious platforming pitfalls and nabs useful items? Oh wait, Mega Man did that. Well Mega Man isn't a knight, is he?

I mean hell, there are actually multiple goodies in the treasure chests, and he digs down to the bottom to find the biggest gem first. Rather than the usual one item in one chest thing. Its like these developers could read my mind.

Boss fights are awesome too. They nail that tricky balance of the boss being easy to dodge but tough to hit. The ideal that all true warriors strive for.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

ARE WE DOING SHOVEL KNIGHT AVATARS NOW?

Because I am ALL OVER THAT.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Bwarch wrote:ARE WE DOING SHOVEL KNIGHT AVATARS NOW?

I will NOT obey to this mainstream! I rather wanna be dead before I get mainstream!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I started time gentlemen, please. It does not look as good as the first game

Edit: also Tess was released. Playing that soon.

Edit2: This was 20000th post on the cardridge.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

I started Symphony of the Night right where I left off. Farming a cloaked armor for 2 heaven swords. Oh boy.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Still plodding along on Lost Odyssey. Still enjoying it, though it's a bit annoying that new immortal team members don't start with many skills, requiring perfectionists like me to stop and grind them all for two hours. Fun times.

Fortunately, I *think* I've gotten all the immortal team members I'm going to get, so I shouldn't need to do *that* again. Onwards with the story!
Fluffi-dono wrote:
Bwarch wrote:ARE WE DOING SHOVEL KNIGHT AVATARS NOW?

I will NOT obey to this mainstream! I rather wanna be dead before I get mainstream!
Heh. I can almost guarantee that for as long as I'm here, you won't see my avatar change even once. I love my cat. :3

Though I *do* plan to play Shovel Knight sometime. It sounds interesting...
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So yesterday I started a random pokemon, random moveset, random ability, random name, random items playthrough of pokemon white which I've never played before for hilarity.
My starter choices were golem, magcargo and swoobat.
I chose golem who had the ability adaptibility and the moves shadow sneak, bonemerang, arm thrust and ember. It's pretty great.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Fluffi-dono wrote:I started Symphony of the Night right where I left off. Farming a cloaked armor for 2 heaven swords. Oh boy.
I don't think I ever actually got around to beating that one before I sold my psp. I'm pretty sure I was massively underleveled when I reached the

mirrored castle

(not sure if that's actually a spoiler but I think so). In a lot of games like that I actually end up reaching the end of the game at a lower level than I should be then struggling to win at the end and usually dropping it cause I hate grinding for levels.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I was told Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion was an okay game. I'm finding it to be mediocre, mainly because of all the times you need to stop to draw or erase stuff in a simple 2D environment.
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Beat Mega Man 7. Final Wily is a jeeeerk.

Trying to make progress in Okami, but I'm kinda losing interest. The game has alot of things going on, but none of them are very meaningful.

Actually trying to play Mario 2 dokidoki edition for real for once. Never made it past world 2 for no good reason. It's a very good game.

Also continuously hitting myself in the head with a hammer playing R-Type again. It's always haunting me...watching me...GET AWAY GET AWAY-

Your blood their blood serves the same!!