(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

Doing a tag team run of the PS4 Crash 1 with my brother. Even with making it easier to get gems in that game, there are still some levels where you have to go through the thing without losing one life to get the special gems. The Lost City was something else.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

getting so close to 100%ing Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
two security gates
nine billboards
just a few more jackspots
and like 20, 30 races, tops
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

A bit over 30 hours into Mario & Luigi: Dream Team now

I'm surprised how much I've forgotten about this game. Before I started this playthrough I only really remembered a few vague things, like the beginning of the game, rescuing Pi'illos, and the mountain tour. I figured as I went through again, more stuff would come back to memory but some of this stuff feels like I'm legit playing blind, I really don't remember a lot. There's some pretty neat/interesting stuff in this game. Although I still get pretty annoyed when the game is giving me a tutorial for a Luiginary work. Like, it'll literally do a cutscene and play what I call the "condescending tutorial music" and show me how to press R to switch to the Luigi transform button, then B to activate it.
THIRTY HOURS IN
I'VE DONE THIS A HUNDRED TIMES

I think I'll go for some form of completion. At the very least I'm gonna do all Pi'illos, I have 1 left at this point according to my map. Also will probably do all the photographs. I'll decide whether or not I want to do all beans and all expert challenges. I'm not really sure how hard/time consuming those will be.

I just beat

Pi'illodium

. I think I might be kinda OP because I basically just used a few bros attacks on it and beat it in like 4 turns. But this is hard mode, so there are no holds barred from my perspective.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Oh man, I beat my first playthrough of Personal 5.
Just... wow. 110 hours.
I don't know why I wasn't expecting

Mementos

to be the final palace, though. The final boss was pretty awesome, and actually gave me a little difficulty.
I might start up a second playthrough sometime. Probably not for a while, though.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Been throwing my face against trying to S-rank the Luiginary stack mini game in Dream Team

It's absurdly difficult and unfair. The hit detection is bad, the physics is bad, the controls are bad, etc.

edit: FUCK I just got to 798 and got 3 bombs in a row which I hit
S-rank is 800
I'm pissed

edit:2
Oh my god, I finally did it... Only took like 2 hours?
And shot right past the 800 mark and capped at 999, as it goes.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Wow and the Luiginary Flame one after that I got to 999 on my first try. I think the difficulty of these things might be a bit all over.
From what I read online, Luiginary stack is the worst of it, so maybe this won't be too bad? I can hope?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Man, history has not been kind to Crash 1. I knew it wasn't fun in spots, but that first bridge level nearly broke me. 2 and Warped will hopefully hold up, but I'm not enjoying my playthrough of this remastered version in spots. Nope.

Decided to try out one of my gifts last year in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice instead. This game's around the same below average level of quality, but at least I expected that going in with this one.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Man, history has not been kind to Crash 1. I knew it wasn't fun in spots, but that first bridge level nearly broke me. 2 and Warped will hopefully hold up, but I'm not enjoying my playthrough of this remastered version in spots. Nope.
keep in mind: the remaster wasn't kind to Crash 1 either

while i haven't played the original (i'd totally get it if the current hype hadn't ballooned its price recently) i remember preferring Crash 2 out of the latter pair just because it felt more focused (less vehicle levels, more pure platforming). although the difficulty was also more punishing.

(full completion didn't take nearly as long as Warped, though. but then, i wanted to get all platinum relics, which is absolutely ridiculous and you should not do that)
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That explains it. The first bridge level was a nightmare in that regard because in the original, you have to do that whole level without losing a life to get the gem. In the remake? I think I lost 30+ lives on it before reaching the end. Yeah...
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Gross.

Personally, I always loved the bridge levels. Something about the tight platforming really appealed to me. Slippery Climb too.
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago Wow and the Luiginary Flame one after that I got to 999 on my first try. I think the difficulty of these things might be a bit all over.
From what I read online, Luiginary stack is the worst of it, so maybe this won't be too bad? I can hope?
So I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I started playing Dream Team again (on Hard Mode). I didn't really have any trouble with this except for the first tutorial battle (like 2 hits and you're dead, wow). Anyway, so I made it all the way to the Dozing Sands area and I don't know what went wrong, but I ended up somewhere I wasn't supposed to be early, went to an area I was supposed to be BEFORE the area I ended up in...

and the game soft locks in the middle of a MANDATORY cutscene.

I'm so mad! Now I'm stuck in Dozing Sands with no way out except to restart on a new file, but I don't really want to do all those tutorials over again.
So, I decided its not worth it and gave up.

So now I'm playing Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice. Wahoo!
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I recently got Super Meat Boy, and I can't tell if I love myself or hate myself for getting it.
It is an amazing game, the physics are spot on, and the level design is brilliant.
But it is BALLS TO THE WALLS HARD. Which y'know, is to be expected. But that doesn't hinder my experience. I still think it's amazing.
I'm currently on the World 4 Dark World, going for 100%.

Wish me luck
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years ago I recently got Super Meat Boy, and I can't tell if I love myself or hate myself for getting it.
It is an amazing game, the physics are spot on, and the level design is brilliant.
But it is BALLS TO THE WALLS HARD. Which y'know, is to be expected. But that doesn't hinder my experience. I still think it's amazing.

Wish me luck
If you're still in the mood for that sort of gameplay after 106%ing meat boy (god be with you) then I recommend Ed's latest game The End is Nigh. Been LP'ing it too if you want a sneak peek.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Ivy wrote: 6 years ago
Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years ago I recently got Super Meat Boy, and I can't tell if I love myself or hate myself for getting it.

Wish me luck
If you're still in the mood for that sort of gameplay after 106%ing meat boy (god be with you) then I recommend Ed's latest game The End is Nigh. Been LP'ing it too if you want a sneak peek.
I saw the first little bit of the video, and I have to say, it looks really interesting! From your thumbnail, I thought you were playing a game with Steven (from Time Fcuk) in it, but I was wrong!
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So I've already gotten into the "bleh do I have to keep playing this game" feeling with FF7 and I've only been at it for 2 hours of game time. Not looking good.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

pholtos wrote: 6 years ago So I've already gotten into the "bleh do I have to keep playing this game" feeling with FF7 and I've only been at it for 2 hours of game time. Not looking good.
Give it time. It opens up eventually. I do think it's the weakest of the PS1 FF games, but it has a fun battle system with the Materia.

Also, I stopped Crash 1's remaster for now to play Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. About the same level of quality like I said, but that's a positive in this game's case. There's a challenge platforming section in every main stage to find, and those are my favorite parts of this average game so far. The one speed tunnel stage I did was also all right.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

(not actually a spoiler, but the registered tag is broken I think)
Let's never do this again

Even though this is kinda what I was most worried about, I realized now that I'm gonna have to do the battle ring which could be... fun...
And I don't know if I'm more worried about the regular boss fights or the giant boss fights. I get really frustrated with the giant battles because they go on forever, and most of it is waiting for 20-second-long animations to finish.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

pholtos wrote: 6 years agoSo I've already gotten into the "bleh do I have to keep playing this game" feeling with FF7 and I've only been at it for 2 hours of game time. Not looking good.
People always say to give it a chance but I've given it many chances (seriously I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-60 or so hours sunk into it across several different attempts at it) and it never seems to get better even up to the end of the first disk. If you're not feeling it I'd just recommend moving on to the next game you had lined up. Personally I put it basically at the top of my list of utterly overrated games of all time.
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

i forced myself to the end of ff7. I'm at the final dungeon and simply have no desire to finish the game.
I started playing it April 2014, did all the important stuff and reached the final savpoint (i think) September 2016 and i can still not see why the game should be the "best" ff.
IMO it aged really badly.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
pholtos wrote: 6 years agoSo I've already gotten into the "bleh do I have to keep playing this game" feeling with FF7 and I've only been at it for 2 hours of game time. Not looking good.
People always say to give it a chance but I've given it many chances (seriously I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-60 or so hours sunk into it across several different attempts at it) and it never seems to get better even up to the end of the first disk. If you're not feeling it I'd just recommend moving on to the next game you had lined up. Personally I put it basically at the top of my list of utterly overrated games of all time.
I decided I was gonna play all the final fantasies in order no matter how bleh they got. Heck I managed to finish 4 and I took countless breaks while playing it. It'll take a while but I expect to finish 7 eventually.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Dream Team and it's stupid fucking gyroscope gimmicks can go fuck itself

I've sat through this Bowser giant battle cutscene 3 god damn times, and on the last attempt I did a COMPLETELY PERFECT BATTLE, but it ends in a stupid gyroscope tilty beyblade battle, but my gyroscope completely ignored me and Luigi made a straight beeline for the lava over and over again. I'm sick of sitting through these cutscenes and I'm sick of these entire giant battles that amount to nothing more than simon says quick time events.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I eventually did it but I maintain my stance on the giant battles. I had the same issue in Bowser's Inside Story.
I don't spend all this time fighting every single enemy to level my stats just so the game can throw it all out the window and make me memorize a nonsensical game of Bop-It with 20-second-long cutscenes between every move I get to make.

It's all style, no substance. It's Nintendo trying to trick you into thinking you're playing an RPG.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago I eventually did it but I maintain my stance on the giant battles. I had the same issue in Bowser's Inside Story.
I don't spend all this time fighting every single enemy to level my stats just so the game can throw it all out the window and make me memorize a nonsensical game of Bop-It with 20-second-long cutscenes between every move I get to make.

It's all style, no substance. It's Nintendo trying to trick you into thinking you're playing an RPG.
I personally really loved the giant battles in both games, I always found them intense and fun to play. However, I do respect your opinion entirely
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So, De Blob 2 was a pretty good game, even if there are some bugs/issues currently in the PC port.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team hard mode done.
Completion stats:
Now basically just have to do the battle ring and I'm done 100%

What I'm considering 100%:
  • Game beaten
  • All bros/Luiginary attacks
  • Rainbow rank
  • All Pi'illos saved
  • All beans
  • All expert challenges
  • All Luiginary/Skillathon minigames S-rank
  • Battle ring
I saw online some people consider 100% having all gear, 999 in all the mini games, and level 99. I'm not doing that because it seems like a waste of time. Especially level 99 because that would just be absurd amounts of grinding.