(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by SAJewers »

Picked this up during the Steam Sale:

Ended up beating the main mode in 1 session. Definitely gonna try mission mode next.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

On world 3 of Mario + Rabbids, and I gotta say that this game is a really good strategy game. It's difficult, but not so difficult that you'll rage quit, and the combat is easy and fun to learn, and the overworld exploration is really pretty to look at, and has some pretty OK puzzles!
If you have a switch, I highly recommend this one
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Last year, it was a Final Fantasy kick. This year, it's Fire Emblem. Been playing both Fire Emblem Warriors with my bro and started up a Hard/Casual run of Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm glad they added that casual mode, and it feels like the game was designed with that in mind. This way, I don't have to worry about losing anyone other than the mainest of main characters and can just fly through it at my own pace.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Going through Okami HD, and it's as great as I remember the original being. My only complaint is the difficulty (and I remember having this issue when I played it the first time), but it's way too easy. I kind of wish there was a difficulty setting, because outside of like two bosses, you can pretty much beat the game with your eyes closed.

Still a gorgeous and super fun experience though.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Been playing Persona 3 FES. I sorta wish I didn't play P3P first because oh my the menu design in FES is such a downgrade. It is nice though actually being able to walk around in the environments instead of the point-and-click system of P3P.
I started Persona 4, but I haven't played much of it. I named the Protagonist Duke Nukem, which has made for some amusing moments.
I decided to replay Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones on Normal Mode for no particular reason. Just got to 5x.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Just finished Hatty Time, a delightful game whose real name is so stupid I refuse to say it. Shorter, but more charming than Yooka-Laylee. The indie budget more than occasionally shows up, causing minor glitches, especially around balance ropes, but never ruined the experience for me. Characters are a delight, levels are creative and fun - even the plain pure-platforming levels set in a void full of blocks hold up because the core platforming and the doublejump-dive-jump is extremely satisfying. Worst aspect is definitely stealth, but that's never precise unless you're going for That One Achievement. Stylistically takes more influence from Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy than anything else - unsurprisingly Odyssey knocks it into a cocked hat. Would recommend it over Y-L.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I came across something called the Engineer Challenge for Terraria so I've been trying that. It hasn't gone well and it's not because of the challenge itself. My luck has just been even worse than it usually is.

For example in the span of 20 minutes I was grinding to get tattered cloth for a goblin battle standard and got all the way up to the last piece of cloth and a king spawn randomly slimed. It teleported on top of me, hitting me twice, and knocked me down. I took 60 damage from the slime, 80 fall damage, then 80 more damage from landing in lava when I only had 180hp. I then proceeded to fall out of the door of my house four times in a row because I randomly couldn't grab on to the rope I had outside which resulted in larger falls straight into lava. Then I proceeded to get to the grinding spot, get a final tattered cloth to drop, and died four times trying to reach it (excluding another two deaths from the rope issue) before finally trying to get it. Then I realized I actually needed one more heart crystal. And all that in the span of twenty minutes.

Then I managed to screw up my attempt at skeletron. I needed to use more lava for my trap to work and didn't realize this. And then I spent the next several minutes panicking and trying to dodge skeletron while trying to figure out how to salvage it since I nearly won. And then eye of cthulhu randomly spawned. (Also had a meteorite land on the edge of the dungeon which was actually really bad because next to the dungeon was a desert at the same height as the dungeon roof ending in a cliff which made it a lot harder to get to the dungeon entrance. Had to spend a bunch of time mining that before I could start preparing for skeletron. Though it did net me a set of meteor armor when I was previously wearing wood so that was probably good.)

If you're wondering on the seemingly strange progression order it's because the basic requirements before you can really start the challenge are to get the mechanic which requires beating skeletron then finding a way to beat skeletron without breaking the rules. The only way I'm aware of is to use boulder traps which requires a goblin tinkerer and thus beating a goblin army. (Which was surprisingly easy even considering I'm doing this challenge on normal rather than expert.)
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I caught up to where I was in the last save file in even less time.
I also completed ending A, gonna start route B soon.
So many questions!
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Pokemon Ultra Sun Progression:
I just beat the second trial, and so far I'm loving my replay through Alola! My new team (I think) is fairly diverse, and definitely different than my Sun play through. Can't wait to see what's up next!
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Alice

Post by Alice »

Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years agoPokemon Ultra Sun Progression:
I just beat the second trial, and so far I'm loving my replay through Alola! My new team (I think) is fairly diverse, and definitely different than my Sun play through. Can't wait to see what's up next!
What are the gameplay/story differences between SM and USUM so far? I'm still not certain if I'll be getting it since I don't know what the differences will be.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years agoPokemon Ultra Sun Progression:
What are the gameplay/story differences between SM and USUM so far? I'm still not certain if I'll be getting it since I don't know what the differences will be.
Well up to where I am:
-Gameplay
-Mantine Surfing. Best new thing so far, very fun to try to get high scores, though a teeny bit long
-Trial stickers over Zygarde cells. Not entirely sure what happens when you collect all of them, though collecting certain amounts will make Sampson Oak give you Totem Pokemon
-You can interact with Pokemon in the overworld and cause them to love you. So cute, especially with pokemon like Comfey or Rockruff
-Alola Photo club is a thing. You can take photos. Pretty weird addition, but oh well
-New Pokemon can be found in the wild, making your teams more diverse than before! (I found a Mime Jr.)
-Certain events can be triggered by a day-to-day basis. EX) Helping a Vulpix by coming back to it over a 3 day period)
That's all that I've seen so far, probably a lot more stuff

-Story Wise
-Ultra Recon Squad are a thing, and they will appear every now and then, analyzing Ultra Beasts. Pretty interesting characters, especially since the team changes depending on the version you have!
- I haven't gotten here yet, but I know that Team Rainbow Rocket is a thing.
-Story is more Necrozma focussed
That is all I have seen now, and I can't wait to see what comes next!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I chose right by doing a Hard/Casual run of Fire Emblem Awakening. I don't have to worry about any troops falling for good, and I've been enjoying the silly writing combined with fun battle maps as a result.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

My First 2018 Game is...
Legend of Mana (PSX)!!
Once I played Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3, I love this battle system and graphic and even BGM. So, I found an another Mana series! It was Legend of Mana. This game has cool quests. The overall atmosphere is active and bright. What I mean is Squaresoft's JRPG are the best.
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Dr. Mechano
Hooked on the Brothers

Post by Dr. Mechano »

Just played through Chroma Squad, a strategy RPG based on live-action sentai shows. It was a lot of fun, and I really dug the style and personality that game had.

Right now I'm gradually playing through Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale as well, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's a really unique game about money/resource management with a healthy mix of dungeon exploring and fighting thrown in as well.
salemsaberhagan

Post by salemsaberhagan »

Hello raocowians! :mrgreen:
Does anyone else plan Ankama games? I know Rao is fluent in French, and I'm wondering how many you pals are also into this French companies series of MMORPGs. There's Dofus (classic), Wakfu, Krosmaga and Krosmaga Arena. I'd love to play with you guys if you think it appeals to you. They're all turn based strategy games with beautiful art and a wonderful story. The one draw back is I know no one else that has even heard of Ankama, as I live in the states.
I also play League of Legends, Guild Wars, and sometimes Diablo I and II, and would be thrilled to play that with yall, as well. Turn base Mario games also really are some of my favorites (Never irrelevant. Super Mario Superstar Saga is my jam.). :ugeek:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I don't know why I'm leveling up characters in Fire Emblem Awakening when I'm just going to go for beating the main game. Guess I just wanted those second-gen characters to be super powerful or something. One more to get now that I have free time again, and then it's off to the races.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Mario Odyssey was a good video game
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The Fire Emblem kick continues. I took down Awakening to start my day and my co-op run of Warriors to end it. Awakening is a game I totally would recommend to new players while Warriors is okay but definitely felt rushed. Even the minimap felt off to the point where it was hard to see where you were going.

I might as well give Sacred Stones one more chance while I'm on this FE wave. I was never a big fan of the GBA hardware, but thankfully, the DS provides the lit up screen the GBA doesn't.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Beat Drill Dozer. Was a game I had been playing off and on and only recently felt up to finishing the game, even though the game is honestly pretty short. It's a decent game that I'd say is fairly unknown to most. You play as the boss of a band of thieves aiming to get their diamond back from another band of thieves, using a smol in a tank that has a drill attached to it.

I'm either considering FF8 or one of the side Final Fantasies like FF Adventures next.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

pholtos wrote: 6 years ago I'm either considering FF8 or one of the side Final Fantasies like FF Adventures next.
Before you choose, know that Adventures is actually a Secret of Mana game and the three Legends games are actually SaGa games. Square really liked screwing up their American game titles in the early nineties.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Beat the main story in Pokemon Ultra Sun, and man I gotta say, the charm and intensity of the end game is really cool!
Some of the cool things that are different in the end game: (SPOILERS, DUH)
Exeggutor island is completely different, with Lilly not being involved at all
Once you get to the Altar, rather than you being able to ride Solgaleo into the Wormhole and saving Guzma and Lusamine, they get spit out of the wormhole, causing Necrozma to come and take over Solgaleo.
The scene where Hala is walking and the Ultra Beasts come out, you get to see it from every Kahuna's perspective, which I thought was super cool
You get to ride Lunalla into the wormhole and ride around in ultraspace.
Ultramegalopolis. The entire city is really cool to look at, even if you aren't there for very long. This is where you fight Necrozma, free Solgaleo,
and obtain Poilple.
Mina's trial now exists, and it is awesome to go back and fight (almost) every single Trial Captain in order to complete it.
Mount Lanakila's design is different
You catch Necrozma on Mount Lanakila
New elite 4 member!
New final boss!
The ending cutscene over the credits is adorable, seeing everybody at the festival
I'm really excited to start the Rainbow Rocket side story, and then riding through Ultra Space some more!
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

AuraLancer wrote: 6 years ago
pholtos wrote: 6 years ago I'm either considering FF8 or one of the side Final Fantasies like FF Adventures next.
Before you choose, know that Adventures is actually a Secret of Mana game and the three Legends games are actually SaGa games. Square really liked screwing up their American game titles in the early nineties.
and the european too, since "FF Adventure" was called "Mystic Quest" here and "FF Mystic Quest" "Mystic Quest Legends". I don't even wanna imagine how they would have called the SaGa games, they had no release here.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I have finished all of the quests and all but one of the endings of Nier Automata.
It is really an amazing game. The soundtrack is perfect.
Ending E is hard, though.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Alice

Post by Alice »

BurntTenda wrote: 6 years agoI have finished all of the quests and all but one of the endings of Nier Automata.
It is really an amazing game. The soundtrack is perfect.
Ending E is hard, though.
Some of it is infuriatingly unclear though. I ended up dropping the game awhile back because a quest seemed totally broken. I picked it back up the other day and just chose to ignore that quest and advance things normally. I finally managed to encounter the enemies I was supposed to encounter on that quest on a totally different quest. then ended up getting stuck because I don't appear to have any storyline quests left at the moment. There's like 12 quests in my log but only 4-5 are actually active, with the rest being completed and just randomly being left in my active quest log for some reason, and the ones I do have active are all blatantly unimportant side quests. (For reference this is a bit after your first encounter with A2.)

Speaking of endings, the mackerel quest was a good one. I really wasn't expecting a quest to literally cause you to game over...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Giving Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones another chance. I'm already right at about the point I previously quit at the character path split close to the halfway point of the game. Went with Eirika's route this time, so we'll see how it goes.