(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

I finished up my 100% run of Super Mario Odyssey and gave Uncharted: The Lost Legacy a quick spin before having to take it back to the library. It was pretty fun.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Now that Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel has an English version, I decided to play the series. Both the original Rosenkreuzstilette and this sequel got official English language releases on Steam this year; I got them and started playing the first one. It looks like the game has both the Japanese texts and the German texts translated.

There's quite more going on than I expected. I came mainly for a Megaman-like indie game, but the story and its presentation are quite deep, and much of my attention was immersed in that. It's more reminiscent of the X and Zero games despite the gameplay and structure of the game more like the classic games from what I could tell.

An interesting note is that the Steam English version has subtitles for the voice lines - and I mean not just during cutscenes, but for the times the characters occasionally speak while in action during a boss fight.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Saturn Bomberman is finished, and it was a fun version of bomberman.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

I'm currently eight missions in to the Story mode of Fire Emblem Warriors. Just had my first mission failure... Niles seems absurdly strong and I'm not sure why.

Also playing Astro Boy for the GBA and it's crazy good, wish I had known about it as a kid.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Thanks for the volleyball tip in Mario Odyssey. It made it super easy.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Recently decided to try out Yu-gi-oh Duel Links. It's interesting but I hate some of the changes they made. They halved deck limits as well as basically cutting the field in half. Rather than a deck of 40-60 cards and 5 monster+5 magic/trap slots it's 20-30 cards in your deck and only 3 slots for monsters and for magic/trap cards. When I used to actually play the game my decks were basically always in the 55-60 card size. (Which is better than my Magic: The Gathering decks which were consistently in the 90-120 card size. And in both cases the way I built my deck turned that size into a strength rather than a weakness. My decks were extremely flexible as a result and had numerous different strategies integrated allowing for both offensive and defensive play as well as many different strategies for locking down my opponent's options and countering their moves.)

Also it's free to play which is annoying because I'd rather a paid game that doesn't gate shit behind microtransactions or grinding but that can't be helped I guess. Still annoying that most gem rewards give you 15 gems when a single booster pack, which is a whopping three cards rather than the seven they should provide, costs 50. At least cards seem to otherwise work more or less the same as I'm used to.

Though the generic cpu duelists are laughably incompetent to say the least. Both the level 1 and level 5 ones I've encountered in the 5 hours I played are apparently incapable of setting monsters so they never fight defensively. Thus resulting in hilarious situations where they'll have like 500 life points left and will place a 300-800 attack monster in attack position when you have an 1800+ attack monster out. Even the legendary duelists aren't too big a deal. The only time I've lost against one so far was against a level 30 Espa Roba who had an exceedingly good draw (a 1500 or 1600 attack monster plus two +500 attack equips in his first hand) while I had my worst draw in the entire game. (I drew a whopping one <4* monster in the five turns it took me to lose and no usable spells/traps except the one which extended the game by two rounds by negating his attack one turn and healing me for that amount.)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Not going to be a whole lot of gaming from me in December, so I guess this thread's going to be a bit more quiet. I want to start up that last Fire Emblem game on the 3DS next, but my free time's going into video editing and other projects right now.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

While I'm getting vids ready to talk over, I have started up Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia at long last. Even though we own all three, this is the first 3DS Fire Emblem for me. I'm really digging it. I know this one's the remake, so that keeps things simple enough for me.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

so i finally got around to playing okage: shadow king.

holy wow, what a goofy, weird game this is. how did i not find out about it until fairly recently??
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i;ve been playing sly 3 and it's

okay

kind of tries to reconcile the platforming of the first game with the more mission-based structure of the second game but the story feels inconsistent tonally & it's not really doing anything too new as a result, the only new stuff is gimmicky minigame stuff.

it's not bad regardless, still probably better than the first game, but not as good as the second
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I figured before I moved onto the new BotW DLC I'd try the other one that was released earlier.
I got to like, floor 12 or something and then got 2 hit by an overpowered moblin and I had been playing for probably 45-60 minutes at that point and it kicked me all the way back to the beginning and... I just don't want to try again? It's not very fun. It's just a bunch of bland, uninteresting rooms with some enemies. Pretty lazy and unfun.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago I figured before I moved onto the new BotW DLC I'd try the other one that was released earlier.
I got to like, floor 12 or something and then got 2 hit by an overpowered moblin and I had been playing for probably 45-60 minutes at that point and it kicked me all the way back to the beginning and... I just don't want to try again? It's not very fun. It's just a bunch of bland, uninteresting rooms with some enemies.

Pretty lazy and unfun.
Sounds like how I'd describe combat in general in BotW, honestly.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Speaking of BotW I've legit forgotten how you're supposed to beat the second phase of Thunderblight Ganon.

The battlefield really makes it a pain in the ass.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Currently on Act 3 of Shadows of Valentia. Now that I'm upgrading my characters and doing some side quests that are now possible, the tide is starting to turn a bit. I earned this ridiculously overpowered shield at the end of Act 1 that I have had on my one group's main healer ever since. She is not only able to heal people from far away, but she can also be a tank right out in the open since her defense and resistance stats are so high from that thing.

I've still had too many close calls, but that's to be expected from a hard mode, classic style run. Anyone falls, I reset.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years agoI've still had too many close calls, but that's to be expected from a hard mode, classic style run. Anyone falls, I reset.
You're not using Mila's Turnwheel yet?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

jayScribble wrote: 6 years agoYou're not using Mila's Turnwheel yet?
I know I can do that, but it's in my head that if I mess up at all, just start over. Chances are rewinding a turn won't help me in situations like that anyway. That is how the thing works, right? If not, then uh... Oops!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Playing cleanup on the Dark Side kingdom in Mario. The capless retread of the piranha plant room with the invisible floors is super frustrating. I can get to the end easily, I just can't seem to jump on the giant piranha plants without hurting myself.

I also finished the second BOTW DLC in two days. It... wasn't fun. I wasn't enjoying it up until the new dungeon, where it became fantastic until the end. I'm also waiting for an armor inventory patch because I have one of each clothing item and can't fit the last seven of the new DLC items. Hopefully Nintendo actually makes one.

I also played the Monster Hunter World demo with my wife all four days it was active. It was tons of fun and we're both going to get it. I hope the actual game has proper monster health balancing for two players. It took us so many tries to take out the expert level hunt before twenty minutes expired because the health is balanced for four players if you do multiplayer. That makes it a lot harder with only two or three people.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

AuraLancer wrote: 6 years ago Playing cleanup on the Dark Side kingdom in Mario. The capless retread of the piranha plant room with the invisible floors is super frustrating. I can get to the end easily, I just can't seem to jump on the giant piranha plants without hurting myself.
That one gave me issues, too. I recommend the triple jump since you have the room.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago
AuraLancer wrote: 6 years ago Playing cleanup on the Dark Side kingdom in Mario. The capless retread of the piranha plant room with the invisible floors is super frustrating. I can get to the end easily, I just can't seem to jump on the giant piranha plants without hurting myself.
That one gave me issues, too. I recommend the triple jump since you have the room.
I guess... the backflip sure doesn't cut it. It's going to be hard to triple jump with them barfing all over the floor though.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I know. The backflip only works about half the time. I found that out the hard way. There is room for triple jumps as long as you plan your moves. I recommend going for the one straight in front of you first.

Still on Act 3 in Fire Emblem. That mage tank of mine is probably the only reason I'm lasting on Alm's route right now as I've got a couple of weaker units that have had some bad level ups. My poor sniper has had like four or five times where only one of his stats increased.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago
jayScribble wrote: 6 years agoYou're not using Mila's Turnwheel yet?
I know I can do that, but it's in my head that if I mess up at all, just start over. Chances are rewinding a turn won't help me in situations like that anyway. That is how the thing works, right? If not, then uh... Oops!
All I know is that if you performed a different action, the RNG would be new, plus you can go back and go a different route in tactics if something goes wrong on the first one.

Also, remember that there is retreat option: while it may refill enemy HP, it does not respawn defeated enemies. I remember cheesing certain battles with this a lot.
Bean wrote: Still on Act 3 in Fire Emblem. That mage tank of mine is probably the only reason I'm lasting on Alm's route right now as I've got a couple of weaker units that have had some bad level ups. My poor sniper has had like four or five times where only one of his stats increased.
Which one did you made a mage?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Faye, and I meant Cleric. She seemed like she'd be the best healer of the bunch due to her lower ATK stat. She's now a Saint at this point. Tobin's my Mage (now Sage), Kliff's still a Cavalier, and Gray's my Merc/Myrmidon. Kliff's the only one that doesn't seem to be pulling his own weight, so I wonder if I should've made him an Archer. Still, he's okay at being a small damage magnet/lure for tougher troops, and Python joined up and is already a Sniper.

Having a healer that has a self-healing counterattack spell with high defense and resistance has pretty much been a win button against tougher foes. She takes the first wave of attacks and softens them up for other characters to finish them off while focuses on healing any damage done. She basically won me the first round against Berkut where all of the troops focused on her while she just took chip damage like a champ. Even Alm doesn't last long against some of the tougher foes, but my level for him is kind of low at this point, I'd say. I just got him to 11, I think. Celica is closing in on 19 on her route thanks to the game really favoring characters with anti-undead attacks and healing spells.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I played through Xenoblade 2's story.
The beginning was a little eh, but after Chapter 3 it started getting really good.
Chapter 7's beginning was super emotional, as was the middle of Chapter 10.
I also enjoy the combat a lot. The chain attacks are super satisfying.

I wish that Legendary Cores were more likely to give a rare blade.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Super Mario Odyssey 100% get!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Never mind about Kliff being weak anymore. Upgraded him to a Paladin, gave him the horseback slaying spear, and he's been going to town on foes ever since. Alm's early teammates have all turned out great. Celica's early team is even better along with all three Pegasus/Falcon Knights. As long as I stop advancing too quickly, I should be fine now unless there's another one of those "that map" levels.