(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by AmeijinMayo »

A Wild ARMs game and a pasta are always a recipe for a good time~
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Played a bit of Final Fantasy I (NES) yesterday. Still a fun game, made it past Pravoka. Currently grinding money for magic with the Buccaneers KYZOKU before heading to Elfheim. Party is Fighter/Monk/W. Mage/B. Mage. It's a quick game so I just named everyone AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD too.

AmeijinMayo wrote: A Wild ARMs game and a pasta are always a recipe for a good time~
oh worm

ricotta and spinach tortellini is just ahhhh <3
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

I was playing Sevtech Ages but it got pretty frustrating trying to get the absolutely broken water wheel multiblock to actually, somehow, work, so I ragequit and deleted it.

Why does every modern Minecraft modpack have to have insane progression gates and/or thaumcraft? Would it kill someone to make something like Tech World 2 but for the 1.12 packs at least? Maybe I should go back to the 1.6.4 packs I'm familiar with. FFS -_-

It's all GregTech or something else because I guess insane progression gates and/or making everything super tedious equals good these days. I get some of the concepts, but why do garbage like Abyssalcraft and Thaumcraft have to have super obtrusive world generation? I'd love to be able to go more than a short distance without running into either a Shoggoth lair or a taint biome, even then it's just lame as heck. Why can't you just be like the Twilight Forest and have your own dimension so you don't totally mess up my overworld with your stupid world generation?

...anyone have any good packs that aren't garbage, for Minecraft? I can't think of any I'd enjoy that are within the past 5-years :/
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

heaven's vault

really neat and unique game. pretty much the entire game is just exploring ruins and learning about the history of the game's world. it helps that the game's world is really interesting and unique on its own. no platforming or combat, minor puzzles, lots of dialogue and walking. and sailing on space rivers. very relaxing and very immersive. i don't know how much i have left (have played for like 10 hours and there's really no indication of where i am in the grand scheme of things, WHICH IS GOOD) but i want there to be a lot more
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finally put in the time on trying to power through Iconoclasts last night. There's a fun game to play here when not so good story time stops.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

Finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order with basically 100% (not counting a few echoes/scans, but with completed map, chest, and secret completion)! Really fun game. Love the planets and all the cool combat things you can do, cool characters, and nice combat. It's kinda like Sekiro, but it didn't exactly have the finesse of Sekiro's playstyle. I thought the story was good, but maybe could have been fleshed out more? If feels like there could have been more boss fights or a few more locations, especially since you only

fight two out of the nine sisters

. There's a lot of neat world building and exploration though, so that made up for it. Love the customizability of all your shit, too. There were also quite a few glitches, though that might be because I was playing on PS4 and it isn't that optimized for the platform? Who knows, but it made me unable to get a certain achievement, so that was a thing. Super fun overall, though!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beat Iconoclasts. It was fine, but could've been better. Now let's see what Switch game is next since there's like four or five choices here.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I'm in a sort of NES mood due to watching NES Works and Gaming Historian's vids.

So far I've rebeat Donkey Kong and beat Donkey Kong Jr. and Popeye. Gonna be playing Mario Bros. until I'm tired of it or I make it to phase 99. I'll be using savestates to retain my progress though because fuck playing without continues.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I'm pretty close to getting all the connections maxed out in the Central Region in Death Stranding.
Just a couple more left.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Finished my first successful run through Death Road to Canada's default mode. The double barrelled shotgun is ridiculous.
Nast

Post by Nast »

Still trying out new games on the Mega Drive Mini. Managed to beat Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle the other day, and attempted it today on Hard difficulty, which is exactly the same as Normal but with zero starting lives so I'm not sure what the point is.

I knew some Alex Kidd games were well-liked but I assumed that applied to this game too, so I ended up pretty disappointed with it. It can be pretty fun to kill enemies with your jumping kick, or when you have the projectile attack, but otherwise the controls are floaty and slippery, the level design is repetitive and uninteresting, and the jankenpon mechanics are pretty much RNG.

holy shit alex

Also tried out Castle of Illusion today, got to world 4 before game-over'ing. I kinda like it so far. Nothing remarkable by today's standards but pretty cute and relaxing to play. I bet I would have loved it as a kid.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

I put Dreepy on a li'l pause, mostly cause hey, different video games exist!(?)

So I bought myself Portal 2, and OH MAN, WHAT A GREAT GAME. I managed to beat the main story after only a couple days, but man, the level design is so so great. It had me legitimately stumped numerous times, but once I figured out where to go, I felt like such a gamer
:slow:

Anyways, video games am I right!?!?!?!?!?!?
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Trying to do my MM2 run here. From a no-damage perspective, this game is way less fun to go through than MM1. Way too many variables in both stages and fights, and some of those things aren't exactly fair.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I decided to start a Randomized Pokemon Emerald run
I picked Mudkip, which I named God, who started with Whirlpool and Clamp.
It also had the TM for Frustration, which is what beat May.

Wally got a Jolteon.

Roxanne ended up being a Flying-type leader, so it was super down to the wire.
I only beat her last Pokemon, Ledian, thanks to Smokescreen.

My team so far:
God, the Mudkip with Whirlpool, Clamp, Bubblebeam, and Frustration

Gabriel, the Swinub with Mist, Ice Ball, and Cut

Michael, the Makuhita with False Swipe, Double Kick, Recover, Rolling Kick

Uriel, the Sentret with Scratch, Smokescreen, and Facade

Azazael, the Wingull with Bind, Thief, Air Cutter, and Bullet Seed

Samael, the Charmander with Triple Kick, Ember, and Will-O-Wisp
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

I finished my first run of Everspace after 60 hours of attempts. It's been fun, but I want to put it down a spell so I can play other things. I basically learned that if you can get everything you need to finish the run by the start of Sector 6, it's a simple matter of having enough fuel to reach the last jump gate.

I'm at the end game for King of Cards, but only now did I find out "GD, there are 18 medals on the airship?!" Depending on how long I take, I should be done before the week is out.

I might play Scanner Sombre one night (since that's supposed to be very short), but I also want to move to finish the DQXI S demo this week. Got other games I want to play, but can't until Saturday (close to hitting 1TB monthly data cap).
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Shamefully I've never actually played Okami before this year and I have to ask: what is going on with this plot structure

'You know that guy who's definitely the final boss? Nah you body him like significantly less than halfway through the game'
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years ago Shamefully I've never actually played Okami before this year and I have to ask: what is going on with this plot structure
If I recall, Okami is split into a few big chunks that have little to do with each other. It's almost like a TV show where each season has a separate lead antagonist. This has the side effect that certain points don't have enough build up.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I completed Death Stranding.
What a wild ride of a game.
I loved it.

For my Pokemon Emerald Randomized run, Brawly was a Fire type leader, which worked out really well for me since my Wingull learned Hydro Pump at Level 13
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

tried out the speedrunners demo on switch. this feels like it's a game? there's polish? they have a reasonable single-player campaign? after all these years it feels like a finished product???????

since when??? ? ? ?
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Can I just say that Joustus (in King of Cards) sucks? There's just way too much information to be played in that game. And what's worse is that a huge chunk of Merit Medals are basically "Beat this guy in Joustus," which tends to get gimmicky super quickly (especially with the Knights).

Also I'm certain the last Heirloom and another reward or two are hidden behind defeating Cardia the second time (which requires clearing all four Joustus houses) as well as getting all the Merit Medals.

It's really soured me on King of Cards, which is a really good game otherwise. I worry when raocow eventually plays this ):

Also played Kingsway for a bit on Xbox Game Pass (which I got for free with my CPU). I thought I would like that game because it had a cool concept, but it just comes off as meh?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Switch port of Freedom Planet. Apparently in my mind, I'm only allowed to play as one character per version we own here. This time, it's the dog character, Milla.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Kleetus wrote: 4 years ago
Mata Hari wrote: 4 years ago Shamefully I've never actually played Okami before this year and I have to ask: what is going on with this plot structure
If I recall, Okami is split into a few big chunks that have little to do with each other. It's almost like a TV show where each season has a separate lead antagonist. This has the side effect that certain points don't have enough build up.
Okami is secretly Okami 1, 2, and 3 and I love it

(Okamiden is Okami 3D Blast though)
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Nast

Post by Nast »

I played Her Story and beat it throughout the last 3 days. It's a... well, I'm not sure what genre I'd put it in honestly. You look through a database of video interviews in order to piece together a murder mystery. The catch is that you can only retrieve video clips by searching for keywords, and each search only shows you 5 results max, so you have to pick up on important words and phrases said in the interviews in order to search for more videos. It's a very unique way of telling a story. Not exactly fun in terms of gameplay, but it had me pretty invested.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I've gotten up to the Lavaridge Gym in Pokemon Emerald Randomized.

I caught my first shiny Pokemon that isn't an event Pokemon, a Wobuffet that I named Abaddon.

Wattson's gym ended up being a Dragon-type gym.
Uriel, now a Girafarig, had Dragon Claw so it wasn't too bad.

Magma Leader Maxie on Mt. Chimney was a Ghost-type user, and one of his Pokemon was Shedinja.
It was super rough since I forgot what it was weak to, but thankfully I ended up guessing right with Rollout.

The Lavaridge Gym was a water-type gym.
Flannery had a Dewgong which turned out really dangerous.
It was faster than Michael, so his Leaf Blade got put out immediately after an Ice Punch.
Cassiel, my Voltorb also didn't get to do much against it.
I ended up getting paralysis on her Dewgong with a Body Slam from God.
Body Slam has proven very useful.

Norman's gym was a Bug-type gym.
Norman ended up shredding my team with a Ninjask, who I only ended up beating thanks to Body Slam being able to paralyze.

My team so far:
God, the Lv28 Croconaw with Muddy Water, Body Slam, Rock Smash, and Moonlight

Michael, the Lv28 Breloom with False Swipe, Double Kick, Recover, and Leaf Blade

Uriel, the Lv28 Girafarig with Flash, Magnitude, Future Sight, and Dragon Claw

Azazael the Lv26 Yanma, with Hydro Pump, Luster Purge, Air Cutter, and Cut

Jegudiel the Lv28 Charmeleon with Dragonbreath, Flame Wheel, Mimic, and Confusion

Cassiel, the Lv29 Voltorb (which evolved from a Pichu) with Rollout, Return, Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle
Last edited by BurntTenda 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

played the demos for The Touryst and Speedrunners.

Touryst was like 10 minutes but the demo was enough to sell me on the atmosphere for sure.

Speedrunners has a substantial amount of content, and even multiplayer for four tracks. and i'm shocked that it feels like a real video game, considering how many years i had played the unpolished greenlight version.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage