(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What brick games are you playing?

Post by Awoo »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago I sure do love building brown bricks
i was about to post that joke

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by BurntTenda »

Im still making my way slowly through Death Stranding.

I finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Jedi Master difficulty. That was pretty fun.
There were a couple of issues, like Kashyyyk having to load stuff in often, particularly on later visits, and frame rate not being smooth occasionally.
I beat the Ninth Sister on my first attempt by some stroke of luck.
That was cool.

I also bought The Lost Child on Switch since it was on sale for $20 on the eShop.
It's pretty alright so far.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Playing Trine 4 with a friend on the PS4. Skipped 3, but this one plays pretty much like how the first two did other than not being able to cheese as many sections like you used to. They even change up the level design a bit depending on if you're playing the game in single player or co-op. A couple of the block puzzles they introduce in one stage though got more than a little exhausting. Other than that, it's been a fun run so far.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Finally finished Star Revenge 6.25 (phew)

Again, that level of Brodute diffculty curve is what almost put me on the edge (plus some of my screwups). The mid to late game levels gave me a hard but rad time, and the

Celeste Inspired Level

was surprising.

And there you have it! Another Star Revenge finished.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Finally started up a game this year, and it's a big one -- Witcher 3.

Everything about this game is putting me in the mindset of Skyrim, but it keeps throwing me off for having like... actual polish and... not being a buggy mess. The quests also seem to actually make you put in some work instead of having you mindlessly follow waypoints, and there's some depth to the combat. From what I heard, even the little sidequests you find around aren't just copy-pasted autogenerated simple fetchquests like Skyrim; they actually put the work into hand-making a bunch of little quests, which kinda blows my mind cause that is not a small amount of work. So far so good! I'm pretty overwhelmed by tutorials, even 2 hours into the game, and I still haven't fully grasped the controls or combat, but I'm sure it'll come with time.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

- Been playing Death Stranding! Having a good time; I feel like I've already done so much but I'm not even on Chapter 3 yet lmao
The atmosphere is really neat, and the gameplay is a weird combo of relaxing and stressful. It's one of those games that I like to play between other games since the main gameplay focus is very slow, so I'm making slow progress there.

- Playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, as well. Had it on the Wii U, got it on the Switch because I need a Mario Kart game. I forgot how fun this one is! 200cc is my favorite mode, so I can't wait to get to that after I finish the Mirror Cups!

- Started up Monster Hunter World! This is my first MH game and I'm having a blast. I'm mixing up controls a lot and I'm overwhelmed by tutorials and I feel like a fuckin' video game boomer but it's super fun! I spent like 30 minutes on character creation to try to make one of my OC's haha

- Still have not gone back to Touhou 14 because I'm not in that headspace, nor am I in the headspace for Sukuna
Last edited by GenesisJames 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Very cool! Those all sound like pretty good times. If MHW ends up being a nice enough of an experience, I recommend taking a look at past entries too, since those are a lot of fun as well.
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe

Re: What playing you games are?

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i bought octopath traveler like Two Months Ago? and i'm just now sitting down with it and giving it a try

i'm mostly enjoying it mechanically and visually, but my god it is hard to look at the center of the screen sometimes. the bloom is way too strong and it kinda saps the color from things and makes everything unnaturally bright

i picked the apothecary to start with and i'm really enjoying his options in battle! i've got a couple other party members and i'm excited to see what everyone's like
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
GenesisJames

Post by GenesisJames »

AmeijinMayo wrote: 4 years ago Very cool! Those all sound like pretty good times. If MHW ends up being a nice enough of an experience, I recommend taking a look at past entries too, since those are a lot of fun as well.
I definitely will! I've heard good things about some of the past entries, especially 4 on the 3DS, so I might go to that one next! Not for a while though; have WAY too big of a game backlog at the moment haha
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

GenesisJames wrote: 4 years agoPlaying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, as well. Had it on the Wii U, got it on the Switch because I need a Mario Kart game. I forgot how fun this one is! 200cc is my favorite mode, so I can't wait to get to that after I finish the Mirror Cups!
I probably posted about this back when it was happening but I went through and did 100% in MK8D and was informed after the fact that whatever achievements you complete on 150CC are also applied to the slower speeds below it. I worked my way through all of them from slowest to fastest, one by one because I didn't know that. Though maybe it was for the better I did that cause I was able to learn courses and whatnot.
🤷‍♂️
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I've been playing Ring Fit Adventure for the past two weeks. It feels good, but exhausting. It's got pretty basic JRPG mechanics holding together the "combat", except every attack is a small workout routine such as pressing/pulling on the resistance ring in various positions, squats, just a LOT of different moves and I'm still unlocking the basic ones two weeks in. It's exhausting! I'm physically breaking a sweat in just a 20 minute session, drinking ridiculous quantities of water. I play DDR regularly and this is proving to me that it's just not enough compared to a full-body workout! The companion character is pretty alright, a little annoying but sufficiently motivating and his voice isn't bad. The antagonist is hilarious - giant beefcake dragon. He's the boss of every chapter, and each chapter takes a few days to complete - assuming you do one session per day - and they're getting longer. I suspect soon I'll only be seeing him once a week!

Oh yeah, still playing DDR regularly (still sitting around difficulties 11-13) and Warframe (MR18 now). Not much to add to those. I own a Railjack! Railjack needs additional development work. It's fun, though.

I'm also playing Mega Man Battle Network, at the behest of my Mega Man loving gf. She's insisted I play the first one first because it's aged the worst, and wow, the dungeons are kinda something. I feel there's a reason so many people recommend just looking up maps and puzzle solutions - this is almost 80s style game design! Mazy labyrinths with questionable gimmicks limiting your vision and a high encounter rate. The plot is very typical kiddie-shonen, an elementary schooler named Lan and his cool AI companion MegaMan.exe bust viruses and save the web and the city from the evil World Three (WWW for short)... if you saw raocow play either of the Battle Network spinoffs in AtMM, you already know the abridged plot. It's daft but cute, but also surprisingly ahead of its time for a 2001 release - automated cars, web viruses, personal assistant devices, Internet of Things... but then it extrapolates them to very silly and kid-friendly plots, like stopping your network-connected oven from burning down the house by "jacking in" and busting the FireMan.exe virus. Now the battles, those are pretty good! I like the chip system and grid movement, it's neither turn-based nor fully an action title... I'll share more thoughts once I finish it, but it does feel strange going back to a title I passed up when I was 13. Oh well, it's something to learn more about!
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years agoI'm also playing Mega Man Battle Network, at the behest of my Mega Man loving gf. She's insisted I play the first one first because it's aged the worst, and wow, the dungeons are kinda something. I feel there's a reason so many people recommend just looking up maps and puzzle solutions - this is almost 80s style game design! Mazy labyrinths with questionable gimmicks limiting your vision and a high encounter rate. The plot is very typical kiddie-shonen, an elementary schooler named Lan and his cool AI companion MegaMan.exe bust viruses and save the web and the city from the evil World Three (WWW for short)... if you saw raocow play either of the Battle Network spinoffs in AtMM, you already know the abridged plot. It's daft but cute, but also surprisingly ahead of its time for a 2001 release - automated cars, web viruses, personal assistant devices, Internet of Things... but then it extrapolates them to very silly and kid-friendly plots, like stopping your network-connected oven from burning down the house by "jacking in" and busting the FireMan.exe virus. Now the battles, those are pretty good! I like the chip system and grid movement, it's neither turn-based nor fully an action title... I'll share more thoughts once I finish it, but it does feel strange going back to a title I passed up when I was 13. Oh well, it's something to learn more about!
Ohhhh this is a series I really have a soft spot for even though I'm not very good at it (I've beaten all of the games at least once, but never done postgame in any of them cause it is NOT easy). There's actually been a fairly recent resurgence of popularity for the series in the past few years. I'm not too sure what it is but I do like to take a little bit of credit for kickstarting getting some traction in the Battle Network subreddit (/r/battlenetwork) a few years back. It's a series I think would really do well to make a comeback these days (preferably not as a stupid mobile game). There really isn't any other series I've played like it in terms of combat. It's such a unique mix of real-time fighting and deck building, it's really fun.

I'd agree with your girlfriend that it's best you start off with 1 because it's a real slog going back to it after playing the later games where they built off that groundwork. I hope you enjoy it, it's a great series!
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

Been trying to collect all of the Gigantamax formes in Pokemon Sword while the event lasts, doing pretty good so far! In terms of my shiny Dreepy hunt, I've lost track of how many exactly I've hatched, but I wanna say I'm ~250 eggs, nothing so far.
I also pre-ordered the DLC for Sword, super hype for everything included, especially the new Legendaries!

Also uuhhhhhhh if anybody finds a Gigantamax Appletun raid can they shoot me a raid code he's the only one I'm missing
:ehh:
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
GenesisJames

Post by GenesisJames »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago I probably posted about this back when it was happening but I went through and did 100% in MK8D and was informed after the fact that whatever achievements you complete on 150CC are also applied to the slower speeds below it. I worked my way through all of them from slowest to fastest, one by one because I didn't know that. Though maybe it was for the better I did that cause I was able to learn courses and whatnot.
🤷‍♂️
Oof, yeah, I didn't know about that! Ah well, more time with the game is always good, especially with the high quality of all the courses.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Shovel Knight's Explodatorium absolutely destroyed me on the New Game+, so I switched to Plague of Shadows. I feel like I'll never be able to play Plague Knight well (there's so many ways to optimize that I don't think I'll ever master), but I can do it well enough to beat levels, and it's super fun regardless.

Also, Duck Game's single player is way more interesting than I'd been led to believe. Some pretty neat challenges and elaboration on items that you just can't get from the main game. My only issue is jetpack shenanigans - there's no way I'm going to be gold medaling any of the challenges that require the slide-to-jetpack combo. That execution is ridiculous.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nast

Post by Nast »

I played World of Illusion the other day with my husband. It's kind of a childhood game for me, I remembered it being super charming and fun to play with a friend. Playing it now after all these years... it's ok? It definitely has a lot of quirky charm, and the moments where you need to work together to progress are pretty memorable, plus every level has something new. But it's a bit on the janky side and can waste your time a lot - the mechanic of pulling your partner up with a rope is cute at first but is pretty slow and gets reused a lot without any variation. Other than that, by the end it can be a bit of a chore, with enemies that take multiple hits to kill and not much interesting platforming going on. Also we got softlocked due to glitches not once, but twice, one the same world no less, which forced us to replay earlier segments and reinforced how there's not much reason to play it more than once.

The cool thing though is you get unique levels depending on whether you're playing co-op, alone with Mickey or alone with Donald. But ultimately this game is a lot more memorable as a multiplayer experience.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

NastCF wrote: 4 years ago I played World of Illusion the other day with my husband.
omg cute

too bad about the softlocks :c
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been playing Death Stranding in between games.
I played through Arkham Knight recently, getting the full ending was very tedious, mostly because of having to solve all the riddles for it.
Especially since the whole Knightfall part of the ending was just kinda lame.
Otherwise it was pretty fun.

I'm in Chapter 5 in Death Stranding.
Being

separated from BB

has been a pretty neat gameplay challenge. I've actually learned how to sneak away from BTs even after getting spotted by them.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

BurntTenda wrote: 4 years ago I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been playing Death Stranding in between games.
I played through Arkham Knight recently, getting the full ending was very tedious, mostly because of having to solve all the riddles for it.
I recall the award for getting 100% in that game is a batman suit with a gold batman logo on it but you can't even use it in other save files, just run around in your completed game so it's literally useless.
Arrietty
Smol like a frend.
First name: Arrietty
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arrietty »

I just finished Ultimate DOOM in Ultra Violence. That is my 3rd run of the game on the Switch version. It was a very fun and challenging ride until a few certain levels of Episode 4 (Namely E4M2 and E4M6. They have wayyy too many enemies. Jeeez)

Trying Sigil now that it's on Switch, which is basically a brand new episode of DOOM. So essentially, "Episode 5".
So far it is alright and interesting but I find the level design extremely linear. It's... an interesting change in direction for sure.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago
BurntTenda wrote: 4 years ago I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been playing Death Stranding in between games.
I recall the award for getting 100% in that game is a batman suit with a gold batman logo on it but you can't even use it in other save files, just run around in your completed game so it's literally useless.
Actually, I think the gold Batman logo reward is for completing the game and one of the DLCs twice.
I think that's right anyway.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

BurntTenda wrote: 4 years ago
Ashan wrote: 4 years ago
Actually, I think the gold Batman logo reward is for completing the game and one of the DLCs twice.
I think that's right anyway.
I'll trust you're right, it's been a few years but either way I remember putting in a lot of work for disappointment
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

I got Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valencia the other day and I'v been playing that. I'm on Chapter 4 right now, and overall I like the game.

I got the urge to beat VIP3 so I did. Not too bad, except for some late game levels.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I got through

Chapter 9

of Death Stranding
What an amazing boss fight
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Been playing Wild ARMs 2. Had a bout of falling out of love with the game during my illness period but I'm feeling better and I am just. Feeling the game.

It's repetitive and it's very basic, very fillery. The translation is jank but, something about it just sticks with me. Mostly the music. The dungeons are pretty good too. Bosses are what's kind of boring.

They're the carol boss of RPGs, the kind that you just hit and heal repeatedly. I've been mostly coasting over using just normal attacks and Lilka's Heal. Only used Revive once. Haven't really gotten any other magic added to the Crest Graph other than the preset Flame and Freeze.

Fun fact: One time I was eating tortellini with butter and playing WA2 and I was just in heaven

Meanwhile I've also been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my brother's house. Waiting for him to give me a (jailbroken) Wii to play it at home alongside Galaxy 1.

I'm still at the early game, beat Peewee Piranha's Temper Tantrum, Storming the Sky Fleet, Saddle Up with Yoshi and Spiny Control. Spiny Control was a matter of figuring out I'm not supposed to jump to hit King Lakitu and then ragequitting like an idiot.

Levels are getting a bit tough, but I'm also not good with analog sticks. I tried Think Before You Shake but it's pretty tough. Maybe next time. The Chomps are so cruel orz. Galaxy 1&2 are so good I really want to play them more. And to hear 3D World is even better... I need to get back to Odyssey too!
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*