(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Slimeman01 »

Isaac Switch update: Finally beat "The Guardian", and I feel so good. That challenge was a pain, and one of the main reasons I beat it is because of The Bible item. Thank Edmund that item can kill mom instantly.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'd kinda like to get back into Isaac. I haven't really played since like a few months after it came out where I got Real Platinum God. And I got so much stress from doing all the stuff with The Lost (apparently they've buffed him since then too) that I have PTSD and have never wanted to play it again since.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago I'd kinda like to get back into Isaac. I haven't really played since like a few months after it came out where I got Real Platinum God. And I got so much stress from doing all the stuff with The Lost (apparently they've buffed him since then too) that I have PTSD and have never wanted to play it again since.
They have buffed the lost, now he has the D4, Spectral tears, and best of all, the Holy Mantle. Still doesn't make him any less intense to play, but it makes him more fair. Just make sure you've donated 879 coins to the greed machine, as that's how you unlock Holy Mantle for the Lost
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Holy Mantle alone would have made it WAY less tedious and stressful, not to mention spectral tears and D4 are huge bonuses. The thing was, before you basically just had to reroll until you found a run where you started off with Holy Mantle and/or Guppy. Otherwise it was kinda stupid hard and likely just not worth your time to try without. So once you DID actually get one of those, it was super stressful because not only does dying mean your run is over, but it potentially puts you back to 15 minutes of holding the R button until you get one of those items again.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565

Post by Kshaard »

Just put a new battery in my Ocarina of Time, and spent a couple of hours redoing the first part, which was great fun.

Switched off the console for supper, and when I came back the save was gone. I guess I soldered it in wrong? I hope I haven't fried the SRAM or anything…

edit: Just double-checked everything, and it looks like I got the battery's polarity backwards somehow. Oo-er…
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

BurntTenda wrote: 6 years ago I beat the 4th Palace in Persons 5.
Other than the lack of enemy variety, it's definitely my favorite Palace so far.
It was nice after the very meh 3rd Palace.
The next palace is probably my least favorite in the game, enjoy

Amongst other things I have been playing snake pass recently, which would probably be a better game if it wasn't so damned slow paced. It's okay though.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Parama wrote:
BurntTenda wrote: 6 years ago I beat the 4th Palace in Persons 5.
Other than the lack of enemy variety, it's definitely my favorite Palace so far.
It was nice after the very meh 3rd Palace.
The next palace is probably my least favorite in the game, enjoy
Oh gosh, the 5th Palace was even worse than the 3rd... At least with the 5th Palace, I actually like the Palace ruler's design.
The boss was pretty disappointing, though.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

The boss is so awful lol.
Honestly the only boss that posed any real challenge was the boss in the second palace. And there was also one annoying miniboss in one of the later palaces too.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Slash it is a really basic game, but it's enjoyable in a way. Very good game for practicing letter and number locations on a keyboard.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Still pushing through on Dream Team. Just finished the red beefcake guy boss.

There's still something that just feels really... empty about this game. It's like a weird knockoff of the better parts of the earlier games but without the soul. Any time I'm in the dream world I just get bored. Everywhere looks the same, the music is all the same instrumentation/feel. And there's so many segments where they pretend like it's a puzzle, but you literally don't have to think at all to "solve" it. Like you just walk in a straight line. You see one of the Luiginary works or whatever they're called in the background. That means you probably hop into it and just do whatever is required. Maybe you'll see a block you have to push. So you push it and it opens the only path you could possibly go in. And if there's ever an even SLIGHTLY new gimmick, there's a several-minute long cutscene that explains it to you, no matter how obvious.

I'm enjoying the challenge of hard mode, but as I mentioned in my last post about this, not being able to skip cutscenes is so absurd that I don't know how that was never implemented. Like, some of these cutscenes before major fights are just so long, on the most recent one when I died I started the cutscene and then started scrolling through stuff on my phone while alternating back and forth B and A with the other hand to go through the dialogue as quick as possible. That's the real threat of dying: having to sit through the pre-battle cutscene again.

So much of the game just feels like it has no respect for the player. All of this obvious stuff that's explained flies right in the face of the otherwise challenging combat system. Oh, and also the fact that they wanted you to use the 3D so bad that they specifically set up scenarios where the enemy is in a straight line between you and the camera, so you're supposed to use the "depth" to figure out where they are. But most of the time I'm just memorizing the dodge timing because stuff flies at you so fast, it's impractical to visually see the timing for these things.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The only thing I remember not liking about Dream Team since the tutorials are standard fare for games nowadays to me is the whole Ultibed quest. That part goes on too long, and worse, the boss actually hard locked my system once. That was about two or three hours out of the 40+ that I remember never wanting to touch again.

Anyway, I'm sitting on the fence of either trying out Wonder Boy or Cave Story on the Switch next. Both look fun, and I've never played either.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

So at my Canada Day Festival, there was a little Nintendo tent where you could play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or ARMS, and I finally got to try ARMS.
I've gotta say, that game is really fun! I love using the motion controls to play, as it feels natural. I got to play against my friends, and the matches were pretty close.
Also while there, I got third place for time trials on Hyrule Circuit, so that's pretty cool
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I chose to start up Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap. Turned out to be a pretty good choice since the game itself looks to be on the short side. A few secrets would be annoying without a guide, so I'm glad I went with it once I got to around the halfway point, but it is a remake of an old game. I guess I should've expected a few obtuse secrets.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

The further I get into Dream Team the more I'm enjoying it. I think I'm finally past the tutorials now that I'm, ya know, only 20+ hours in.

I keep telling myself I'm gonna do some real strategic gear usage and leveling strats and whatnot, but every time I rank up I've just chosen the extra gear item slot because that seems like, way better than any of the other rank up options. But maybe I'm just short-sighted, I don't know. I have some really good gear, so being able to equip another piece is really helpful. And by another piece I mean another item that increases my POW by 20% or something.

Literally all my gear I have equipped is the best POW+ items I have for both Mario and Luigi. I even have them both wearing Fighter Wear right now which increases POW by a decent amount but it also drops your speed by like 20 points. So most of my battles at the moment are dodging enemy attacks which still works out okay if I'm able to counter the enemies, but if not the fights end up pretty long. Still worth it for the pretty great damage output I'm getting.

I honestly pretty much forgot I'm playing hard mode at this point. It seems like once you're well-leveled and got your gear equipped and whatnot, the game gets easier than it started off in hard mode. I use items so rarely that the 10 max of each item barely affects me, and I've got a coin stash of like 20,000 (which I keep so I can use my Golden Hammer with Mario for... more POW)
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Don't forget to equip the Birthday gear, and then keep changing your 3DS' time to your birthday for the massive BOOOST
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Slimeman01 wrote: Don't forget to equip the Birthday gear, and then keep changing your 3DS' time to your birthday for the massive BOOOST
Oh, trust me. I definitely considered it

Seems like cheating to me though, so I'm not gonna do it. I did use the birthday hammer for a while though because its base damage was higher than any of my other hammers. That was a while ago though. I have much better ones now.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

So I was playing some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a bit today, and while I was playing online, I somehow got a bulletbill in third. IN THIRD. BULLET BILL. NO JOKING OR LYING. I really wished I screenshotted it, but oh well!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Going through Cave Story+ on the Switch. Pretty fun little platformer and am on track for the best ending... although not 100%. Sorta missed an early item in an area that changes up after a certain point of the game because I didn't know you could aim up until afterwards. Oops.
Omega Metroid
Antimatter made of matter. Do not question this, as therein lies the path to madness.
Pronouns: ghaH

Post by Omega Metroid »

Recently, I've been playing Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Super Smash Bros. 3DS, andSenran Kagura, and replaying Epic Battle Fantasy 3. Got a few other games to get around to, too, but that's for later.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years ago So I was playing some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a bit today, and while I was playing online, I somehow got a bulletbill in third. IN THIRD. BULLET BILL. NO JOKING OR LYING. I really wished I screenshotted it, but oh well!
How many racers were there, and how far ahead was first place? The item distribution shifts a bit based on that, I think
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I finished up snakebird right before going to bed this morning. Really fun puzzle game, definitely recommend it for puzzle enthusiasts.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Ivy wrote: 6 years ago
Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years ago So I was playing some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a bit today, and while I was playing online, I somehow got a bulletbill in third. IN THIRD. BULLET BILL. NO JOKING OR LYING. I really wished I screenshotted it, but oh well!
How many racers were there, and how far ahead was first place? The item distribution shifts a bit based on that, I think
12 racers, and I was relatively close to first place
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So I started final fantasy 7 a day or so ago. Spent quite a bit of time fixing the graphics settings and figuring out why it wouldn't save. :P

The game seems... all right so far. Although the grammar of the game leaves much to be desired, and the main character is a doof.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

pholtos wrote: 6 years ago So I started final fantasy 7 a day or so ago. Spent quite a bit of time fixing the graphics settings and figuring out why it wouldn't save. :P

The game seems... all right so far. Although the grammar of the game leaves much to be desired, and the main character is a doof.
idk what youre talking about the grammar are sick
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I recently picked up GalCiv III again after not playing it for a couple years. Wow do the larger maps get really laggy. Then again they're freaking enormous. Like holy crap I wasn't expecting them to be that big. You can only see maybe 10% of the map if you zoom all the way out. Wouldn't mind that if it didn't lag so much though. Almost every single turn the game will freeze for a good 10-30 seconds and this is both early in the game and on a fairly decent computer as well. I can only imagine how laggy the later parts of the game would be...