(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Crow »

oops i'm replaying mario odyssey
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Tried this game Psi-Ops mindgate conspiracy via the ps2 emulator. Made it up to the telekinesis tutorial, where you use different amounts of pressure on the L1 button to determine how high a telekinesis target would be risen... which means I'd be unable to control it at all, partly due to the emulator, and partly due to the fact that the L1 button has very little room to be pushed at any level of strength, and thus is a complete and utter mess to try to make work.
Coupled with the fact I'm sorta iffy on shooters, especially third person shooters and you basically have something that didn't hold my interest for too long. Ah well, next game.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch Update:
So I was on a Band Trip, giving me plenty of time to play, and I did it. I beat Delirium as the Keeper. I'm done now.
All I have left to do is unlock 3 more booster items, and find the rest of the items I'm missing. Delirious and Greed's Gullet, here I come.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Flying along through Breath of the Wild still. Completed 1/3 of the shrines, although I'm barely going out of my way to do the Korok thingies that are everywhere. I'm trying not to use a guide, but I caved for a moment to find a few of those little dudes since they help out in a big way.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

While I've been playing Breath of the Wild and making good progress, my bro and I flew through Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition's story mode. Game's still all right, and it definitely runs way smoother than it did on the Wii U, that's for sure. It's all right.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And add yet another game to the mix in Nine Parchments on the Switch. It's a co-op action RPG where you go around blasting monsters with magic. Originally, the game had a bug that would erase your save data randomly, so I'm hoping it's all been fixed because the game's silly fun.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I just finished playing through Lisa: The Painful RPG and Lisa The Joyful. It was comparable to Mother 3 and Undertale, both in absurd humor and in hitting you with the feels. But it's much more morally ambiguous than the other 2, to where you're not really sure who's the bad guy. It's just a really messed up story. Gameplay-wise, it was a little too easy, the hardest part of it was trying not to accidentally walk off the edge of a cliff to your death. I tried out all of the 30+ companions in Painful and figured out several broken-tier strats that made the whole game a cakewalk... and in Joyful it's just a matter of taking Joy at every difficult boss and winning through sheer brute force.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I'm finally playing The Last of Us for the first time.
It's pretty neat so far, although I'm super bad at it.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Halfway through Breath of the Wild now. I'm terrible at finding the Korok Seeds, but I'm pretty good at figuring out the shrines. I'll admit my bro gave me a pointer in one of them because I never knew you could set both types of remote bombs out at once. Made getting past that very short trial once he told me that. And hey, I returned the favor by telling him that the open space in the rock circles generally point you in the direction where the other missing rock is.

Along with that, beat Hyrule Warriors and Nine Parchments in our co-op runs of that. I think I'll either be taking on Tropical Freeze in multiplayer or the new Bloodstained NES homage game on my own next.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch update:

FINALLY. GOT. 1,001%. I only have 3 more items to unlock (Moving Box, Broken Modem, and Huge Growth), and the I'm done. Until the other boosters come out, but still.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Finishing Celeste on Switch. At first I thought “Oh great, another generic 8-bit platformer?” But man, this game is so much more than that. I’ve been gripped by the heartwarming story, and I’m really impressed at how seamlessly it’s tied into the gameplay. I might go for the B/C sides as well.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Closing in on 75 shrines completed and getting ready to stock up for my third Divine Beast now in Breath of the Wild. I spent one of my play sessions doing side quests and hunting for a few Korok Seeds. I'll admit to using a guide for the latter in some cases because I don't have the patience to run all over and find a needle in a haystack like that. Shrines are different. Those I've all but one or two done without any guides to this point and are totally fun to uncover on my own. Besides, you get a sensor for those things anyway.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Short break from Zelda tonight to try out Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Got through the first two stages, and I can say that it certainly has that Castlevania NES game feel to it, that's for sure.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I ended up modding Skyrim SE and palying that a bit lately. I've run into some hilarious inexplicable issues. Last night I had a bug where I tried talking to an npc too soon after he ended the conversation and the game didn't know what to do. So it settled on a blank unexitable conversation. The even more hilarious bug though was one that left me nearly completely unable to quicksave. After looking into the bug I found out that the solution is to enable TAA. If you have antialiasing disabled (which I did because I don't really need AA, especially at the performance penalty I get) or have FXAA enabled (which looks like trash) then the game inexplicably has issues with quicksaving. Luckily I was already intending to lower some graphics settings to improve performance, notably shadow quality, distance, and foliage distance, which overall left me just above my previous performance levels. Not that they're fantastic though. I still commonly get upper 20s to mid 30s fps outside. Inside I typically get mid 40s to 60 though which is helpful.
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

I’ve been playing Bloodstained as well. My god, this may even top Castlevania 3 in my list of favorite Classicvanias if the quality keeps up (Yeah I prefer 3 over 4. Sue me.) If this is the teaser we’re getting, I eagerly await Ritual of the Night.

And because it had to be done, #FuckKonami.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I've been playing Fire Emblem Warriors.
I've done most of the History Mode maps that aren't DLC.
I'm almost finished with the Hero Challenge map.

I still need the Sol Katti Scroll for Lyn, but I'm not looking forward to a bow-only stage.

I'll probably get the DLC soon.
Maybe after unlocking Anna.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Over 90 shrines and three of the Divine Beasts taken care of. I probably could go rush in and beat the game if I wanted, but I want to see how many more of these things I can uncover on my own here first. Game kind of has a needle in the haystack thing going for it with many of these shrines. For some, I like it. Others are a little too obtuse for me. Either way, game's been fun enough for most of the 60+ hours I've put into it.
A.I.L.L.C.
Natural-born nothing.

Post by A.I.L.L.C. »

Finally picked up Dark Souls Remastered and it has been a blast so far... right up until the Capra Demon. Why in the blue flying hell is that boss fight arena a) filled with spiteful doggos and b) so tiny?! I doubt it'll be as much of a brick wall as the blood-starved beast was for me in Bloodborne, but... bleh.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And Hyrule is safe once more. Breath of the Wild is basically what I thought it would be when I first saw it at E3, a 3D representation of what the first Zelda game was like. Tons of exploration and being able to go just about anywhere on the map once you get past the opening area. A Link Between Worlds basically recaptured the magic of the 2D games for me, and this one just felt great for the 3D stuff.

If they do another game in this style down the road, I hope it includes more enemy types. That's about the only complaint I have with the game along with any gyro control puzzles. But yeah, the shrines being your heart pieces and all the things you can find or do on the world map really resonated with me well. Wound up playing around 70 hours, and I still have twenty shrines left to uncover and quite a bit of side quests to do, but the main game is finished. Totally would recommend it.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Zach808 wrote: 5 years ago I’ve been playing Bloodstained as well. My god, this may even top Castlevania 3 in my list of favorite Classicvanias if the quality keeps up (Yeah I prefer 3 over 4. Sue me.) If this is the teaser we’re getting, I eagerly await Ritual of the Night.
I also like CV3 over CV4 since I preferred the multiple characters and branching stage paths. I finished my Normal mode run off right after beating Breath of the Wild to do nearly all of the harder Nightmare mode run this morning. Should finish that off later on and call it beaten even though there's more content after that.

I like how the branches come during the stage in this game since you get to play around with all the characters at once instead of having to pick and choose one partner like you did in Castlevania III. It's definitely a nice mix of that with a hint of Rondo of Blood mixed in. Yeah, this is another fun Switch game by Inti Creates. They seem to make a lot of these fun NES-like games with this, Blaster Master Zero, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Played thru the testament of Sherlock Holmes, pretty solid enjoyable adventure game with a pretty solid plot, I have a lot of these games from some bundle and may go back and play the older ones too, see if they're any good
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The original Street Fighter is rough. Playing it on the 30th Anniversary Collection game. Yeah, this series starts with the second game even more than Mega Man does... because I actually like MM1!
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Well, I'm feeling nostalgic today. Time to bash my head against the wall for hours on end as I try to beat this game once and for all. :D

Edit: World 1 is kicking my ass. This is gonna be fun.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I beat Gauntlet Dark Legacy! :D
So after completing Gauntlet, I'm going to... do a gauntlet! :D
This is what I rolled:
NES: Getsu Fuuma Den
SNES: Darius Twin
GBC: Force 21
Gamegear: Jeopardy! Slider
Megadrive/Genesis: T2: The Arcade Game (Oh no why)
TG16: Final Lap Twin
DOS: Pool of Radiance
NeoGeo: World Heroes 2
GBA: Zidane Football Generation
Master System: Air Rescue
CD64: TRAZ
Commodore Amiga: Edd the :duck: !
Sega Saturn: Titan Wars
PS1: Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace
N64: Rat Attack!
Dreamcast: Power Stone 2
MAME: Golden Ghost
I'm not gonna be giving myself a time limit for these cause oof.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well... Power Stone 2 is fun!

Meanwhile, the original Street Fighter is not. I save scummed my way to a victory against the AI that will move spam you any chance they get. Didn't help that the controls are totally stiff as can be. Glad I moved on to the original Street Fighter Alpha after that. Game feels way better. Still not good at it, but at least I know it's because I'm bad at fighting games and not playing a bad fighting game anymore. Ha-ha.