(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Crow »

Started playing Re:Chain of Memories and uuhh

I already didn't like this game on the GBA when I was like 12 or something but the 3D version might actually be worse, the combat is sooo janky and slow and boring, mostly boring
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

Started to continue streaming 46 Okunen Monogatari: The Shinkaron / E.V.O. (PC-98) and boy did I waste a lot of time the second chapter because i didn't find a 1 tile wide passage. Basically i was overleveled for a whole half of the chapter :kood:
I'm always surprised how good the bgm on pc-98 are while the sfx is garbage. Here's the OST [yt][/yt]
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I decided to take a break from DQXI to pick up Wario World.
I beat the first world, it went mostly well. The platforming is a little iffy at times, mostly due to the camera.
The sublevels that give you the crystal things within the levels are neat.
Wario's piledriver move, however, has made everything worth it.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Wario World is a strange one. It seems there was a brief period of time in the early 2000s where Nintendo was willing to take some really weird risks with their games. Like Mario Sunshine which has always been seen as a black sheep in the series. Luigi's Mansion. Wario Ware began around this time. Even Wario Land 4 had that music room where you could listen to the strange ambient soundtracks while Japanese men dresses as Wario made faces and did silly 2-frame animations.
It's stuff I don't think Nintendo would have done in like, 2014 when they got REALLY vanilla with all of their franchises.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Got through Blaster Master Zero 2 this morning. That was a fun time with a few moments of frustration due to some late-game stuff. In this case, it was fair frustration, just tough old-school style gameplay. Can't believe they stealth launched it, but I'm glad it was released since it wound up being better than the original to me. Guess I just like those bite-sized maps more than having one giant one. Gave the sequel some much-wanted variety.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

Y'know, even Metroid Prime was probably a risk too. Like, a 3D Metroid? That's crazy. And now it's a normal part of the Metroids.

I beat the 2nd world of Wario World. Boy, was the second level of it rough. But it was a circus themed level so I kinda like it.
The World 2 boss l, Dual Dragon, was not good. The boss's attacks just kinda happened, and I ending up getting a bunch of game overs. Thankfully, I had a billion monies so I could just continue playing badly.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Almost finished up with my second playthrough of Sekiro. Doing all of the bosses I missed in my first playthrough, or... at least the ones that I can do in a single playthrough. Cause this game is oddly unique from the rest of the Soulsborne (what is that word now, Sekiroulsborne?) games in that depending on the path you take you can get access to different bosses.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

the full English translation for The Great Ace Attorney is finally out thus I am playing it
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i restarted ff6 for some reason and im at zozo
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago I still feel the need to check in with this thread even though all I've been playing is Warframe
So I'm still playing Warframe and I'm still playing Baba is You (more on that another time)

But I've gotten back into a game I was a big fan of 12 years ago
(I'm on the left)
It's pretty embarrassing being 30 years old, balding and hopping and bopping about in public, but to hell with it, I love DDR.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Got my second ending in Sekiro. Also killed the optional bosses this time around. And got almost all of the prayer beads except one I missed and it became unavailable by the time I realized it, and a couple you can only get through a different ending.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

I beat Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (The PS1 version) today, so that means now I've beaten every mainline Persona game at least once. I liked it a lot, even if it is a little dated but it's not too bad. I don't think I'll do the bonus dungeon but perhaps someday when I have nothing better to do I will. The music is quite good for the most part. I prefer Innocent Sin's regular battle and boss themes and the final boss music is really good

for pummeling Nyarlathotep a second time. Kinda lame it's the same in both games though

. Now to wait for the PSP version translation patch.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i restarted tales of phantasia because i'm using mednafen now for ps1 bullshit because fast forwarding also pcsxr (and epsxe for that matter) is an unstable fuck and also not that accurate and i made it to the cless and arche dogfight scene in the span of like three days (roughly 10 hours)

i keep getting pwned with facts and logic by sky!ishrantu
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yoshi's Crafted World continues the fine tradition of not having two Yoshi games in a row have a good soundtrack. It's passable in spots, downright disastrous in others. The game itself is fine, but I don't think the quality is near what they did with Woolly World at all, and that's kind of a bummer.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Finished NG+ in Sekiro. There were some pretty damn tough fights there. Including one I did for my first time because I went for one of the alternate endings that gives you an additional boss fight.

Speaking of, boy oh boy does it seem like they really didn't want anyone finding these alternate endings on their own. The list of steps is difficult to do even with a tutorial because people are having difficulties even figuring out what triggers certain events. So tutorials will get to a part where it's like "and idk, talk to this person a bunch and maybe rest at the idol to reset the world and maybe it'll eventually work." It's probably the worst thing about this game.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I'm close to getting the Platinum Trophy in DQXI now. All that's left is to

defeat the final final boss

, get everyone to max level, and get the Crossbow Colossus trophy.

I also beat the 3rd world of Wario World. Shivering Mountain was not very fun to explore, but the stage boss was pretty interesting.
Beanstalk Way, however, was very nice to explore and a bit more open in its progression.
The 2nd stage boss was a spider that was just a bit too real looking in parts of its design. So that was not fun.
The 3rd world's boss was pretty neat, even if damaging it felt awkward. At least the damage didn't feel like it just kinda happened like it did with the 2nd world's boss.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Finished getting all the achievements in Sekiro last night. I guess the real final boss of the game is grinding enough skill points to buy all the techniques. I ended up just going through higher NG+ levels and buying them with the experience that came just from doing that. I ended up finishing the achievements on NG5, and I figure since I'm this far I might as well cap out the difficulty just to say I've done it.

It's probably too early to be impatiently awaiting DLC but man this game is a lot of fun. Unfortunately on the shorter end though.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Played through Blue's story in SaGa Frontier over the past few days. It's like 5 hours long if you know what you're doing, so. I'm already past that in my file tho.

Got the Light Magic gift, grinded a bit in Koorong's sewers, got the Grail Card, got some money around the many worlds, did the Junk Shop (for equipment) and Takonomics (for money to buy spells) exploits, got the Gold Card, got the Shield Card, got the Saber Card and the Arcane Magic gift, grinded a bit in the Bio Research Lab for magic and techs/skills/waza/whatever, tried to fight TimeLord, got owned.

So I'm back to grinding. Might check the accessory shop in Manhattan to see if it has anything that might help me (probably not).

It probably would be easier if I just went to fight Kylin since he doesn't have Overdrive (gives you 8 free moves to do whatever you want at the expense of all your JP and WP once its done), but the fact that according to canon,

Blue ends up making Kylin's Paradise vanish by stealing the Space Magic gift from Kylin, rendering all the children who live there homeless

makes me sad :( and that's why I always go for Time Magic (also Time Magic is broken).

I'm just playing random RPGs to stymie the feeling of being sad and depressed.

Image Image
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

KobaBeach wrote:

I'm just playing random RPGs to stymie the feeling of being sad and depressed.

That's pretty relatable.

So I beat Wario World.
The 4th world was pretty good.
I wasn't expecting a second mansion-based level, but clearly they had more ideas, this time involving mirrors. The level was very straightforward, but pretty fun.
The final level at the pyramid place was the complete opposite and was the most open level in the game. It was nice to explore, even if certain parts were a little same-y. There was also one thing that soured the experience, and that was the sublevel thing that had rotating platforms that were weirdly shaped. I was stuck on that for like an hour.
The boss was pretty rad. The presentation of Captain Skull's fight was kind of amazing.
The final boss was pretty fun, too.
And I got to see all the spritelings dance and it was terrifying.

Thanks Treasure.
You made a video game.
Now that I know it was Treasure the weirdness makes sense. Especially for the bosses.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

I started Summon Night (going as Hayato) and a bit into translating the prologue for my playthrough (it's in Japanesese), I'm distracted with listening to 80s Eurobeat instead of playing the damn game : ) uh oh

You can pick between four protags at the start of this game, later SumoNais shortened it down to two (boy and girl):
Outgoing guy -> Hayato Shindou
Outgoing girl -> Natsumi Hashimoto
Lone wolf guy -> Touya Fukazaki
Wallflower girl -> Aya Higuchi

I think they're all battlemages but the girls focus more on magic stats while the boys focus on physical stats or smth? I'm not an expert so don't quote me on this. They show up in Swordcraft Story in the Kagro Volcano segment in day 8, depending on what you say about the hero of Seijent (where SN1 takes place) when you're asked about them.

There's also your magic partner which, like in every Summon Night game, is picked depending on the options you choose in the prologue. Those of you who played Swordcraft Story 1&2 may remember the quiz at the start of the game to pick your summon? Cleru x Rasho and Pratty x Sugar 4lyfe

I found out about this series because of SEAWAR's hack so blame him haha (it's also what made me take the plunge and finally play Arc the Lad, I previously heard about it in the /v/'s recommended games wiki)
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Started up NG7 in Sekiro, which I believe is the difficulty cap.
Honestly, similar to most of the Souls games, the biggest jump in difficulty is from NG to NG+ and then every increment from there is such a small percentage that you don't really notice the difference. But still, at least I can say I did it. Maybe later I'll challenge myself to play with one or both of the built-in mechanics that makes the game harder.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Started up NG7 in Sekiro, which I believe is the difficulty cap.
Honestly, similar to most of the Souls games, the biggest jump in difficulty is from NG to NG+ and then every increment from there is such a small percentage that you don't really notice the difference. But still, at least I can say I did it. Maybe later I'll challenge myself to play with one or both of the built-in mechanics that makes the game harder.
Did you ring the bell at one point?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

I'm playing JUMP 1/2
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

jayScribble wrote: 5 years ago
Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Started up NG7 in Sekiro, which I believe is the difficulty cap.
Did you ring the bell at one point?
That was one of the two methods I mentioned for making the game harder (the other being Kuro's Charm). I used it a few times for item farming but thankfully I was smart enough to have read the sign and item you get when you do.

Unlike in Dark Souls 2 where I started off the game and immediately joined the covenant of champions and played through half the game not realizing I made the game harder.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Don't know if this counts as a "game", but I bought the Nintendo Labo VR kit! I bought the starter set with the headset and the gun, mostly cause it was cheaper. The instructions were absolutely amazing, and I made it in no time flat! And on top of that, it's a great VR tool as well! A great introduction to the world of VR
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!