(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Never mind about Kliff being weak anymore. Upgraded him to a Paladin, gave him the horseback slaying spear, and he's been going to town on foes ever since. Alm's early teammates have all turned out great. Celica's early team is even better along with all three Pegasus/Falcon Knights. As long as I stop advancing too quickly, I should be fine now unless there's another one of those "that map" levels.
You mean forts maps with stupidly powerful bosses, magic users, and/or respawning annoying enemies?

Anyway, what level's you Alm now? And who joined you on Celica's split path?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

jayScribble wrote: 6 years agoYou mean forts maps with stupidly powerful bosses, magic users, and/or respawning annoying enemies?

Anyway, what level's you Alm now? And who joined you on Celica's split path?
Yeah, I almost lost Faye to that Act 3 final boss on Alm's route. Thankfully, she had just enough backup and took down the bad dude's health bar so he couldn't use magic anymore. Saved the kid just in the nick of time since I'm sure Faye would've been picked off by her otherwise. Alm's near level 17 now. I used the EXP springs on him since I don't use him much in combat, but I want him at 20 when he promotes. I guess that will happen at the end of Act 4.

Celica got to 20 with barely any grinding at all. She was almost at 19 with a couple maps left, so I thought I might as well max her out and did. Now she's in her promoted class with high attack and magic stats. I picked Sonya since this game seems to really favor magic users.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

How are you with forging weapons and unlocked skills now?

And good luck with the future battles: you need it.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

jayScribble wrote: 6 years ago How are you with forging weapons and unlocked skills now?

And good luck with the future battles: you need it.
I seem to be doing okay. My biggest issue in Fire Emblem games is advancing too fast and getting one unit annihilated by enemies he/she shouldn't be near. Summoned reinforcements were only an issue in the very last battle I did against Dolth just now since those units are plentiful on hard. Weapon forging is fine since I will admit to using a guide to get some of the better stuff like the Beloved Zofia sword.

I still think I'll be good for the most part with the usual mistakes on both sides. Honestly, it's knowing which units will pursue you actively and which that will hold the fort no matter what that is the big thing about this. If you can pick them off one at a time so your magic units can attack the magical powered bosses, you should win unless you miss. That hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure I just jinxed things.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Oh my God the reward for beating Champion's Ballad is... well I can't even remember the last time a game made me smile this much.

nyooooooooooooom

The dungeon was actually a fair bit easier than I thought it would be, and when I unlocked the final room I was like 'this can't be it', but then

when the monk started moving I was like 'ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this.'

I'd like to battle the monk again only better this time because although I got through it first try I did pretty fucken badly

AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Yes, I was was super satisfied with all of those parts of the DLC you mentioned. The rest, not so much. I wanted something different from the rest of the game.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Mata Hari wrote: 6 years ago Oh my God the reward for beating Champion's Ballad is... well I can't even remember the last time a game made me smile this much.

nyooooooooooooom

The dungeon was actually a fair bit easier than I thought it would be, and when I unlocked the final room I was like 'this can't be it', but then

when the monk started moving I was like 'ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this.'

I'd like to battle the monk again only better this time because although I got through it first try I did pretty fucken badly

The combat is actually fun for the first time in the game.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Hey now, it's always fun to fight a Lynel. It's also fun to fight the overworld bosses on occasion.
TheFinalSentinel

AuraLancer wrote: 6 years ago Hey now, it's always fun to fight a Lynel. It's also fun to fight the overworld bosses on occasion.
Ehhhh, Lynels are too easy to cheese. Just find a wall or ledge to jump off of and bullet time them in the face to stagger them 20 times.
I guess the minibosses are alright though. They're easy, but don't take forever to kill.

The big thing is that the DLC boss actually felt like a Zelda boss, and not knockoff Dark Souls diluted 100 times.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I recently got Realms of Magic after a couple lpers I watch tried it out. It's got a fair amount of potential for a Terraria-esque game. It's very definitely early access right now though. The combat in particular is pretty clunky and too difficult. Armor rating seems to have very little effect on damage taken (a wolf when I had 5 armor dealt around 17-19 damage per hit while at something like 250ish armor it deals only 14-17 and this is 7 hours into the game. And bears are worse. Even now they hit me for 96 damage. I only have 50hp) and weapons don't really advance very quickly. Progression goes stone->tin->copper->bronze->iron and the difference in damage between a stone axe and an iron sword is depressingly small despite the fact that I only even have an iron sword from a quest. I can't even craft one yet despite my 7 hours of gameplay. A stone axe will deal like 4-6 damage or so while the iron sword is 7-9 or something close to that.

Also an even bigger pet peeve is the fact you drop your inventory on death. This is worse than it would be in Terraria since there's not simply one map to the game world and the map doesn't currently mark your last location. The world map is a grid that's something like 15x25 or so tiles in size and each tile is a separate map. And a fairly large one at that. Tiles are bigger than they are in Terraria but I'd guess that the physical size of each map is around the same size as a medium or large world in Terraria. This is exacerbated even more when you can only get to the world map from the edge of a submap. If you're like the lpers I've watched play the game then you're likely to just build your home at the start of game spawn point which is in the middle of a map. Meaning you have to travel 2-3 minutes just to leave the spawn map, let alone the travel time from there to get back to your body. And that's with the spawn map cleared of enemies and with movement speed upgraded by a bit plus sprint costs decreased a bit.

That said, the basic idea behind the game is interesting so far. I just hope the devs can live up to their studio's name (Polished Games) without dying out like Edge of Space did.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I got AVGN adventures on Steam + The entire soundtrack for only like $3.20, so that's pretty good all in all!
So far I've only beaten the game on easy mode, I'm now close to beating medium, and then I gotta beat the harder difficulties!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Deleted my save in BOTW to experience the game fresh after putting it down for a couple months.

Other than that, 100 Rooms Of Enemies and considering a Shining Force "Bad Character" run for funsies.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Slowing down on Fire Emblem while I work on the MaGMML2 vids, but I managed to get past a rather tough level where I basically had to bum rush a boss that could summon Witches that would've annihilated my low resistance party on Alm's side. That Fear Mountain level lived up to its name! Stopped in the shrine just after it since it's a pretty big place, and this gave me the chance to chance Alm to a Hero since I got him to level 20 at long last.

It feels like you should wait just a bit on some characters before promoting, but this game also favors quick promotions to even up the odds.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Slowing down on Fire Emblem while I work on the MaGMML2 vids, but I managed to get past a rather tough level where I basically had to bum rush a boss that could summon Witches that would've annihilated my low resistance party on Alm's side. That Fear Mountain level lived up to its name! Stopped in the shrine just after it since it's a pretty big place, and this gave me the chance to chance Alm to a Hero since I got him to level 20 at long last.

It feels like you should wait just a bit on some characters before promoting, but this game also favors quick promotions to even up the odds.
Because I didn't have Faye as a Cleric (and as a result lacked a rescue unit), I used the Warp, Brave Lion on an annoying enemy, then retreat at least a few times at Fear Mountain.

The promotion (or officially Class Change) is a bit weird for this game. Quick ones allow certain stats to be at the minimum for the class, but it also leaves your other stats unraised, so promoting 20/20 (and in some cases 20/20/20) would give out the maximum potential to give out more stats to increase (especially Resistance). You need those higher stats if you want to complete the postgame stuff.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I avoided the Zelda DLC up until now because I wanted to re-experience the whole game again along with all the DLC in a fresh playthrough after not playing it for a while...

holy crap, it sucked me right back in... I was planning to just rush through all the main quests in Master Mode and get to the Champion's Ballad as soon as possible, but then I ended up doing like 70 shrines, 120 koroks, every tower, all the labyrinths again, and a good number of sidequests before even starting any DLC stuff... The fact that I'm way better at the game now than I was in my first playthrough made it kinda more enjoyable in some ways. And I've been doing things in a different order and found that some characters acknowledge when you do certain things early and have different dialog for it.

I'm really impressed with the Champion's Ballad quest so far. It's a lot longer and more difficult than I was expecting. The new puzzle shrines I've done so far are definitely in the top tier of shrines in the game, and apparently there's still a lot more stuff left. I've also been taking tons of screenshots of this 2nd playthrough... I just fell in love with the world so much I just couldn't stop taking screenshots of the landscapes and everything. It's almost kind of like a screenshot LP I guess. For anyone that wants to read it, I'm publishing it on my blog site here: https://www.animevglog.com/message-list ... g?m=596192
TheFinalSentinel

Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Risk of Rain is a pretty fun co-op game, having never played it before. It's probably a LOT easier to beat in single player.

I wish everything wasn't so tiny though.

I got super close to a co-op completion but I died on the flippin' final boss after about a 70-minute run.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

Skyrim Switch. Yes I've already played the heck outta this game but also IT'S SKYRIM ON THE SUBWAY!
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I finished one of the History Mode maps in FE Warriors.
It's a pretty fun game.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

I got Mario + Rabbids, and I gotta say, the game is really interesting! And really good at that. I also got Pokemon Ultra Sun, I;m gonna start that too.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm on Act 5 in Shadow of Valentia now. If I'm not using my Dracoshield character (now Delthea) to basically curb any enemy advances, it's Alm getting Warped near the enemy by Silque, using Double Lion, and getting Rescued out of there by Faye triple threat.

Edit: And I got to the final map of the game and proceeded to slowly battle my way over the course of an hour through every enemy until only the final boss remained... and he got me with just 7 HP left. A double critical hit, and I would've won. Instead, I'll redo that tomorrow.

Double edit: Or tonight. I win. Ha-ha.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I started Nier: Automata.
Unfortunately I have to restart because of a side quest locking my progress.
Yay, 11 hours lost...
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I'm on Act 5 in Shadow of Valentia now. If I'm not using my Dracoshield character (now Delthea) to basically curb any enemy advances, it's Alm getting Warped near the enemy by Silque, using Double Lion, and getting Rescued out of there by Faye triple threat.

Edit: And I got to the final map of the game and proceeded to slowly battle my way over the course of an hour through every enemy until only the final boss remained... and he got me with just 7 HP left. A double critical hit, and I would've won. Instead, I'll redo that tomorrow.

Double edit: Or tonight. I win. Ha-ha.
Are you planning to complete Act 6?

Even with the DLC classes and Star Jacinth/Starsphere stat boosts, the last dungeon is difficult to beat, due to the length of the dungeon and absurd enemy stats on the lower floors. I once nearly had a 53% chance to lose all my progress in that dungeon.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

consecutive replays within a single day are doing nothing to diminish the fun of sonic mania

mach 2'd all the special stages yesterday heck yeah
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

jayScribble wrote: 6 years ago Are you planning to complete Act 6?
Nah. I've had my fill of that Fire Emblem that the post-game feels kind of moot. I already moved on to Fire Emblem Warriors.

Apparently, my game played time for Echoes was close to 60 hours. That's 20 more than I put into Odyssey, and the third-longest game I've played this year behind World of Final Fantasy and Persona 4. Yeesh.