(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

I talked about it before, but I recently wound up getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii. To say this game is awesome would be an understatement. Literally, the game keeps giving you those "Oh, wow!" moments that SMB3 and World gave me as a kid. Going through this game with a friend (or in this case, my younger brother) was so much fun, but it made some of the stages, especially in the second half of the game a real panic fest. The light Wiimote stuff doesn't compromise the gameplay either. I can honestly tell you that it's comparable to the old classics, and that's just amazing to me.

Also picked up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 along with that. What's surprising about this one is that it took me longer to get through NSMB Wii than it did MW2 on its hardest difficulty. It's still a good game, but man, there's something about these shooters that is really starting to get old. There wasn't any level that stood out to me. That's kind of odd considering that Call of Duty 4 had plenty of memorable moments. Oh well.

How about you all?
Last edited by Bean 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
BlackDS

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by BlackDS »

User was banned for this post. (Permanent)
Geometry Wars: Galaxies (DS)
Elite Beat Agents (DS)
Korg DS-10 Synthesizer (DS)
Gaultlet Dark Legacy (Gamecube)
We Love Katamari (PS2)
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
randoguy101
spicey tomato
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by randoguy101 »

BlackDS wrote:User was banned for this post. (Permanent)
Um... well then!

On topic:
Lately I've been playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy and Banjo Tooie. All are very addictive games, reccomend you should play them.
- randoguy101
Morag

Post by Morag »

well...
There are the 2 serise I am LPing right now... (in sig)
Playing MW2 (360), Half Minute Hero (psp), FF: Dissidia (psp), Borderlands (360)
and some D2 (PC) and Wow (PC)
New LPs Every day -- Rain or shine! ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/Morag0
Working on -- Muramasa The Demon Blade (Wii) -- Lets Play: Holy Umbrella: Donderas Wild!
Done -- The Underside (Demo - Patch 3) -- Battletoads *Blind Run* --
-- Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds (Hack) -- Shadow Complex (Xbox Arcade) --
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

NSMBWii
Bowser's Valley (Hack)
Pandemonium Fortress (Hack)
Mario's Keytastrophe Demo 4 (Hack)
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
kilon

Post by kilon »

Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
Super Demo World (Hack)
Super Mario Odyssey (Hack)
Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (Xbox 360)
ePunk

Post by ePunk »

Modern Warfare 2 (360) - GT is ePunk if anyone wants to play :D
Beatles Rockband (360) - Honestly I cannot get enough of this game. This is one game I doubt I'll ever get sick of
God of War Collection (PS3) - tide me over until GoW3 lol
Left 4 Dead 2 (PC) - Zombie Killin', love all dat!
Shadows

Post by Shadows »

Glimmerati (its for the N-gage, has anyone even heard of that system?)
Resident Evil 4
LOZ OOT (for the 20th time :P )
Burnout
Tito Approved

Post by Tito Approved »

Civilization 4.
I'm boss
ImageImage
Click megaman for great art
Booo95

Post by Booo95 »

I've been playing me some Chrono Trigger. It's a pretty sweet game though I hate how you can
fight Lavos right after getting the Wings of Time. It's annoying because you can beat all of his forms right up until his final one where he instantly kills you. It's basically a 40 minute loading screen for the game over screen.
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

At the moment. NSMBW, freaking hell, it's amazing. Only one thing that annoys me on that game is the "shake the wiimote to spin"-thing. I move way to much with my controller wich makes mario spin all the time, resulting in death cause of holes or ennemys...
But other then that, great game! Nintendo did a great job!

Other then this game I play alot of Team Fortress 2 and soon I will play Left 4 Dead 2. (The only online games I play)
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

I jump between games like a butterfly, so to keep track of what I'm playing I have to write it down.

in a spoiler tag cos the list is long...
Zelda 1
Zelda MM
Zelda LTTP
Zelda Min Cap
Super mario bros 1
Super mario world
Kirby adventure
Actraiser
Earthbound
Pokémon emerald (hack)
Mario 64
Paper mario tyd (gamecube)
Banjo kazooie
Okami (wii)
F-zero GX (gamecube)
Mario kart super circuit (GBA)
Sonic collection (all original 2d games (but not sonic CD))
Psychonauts (ps2)
Jak 3
GTA SA (ps2)
Resident evil 4 (wii)
Persona 3
Cave story
Braid
Metroid prime (1)
OOT Master quest
some games are missing off that list, including but not limited to games that don't really have a end or have multiple ending (of which I've got at least one), games I'm re-playing and some roms and Indy games ect...

The main games I'm playing at the mo though are Persona 3, Okami, Metroid prime, re-playing Wind Waker.

also been playing Modern Warfare 2 on my bro's 360 online quite a bit, been coming first in a bunch of death matches which is unusual as I normally suck as FPS's.

p.s. I just realised that Modern Warfare 2 is the only "current" game I'm playing, and it isn't even mine...
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

BlackDS wrote:User was banned for this post. (Permanent)
Uh...

Anyways, I'm mainly playing the new demo of Mario's Keytastrophe, Mushroom Kingdom Meltdown 2 and Bowser's Inside Story right now. And just in case you're a stupid, ignorant idiot, the first two are hacks. :P

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about Pokemon Ruby and Platinum!

I hate you all.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

A pal of mine bought NSMBW yesterday, so we've been playing that together now. It's pretty fun; SMB with actual 2-player gameplay really is something, although we're barely making any progress because we keep accidently knocking each other into pits or enemies and screwing each other out of powerups(it gets even worse when a third person joins in). It's pretty chaotic, but also a lot of fun. I'm not normally an SMB fan (cue "get out"), but they really managed to get this one to fit my tastes.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

Terry von Feleday wrote: I'm not normally an SMB fan (cue "get out")
I'm actually glad you say your not a fan, it makes me more comfortable being on forum that revolves around watching some guy playing Mario games when in fact I've never completed and of the 2D Mario games in my entire life.
supercharizard64

Post by supercharizard64 »

rubberfishy wrote:
I'm actually glad you say your not a fan, it makes me more comfortable being on forum that revolves around watching some guy playing Mario games when in fact I've never completed and of the 2D Mario games in my entire life.
Even super mario world? o.o (super mario bros. 3 is too hard for me when it gets to the tanks.)

Anyways ive been playing some super mario 64 a lot, getting 120 stars in all files..
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

supercharizard64 wrote:
rubberfishy wrote:
Even super mario world? o.o (super mario bros. 3 is too hard for me when it gets to the tanks.)

Anyways ive been playing some super mario 64 a lot, getting 120 stars in all files..
I'm currently playing through Super Wario World with save states. Would have no chance in hell without save states.
supercharizard64

Post by supercharizard64 »

So you fail at 2-D mario games? What about the three dimensional ones?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Toki Toki Boom because it is awesome
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Wareng Teng

Post by Wareng Teng »

honing my skills on yahoo games
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

supercharizard64 wrote:So you fail at 2-D mario games? What about the three dimensional ones?
I'm good at the 3D ones, the 3D ones are a whole different can of worms, they're completely different.
but to this day I've never completed a "true" 2D platformer in my life (without cheating), apart from a few indy games that is.

though I got quite far in sonic 2 once...
Dergym

Post by Dergym »

I have so many games I'm either playing, or still need to finish up...it's enough to bug me sometimes. >_<
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Re-re-re-re-re-re-REplaying the Wind Waker.....I have a Zelda obsession.
I once beat Ocarina of Time without getting hit once.
Except when you get hit the the cut scene.....
Man that was a long night....
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
Daze

Post by Daze »

Let me see... (Yeah, small paragraphs, look out.)

NSMBWii is awesome fun. I'm in an apartment-style dorm with three other guys, plus my girlfriend playing sometimes, and... yeah. If two players is panic-mode in later levels, I guess we'll see what three/four is like. We've definitely killed each other plenty of times on accident, and we're only about halfway through world 3.

On that note, we play a few rounds of Brawl near daily. We usually all go random, though sometimes we have matches where we choose our mains. (Punch, anyone? ;) )

I've been playing some Borderlands when I feel like gaming solo. My dormmates have already beaten the game with their respective characters, since I didn't play it quite as often at the time thanks to my classes. One of them pulls up his Brick sometimes to join me when I'm playing, which can get pretty crazy sometimes. I went with Lilith myself, which is awesome, since I love the elemental guns and SMGs. I think I'm just entering the endgame at level 34 or so.

Persona 3 FES... God, it's been a couple months since I actually played it, but I still count it. I want to finish that game, but I don't have the motivation to sit down and play it here. In-game, I'm in mid-December. I love that game to death, but it's something I'm probably going to have to finish over Winter Break.

I think that's about all I'm up to right now. Unless you count four square on Fridays. I don't care what you say, but we make it work, and it's fun. So there you go.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

dazedouji wrote:Let me see... (Yeah, small paragraphs, look out.)

NSMBWii is awesome fun. I'm in an apartment-style dorm with three other guys, plus my girlfriend playing sometimes, and... yeah. If two players is panic-mode in later levels, I guess we'll see what three/four is like. We've definitely killed each other plenty of times on accident, and we're only about halfway through world 3.

On that note, we play a few rounds of Brawl near daily. We usually all go random, though sometimes we have matches where we choose our mains. (Punch, anyone? ;) )

I've been playing some Borderlands when I feel like gaming solo. My dormmates have already beaten the game with their respective characters, since I didn't play it quite as often at the time thanks to my classes. One of them pulls up his Brick sometimes to join me when I'm playing, which can get pretty crazy sometimes. I went with Lilith myself, which is awesome, since I love the elemental guns and SMGs. I think I'm just entering the endgame at level 34 or so.

Persona 3 FES... God, it's been a couple months since I actually played it, but I still count it. I want to finish that game, but I don't have the motivation to sit down and play it here. In-game, I'm in mid-December. I love that game to death, but it's something I'm probably going to have to finish over Winter Break.

I think that's about all I'm up to right now. Unless you count four square on Fridays. I don't care what you say, but we make it work, and it's fun. So there you go.
Do you have internet on you wii?
My connection may suck, and It's been a while, but I think I can still remember how to do a mean Falcon Kick.
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?