(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Dollop of Mayo

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Minecrack. It goes down smoooooooooooooth but you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with an idea for a new addition to your tower and in your mind it's not officially daytime until that creepy damn sound plays.
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
Jeorge535

Post by Jeorge535 »

I'm playing my Yoshi's Island hack.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Jarimii wrote:Oh, don't EVEN get me started on Prime 2. I'm actually playing it now, but not to have fun, oh no no no. Just to say I beat it. It is, in my opinion, the 3rd worst metroid game. Only because of its difficulty, too. It's just so... annoying and tedious, going back and forth between the areas and the main hub and other areas. Even when I was 100%'ing all the Prime games, I got too fed up with it to do that. :evil:
I love Echoes.

Having seen a blind Let's Play of it recently, I can see how people might dislike it, but I'm...different. For me, it's like the best game in the franchise. The whole FEEL of it is just right. Backtracking...I dunno, my playstyle is constantly revisiting old areas after getting a new powerup anyway, so there isn't ANY tedium for me. You know. Exploring. You'll find the keybearers that way, too, so the keys are actually easier to find than Prime 1's artifacts...

Simon
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Paragraph wrote: so the keys are actually easier to find than Prime 1's artifacts...
Simon
The artifacts are easy for me, but only because they give accurate hints as to where they are. Like, they would bold a word that would explain which room it was in, but in 2, they just give you a general area.
Faroush

Post by Faroush »

I thought Metroid Prime 2 was fun, even though it sometimes punished players for exploring too early. A lot of people overexaggerate the backtracking; it can be a little tedious sometimes, but certainly isn't terrible. Then again I tend to like sadistic games (Etrian Odyssey, SaGa Frontier, Zelda II), so maybe I'm a little biased.

Speaking of sadistic games, Portrait of Ruin was put on hold because Etrian Odyssey III was released, and I do love dungeon crawling while running away from FOEs.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

recettear
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

O-Card wrote:recettear
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill
Pronouns: kunself/you

Post by RikunFrances »

DancingMad wrote:Minecrack. It goes down smoooooooooooooth but you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with an idea for a new addition to your tower and in your mind it's not officially daytime until that creepy damn sound plays.
That creepy noise means you're near a dungeon/monster spawn area.
And seeing as that noise happens near my house door, I am now scared.
I made a giant waterfall! 8D

And other than Minecrack, lol, I'm playing Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

I'm currently playing Echoes for the first time. Enjoying it so far, I've just entered Torvus Bog. I have the trilogy, but I've only completed Prime 1. I've been on Corruption before, but not much. I'm also playing Dead Rising 2. Pretty fun.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

RikunFrances wrote:
DancingMad wrote:Minecrack. It goes down smoooooooooooooth but you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with an idea for a new addition to your tower and in your mind it's not officially daytime until that creepy damn sound plays.
That creepy noise means you're near a dungeon/monster spawn area.
And seeing as that noise happens near my house door, I am now scared.
I made a giant waterfall! 8D

And other than Minecrack, lol, I'm playing Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom.
I don't think that's it... I play on Peaceful mode for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that I am a pansy.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

What does the Peaceful setting even do? Also,
Falky wrote:I'm currently playing Echoes for the first time. Enjoying it so far, I've just entered Torvus Bog. Pretty fun.
In my opinion, that's where it gets bad. It's a great game right up until the Torvus Bog. :?
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill

Post by RikunFrances »

Peaceful allows you to freely mine without any monsters be it day or night, cave or otherwise.

And the music can still play on peaceful. Though I'd assume on peaceful that the monster spawner just doesn't spawn itself, just leaving the creepy music in tact for harder mode purposes.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Well, if the spawner doesn't spawn, does that mean you don't get chests either? Also, I can only imagine the game being fairly boring without enemies. :\
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

RikunFrances wrote:Peaceful allows you to freely mine without any monsters be it day or night, cave or otherwise.

And the music can still play on peaceful. Though I'd assume on peaceful that the monster spawner just doesn't spawn itself, just leaving the creepy music in tact for harder mode purposes.
Huh, it really seems like creepy sounds play when night falls and when the sun rises, but I haven't paid that much attention so I guess that must be it :?:
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Jarimii wrote:What does the Peaceful setting even do? Also,
Falky wrote:I'm currently playing Echoes for the first time. Enjoying it so far, I've just entered Torvus Bog. Pretty fun.
In my opinion, that's where it gets bad. It's a great game right up until the Torvus Bog. :?
I love Torvus. Atmosphere, puzzles...Agon is a bit dull.

And Sanctuary rocks.

Simon
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Paragraph wrote: I love Torvus. Atmosphere, puzzles...Agon is a bit dull.

And Sanctuary rocks.

Simon
First, I think we can all agree that sanctuary is the best thing ever in that game. But it's weird, because I usually love swampy, foresty areas and despise desert areas. This is the only game where that is opposite.
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Just did most of Torvus Bog this week-end, and had a BLAST doing it.
Loved the small bit of backtracking they made you do at some point, it felt really satisfying to find that certain item.

Now I just need to find the Grapple Beam... (no help needed thank you).

Apart from that, Starcraft II. I'm not stopping from playing that game for a looonnnggg time.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Just downloaded Touhou 11 two days ago, and I've been playing it pretty much ever since. It has made me very, very glad that Suika was never a boss in a traditional danmaku game. What Satori throws at me is more than enough.
I don't really get it but okay
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill

Post by RikunFrances »

DancingMad wrote:Huh, it really seems like creepy sounds play when night falls and when the sun rises, but I haven't paid that much attention so I guess that must be it :?:
Those sounds are normal, it's when you're in a cave or digging down or something. Just remember, Creepers oink. : >
ZMann

Post by ZMann »

After seeing an LP of a fangame in the style of the Mother series, I felt like trying out Earthbound. I just started playing it not too long ago, and, so far, I'm enjoying it.
Keith Hemari

Post by Keith Hemari »

I've been obsessing myself with Star Trek Online here recently. Not a bad game, but it lacks in the fully fleshed-out content that some of the older more well developed MMORPGs have to offer and I reached top-level much quicker than I would have liked. I still like it better than World of Warcraft (SACRILEGIOUS!), but one must take into account that I am a huge Trekkie.

Besides that, I've been farting about with Minecraft and experiencing an incredible nostalgic pleasure high from the Cyan Complete Pack on Steam. (consisting of RealMYST, Riven, URU, Cosmic Osmo, Spelux and Manhole). Words cannot describe the gleeful feeling from playing these games again after so long :)
--Keith Hemari
Inflate your neckties and turn south, it's time to fling an otter!
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Okay funny story. You guys all know how I've been bitching about Prime 2? Well I've decided to 100% it. So far, it's going OK, I'm about mid-Torvus Bog and have 38%, which I assume is normal because of all the things you have to skip over untill you get items, according to the logs and records I've been taking of all the stuff I can find. ;) I'll probably post a link to download the checklist I'm making if It's actually 100% correct.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

If at any time you feel stupid for not getting a puzzle in MP, you should watch slowbeef do it. He's so hilariously bad at the game, sometimes it's not even funny anymore.

Also, he hates Echoes. I, for one, think that's because of the pressure to do an entertaining run while also having to figure out the puzzles...combined with an inability to remember that there is a scan function.

Simon
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It takes a long time to start the item collection properly in Echoes. I do remember having it jump quickly from around the 50% or so though, because by then, you have access to just about everything should you so choose.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Finished with Torvus. I've been watching Slowbeef's LP. only watching the parts I've done myself. I was extremely frustrated when it took him ten minutes or so figure out that staircase puzzle (where you have to make a staircase by scanning things). He obviously lives in a bungalow or something <_<
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image