(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
cozyduck

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by cozyduck »

This is a boring answer for this forum but: Luigi's Adventure 2 (well, the longest demo there was of it, at least).

And let me tell you, if Anikiti's level design goal was to create the most obnoxiously annoying enemy placements possible, then this game is a ****ing masterpiece!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I just beat Myst.
In one sitting.
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
Alteiriaa

Post by Alteiriaa »

Yesterday I started .hack//LINK and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.
LINK is pretty ok if you like .hack and if you don't mind it being in Japanese. :lol:
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Trabsformice - a little
duels.com - more than a little
counter strike 1.6 - now and again
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

RobinLSL wrote:Metroid Prime 2 on Wii.
I wound up finishing up the normal version of that at 100% tonight. I'll be honest. I'm conflicted on this one. It had my favorite and least favorite areas of both console Prime games I've played so far, great bosses but then poor hit detection to go along with it.

Because of that, I'd rank Echoes just below Prime, and that's a shame because I had more sustained fun with Echoes, but the frustration levels started to rise near the end when my shots were literally passing right through bosses. Anyhoo, yeah. Good game, but it could have been great.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

Don Zanevsky wrote: i'm also playing mirror's edge now
hey wareng wareng wareng warnegg wareng ping ping warring wareng warz let's netplay mirrors edge plz lolmao
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Bean wrote:
RobinLSL wrote:Metroid Prime 2 on Wii.
I wound up finishing up the normal version of that at 100% tonight. I'll be honest. I'm conflicted on this one. It had my favorite and least favorite areas of both console Prime games I've played so far, great bosses but then poor hit detection to go along with it.

Because of that, I'd rank Echoes just below Prime, and that's a shame because I had more sustained fun with Echoes, but the frustration levels started to rise near the end when my shots were literally passing right through bosses. Anyhoo, yeah. Good game, but it could have been great.
Poor hit detection? What part are you thinking of?

Yeah, Prime 2 is definitely not as good as Prime 1, but still good. The things I blame the most are the way the planet is structured (one center "hub" area and 3 outer ones) and the fetch quest at the end. It's probably the best Prime game with regards to bosses however If only Hypermode (aka Gamecube's Hard) was unlocked right at the beginning I would be happier though, because the bosses are a little too easy when you know how to use your Light Beam properly on Veteran (aka Normal).
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I saw shots passing right through the following enemies: Hunter Ing, Alpha Blogg, Emperor Ing's final form, and the final boss' final form. That was highly frustrating.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Tales of Symphonia.
Mirror style.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I re-re-re-re-re-discovered Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Maybe I'll actually start beating all scenarios this time.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

kilon wrote:I re-re-re-re-re-discovered Rollercoaster Tycoon.
HAHAHAHAH!
Oh man...I can't tell you how many times i have said that exact sentence.
kilon

Post by kilon »

And maybe the reason why I love it is because it is accessible.
I mean, I suck at tycoon games in general, but RCT (as well as Transport Tycoon) are games I can actually enjoy and progress in.
But at the same time more experienced players find plenty of depth in these games. They are just great.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

kilon wrote:And maybe the reason why I love it is because it is accessible.
I mean, I suck at tycoon games in general, but RCT (as well as Transport Tycoon) are games I can actually enjoy and progress in.
But at the same time more experienced players find plenty of depth in these games. They are just great.
Too true.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

kilon wrote:I re-re-re-re-re-discovered Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Man, I really need to go find RCT somewhere. Loved playing it, especially in the expansions the two scenarios that basically gave you an open park and unlimited cash.
IceSoldier

Post by IceSoldier »

I just started Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and I've been playing Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon for a bit now. And some Rock Band, which seems to be a constant in my apartment.

I also just bought into the now-dead CCG Magi Nation Duel, and I've been playing that with one of my roommates.

I also also just bought the new Indie Bundle and I need to start playing those games.
Yay for not viewing signatures!
flamingahura

Post by flamingahura »

AudioSurf!

Really the only game I play. Also, VVVVVV but the appeal is wearing off.
Please crease and tear along the above line and retain this portion for your records.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Minecraft.
It is awesome.
Faroush

Post by Faroush »

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Hard, L1cap). I finished Dawn of Sorrow and its bonus mode so Portrait of Ruin was the logical game to start next. I think this one might be my favourite, besides Symphony of the Night and Simon's Quest.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I'm playing the shit out of the Mega Man Zero Collection right now, SO glad I bought my DS (originally only for Heart Gold).

It helps that I discovered that Zero 2 is pretty much the best Mega Man game ever made yaaaay.

Oh, and MM5 for obvious reasons (Sig).

Simon
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Faroush wrote:Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Hard, L1cap). I finished Dawn of Sorrow and its bonus mode so Portrait of Ruin was the logical game to start next. I think this one might be my favourite, besides Symphony of the Night and Simon's Quest.
I love all the Metroidvania games. I'm not really masochistic enough to attempt level cap stuff, though @_@

---

I sort of abruptly abandoned my replay of Half-Life Ep 1, been playing Front Mission : Gun Hazard for the SNES instead.

The Front Mission series rules; usually it's a tactical RPG with giant mechas, but Gun Hazard is a side-scrolling action game with giant mechas and RPG elements. It's truly a fantastic game with great music from basically the same group of people that did the Chrono Trigger soundtrack.

It never got officially released in the States tho, so if you wanna play it you need a ROM and a translation patch. The translation is by the same guy who translated Cave Story, so you know it's good.
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

RobinLSL wrote:
Yeah, Prime 2 is definitely not as good as Prime 1
Oh, don't EVEN get me started on Prime 2. I'm actually playing it now, but not to have fun, oh no no no. Just to say I beat it. It is, in my opinion, the 3rd worst metroid game. Only because of its difficulty, too. It's just so... annoying and tedious, going back and forth between the areas and the main hub and other areas. Even when I was 100%'ing all the Prime games, I got too fed up with it to do that. :evil:
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Jarimii wrote:
RobinLSL wrote:
Yeah, Prime 2 is definitely not as good as Prime 1
Oh, don't EVEN get me started on Prime 2. I'm actually playing it now, but not to have fun, oh no no no. Just to say I beat it. It is, in my opinion, the 3rd worst metroid game. Only because of its difficulty, too. It's just so... annoying and tedious, going back and forth between the areas and the main hub and other areas. Even when I was 100%'ing all the Prime games, I got too fed up with it to do that. :evil:
....Yeah.
I have to collect the Ing Keys from the INVISIBLE BOXES now and then I stopped.
xjC0n

Post by xjC0n »

On PC I play Heroes of Newerth from time to time.. Also Touhou 6 and 10. Thinking about picking up FFXIV but not sure..

On PS3 I finished FFXIII recently and have God of War 3 but haven't started it yet.. :o

As for mario hacks: VIP 4 and that Kouma/Scarlet Devil Mario thing.
æ„›

Twitter: xjakku

Follow and/or add if you wish. ^^
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

As soon as Civ V arrives in the letterbox, my life will slowly waste away in front of my computer screen.
flamingahura

Post by flamingahura »

It was so cheap on Steam I had to try Serious Sam... It's fun so far and reminds me of Doom mixed with Duke Nukem. Also trying to finish Star Wars: Dark Forces eventually.
Please crease and tear along the above line and retain this portion for your records.