(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

On second thought, the caption for this should've been Bandana Waddle Dee. Kirby Star Allies on the Switch, by the way.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I had recently beaten Kirby Star Allies, and I really enjoyed my main playthrough! I thought the the entire game was an extremely fun experience, definitely worth it. Now, time to 100% it!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I quickly went through Super Mario Advance (SMB2 remake) to unlock the extra mode. I think I'm going to record that soon and do a quick series on it, but man, this game feels way more floaty than the NES or All-Stars game. The smaller screen hurts it a bit, too, since that means less room to see during climbing segments and more camera scrolls that can put you in harm's way.
Oh man, I went back to check this out sometime last year and I don't even know how I got 100% on it way back when I first played it. It feels so awful.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Just hit World Five in Celeste, wrapping up Champion's Ballad in BOTW, and thinking about starting the Ratchet and Clank remaster since it was free on PS Plus.
raocow wrote: 4 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I beat Sephiroth in KH2FM.
It was easier than expected.
I thought the move that reduces your health to 1 would be way harder to interrupt.

I also beat Data Saix and Data Marluxia.

Data Axel is still destroying my everything.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Have online capabilities with the PS4 again, so I've been playing some GTA V like that. Still fun, and the user created content has been where I've spent the majority of my time when doing that.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch update:

I know it's been a while, mostly to me getting burnout from the game, but that's OK!
I did something I thought I wouldn't do for a while, but I beat Greedier mode as The Lost! And it's all thanks to finding Pyromaniac early on, and finding a D20, and a Jera early on as well. From there, it was a slow descent into madness/ Really great run!
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finally got back to two games I hadn't been playing much of this month but wanted to in Kirby Star Allies and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I should totally be able to beat the latter the next time I play it since I'm on the final chapter now.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I was right. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is beaten. I'll probably go back to that one soon on a harder difficulty, but for now, I'm satisfied with just completing it at long last. It was pretty good.
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

I was just playing the Joy of Kaizo earlier. Beat the first 2 levels, didn't want to go any further.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I beat Data Demyx and Data Lexaeus.
I'm surprised I didn't try beating them earlier.

Data Axel is still breaking my face.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Guess I'm going to get the platinum in GTA V soon because online is way easier to rank up in and more fun to play.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

started playing devil survivor 2, which i played like 75% of 5 years ago and never finished & now want to finish
replaying from the start though since i forgot everything that was going on and all
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

All that's left now is Data Xaldin, Data Larxene, and Data Xemnas.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Coming up to the end of Kirby Star Allies now. This one feels like it's replaced some of the fun level design and decently hidden secrets of past recent games for power combinations and co-op craziness. So it's still a good game to me, but it's also a step or two behind the recent Kirbys I've enjoyed like Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot. Oh well!
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch Update:

FINALLY UNLOCKED G O D H E A D.
YESSSSSSSS
My lost run was extremely solid too, getting compund fracture, freezing tears, Pink eye trinket, curved horn trinket, second most amazing- The Soul and it's tear reflection, and most amazingly- Mom's Knife.
I can thank my win though to Delirium turning into Larry Jr, and letting mom's knife destroy him.

I'm done with the lost now. I never thought that would happen

But now I have The Keeper. wish me luck bois.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beat Kirby Star Allies yesterday and got the platinum thingy in GTA V today. Cool.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I beat the Data Organization.
Now the only fight left is the Lingering Will.

Not sure if I want to go for 100%. Synthesis seems not fun.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finished off platinum runs of GTA V and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy this week. No clue what I want to play next, so yeah.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch update:

Beat Hush as the Keeper, preeeeetty crappy reward for it, but whatever I guess. Sucks I died in Sheol to a BS room too, I had an extremely good run. Godhead (For the first time, soooo much fun!), Magic Mush, Mom's Eye (or whatever the freezing one is), and Pinking Sheers. Pretty good!
warpio

Post by warpio »

I played through Axiom Verge recently. It's much more "Metroid"-like than most other derivative Metroidvanias I've played. It also has a very strange, trippy story, and the abilities that you get that open up the world are a lot more unique and interesting than I was expecting. But as much as I enjoyed the main game, the post-game 100% cleanup that I forced myself to do got annoying and tedious very quickly.

I don't know why I still force myself to 100% every Metroidvania game I play through. I always stop enjoying the game after it gets to the point where I've done all the main story progression and the only thing left is to backtrack endlessly trying to get the rest of the items/upgrades. I guess I'm mostly just curious to see where they all are and how many of them are things that I missed and how many are things I had no chance of finding until the post-game... This game was particularly tedious in the post-game cleanup, because of how ridiculously well hidden some of its items are, and the fact that it doesn't use Super Metroid's idea of putting dots on the map tiles to let you know you've already gotten the item there. It took way too long to find everything.
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Playing Kaizo 3 again. Beat the first 2 levels tool-less a couple years ago, but quit because I can’t disco hop.

2 years later... turns out I still can’t disco hop.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

warpio wrote: 6 years ago I played through Axiom Verge recently. It's much more "Metroid"-like than most other derivative Metroidvanias I've played. It also has a very strange, trippy story, and the abilities that you get that open up the world are a lot more unique and interesting than I was expecting. But as much as I enjoyed the main game, the post-game 100% cleanup that I forced myself to do got annoying and tedious very quickly.

I don't know why I still force myself to 100% every Metroidvania game I play through. I always stop enjoying the game after it gets to the point where I've done all the main story progression and the only thing left is to backtrack endlessly trying to get the rest of the items/upgrades. I guess I'm mostly just curious to see where they all are and how many of them are things that I missed and how many are things I had no chance of finding until the post-game... This game was particularly tedious in the post-game cleanup, because of how ridiculously well hidden some of its items are, and the fact that it doesn't use Super Metroid's idea of putting dots on the map tiles to let you know you've already gotten the item there. It took way too long to find everything.
Yeah I think axiom verge has a reeeeally bad sense of what makes compelling exploration/secret hunting
I'd totally recommend a game like knytt underground or environmental station alpha for that aspect, they both have a really smart design choice that makes secret hunting a lot more enjoyable (and tbh they control better too)
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Taking it easy by playing Everybody's Golf on the PS4. The Hot Shots series has always been a good time.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Rosenkreuzstilette series fully beaten!

Hyped for raocow to play it in the future.