(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by raekuul »

I got back into playing Spelunky.

Is it just me, or is the game exponentially more likely to throw you dark levels (where you need a torch/flare to see what you're doing) when you're trying to bring the key (which you can't carry at the same time as a torch/flare) from the Mines to the end of the Glacier?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I'm kind of surprised by that. I thought Warped had some really tough goals to get since those Time Trial relics counted for the 105% in that one. I still like it, but I feel like it's what people think DKC3 is like with overload on some stuff. Crash 2 just felt like the most pure platformer. Still, they're both fun.
I played Warped before I played the other two, and comparing Warped and 2, the former just felt more friendly than its predecessor, with the latter having a more hostile environment and cryptic feel. As for the time trials, you need to learn how to beat each level in one attempt, but the levels do help you (they tend to throw in extra Aku Aku at times).
Just adding in more options for movement is why I really like Crash 2, though. That long jump is sweet.
They're in Warped too, right? The slide and combining it with jump, in particular.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I was always bad at the vehicle levels in Warped, but I really don't like the flying ones. The bike's okay, except the darkness gimmick one in the late game. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Crash is still as mobile in Warped as he is in 2. It's just that the original feels so wrong compared to the other two is all.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Around 45% done with The End is Nigh, out of a potential 152%. Going to be a long ride
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Ivy wrote: 6 years ago out of a potential 152%
I really think we need to reconsider the whole percentages thing in video games at some point
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago
I really think we need to reconsider the whole percentages thing in video games at some point
I can't wait for 300% completion to be a thing.

I at least understand 101% completion, but 152%?
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

BurntTenda wrote: 6 years ago
Ashan wrote: 6 years ago
I can't wait for 300% completion to be a thing.

I at least understand 101% completion, but 152%?
Well you know, there is 3,000,000% for Binding of Isaac
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

@freedom planet discussion the plot is kinda lame but gameplaywise it's better than any sonic game

On the subject i have been playing spark the electric jester which is by a guy who previously made some sonic fangames
It's kinda like a mix of sonic and kirby and prob some megaman x too, so far it's kinda easy though but there's other story modes that are harder I hear, so

It's good & fun so far regardless
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Well games used to go over the 100% mark for like, super-secret things you could do that go beyond regular 100% completion. But now it just seems standard for completion to go to like 110% or beyond for some reason.

I 100%ed Arkham Knight last year, and I recall completion being 240% or something stupid like that.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

The only true 100% is getting the steam achievement completion for a game to 100%.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago @freedom planet discussion the plot is kinda lame
I'd say the story does its job pretty well, as a means of giving a reason why the levels are the way they are, and what basic motivations the characters have. It's clearly not meant to be interesting, but at least it isn't ridiculous or annoying. There are no gaping plot holes, no unreasonable or aggrevating character choices, and in my personal opinion the voice acting was pretty good (with the exception of some technical flaws, I think).
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Ivy wrote: 6 years ago The only true 100% is getting the steam achievement completion for a game to 100%.
Until they add DLC and undo your 100%

RIP Shovel Knight and Isaac Rebirth hundo
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago Until they add DLC and undo your 100%

True, and I already got my isaac back lmao
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Ivy wrote: 6 years ago
Ashan wrote: 6 years ago Until they add DLC and undo your 100%

True, and I already got my isaac back lmao
Is the stuff they added any worse than original Lost stuff? From what I understand they added spectral tears and holy mantle to The Lost now, which would make him WAY easier to play as.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

finally, FINALLY 100%'d Need for Speed: Most Wanted U.
cutting out points where i could've just done fast travel, and general messing around for fun, I still would've logged upwards of 30, maybe even 40 hours for this thanks to exploration stuff.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago Is the stuff they added any worse than original Lost stuff? From what I understand they added spectral tears and holy mantle to The Lost now, which would make him WAY easier to play as.
The new final boss is an abomination and difficult even with a full 12 hearts, let alone someone like the Lost/Keeper. (Unless you break the game of course.) And yeah the Lost has had that ever since Afterbirth (holy mantle is a greed mode unlock)
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I might have beaten Shiva early in FF5.
That was an exciting battle.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm flying through Crash 2. Not literally yet since the space hub's the last world, but I'm getting there. Even better, the remaster makes it easier to see things a bit more in the dark levels in this one. Sorry if I'm gushing about this one so much, but it's so much more fun than when I was playing both Crash 1 and the mediocre Sonic Boom 3DS game that I've temporarily dropped earlier this month.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So Mighty No 9 is being offered in the current Humble Bundle, and the only way I could justify paying for that game with how terribly mismanaged it was is to know part of my money is going to charity.

So I'll probably play that next. Maybe it'll be worth the $5 and other like 8 games I got with it.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I bought it for $25 at a store. It was fine enough for that price. Just know you're getting a mediocre Mega Man game at best that really should've put all its focus on the main game instead of the bells and whistles it never achieved. I mean, I did platinum the thing, so I had to have liked it somewhat. Should've been better though. Gunvolt did things so much better, and that wasn't even a KS game.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So, I did the 8 robot masters or "mighty numbers" or whatever the hell they're called. I'll probably finish the rest of the game tomorrow.

I... Don't hate it. I mean, it's ugly as sin, the story is stupid and cutscenes pointless, the writing is god awful, not a single joke lands, the characters are clear ripoffs of Mega Man characters, most voice acting is bad, etc.
BUT it IS built on fairly fun engine with some neat mechanics.

Oh, and I think Inafune was really proud of his work with Flame Hyenard and thought "yeah, let's do that for every boss." Not even just bosses, you're going around the stage and hearing Beck spout the same sound samples over and over and over again, the last one being cut off by another instance of itself.

Also why does fat scientist man get scared when you're in the electric level? The lights go out and they want to make a joke about how he's afraid of the dark, but HE'S TALKING TO YOU OVER RADIO. THE LIGHTS AREN'T OUT WHERE HE IS. WHY WOULD HE SHRIEK?
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch Update: I need more games

Have everything except Delirium on Hard mode with Azazel, which I'm pretty excited over

My priority was finally getting Abaddon, as it's amazing, and will make most of my runs easier.
I also wanted to get Sacrificial Dagger, as it's also amazing.
Greedier mode was an afterthought, and I only did it for the ROFL LOLS, and I got lucky enough to get Magic Mush, AND Pyromaniac, which carried me through

Ultra Greedier

. Is bat wing that good? Probably not, but oh well!
Delirium's gonna be a pain, especially with no range-ups, or just standard brimstone
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

First, I'm closing in on beating Crash Bandicoot 2 now. On the final hub world with just a few gems to go. Now then...
Ashan wrote: 6 years agoOh, and I think Inafune was really proud of his work with Flame Hyenard and thought "yeah, let's do that for every boss." Not even just bosses, you're going around the stage and hearing Beck spout the same sound samples over and over and over again, the last one being cut off by another instance of itself.
While I know he's a punchline nowadays, Inafune had barely anything to do with the Mega Man X series after 5. In fact, he wanted it done then. That said, by doing this, he shortchanged X for Zero and Battle Network, so I wasn't exactly thrilled. Still, Hyenard ain't on him.
Also why does fat scientist man get scared when you're in the electric level? The lights go out and they want to make a joke about how he's afraid of the dark, but HE'S TALKING TO YOU OVER RADIO. THE LIGHTS AREN'T OUT WHERE HE IS. WHY WOULD HE SHRIEK?
That dude is the worst in that stage. I know it's a cartoon, but I can't stand him there either. He has one good line in the game to me.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Got Tekken 7 so I've been playing that today. Quite a few characters that seem like I could play decently compared to past Tekken games. There's the standard Jack and Yoshimitsu in my lineup but Alisa, Lili, Asuka, and Lucky Chloe all play pretty well with the way I tend to play. (Largely very basic moves with only one or two more advanced moves per character except for Yoshimitsu who I tend to spend more time learning in each game.)

Wow was story mode frustrating though. The primary part of it has you playing primarily as Heihachi. He is the single worst character in the entire franchise for me. There was one fight somewhere close to the end that even on the easiest difficulty took me about a dozen tries before I finally figured out a way to get through it. It was a cheap win too because it involved using a move that has fairly long range, decent power, and can be used quickly on top of my opponent strangely having issues dodging it and defending against it so I pinned her against a wall and just kept spamming it until she died. Don't even care that it was cheap though. After that many losses I was rather irritated.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago While I know he's a punchline nowadays, Inafune had barely anything to do with the Mega Man X series after 5. In fact, he wanted it done then. That said, by doing this, he shortchanged X for Zero and Battle Network, so I wasn't exactly thrilled. Still, Hyenard ain't on him.
Well, he had something to do with Pyrosphere's
PEWPEWPEW
PEWPEWPE-
PEWPEWPEW
PEWPEWPE-
PEWPEWPEW
PEWPEWPEWWWWW

and Aviator's
HEADLINE: BOSS ATTACKS BECK
CORRECTION: TWICE!

Some bosses, their old tell is their audio clips. Which is unnecessary in a game with 3D models, where they CAN telegraph what they're going to do, like Seismic's drill arms and whatnot. But oh well.