(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Alice wrote:
Piter Lauchy wrote:If you love Takedown, you really should. I loved Takedown as well, but Revenge does everything Takedown does so much better that Takedown seems almost bad in comparison.
Burnout Paradise was quite good in my opinion. Though most people like Burnout for the crash junctions while I actually enjoy the racing, especially for the road rage events, so it may not appeal.
Never got a chance to play it because PS2/Gamecube are the last generation of consoles I own. Looks amazing though.
And yeah, while I love the Crash events, Road Rage is where it's at. :D
You're awesome.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

pholtos wrote:
Whimsical Calamari wrote:eh, if sims aren't your thing, they aren't your thing.
I think it's more I'm not a fan of hyper realistic car racing games that have nothing but try to get first on courses.
right. simulators.
Alice wrote:Speaking of racing games does anyone know any decent Gran Turismo-like games for the pc?
I haven't played it, so IDK how good it is, but there's a game on Steam called Assetto Corsa that's meant to be a moddable racing sim. It at least looks interesting.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Piter Lauchy wrote:Never got a chance to play it because PS2/Gamecube are the last generation of consoles I own. Looks amazing though.
And yeah, while I love the Crash events, Road Rage is where it's at. :D
If you have a half decent pc you can get it on Steam or Origin.
Whimsical Calamari wrote:I haven't played it, so IDK how good it is, but there's a game on Steam called Assetto Corsa that's meant to be a moddable racing sim. It at least looks interesting.
I may have to have a look at it then at some point.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:right. simulators.
Oh whoops thought you were talking about the sims for some reason.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Alice wrote:
Piter Lauchy wrote:If you love Takedown, you really should. I loved Takedown as well, but Revenge does everything Takedown does so much better that Takedown seems almost bad in comparison.
Burnout Paradise was quite good in my opinion. Though most people like Burnout for the crash junctions while I actually enjoy the racing, especially for the road rage events, so it may not appeal.

Speaking of racing games does anyone know any decent Gran Turismo-like games for the pc? The only ones I really know of are Trackmania, Burnout Paradise, and Need For Speed. None of which are really the kind of racing game I'm talking about.
Project Cars?
I've heard some good things about it.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Might be worth checking out as well. Though according to the reviews it sounds like there's no customization at all for cars and the devs are pretty shitty.
TheFinalSentinel

So, Crypt of the Necrodancer is a great game, but would be better if I could find out why it's so freaking unstable on startup.
Seriously, it locks up like 80% of the time on the title screen, and no tinkering seems to do anything so far. Past that it runs perfectly.
Quite a shame.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
Alice wrote:
Might be worth checking out as well. Though according to the reviews it sounds like there's no customization at all for cars and the devs are pretty shitty.
Ha! Well, guess that's what you can unearth with just a little research.
Gotta love people like that.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
https://nabe.talkhaus.com/

Post by Nabe »

Anyone playing Fast Racing NEO? (Online?)

Running from now 'til Canada Day!
BrawlerGamma
First name: Adam

Post by BrawlerGamma »

Warframe! After having not played it for... over a year. Maybe longer. The UI doesn't suck anymore!
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

I just improved my Minesweeper winning percentage to 24%!
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

It's back down to 23% now -_-
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

So I recently started Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team back up; I never beat the postgame before, and all my data was wiped with my previous hard drive, so I'm doing the whole game from scratch.

Also, I'm making another attempt at Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (the fifth in total) and Klonoa 2 for the GBA (last time I got stuck on a vision halfway through the game and never bothered to go back to it).

Aaaaand, Zyglrox Odyssey challenged me at some point in the past to play Donkey Kong Country 2's Barralax Mode and now I'm doing that too.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

so should i even play Silent Hill 2 if i know the twist? slowbeef bluntly stated it on twitter a while back which was kind of a huge dick move. i've seen people say "knowing the twist makes the game make more sense so it's still enjoyable" but personally, i hate things that make sense. am i locked out from properly experiencing one of the best games ever?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Toram Online kept me busy in these past few weeks.

I mean, COME ON!

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Super Mario 3D Land, I'm going to be starting World S7-1 soon.

VVVVV and Offspring Fling will probably be on the backburner once FNAF World comes out and I get a hold of it.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

hylics is an incredible experience that is absolutely worth the three bucks one will pay to have it
:nb_pride:
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

I just finished New Super Mario bros WiiU with my bros we got all the levels and star coins. yay!
And I finished Momodora 1 after hearing about it from Horikawa it's quite good for an indie freeware game. Although the screen shake is a little too much. It's similar in aesthetic and gameplay to Cave-story but more action oriented with less exploration, recommend trying it out.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam!

Pretty fun, despite being completely different from other games.
"That's embarrassing"
Ninja Steve
No Bonus!?
Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Ninja Steve »

I've been trying and (mostly) failing to 1cc various Touhou games on Normal. I also recently got pulled back into Diablo 3 by some of my friends. Leveling in that game seems a lot less grindy than it used to, I tell you what.
TheFinalSentinel

Ninja Steve wrote:I've been trying and (mostly) failing to 1cc various Touhou games on Normal. I also recently got pulled back into Diablo 3 by some of my friends. Leveling in that game seems a lot less grindy than it used to, I tell you what.
Mountain of Faith. Marisa B. Keep your Power between 3.0 and 3.95. Don't focus.
You're welcome. Image
...of course that's just cheating.
Ninja Steve
No Bonus!?
Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Ninja Steve »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:
Ninja Steve wrote:I've been trying and (mostly) failing to 1cc various Touhou games on Normal. I also recently got pulled back into Diablo 3 by some of my friends. Leveling in that game seems a lot less grindy than it used to, I tell you what.
Mountain of Faith. Marisa B. Keep your Power between 3.0 and 3.95. Don't focus.
You're welcome. Image
...of course that's just cheating.
Been there, done that, still waiting for the t-shirt to arrive in the mail. One of the exceptions to the mostly failing was actually getting it done on Reimu B.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ninja Steve wrote:I also recently got pulled back into Diablo 3 by some of my friends. Leveling in that game seems a lot less grindy than it used to, I tell you what.
The fact singleplayer is only available on Blizzard's servers is one of the most retarded design decisions ever. I shouldn't be unable to play a singleplayer game because of damned server maintenance. I understand they do it to prevent people from cheating then taking their character into multiplayer but make it a freaking option at least. I have zero interest in playing its multiplayer so none of that is relevant to me. Just tell me "yo, if your character is local you can't take it into multiplayer" and everything would be fine.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

So... I watched Pink's blind run of Axiom Verge and wanted to play it for myself, so I downloaded it... but it's not working. To be more precise, it *is* working; I can hear the cursor moving, but the screen isn't refreshing/updating, so I can't actually *see* anything. Changing screen size or windowed/fullscreen did nothing, no compatibility modes had any effect, and even running it via Steam didn't do jack. I've also checked that my graphics processor drivers are up to date (though I can't see why a game with NES-ish graphics would need a higher-end graphics card/driver when I can run more graphically intense games just fine). I'd *really* like to try this game, but it's just thwarting all my efforts to do so... Can anyone help?

On the plus side, Ori and the Blind Forest works on this new computer, while it didn't on my old one. Hooray! Which just makes it all the stranger that Axiom Verge won't run.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Still Xenoblade Chronicles X, clearing up the sidequests and affinity missions I have left. Dang millesaurs, dropping all their materials except for the one I actually need.

(also for anyone else playing this game: is there actually a way to put a probe in the spot in NLA? It's been bothering me forever)
TheFinalSentinel

yoshicookiezeus wrote:(also for anyone else playing this game: is there actually a way to put a probe in the spot in NLA? It's been bothering me forever)
I'm pretty sure no. Not 100% though.