(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Mata Hari »

OK good. Because a lot of this complexity seems to have been added for the sake of complexity.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Overly Complicated Openworld Nonsense always annoys me. i'd probably still enjoy it because the xeno series in general seems cool to me but I have a feeling that I'll like the older games in the series better.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

playing through dkc2 for what's essentially the first time with kappysis

it's actually a really good game (even if i think some of the mechanics are kinda dumb/annoying)

who woulda thought
Pyon!
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Just got Rayman Legends and Lego starwars: Complete Saga for my little brother. 3-player Coop platformers are good fun. Finishing up finding all the things in New Super Mario Bros Wii

Started playing Mario Maker. I finished raocow's Dreamship Loathheart, but the Kanji Factory was too much, It didn't help that raocow made it harder than the original, playing that level made me think to myself that I really need to back and play ASMT.

I've also been playing EO2U (story mode) currently at floor 19.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

*Tosses the standard blah racing game aside*

So I started viewtiful joe, a game I played in the past but I don't believe I made it very far in to. I think part of my issue back then was that it felt like way too long of a stretch between save points, beyond being challenging maybe (I don't remember.)
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

pholtos wrote:*Tosses the standard blah racing game aside*

So I started viewtiful joe, a game I played in the past but I don't believe I made it very far in to. I think part of my issue back then was that it felt like way too long of a stretch between save points, beyond being challenging maybe (I don't remember.)
Oh man I really like Viewtiful Joe. I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I managed to beat that game on Ultra-V-rated.
If you need help, I got all the strats.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Zummorr wrote:

Oh man I really like Viewtiful Joe. I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I managed to beat that game on Ultra-V-rated.
I'll keep that in mind. Got to the first save prompt and then stopped for the time being. Naturally I'm not too skilled so I took the easier of the two starting difficulties.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

pholtos wrote:
Zummorr wrote:

I'll keep that in mind. Got to the first save prompt and then stopped for the time being. Naturally I'm not too skilled so I took the easier of the two starting difficulties.
Nothing wrong with taking an easier difficulty. It's like adjusting the spiciness to a meal. Sometimes it helps the flavor, but for others it might just burn their mouth off painfully. Everyone should be able to enjoy their meal or video game.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Leet wrote:I have a feeling that I'll like the older games in the series better.
Probably. Haven't played Xenosaga, but played enough Gears a while back to say it's better than either Blade to me, as much as I like them. Except the encounter rate. Fuck that game's encounter rate.
WHAAAAAAA-
You were playing GT3, right?
THAT'S THE BEST IN THE DANG SERIES!

Man, you just must not like sim style racing games. ...right? GT3 was the best! You're killing me here...
Last edited by TheFinalSentinel 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:WHAAAAAAA-

Man, you just must not like sim style racing games. ...right? GT3 was the best!
I uhh... played for about five minutes or so, and the only race I did was one that went around in a circle, and those sorta bore me. Unless I'm missing something here about this game.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

pholtos wrote:

Man, you just must not like sim style racing games. ...right? GT3 was the best!
I uhh... played for about five minutes or so, and the only race I did was one that went around in a circle, and those sorta bore me. Unless I'm missing something here about this game.
there's only two oval tracks in the game :|

if you don't like sim racers though then whatevs, but still there's a lot of super interesting courses once you get into it
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ah, guess I didn't really give it a try. How does that simulation thing work anyway?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Man, you just must not like sim style racing games. ...right? GT3 was the best! You're killing me here...
If you're talking about Gran Turismo I have to agree. GT4 was kinda trash in my opinion. (Never had a chance to play GT5.) It was kinda absurd once you reached the top levels though. I had a Dodge Viper when I played that was so stupidly fast that I actually had to slow down for turns on the test track. (It had a top speed of around about 340 or 360mph. I forget which.)
Whimsical Calamari

Alice wrote:It was kinda absurd once you reached the top levels though. I had a Dodge Viper when I played that was so stupidly fast that I actually had to slow down for turns on the test track. (It had a top speed of around about 340 or 360mph. I forget which.)
you mean something could top the Escudo? (I could never get mine past 310)
pholtos wrote:Ah, guess I didn't really give it a try. How does that simulation thing work anyway?
If you mean Simulation Mode, I tend to describe it as the JRPG of racing games (because there's a ton of looking through menus to make sure you have the right car for the event, good enough performance to win it, buying and equipping all sorts of items, etc). It takes some time to really get going there, but it's worth it.

However, I'd recommend playing Arcade Mode to get a feel for the game first. Big selection of cars and tracks to get you started, and there's quite a bit of progression and unlocks there, too.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:However, I'd recommend playing Arcade Mode to get a feel for the game first. Big selection of cars and tracks to get you started, and there's quite a bit of progression and unlocks there, too.
Mind giving me some tips? I just randomly picked a car and never made it beyond 5th place in the one race I did in arcade mode.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Whimsical Calamari

pholtos wrote:
Whimsical Calamari wrote:However, I'd recommend playing Arcade Mode to get a feel for the game first. Big selection of cars and tracks to get you started, and there's quite a bit of progression and unlocks there, too.
Mind giving me some tips? I just randomly picked a car and never made it beyond 5th place in the one race I did in arcade mode.
If you have the manual still, there's some basic driving tips in the back. The License Tests in Simulation Mode are basically training for the same stuff, but don't expect to do very well on them (they're ridiculously hard). The most important thing is just, start on the outside of a corner, brake, and cut to the inside of the track, then hit the gas once you've reached the middle of the turn.

Midfield Raceway is a good non-oval to start with. Interesting, fast, easy to learn, wide, lots of leeway if you go off course...

As for which car to pick? I'd personally just go by the stat bars, lol.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:you mean something could top the Escudo? (I could never get mine past 310)
As far as I know the Viper was the fastest car in the game if you just went for top speed. It was utterly useless on the vast majority of tracks though since it accelerated so slowly however. It actually accelerated slowly enough that I'd be about half way through my first lap around the time the other racers were finishing theirs. Though within 5 laps or so I was always in first so long as nothing happened like one of the npc racers pushing me into the wall. And I may be misremembering the top speed I reached a bit but it was definitely either 317, 347, or 367. If you couldn't get past 310 then the 317 one sounds most likely.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Well I gave it a second chance. I guess I need some objective or something because I didn't exactly find it that entertaining, to be honest.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

there are two good racing games: Kirby Air Ride and Sonic R
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Burnout Revenge. So fun. Man.
You're awesome.
Whimsical Calamari

pholtos wrote:Well I gave it a second chance. I guess I need some objective or something because I didn't exactly find it that entertaining, to be honest.
eh, if sims aren't your thing, they aren't your thing.
Piter Lauchy wrote:Burnout Revenge. So fun. Man.
Really should get that at some point. I have Takedown (love it) and Dominator (trash) but I haven't played Revenge, and I've heard things get absolutely crazy in that one.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Oh boy, now there's some good times.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:eh, if sims aren't your thing, they aren't your thing.
I think it's more I'm not a fan of hyper realistic car racing games that have nothing but try to get first on courses. I'm a fan of mario kart for instance.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:
Really should get that at some point. I have Takedown (love it) and Dominator (trash) but I haven't played Revenge, and I've heard things get absolutely crazy in that one.
If you love Takedown, you really should. I loved Takedown as well, but Revenge does everything Takedown does so much better that Takedown seems almost bad in comparison.
You're awesome.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Piter Lauchy wrote:If you love Takedown, you really should. I loved Takedown as well, but Revenge does everything Takedown does so much better that Takedown seems almost bad in comparison.
Burnout Paradise was quite good in my opinion. Though most people like Burnout for the crash junctions while I actually enjoy the racing, especially for the road rage events, so it may not appeal.

Speaking of racing games does anyone know any decent Gran Turismo-like games for the pc? The only ones I really know of are Trackmania, Burnout Paradise, and Need For Speed. None of which are really the kind of racing game I'm talking about.